Introduction !

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#1 Joan10

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

Hi all, hope to be joined by many more expecting mumma's soon!

Very early days for me. Expecting second baby Oct 4. Just based on my own calculations. Currently 3W5D so being extremely cautious but still very excited. We got our BFP 10dpo which was a faint line, which is now (12DPO) darker thank goodness.

Blood test scheduled for this coming Wednesday to confirm and also check on progesterone and iron etc.

Hope there will be more of us by the next time I check this thread!

#2 cletus

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

hi Joan10,
I'm joining you in this group! Also very early days for us, I'm guessing I'm due around Oct 2 or 3 based on my calculations but I'll wait for a dating scan down the track to confirm.  I got my BFP yesterday which totally threw me - I was expecting it to take another 6 months to conceive.

This will be number 3 for us. I was hit today with the beginning of the nausea which is making me nervous, it's never started this early before...I'm hoping it isn't too bad because it was an absolute nightmare with my daughter.

Looking forward to heaps more people joining this group. The group I joined many moons ago with my daughter still keeps in touch so I'm looking forward to sharing everyone's journey on here!

#3 katiejune

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

Hello, so I think I can join this group after my BFP today. If it's right I'm 4+2 and due 1 Oct. I have an 18 month old son so this will be my second. Still in shock I think - first baby took 14 cycles, this one first time!!!

#4 Joan10

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

Hi Cletus & katiejune !

So lovely to meet you both :) I'm finally four weeks tomorrow haha. Can this trimester be over now so I can tell everyone? Haha

Thank goodness for these forums!

Cletus I'm looking forward to the group expanding too :) I'm still very much in touch with the ladies I met through here with my first :) don't know what I would have done without them to be honest. Such a great support group.

#5 maybeebaby

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hi all,

I am also joining this group as I believe we are approx. 4.5 weeks!

EDD 03 OCT 2016

First time parents so excited and anxious at the same time!

Visited the GP today to have initial blood tests and check all is in order.
Results due on Wednesday 27 Jan.

if all goes well, we will go for our 6 week ultrasound.

Exciting times ahead :) :)

:yes:

#6 cletus

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

Welcome Maybeebaby and Katiejune!

I booked in with an Obstetrician today. I had heard that most of the obstetricians in my area book out super quick so I jumped on it straight away. The OB I've used for my last 2 pregnancies only delivers at the public hospital and I've got private health insurance so I figure I want the full private experience!
Even though I've been through this twice before it still doesn't seem quite real and I know I won't believe it until I see a heartbeat on the ultrasound. Although bloods would  be a first step - that doesn't happen until next Tues as my GP isn't in this week.
I'd forgotten how much I hate the waiting once you find out you are pregnant!  I'm always freaked out something is going to happen so those for 12 weeks are a bloody nightmare. Can we fast forward to the end of March please?

#7 katiejune

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

Thanks ladies. And congratulations to you too!

Cletus interesting you say that about OBs and public. I went private last time but want to do public this time. But I have private health insurance... so can I use that at all in a public hospital? I want to try and get into their midwifery program if possible.

#8 maybeebaby

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

Thanks Cletus and KatieJune!

Yes I booked a pap / pre-pregnancy planning session with the OB we knew we wanted in 2015 to ensure we wouldn't have too many issues with getting in once we started to try as he gets very busy from what we hear.

just playing the waiting game now, as anything can happen over next few weeks. the DR said the bloods come back tomorrow then if we want to check again, we do another hormone blood check to ensure levels are rising correctly.
Otherwise I can wait and just go for a 6 week ultrasound.

first baby, so trying not to over analyse everything :)

#9 Living Type

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

Congratulations everyone!
I've just got a positive test. Edd 1st October.  Trying not to be too excited, it's early days

#10 cletus

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

Katiejune-if you have private health insurance, you can use it at the public hospital. Your health insurance gets billed for the room and the expenses. It means you might (hopefully) get a private room after you deliver, but it is dependent on availability.I've heard some great things about midwifery programs - our local hospital gets great reviews for it.  Call straight away and try to get on it. I know the one in Wollongong books out super quick and everyone else just has to go through the regular antenatal clinic. Not sure if it is same for where you are.

Welcome Living Type! Let yourself get excited, this doesn't happen very often. I  tried not to with my first and by the time 12 weeks came around, I was used to the idea and the excitement level had dipped. Had anything happened, I would have been devastated regardless of whether I had I let myself get excited or not.

#11 becstarash

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hi girls ...got our  BFP today feeling excited and a little nervous. ..this will be bubs #5 for us xo

#12 Joan10

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:14 PM

Hi all :) so glad there is more of us now!

AFM : we are going private again, with the same OB who delivered our daughter. I go for my first bloods tomorrow so hopefully that goes smoothly. Last pregnancy I was very anaemic so hopefully my iron isn't too bad this time. I'll also request a referral for my OB so I can book in my first scan within the next couple of weeks :)

#13 maybeebaby

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:35 PM

exciting news, we received our blood results from DR and all positive - levels seem to be in range and all in order...

One quick question ladies......
is it usual to get only 1 blood test confirming everything
alternatively 2 separate blood tests (say between 4-5 weeks) to check hcp levels are rising or just 1 blood test and then just go for the 6 week ultrasound?

#14 cletus

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:37 PM

Good luck with the bloods tomorrow Joan10.

Welcome becstarash. Congrats on your BFP! What ages are you other children?

#15 cletus

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

maybeebaby - I've only had one lot of bloods. Most people don't even go for a 6 week scan - they just wait for the 12 week one. I think most people want to know that there is a heartbeat and bub is growing. If your GP is hesitant to refer you for a dating scan, you can always say you have out of whack cycles so you have no idea how far along you are.

#16 maybeebaby

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

View Postcletus, on 26 January 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

maybeebaby - I've only had one lot of bloods. Most people don't even go for a 6 week scan - they just wait for the 12 week one. I think most people want to know that there is a heartbeat and bub is growing. If your GP is hesitant to refer you for a dating scan, you can always say you have out of whack cycles so you have no idea how far along you are.

Thanks for this Cletus! We will see what happens, DR did suggest a second blood check to ensure everything is rising and the 6 wk scan.

#17 Joan10

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Cletus :) bloods taken today and results will be on Monday.

Maybeebaby - depending on results I'll most likely just get the one lot of hcg results but I'm booked in for my first scan feb 16th :) so I'll be 7 weeks. This is mostly due to my history with an ectopic. And my own piece of mind hehe.

Hope you're all feeling well and the symptoms aren't too crazy yet.

#18 cletus

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

I got impatient and booked my bloods for tomorrow. I realised my GP (who I'm seeing on Tuesday) isn't in again until a week after that. So I'll just see whoever is on for tomorrow and then I can get my results and referrals at the appointment on Tuesday. Patience has never been one of my virtues.

#19 Sun Flower

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

Hello ladies! I got my BFP this morning, so exciting! It's early days but all going well bub should be due in the first week of October. This is my first and I'm 40 but I'm feeling good so far, just a little tired. I'm loving the feeling of knowing I'm pregnant!

#20 LouLou86

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Hi all,

I said I wasn't going to join any of these groups but thought I would introduce myself as further down the track I might join in a bit more!

I got an early BFP at 9DPO last week, all confirmed with bloods today - HCG 930 @16DPO. Due October 5.

We conceived twins last year through ovulation induction, however I unfortunately suffered from PPROM and gave birth to them at 20+2. I am thrilled we were able to conceive 100% naturally this time, however I have already gone through waves of emotions since finding out...if I read too much into things at times I make myself feel sick! So I am going to try and keep off these forums for awhile and look after myself. But thought I would say hi incase down the track once things are a bit more settled I can join in.

Good luck ladies for an uneventful 9 months xxx

#21 Yeahidunno2or3

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

Hi all, I'm going to cautiously poke my head in here as well. I got my faint bfp on Monday but after a series of false starts, wasn't expecting it to get darker. By Wednesday, it's now super dark, and I did another today after holding for only a couple hours, and the line came up straight away and even darker. Im so anxious but optimistic this might be our sticky bean this time. I think due date would be 4th October.

Hope to stay and get to know all of you :)

#22 cletus

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

welcome Sun Flower, LouLou and PJVedderGirl. Congratulations! I hope you have a super uneventful and boring pregnancy LouLou. Please join in when you feel ready. Fingers crossed for a sticky one for you PJVedderGirl!

I went for my bloods today, and I was told the GP that they generally don't even test for pregnancy by bloods anymore if you've had  a positive home pregnancy test. Due to a history of irregular cycles with me, I was able to get the referral for the HCG, but it's combined with all the other blood work so I've got to fast for it so I'm going to get the bloods done tomorrow morning. Won't get the results until Tuesday next week. I hope I've got some nice solid HCG levels in those results!

#23 Joan10

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

Welcome everyone :) our little group is growing !!

All the best for your results Cletus.

As for me, I couldn't bear waiting until Monday for my results so I called my GP to check if the results were in. Just left his office.

HCG: 415
Progesterone: 83

Bloods taken 4W1D (15DPO).

May we all have a great weekend ! Stay sticky babies!

#24 maybeebaby

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

View PostJoan10, on 27 January 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

Thanks Cletus Posted Image bloods taken today and results will be on Monday.

Maybeebaby - depending on results I'll most likely just get the one lot of hcg results but I'm booked in for my first scan feb 16th Posted Image so I'll be 7 weeks. This is mostly due to my history with an ectopic. And my own piece of mind hehe.

Hope you're all feeling well and the symptoms aren't too crazy yet.

Thanks Joan10! Wow the group is growing in numbers now!! I hope you're doing well too, sounds positive!

So great news for us so far, HCG levels seem to be rising :)
14DPO - 310
16DPO - 700

The DR also referred us for my first / 6 week scan, which we've booked for mid-Feb.  The OBGYN will see us at 10 weeks so mid? March.

Hoping everything goes well at the first scan as it's our first time pregnant and not sure what to expect! Just reading lots of information atm.

Symptoms at this stage are just being tired and those night time bathroom breaks which are annoying!!

#25 cletus

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

Got my bloods done today as well! I was told by the GP that they were fasting so I didn't do them after my appointment yesterday. Walked in to pathology first thing only to be told they weren't fasting so not sure what was going on there! Anyway, I'll get the results on Tuesday, I can't get them over the phone where I go unfortunately.

I did another digi pregnancy test today, it moved from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks so that has made me relax completely. Not nauseas yet but so vague and 'blah' it's not funny. I'm starving but food doesn't really appeal and am totally turned off chocolate (to which I am some what addicted). It's so strange to be totally starving yet I can't find anything I actually WANT to eat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.