Scans / Tests...

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 Trace91

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:38 AM

Good to hear your scan went well runner!!

#27 Trace91

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:38 PM

Dating scan booked for 12/08..3 weeks!!

Edited by Trace91, 21 July 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#28 BlackButterfly

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

I had my first appointment with my Ob on Monday and everything went as well as could be! I had a scan done and got to see the heartbeat! I was put at 7weeks5days which is exactly where I thought I would be. My blood pressure was a little high though, but not too bad.

We now have to wait a couple of weeks to have NIPT testing done then if we get the all clear we will start telling people.

On a side note - I feel awful. I have both MS and a cold and I have barely been able to move for two days. I didn't want to take too much time off work though, so I'm back today, but I can hardly think properly.

#29 PinkPastell

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Dating scan now rescheduled to Monday for me.
As my bloods are showing I'm not as far along as we think I'm Hoping by then I'm far along enough to see something and work out what's going on.

So nervous, not sure how I'm going to cope waiting til Monday!

#30 tess840

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

Gah! Waiting is so frustrating! Just think the longer you wait for a scan, the more of Bub you will get to see x

#31 ltow3810

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

Yay to all who have had a dating scan and seen their little developing bubs.
I will have a dating scan this time but only because I have no clue when my LMP was.  My Dr only works Tuesday and Thursday at the surgery I go to - and I can't go tomorrow so I think I'll go Tuesday and get a referral then.

#32 PetaLeo

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

I had my dating scan today. I drank too much water and nearly cried, I was so uncomfortable. She made me go to the loo 'a bit, then stop' So awkward.
All worth it to see that little flickering heart beat. Hooray, my EDD is now 14/3, which is super because we have an OS trip booked and that gives me a little more time.

#33 123Babies4Me

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

Is all the water drinking terrible?? And then they press on it !!! way to test that pelvic floor!! but its all worth it to see that heartbeat! congrats Peta!!

#34 WaitingForBabies

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

That's good news Peta!

I'm hanging for my dating scan to see that I actually have a baby growing because I'm feeling so down about lack of obvious symptoms.

1 week and 4 days until the scan. Hurry up August the 3rd! Lucky it's at 8am :)

#35 PetaLeo

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

View Post123Babies4Me, on 23 July 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Is all the water drinking terrible?? And then they press on it !!! way to test that pelvic floor!! but its all worth it to see that heartbeat! congrats Peta!!
I didn't empty my bladder before I started drinking which is why I was so uncomfortable. It was only 600 ml

#36 PinkPastell

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

WaitingForBabies - I feel exactly the same right now too! My dating scan is Monday, luckily at 8.15AM, so i wont be tortured waiting all day.
Im a bit down about it, im apparently pregnant, but have next to no symptoms and low hCG, and my GP isnt exactly being overly positive and giving me much hope.
Im just praying im far enough along to see something....

I was told to drink a litre and a half and hour and a half before the scan..... I think im just going to drink a litre an hour before as there's no way i will be able to hold a litre and a half in for over two hours. NO WAY.
I struggle to even drink a whole litre of water a day as it is. eeepp!

#37 Trace91

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:10 PM

Pinkpastell, i was told something similar. 1 litre in half an hour, then hold for an hour. I am going to struggle.

#38 WaitingForBabies

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

I was told 500ml an hr before!

Thanks PinkPastell, I only had a hcg of 85 but no GP thought I needed another test. I have little to no symptoms and my sore breasts have gone so it's so hard. I'm almost 6 weeks, what about you?
I hope it goes well on Monday for you :)

#39 PinkPastell

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

WaitingForBabies- See i wish my GP said that. Instead they have all freaked me out by stressing about how low my hCG is. Its caused me in unmeasurable amount of stress over the last two weeks :(
Based on my LMP i should be 6w 3 days, however my hCG apparently suggests otherwise.
My hCG was 59 when i should have been 5 weeks, my last result was 495 when i should have been 6 weeks.
Im thinking i may be a week behind that, so perhaps 5w 3d instead. Will be 6weeks Monday, which will hopefully be enough to see something and give me enough hope that there actually is something in there.
Im having trouble believing that i actually am pregnant.....so hoping this scan goes well and makes it feel real.

No idea how you are going to wait another week and a half! Good luck with that. haha

#40 WaitingForBabies

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

I'm thankfully visiting my parents in SA at the moment and will be busy. I have to be back on the coast by August the 1st for a wedding so that will keep me distracted. I then have one day to keep occupied at home with my appointment being at 8am on the Monday yay! I should be 7w2d by then or 7w6d if you go by my LMP.
Who knows.
We're your periods regular? You might have ovulated late. Hence why one dr gave me a EDD later than my LMP as I average 33days cycle wise. Hopefully that helps and makes you feel better :)
You probably due later than you think, Monday will help with that!

#41 BlendedMum

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

Scan didn't go so well, measured 6w 2d and no hb. Went back to dr and got bloods today levels have gone from 1710 on the 2/7 & now 30,000+ so he said that's positive. Have to book another scan for 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Dates are all a bit all over the place lmp was 30/5, but ovulation was definitely 13/6 so even dr said it could have been to early.

Edited by BlendedMum, 23 July 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#42 Tiish

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

Sorry to hear you didn't get to see hb BlendedMum- but I have been told at 6 weeks it is still often too early.  If bloods are going up that sounds like a good sign. Good luck for the next scan.

#43 Mumandbub2016

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

Hi ladies! This is the first time I've written (I haven't quite got my head around the abbreviations just yet, but getting there).

We had our first scan last week. After 2 m/cs my DH and I were both incredibly anxious but all went well - bub is 7+3 and we could see the heartbeat (149bpm).

Dr is away over the next few weeks so we're going back again on 29/7 to see that everything is still going well (they have me as high risk! :down:   Fingers crossed...

Edited by Mumandbub2016, 27 July 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#44 Bopbop1

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

Hi ladies I thought I'd post here as many of you may have had your scans even though technically I may be due early April. I've got a scan booked in for next week but have had back pain / spotting for two days, because of this I think it might go either way. Is there much point in seeing my doctor again before then as I think the advice would be we won't know anymore until I have the u/s? I should be 6 weeks when I have the u/so...

#45 Guest_@MrsJ_*

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Bop - I think if your concerned its best to go back to the Drs. They may even be able to do two blood tests 24 hrs apart to see if hcg is going up or down. This would give more indication if its likely to stick or not. I know some ladies get spotting and pain and everything turns out completely fine, others like my first sadly ended in mc. Fingers crossed for you. Definitely go see your doc and chat to them though.

Afm - "12 week scan" booked for August 21st and I cant wait. Feeling like all this sickness and tiredness sucks with not a lot to show for it yet. I get very nervous too and list pray bub is ok in there. I'm looking forward to getting a belly though. A lady I work with is only a few weeks ahead of me and has a very noticeable bump. Number 3 for her though and number 1 for me so I probably wont show till much later.

Good luck with any scans today ladies Xx

#46 Runner5

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

I see my dr next Thursday and will get my referal for 12 week scan too, I can't wait to see Theodore again :D

#47 monique88

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

I have my scan tomorrow at 6w2d (by my dates) to check on the cyst on my ovary and my official date. Will they tell me at the scan my date or do I have to wait to see the ob for the results?

#48 WaitingForBabies

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

They sonographer told me my new due date while I was there. Good luck tomorrow :)

#49 monique88

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

Thanks WFB, hopefully I'll know tomorrow then. I'm pretty sure my dates are spot on so I'll be 6 weeks but it'd be great if I was even a week ahead. Wishful thinking lol

#50 Tiish

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

If they don't tell you just ask them and they should.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.