How much have you already bought for bubs?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 nicklou86

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:41 PM

wondering how much eveyone has bought so far or are we still window shopping?

i only bought a little outfit and burp bibs to tell DH but im hesitant to get anything until at least after 12 weeks, but im actually thinking of waiting longer than that - ive seen many mums to be get absolutely everything really early and then its hard to know what to get at the baby shower etc...

#2 jayz~mel

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:44 PM

I haven't bought anything yet. I'm waiting until at least 12wks, but most stuff I'll wait until our gender scan. If it's a boy, we already have so much stuff from the 2 boys we already have. I have found the pram I want though, so will be putting it on layby as soon as we know gender :)

#3 Hawaiian_Surprise

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

oh I was naughty yesterday and bought some cute tights and what not. It was on sale lol thats my excuse

#4 123Babies4Me

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

As of about two seconds ago :-) , I've bought :

- a new pram (strider Compact)
- a new carrier (Ergo 360)
- new swaddles (love to dream)
- new maternity pants (jeanswest)

All taking advantage of sales, all products I have had my eye on for a long time or have already used before. I was in desperate need of a new pram for my other children (3yo and almost 2yo need the pram for the school run as we walk every day, I'll kick the 3yo out when the baby comes!), otherwise I would have waited. I asked my husband if I was being a bit too early buying stuff (I've always been cautious previously) but he thinks that its ok.

#5 Flaxen

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

I bought a car capsule today.
Unfortunately it doesn't fit in my car.
I'll have to sell it and buy a different one.
I haven't bought anything else yet.

#6 WaitingForBabies

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

123 did you look at the city select as well as the strider compact? I'm debating between the two of them.

I bought DH and onesie for when I told him and that's it. Oh and some baby wipes that were on sale lol.

I'm looking at putting the strider compact on lay-by on Monday after my scan if all goes well at that along with getting someone to pricematch baby kingdom.

My parents want to give me my old covert a cot which is a single bed. It's from bunkers in SA if anyone wants to google it. As a "design" choice in the house I don't like it but it's free!

Edited by WaitingForBabies, 01 August 2015 - 10:18 PM.

#7 Poke

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

I havent bought a thing. I have a 14 month old so have been going with the idea 'I have everything'. But now i've read this thred I realise I have given a lot away. Luckily we live in a close knit community who share things around. Fingers crossed I will have hand me downs forces on me as soon as I start showing.

#8 Happylilcamper

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:35 PM

I haven't brought anything for this Bub yet but have collected stuff over the last two years of ttc including a round badger basket bassinet - it's amazing!!! I kept Skylah's good stuff anyway so have that too. Oh and 30 ish mcns in those 2 years too.

#9 tess840

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

Haven't bought anything yet! We do still have everything from DD so probable won't buy anything this time around until we know the gender!
Last pregnancy I did start adding boxes of nappies to every shop to 'stock up' so that when I was on less pay on maternity leave I wouldn't have to buy any! It was a great idea and might start that again this time! (Although DD is still in nappies too so I'll be buying double 😩)

#10 monique88

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

The strider compact is the one I want too! Where'd you get it 123babies4me? And how much? I bought little socks to tell DH when I was pregnant and that's it so far. I want to keep an eye out for the items I want when they're on sale. I have fallen in love with the Moses baskets from the Bebelicious website so I'll get one of those when I'm further along.

#11 123Babies4Me

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

Waiting - I looked at the City Select too (my friend has one, and I think it's great). My only qualm with it was that it felt very big compared to the Strider. I already have a Strider Plus and know how awesome Striders are, so I didn't need much convincing to pick it over others :)

Monique- I bought it from my Baby Warehouse, although Baby Kingdom has a much cheaper price now :(

#12 123Babies4Me

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

$800 with two seats:)

#13 aqualena

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

I have about 6 boxes of baby stuff packed away... and we are not even trying yet. Mostly stuff bought on sale from all kinds of places from pumpkin patch to country road down to woolies

ETA: we haven't got any children yet, so it is not stuff saved from previous babies. My ovaries have been screaming for years

ETA2: just realised this is a "due in march 2016" forum and I shouldn't be posting here... but i still thought it was funny LOL

Edited by aqualena, 02 August 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#14 WaitingForBabies

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

123 if it makes you feel any better, I'm just going to buy it straight from baby warehouse and pay basically $10 more than if I got it from baby kingdom with postage.
Did you get the 2015 version or the one before? If you got it for $800 inc a second seat then that's  a great deal as I've noticed the 2015 is $749 on the baby warehouse site

#15 Sneff

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:49 AM

So i have a cot and basinet. And a few clothes my MIL bought me. I am deciding on a pram. I am thinking the strider as i like how the capsule can click into it. Does anyone know how much roughly the capsules are?

#16 123Babies4Me

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

Thanks Waiting!! That makes me feel better :) I'm not sure which version I got though.

Sneff, from memory the capsule is about $200??

#17 Sneff

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

They have the strider compact with second chair for $698 at babies r us atm

#18 WaitingForBabies

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

Good deal Sneff, the kingfisher looks like it's either the new model or the 2013 one with foam wheels and the other ones are the 2013 model if that helps you. The capsules are just under $300. If you can get someone to prove match the compact/agile capsule is $270 at baby kingdom and the bigger capsule used in the strider plus is $298. I like the idea of the bigger one as bubs will be in it longer.

123 the new model has foam filled wheels compared to air and has a 4th upright position. There was 2 2013 models that had the foam and that was the ocean blue and granite, the others were air filled.
Can you tell I've been looking for a while haha!
I'm leaning towards the strider as its cheaper than the other brands plus I don't have to pay $100 for an adaptor to use a capsule.

#19 PinkPastell

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

I have not purchased anything since we have found out im pregnant. I haven't even as much walked into a baby store or department. I think we will be waiting till the 12-14 week mark before we do. Maybe even longer.

#20 PaperCats

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostPinkPastell, on 02 August 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

I have not purchased anything since we have found out im pregnant. I haven't even as much walked into a baby store or department. I think we will be waiting till the 12-14 week mark before we do. Maybe even longer.

I'm the same, my hubby and I are both pretty low key people we probably won't buy anything until at least 25+ weeks. I won't be having a baby shower either, I hate being the centre of attention.

#21 Gee gee

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

I also doubt I will buy anything until about 30 weeks. I'm a bit superstitious about it, plus I can't stand having stuff I'm not actually using taking up space.

#22 (feral)epg

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

Haven't bought anything yet.  Counting down the days until the scan and finding out the gender so I can start going through DD's old stuff and hopefully clearing out a whole heap.  (I think this one's a boy).

I might also have been spending some time looking at wallpaper for the nursery though.

#23 ltow3810

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:26 AM

I've bought a hug a bub and some of the bonds suits when they were on special at Aldi.  I love shopping and have to stop my self buying more!!

#24 Runner5

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

I've bought a $10 neutral coloured onesie in size 0000 just so Theodore has something of his/her own that wasn't belonging to big brother first. But otherwise nothing and TBH I'm not sure we need much. If Theodore is in fact Theodora I have no qualms with dressing her in her big brothers clothes where I can :) and so much of the tiny stuff gets outgrown so fast.

My parents bought DS his cot when he was born (it's a bit of a tradition coz her parents bought a cot for me when I was born) and she's asked what 'big thing' she can buy for this one and I honestly can't think of a single thing!!! Maybe a new nursery 'set', curtains, cot blanket, wall hangings etc so DS can keep his cowboy stuff in his room.

I'm trying to think what 'disposable' little bits and pieces I'll need that I don't have - some newborn nappies I guess, although I'm planning on MCNing again. Stuff like infacol (OMG that stuff saved my life with DS) and new dummies. It's funny how quickly you forget the things you did and needed during the newborn stage...

#25 Trace91

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

Ive bought some neutral clothes and decorations for the nursery, thats all for now though. My bestie has a basinet that we are going to borrow so that is one less thing we will need to buy..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.