Names?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 123Babies4Me

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

Hi ladies! Lets start a discussion on what we're thinking for names! I haven't got any yet, my kids now are Asher Joel, Bethany Joy and Lydia Ruth. So I think I'll try to stick with a similar style :-) Boys name are so hard, the girls names were easy!!

#2 MummyBear3913

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

Hi everyone. What a great idea 123babies4me! I found naming DD so stressful and still occasionally have naming regret. My husband hates playing what he calls 'the name game' so it will be lovely to have you all to bounce ideas off We have Abigail Jean (Abby).

#3 Runner5

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

We're in trouble if this one is a boy.  The only boy name we both absolutely adored we've already used!!!!

#4 BlackButterfly

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

My DH and I are going to have huge problems finding a name we both like. My DH hates every name out there! He says they are all either too boring or too weird.

Naming is such a big deal. I hate my name and my DH hates his, so it's putting a lot of pressure on us!

For girls the names I like are:

Taylor
Chelsea
Ivy

I also think girls names are much, much easier than boys names!

For boys I like:

Taylor (although I prefer it for a girl, it is a family name for a boy)
Parker
Felix

I think we're going to wait until the bub is born though to make the final decision.

#5 OrganisedChaos

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:03 PM

At the moment we have the girls names down to Bethany May and Emily May - subject to change of course :)

Boys names are way harder, we want something simple but nice, not too 'soft' and nothing that will get a silly nickname - which makes coming up with a boy's name quite hard!  Am looking forward to hearing everyone's names, might provide some inspiration.

#6 mummytomyboys

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:37 PM

My partner likes stupid names like v8 drivers lol .
I've got two names I like but scared to share lol .
My youngest is Jude I still love it

#7 123Babies4Me

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:42 AM

OrganisedChaos - love your girls name! Bethany May is very similar to my girls name Bethany Joy! Emily is a lovely name too.

MTMB - I love Jude as well. If my last was a boy (we chose not to find out at the 18 week scan, unlike with the first two) she would have been Jude. But she is Lydia. Jude may very well come back as an option this time. We tend to reevaluate names with every pregnancy, often we find in the time between pregnancies we might have gone off a name that we previously liked.

#8 Runner5

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

That's precisely our problem 123B4M - we are still keen on our girl name but our back up boy name I've gone off a bit.  DH is still pretty keen on it though.  Middle name will be his name so I need to think of potential back up boys names that go with it.

#9 heart-beat

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:26 PM

My OH rolled his eyes yesterday when i mentioned daydreaming about names... Bless.

#10 Guest_@MrsJ_*

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:37 AM

My DH refuses to talk names recently. But we are moving house and have another property for sale so we have other things going on for now.

Everything I like is 'hippie' according to him lol. I am a bit airy fairy, I like things like Harper, Fern, Alba, Flynn, etc. Whereas DH is much more traditional. The only thing we have ever agreed on in the past has been Emma Louise for a girl, but I worry its a little plain. No agreement for boys ever.

#11 Runner5

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:36 AM

Oh I LOVE Alba...our girl name is pretty well locked and loaded though...and I do love it.  Our son's names are one from DH's side and one from my side of the family and our girl name is the same and we are currently debating whether we go the same way if this little one is another boy - we already have boy middle name sorted.

I also LOVE Darragh but there's no way I can talk DH around on that one :/

#12 MummyBear3913

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

If we have a boy I want to use my late Father's name, Stephen, as his middle name. But I'm having trouble finding names that it flows with. I kind of like Connor Stephen but I'm just not sure.

For a girl we were thinking Charlotte Alice (that was before the princess was born). At the moment I also like Claire Evelyn. DH isn't keen on Evelyn.

Names are so hard. I wish babies just came with them... Like cabbage patch kids.

#13 123Babies4Me

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

But cabbage patch dolls have absolutely terrible names :-)

#14 MummyBear3913

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

Good point 123babies4me  :-)

#15 Runner5

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

Mmmmm I love Claire and Alice too....girl names are so lovely :)

#16 Sneff

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

If i have a girl will be Mackenzie Shay.
Boys names are too hard!! Lol

#17 mummytomyboys

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

My girl names are Molly and xanthe (hubby hates xanthe ) Lola & Alexa but I've got three boys so I think it will be a boy I've only got one boy name I like -Alfie x hubby hates it but too bad lol .

#18 MummyBear3913

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

I have just discovered the name Lyra and I absolutely love it! Do you think it is too different to DD name Abigail (Abby)?

#19 nicklou86

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

I like Lyra mummy beat!! But dh doesn't...I have felicity, Penelope (penny)
And boys are hard!! Dh wants Alexander but I'm not digging it atm.... Middle name for a boy will defs be John after a family member

#20 PinkPastell

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

DH & I already have names picked out for a boy and girl. Was super easy for us.

Nicklou86, we also have Penelope picked out for a girl.
And funnily enough, also John for a boys middle name, because of family members (Three of them in the family actually!)

#21 Runner5

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:44 PM

We've suddenly struck on George, it's our current front runner for a boy. Our son has a MASSIVE George Pig obsession though so not sure where that leaves us!!!

#22 Ethansmumma

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

We were talking about it today and are thinking:
Girl - Scarlett Anabelle or Scarlett Analise

Boy - Nate Joshua

They are different to what I'd picked years ago when we started TTC #2 but I like them :)

#23 WaitingForBabies

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

We only have middle names. Lynn for a girl as my mum and I both have Lynn as our middle name.  Trevor or John for a boys middle name after my late pop.

#24 123Babies4Me

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

DH and I had our first names discussion last night :-) At the moment I am liking Levi for a boy. I like Samuel as a boys' middle name, and Anna (DH's mum's name as a middle name) or perhaps Margaret (Mum's middle name). Middle names seem easier!!

#25 jayz~mel

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

We only have 1 we've discussed for a boy - Brandt James. For a girl we like Maya, Makena and Maisie, with the middle name Katerina (Kate for my Mum, Katherine and Rina for DP's Mum, Carina). We have Jayden Alistair and Jesse Joshua. I flat out REFUSE to have anymore bloody J names!! Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.