Introduction !

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#126 N. Tonks

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

I'm so sorry sweetshellz, will be thinking of you.

#127 sweetshellz

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:14 PM

View PostFeralRebelWClaws, on 21 February 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'm so sorry to hear that sweetshellz. I wish you luck in your TTC journey.

Thank you! x

Edited by sweetshellz, 21 February 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#128 Living_The_Dream

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss sweetshellz xx

#129 pikkulintu

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hi all!
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I got my bfp a few days ago and today I'm bang on 4 weeks.
Nausea and tiredness has started. Much earlier this time round than it was with my boys. With them, it didn't start to kick in until 6 weeks or so.
Had some bloods done to check hcg levels and the like so waiting results on those and having a ultrasound in a couple of weeks. I think I'm due on Oct 31st.
Looking forward to sharing everyone's journey!

I'm so sorry for your loss sweetshellz. You are in my thoughts xo

#130 dreamfizz

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

pikkulintu i was just looking at your signature! both DS's born in november & this one due late october! Amazing they are all around the same time. Was that planned?

#131 pikkulintu

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

@dreamfizz nope not planned. with all of my pregnancies we started trying at different times of the year but Feb seems to be my lucky month!
I'm always getting bdays jumbled as there are about another 4 relatives with birthdays in those months too. Expensive time of year lol

#132 Morton-89

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

How sucky is pikkulintu?! My entire immediate family is in August, plus my husband and about 5 other close friends. All my tax money gets saved for that month cos rego is due then too haha!

#133 pikkulintu

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:50 PM

Same here @morton-89. Rego and insurance all due that time too! It's always the way isn't it lol

#134 Mumanik

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

Hi ladies I'm nervously joining also! Due 26/10. I had hcg Friday and Monday and they were 600 And 1700. Praying this one sticks! 5th pregnancy and second baby!

#135 Lily-bee

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

Welcome mumanik and sorry for your losses.

#136 Morton-89

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:26 AM

Sending you sticky baby vibes Mumanik :)

#137 RollerGirl

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:04 PM

Hi all,

I want to add my intro. I was in the Sept DIG but have since had a dating scan and I'm now in this group.

This is our first. Planned.

I'm tired and peeing a lot.

xx

#138 RollerGirl

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

Oh and I've kept a blog on EB. Feel free to have a read. I think that you can access it by clicking on my user pic.

#139 ThrilledWolf

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:48 PM

Hi everyone
Just found out I'm pregnant due October 17th!!
Miracle baby as I was on the pill and only tested as we were about to start our frozen egg IVF transfer figured test one last time just in case and bam! Strong positive
So happy and  excited 😊

#140 honeybarbara

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

Welcome and congratulations! What wonderful timing.

#141 AlmondButter

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

Hi All, I'd like to join in after we had a successful 8 week scan this week! Due with baby no.2 on 13th October. We had a loss last year so I was a bit nervous to join before the first scan. Looking forward to chatting with you ladies :)

#142 Smartiepants

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hi girls! I have been sticky beaking this group for a while now, eagerly awaiting my own BFP and sure enough last week there it was. I am over the moon but cautious (trying not to get too excited, but failing). The tests are getting stronger and stronger and I am 4w4d (technically I should be in November DIG but there isn't one yet and I am too scared to start one at the risk of throwing my caution to the wind...)

I am booked in for a scan tomorrow but I am concerned that they wouldn't be able to see anything at all this early? My previous pg was ectopic so I am guessing the US will be able to rule that out at this stage?  I am not expecting a heartbeat, just a confirmation that the bean has implanted in the right place. I am so preoccupied with this, how does anyone function like a normal person during this time?! Ahhhhh!!

xx

#143 Lily-bee

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:56 PM

Hi smartipants,

Wlecome and congratulations.

It's a hard one to say because at this eary stage I am not sure if you would see the bean implant. You may see the sac but it could be empty (not to say it that's a negative but the scan may not be able to pick up the baby).

He would definitely rule out ectopic I presume.

You don't function, very well, until you see a positive scan I'm afraid. Maybe do something to distract yourself. Good luck and come back to update us.

#144 Morton-89

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hi smartiepants congrats on the BFP :) I'm not sure what you'd see at 4 weeks I know when I had a scan last time at 7 weeks, I was measuring 5 weeks and only saw an empty sac which they said was normal at the time. So I don't know if you'd be able to see a lot, but at the same time if it's gonna make you feel better then you're better off doing it :)

#145 Damascus

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

Hi Smartiepants,
I'm a few weeks ahead of you, due October 12th.
I had an ectopic last year also, so understand your distress. For this one, I had a scan at 5 weeks and it was showing an empty gestational sack, but it was in the uterus so I was over the moon. Particularly as I had suspected that both of my tubes must be blocked, but as my gynae said, sometimes there is no reason for an ectopic, they just don't make it through! I've only got the one Fallopian tube now, but knew things were promising when I could feel myself ovulate on the correct side.
Just had my 8 week dating scan and we could see the baby and a heartbeat, so relieved!  
All the best and don't worry, and are things will be fine!

P.s. For ectopic so your HCG levels generally don't double, so this can also be a positive sign while you're waiting to see that heartbeat.

Xxx

#146 Damascus

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:03 PM

Stupid autocorrect! I meant to say 'don't worry, chances are things will be fine'

#147 Smartiepants

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:28 AM

Thanks ladies, sorry to hear you had an ectopic too Damascus. It really ruins all future pregnancies doesn't it?

I postponed my US appointment by a few days so I will be getting it at what I suspect is 5w3d, am hoping to see a sac in the uterus. Fx. This pregnancy certainly feels different to the ectopic as I have heaps more symptoms but then again I might be more aware of every twinge and hiccup now.

That's good to know that hcg doesn't double for ectopic pregnancies. I have been POAS like crazy since my first BFP and it has gotten progressively darker to the point where it is significantly darker than the control line. That cant be a bad sign.

#148 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:22 AM

I had a scan and was measuring 5w6d and even had a heartbeat at that stage! (Though in theory I was 6w2d).

#149 Smartiepants

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

Oh FRWC that's so amazing! I cant wait to hear a HB but I don't think its going to be this scan for me. I wish the next few weeks would just hurry up and be done with.

#150 TrueBogan

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

Hi all,
I have just joined the group

Im due 5 oct this will be  hubbys and my first child

Edited by TrueBogan, 11 March 2016 - 02:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.