Due in March 2016 Thread #3

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:17 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

As the Facebook group details thread is now at the top of this section it does not need to be discussed in this thread as that is against guidelines.  I must reiterate also that members should not feel they have to ever join FB you can post in one or the other or both, your choice.  Further reference and discussion of the group will be edited out.

Regards

Ali

#2 Mothers Groupie

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

Gold?...

#3 Mothers Groupie

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:08 PM

Hmmm I only put a question mark because I never thought that I would have a chance at gold on any thread. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

#4 Tiish

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

Maybe we all have bad ms and can't make it to our computers!

#5 PotatoScallop

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

Hi everyone! Hope you're all travelling well. I went to my GP's yesterday for the results for my blood test from Friday, to check my iron and hCG levels. I was 6w2d at the time of the blood test, and my levels were 26,800. So seems good :) my iron levels are still really low, severely anaemic, my GP wants me to start injections as the tablets are not being absorbed properly. She wants me to wait until I see my obstetrician at 12 weeks though, because the injections aren't recommended in the first trimester.

What's everyone else up to? Hope you're all having a relaxing weekend!

#6 heart-beat

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

I've been feeling so much better since including vitamin B in my regime. No more nausea or dizziness!

#7 WaitingForBabies

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

Potato were you taking the tablet with food or other tablets? It should be taken on its own and not before/after having calcium as from memory it prevents it from absorbing

#8 Sneff

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

Anyone else not feeling pregnant anymore?? Never really had much sickness. Feeling abit worried as ive had a miscarriage last pregnancy

#9 Ethansmumma

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

Hey Sneff,
I'm not feeling pregnant at all and am worried but just figure there isn't much I can do right now so am trying to stay positive! How far along are you?

#10 OrganisedChaos

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hello ladies, I hope you are all having a nice weekend.

Mothers Groupie - you most certainly got the gold this time!

I am tired quite a lot and have some light headedness, boobs tender but only really when I roll over at night, I don't really like to eat a big amount of food at a time and I can feel a lovely little pressure down below - lucky as so far there has been no MS (10w2d today) but do feel a little sickly if I don't eat/drink for a long period of time.

Apart from that I'm hanging out for my 12wk scan (which will actually be 13wk) and thinking OMG I'm already a quarter of the way through, best get to researching everything I will need to buy and do - there's an awful lot to take in for a first time mum, that's for sure!

How is everyone else going?

#11 makingmirrors

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Hey Organised Chaos, you wrote all my thoughts and symptoms.  I think we're due the same day too.  

I've been lurking here not quite believing it but I thought I would finally join in.  

I keep eating too much food at once, I must get a handle on that....my stomach is not handling it, like the big roast dinner I had (I've been craving a full roast dinner for a week and got over excited when it was in front of me)

NIPT test this week, scan in two.  Fingers crossed all goes to plan

mm

#12 Mothers Groupie

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

Hi ladies- exciting times ahead as the 12 week milestone looms. I'll be ten weeks since LMP this week, but corrected age is closer to 6 week mark. So I'm not out of the woods yet.

Currently writing this post whilst attending medical grand rounds at work. It's on obstetrics...mainly near misses. EEK bad choice of topic for this anxious mum to be

#13 MerriB

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

Wow feels like forever since I posted. First day in a while I've had the energy to catch up on everyone's posts.

Congrats to all who have had scans - I'm finally booked for my first next Monday, ( should be about 9 weeks), Dr agreed as next bloods need to be done right on 10 weeks we should confirm dates (yay)!

My ms has kicked up a gear, still no vomiting, just overwhelming all day nausea, then copped flu on top of it on Friday, barely got through the weekend at work, now enjoying a day off on the couch with the little one (who has been very good). Had to tell bus. Partner and a few staff at work on weekend as I was so unwell, much better now as they are all looking out for me.

I'm also getting back pain, lower and upper middle, hip pain, achy legs. Was a regular at the myo last time and also did yoga all the way through and it helped a lot. Flu has made aches worse, hot shower works wonders!

Hope everyone else is managing to avoid the colds and flu.

#14 Emeraldrain

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

Still feeling icky here. Work is killing me. Full time and pregnant was not a good idea I think! One day at a time! Hope everyone is doing ok

#15 A romantic

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

Emerald rain I work full time too and I find it's hard to keep your energy levels up day after day. Can't have too much caffeine too, which doesn't help!

I had my first scan today at 8weeks 4 days. Everything looking good, heard the heartbeat. Lovely to see. I met my obstetrician too, she's really nice.

Hope everyone is going well, I'm off to bed!

#16 LoudMuffin

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

I sent a message to you runner it may be in others :)

Just quickly to introduce myself now.

I have 2 dsds a ds and dd from a previous relationship and df and I had our baby boy together on the 18th of march. fast forward a few months and SURPRISE looks like our littlest one will be getting a brother or sister for his first birthday! Due the 18th of march 2016 lol. Busy busy time!

Congratulations to all of you xx

#17 whoismum

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

Hello.  New to this thread ... not sure of my exact dd but approx 29 march going off lmp :-) no scans as yet so hoping to confirm soon, in the meantime I'm assuming 6 wks 5 days!!

MS has struck me this week and i've been miserable trying to keep up with miss almost 2 but crackers and fresh air are helping so far.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone progresses.

#18 AnotherSugar

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

Hey ladies!! Quietly reading along!  Morning sickness at its peak and in dragging my feet :). 8 weeks now and I envy you all about to hit the 12 week mark - feels so far away right now!!!!!

#19 Emeraldrain

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

I'm with you another sugar :) 9 weeks today and it seems forever away to hit 12

#20 OrganisedChaos

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

Hang in there, ladies, the 12-week mark will be here before you know it!

Boy it certainly is quiet in here these days .....

#21 Mothers Groupie

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

Hi ladies - it's been very quiet on here since the thread that shan't be named has happened. I've been quiet too - unfortunately it looks like I'll be the first member the bow out of this group. The little embryo's heart beat stopped at around 10 weeks.

Best of luck to all you other ladies!!!!

#22 BlackButterfly

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:28 AM

Oh Mothers Groupie, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you are ok.

Take care of yourself.

#23 Gee gee

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

I'm sorry Mothersgroupie.

#24 Emeraldrain

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

So sorry mothers groupie :(

#25 AnotherSugar

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

I'm so sorry Mothers Groupie!  Look after yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.