Introduction !

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#26 tlc22

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

Hi Everyone

I got my first BFP and blood test confirmation and we will be expecting our first baby in the first week of October! 🎉
My doctor has told me to wait three weeks before going for a dating scan so I think i'll get it done around week 8. Is that a normal time to get it done?

I am super excited but sooo nervous. Its very early days and every twinge makes me worry haha!

Exciting times ahead for sure!  😊

Edited by tlc22, 30 January 2016 - 12:48 PM.

#27 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

Hi tlc22, congrats on your bfp :)

I'm so nervous too, I can't wait for this pregnancy to progress, but feeling so sleepy, boobs are sore. Signs are there, which makes me feel better haha, weird how that works.
8 weeks is good for a first scan, some doctors don't do early scans, but it's nice to see that heart beat. 8 weeks seems so far away right now!

#28 tlc22

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostPJVedderGirl, on 30 January 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

Hi tlc22, congrats on your bfp :)

I'm so nervous too, I can't wait for this pregnancy to progress, but feeling so sleepy, boobs are sore. Signs are there, which makes me feel better haha, weird how that works.
8 weeks is good for a first scan, some doctors don't do early scans, but it's nice to see that heart beat. 8 weeks seems so far away right now!

Congrats to you too!! 🎉🎉

I know right! 8 weeks seems like sooo far away! 😩

I'm with you on the sore boobs front. That was my first clue... And they are already huge!! Eeek! 😳

#29 MrsB007

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

Hi  im joining here as well.

Got my first very very faint positive on the 20th and last thursday it was very dark (yes!)
I'm not sure when im due as my periods are all over the place! why I'm in two digs could be either late September or early October.

This will be my 4th bub and 2nd for my husband .

I'm not sure if i get my bloods done or a scan until 12 weeks.

Not many pregnancy symptoms besides bit more tired and off food.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :D

#30 dreamfizz

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hi Ladies
I'm joining in here tentatively... BFP this morning, very faint, will test again tomorrow & book bloods with doctors. Going by my LMP I should be due around 11 October. Very excited!
Haven't had any major symptoms other than slightly sore boobs and I've stopped eating certain veg cause they taste weird. And just had a feeling. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all :)

#31 Living Type

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:46 AM

Tlc my doctor said 8 weeks too for dating scan. I know my dates but will be having cvs at around 12 weeks to test for possible genetic condition then that runs in the family. I want to know if I have twins before then as it makes everything way more complicated.

#32 tlc22

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

Thanks Living Type! This is all so new to me that I have no idea what's normal 😊

Twins 😍 i'm secretly hoping for them as they run in my family.  Would be ridiculously hard but oh soo precious!

Congrats on your BFP dreamfizz!! Exciting times!

#33 dreamfizz

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

Thanks Tlc. Think I'm in shock, keep looking at the stick. When does it sink in?!

#34 tlc22

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

I was the same! I did about 10 tests 😂
It's been a week since I got my first BFP and it still doesnt seem real, maybe it will sink in at the first scan? 😊

#35 cletus

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:23 PM

Congratulations and welcome tlc22, dreamfizz and MrsB007.
I think it takes a while to sink in tlc22. I know having my first scan and hearing the heartbeat with both my two made it seem so much more real, but it wasn't until the baby started moving at around 16 or so weeks that it seemed really real. It's hard to get your mind around something you can't actually see and can only imagine being in there!
This is number 3 for me and I still don't really believe I'm pregnant. It just seems to abstract for me.
Going to the GP tomorrow evening to get my bloods and I hope the results are in. I was booked in for Tues but my son starts school that day and I now need to take him for an appointment too so tomorrow night it is

#36 dreamfizz

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:22 PM

so I poas again and bfp still and a little bit darker. such a relief. going to wait til later in the week for the bloods. tlc I agree that it might be the scan that makes it sink in.

how is everyone else going? Do you have many symptoms yet?

I haven't had a lot. I had a teary episode this morning that was a bit out of the blue. Other than that I feel pretty normal. No nausea yet (wouldn't it be nice if it stayed that way?!).

is anyone going to tell their family/friends this early? Or do you all want to wait? I feel like I need someone to talk to so really want to tell my mum or a girlfriend but not sure if that's the right thing just yet... So you ladies will have to put up with me posting every little thing on here instead :rofl:

#37 honeybarbara

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

I'm so excited. First positive test last week and bloods done already to confirm it. I go for a scan at 6 weeks. I've already shared the news with some close friends as I'll need all the support I can get. Parents will be next. Wheee!

#38 Joan10

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

Hello everyone again, especially to the newbies! Welcome !!

A few people asked about symptoms. This is my second pregnancy and apart from fatigue I don't really have any other symptoms. I actually said as of yesterday that I feel totally normal again minus the fatigue. Trying to not let that get to me, and telling myself to just enjoy it. My morning sickness didn't go full force until about 6 weeks in my last pregnancy.

In terms of the dating scan, mine is booked in for when I'm 7 weeks. By then there's a good chance of seeing a HB. I'm going with the same OB that delivered my first. There's no real rules of when you go for a scan in fact many just wait until their first major one which is at 12 weeks. Personally, I need/want it for reassurance lol.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all over the months to come!

#39 tlc22

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:05 PM

I've been really dizzy and my boobs are beyond sore! Not feeling sick yet thankfully. My sister in law went her whole pregnancy with literally no nausea, wouldn't that be amazing!

We haven't told anyone yet, I think we will hold out until the dating scan and then i'll be spilling the beans to my bestie! We won't be telling family or anyone else until 12 weeks is up :)

#40 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:41 PM

I wasn't going to tell anyone until I was showing, or I could at least feel kicks. My history is not great, so I wanna play it ultra safe..

until, I went to see a bestie, who moved away a while ago. She's got an 8 month old, and we went for a walk, and she spilled the beans that she was pregnant again, and out of excitement and shock I said "REALLY??!! Me too!!!" then immediately regretted it. That would be so super awesome, she's only about 6 weeks ahead.

Anyway, not many symptoms, but I'm a POAS-holic and I got 2-3 weeks on a CB digital today, so that's reassuring. I can't wait for things to progress further and this anxiety to pass. I just can't get too excited, or comfortable with this pregnancy.

#41 tlc22

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:06 AM

I know what you mean with the anxiety, please someone tell me is passes at some stage? I literally check for blood everytime I use the bathroom (which has been every 5 minutes!)

#42 FlowerGirl83

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:06 AM

Greetings:)
We are expecting Baby #5 :) October 8th, possibly? Will go in for a scan the day before my son's 3rd birthday.

We haven't told more than 4 people at this point. We had a MC with our first, got pg with our Oldest, (age 7) then had twins, (age 5)  and then our boy. (almost 3) Other than the first miscarry, we've had healthy pregnancies.

I'm a little nervous revealing #5 to everyone. (Okay, not our friends, not our kids...the FAMILY). We told everyone that our boy was our last. But...with 7 babies born in our church last year, baby fever was in the air... ;)

So...yeah. I kinda want to keep things quiet until our first scan but I have no idea how we're gonna tell our families. Hubby's side is very formal, very concerned about money, etc. My family is very chill and more likely to be concerned about my mental abilities, lol.

We homeschool, so I know there will be some adjusting there too, but all the kids LOVE babies, so I'm sure they'll adjust well.

#43 blondie82

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:02 AM

Hi all!
Thought I would jump in join! I got my BFP last night at 14DPO after testing at 9DPO and 10DPO with BFN's. So very excited.

Bit of background - this will be #3 for me. I have a DD who is 6 and a DD who is 5. The 5 year old started school last week so life will be very different indeed now. Needless to say, it's been a long time between drinks! It's been so long and I didn't think we would conceive so quickly, that on the weekend I donated our baby seat and pram. Must have been an omen!

DH has always wanted 3 but it took me years to say yes. Technically I didn't say 'yes' either. We started TTC and I didn't let him know that's what we were doing. He was so excited last night when I told him we were PG. ha!

Look forward to hearing all about everyone.

#44 kns01

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

Hi All

Newbie to all of this and must admit I had to google what DPO, POAS and BFP meant.

Anywho I did a HPT Friday 22/1 and to my suprise it was positive. We weren't TTC but is a welcomed  suprise. Seems surreal and I have my first GP visit today with my first obs appt two weeks away. My EDD is 1st of October and symptoms thurst far are fatigue, headaches, abdominal stretches/cranps and one off metallic taste.

Honestly I'm scared but remaining positive.

Take care

#45 dreamfizz

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

I had my GP visit this morning and bloods as well. Getting the results late on Friday afternoon.

This is our first as well. I had the worst night last night - I'm pretty sure I only slept for a couple hours at most. My boobs have started feeling really heavy, not sore as such but just like they are massive & full. Other than that, all good.

TLC I agree, I am paranoid every time I go to the bathroom as well. I'm trying to relax and let it sink in though.

PJ I am a POAS aholic as well. I tested yesterday with a digital and got 1-2 weeks, but it was very diluted and just to prove to my DP that yes, we are pg. Alas, it was nice to see the words 'pregnant' rather than a faint line!

Is anyone else surprised that there will be a heartbeat at 6 weeks?! I just read it on these forums. That's only a couple weeks away! Amazing what our bodies can do!

#46 1000Stars

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

Hi all, just wondering if afacebook page has been set up yet? Perhaps we an do it as a secret page. I learnt so much from joining a group with my first son. Thanks Annie

#47 dreamfizz

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

hey 1000stars. I won't be joining any fb groups until well after 12 weeks. I'd rather stay here where it is anonymous, just until we get past that 12 week scan. I know they are secret but you can still see when people are in them can't you? but definitly keen to join in the second trimester :)

#48 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:09 PM

Welcome and congratulations new ladies, our little group is growing nicely.

1000stars, I think there's a rule for the facebook page, it can only be started after a certain time?

dreamfizz, I have one more, then no more! What a waste of money they are haha. But they are very reassuring when the line is getting darker and darker.

My uterus is feeling very full today. Apparently that's normal, I should be 5 weeks today. The last couple of days my boobies haven't been so bad, but today they're getting sore again. I did freak myself out a bit, but I think it's normal for symptoms to come and go this early.. bring on the 2nd trimester.. I hate these early weeks!

#49 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

I'm here too!

This hopefully will be baby #1 for me and #3 for DH (I have 2 beautiful DSDs who are 13 and 11.)

I got a BFP on mothers day last year, but when I had my 8 week scan the baby was measuring behind and the heartbeat a little slow. Then after a few weeks and a rescan there was no heartbeat. I ended up having a D&C. I then had another very early loss later in the year.

This baby has a special bond already, as I ovulated on my due date and then got a BFP on my birthday!

I am seeing a FS about the recurrent MCs, so I will have bloods done twice a week until 12 weeks and an US every fortnight from 6 weeks. I really really hoping for a sticky this time. Now we have done all the tests and so far nothing has come up as abnormal.

So far, they are happy with the levels. My HCGs aren't super high, but are in the realms of normal (125 last Friday, 282 on Monday). My progesterone was 123 on Monday, so at least that seems like it's going ok atm.

I'm due around Oct 7th based on my ovulation day :)

View Post1000Stars, on 02 February 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

Hi all, just wondering if afacebook page has been set up yet? Perhaps we an do it as a secret page. I learnt so much from joining a group with my first son. Thanks Annie

We can't have FB groups linked to this one until the group has been around for a month I believe!

I'm with you dreamfizz, with my history, it broke my heart to join and then leave the FB last time.

#50 honeybarbara

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:40 PM

By my calculations I'm due around 8 Oct, so 4 weeks 3 days. Symptoms - tender breasts, back pain and a bit of mild pain like PMS but duller. The symptoms come and go which I find a bit unnerving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.