Morning sickness

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 mummytomyboys

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

So I don't actually feel sick yet & I've forgotten when ive felt sick with my others .. I'm scared I'll be sick at work and not be able to hide it :/ .

#2 OrganisedChaos

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

Me too, me too!  Thankfully I have my own office but I'll still need to walk run past a few people if I have to make a quick dash to the toilet.  I also have quite the drive to work so the car ride will be fun - not!

I've heard it can start right away but seems like it kicks in at around 6 weeks for most - joy!

Any other experiences with previous bubs, when did your morning sickness start?  How long did it last?  How bad was it?  What tips can you offer to make it more manageable?

Anyone suffering at the moment?

#3 mummytomyboys

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:23 PM

My dr gave me script for Maxalon just incase I've heard mints and crackers help but nothing helped last time .
When will you tell your work ?

#4 OrganisedChaos

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

Oh dear, that sounds ominous - I hope something helps this time or even better, I hope morning sickness stays away this time!

Not too sure about when to tell work, I think I want to wait until 12 weeks.  How about you?

#5 RTM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

Just dropping in from we are discussing (clearly to avoid packing boxes...) just to share what worked for me.

Mine kicked in officially at 6+1 (the day I had to drive early in the morning 2 hrs away for a gig - perfect timing!) I've heard 6 weeks is pretty common. Week 7 to 9 was by far the worst for me.

I got Maxalon because I was losing weight but it did nothing but make me sleep - be aware of this side effect if it does hit you at work! B6 worked for awhile (I broke the tablet into quarters and took some with each meal), and taking half a Restavit at night made me feel well enough in the morning to get some food in. Tiredness is the enemy - Restavit will help with this and makes sure you get a decent sleep. Nap when you can, it will help. Eat when you can, and keep your sugar levels up. Zofran was the only thing that got me through a couple of important gigs and staff meetings, but it's expensive, so I only used it when necessary.

Good luck and congrats ladies! :)

#6 OrganisedChaos

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

Thank you, RTM - that drive on the first day must have been, um, interesting.  I think the advice of nap when you can and eat when you can is pretty important and I will try and keep that in mind, although I imagine there will be times I won't even be able to think straight.

And wow, you're nearly 20 weeks already - that sure did go fast!!

#7 lozipop

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:51 PM

I vomited everyday from 8 weeks to 18 weeks with my first pregnancy. I used Blackmores ginger tablets to help.

#8 RTM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:11 PM

OC, I know, I can't believe I'm halfway! When I was in the depths of MS I thought I'd never get to that magical glow part, but right now I feel pretty awesome. Much bigger than I thought I'd be at this point, but I feel good at least!

#9 Guest_@MrsJ_*

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:28 AM

No real morning sickness yet, just moments of light nausea and gagging bow and again, like when I brush my teeth.

My boss had to know already due to past complications, I needed to tell her because this is affecting my duties.

I have been deathly tired though, even fell asleep in my lunch break yesterday!

#10 OrganisedChaos

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:32 AM

Lozipop - I have heard ginger is good so will make sure I stock up on all forms!  And wow, 8-18 weeks, I bet you were glad when you had that first day of no morning sickness.

RTM - glad to hear you came out the other side and feel awesome!  Feel free to pop in with your tips anytime.

MrsJ - oh oh, falling asleep during your lunch break!  Just goes to show that our bodies are very busy making sure our little one is snug in there.  I hear the tiredness gets worse, fingers crossed it doesn't get too much worse for you.

#11 Guest_@MrsJ_*

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

So the 'morning sickness' hit at 9pm last night when I was almost sick after a cup of tea. I love tea...i live off tea...why must it be tea? I've tried to persist with 2 more cups today but they've both made me feel quite sick. Brekky made me feel unwell too.

Went for a walk and that helped a little, but otherwise been nauseous almost all day.

Its a good sign though, makes me feel pregnant at least lol.

#12 Guest_@MrsJ_*

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

What is this fresh hell?!? Anyone else sick all the time?

#13 Runner5

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:51 AM

Nope, just tired and dizzy :(  

That said, I'm ever so glad not to be experiencing the nausea I had last time (so far!!!) but I feel SO more exhausted all the damn time.

Although, my husband pointed out to me last night that I got pregnant with #1 when I had a stress fractured foot bone from a half marathon and thus did no training in first 12 weeks and that's not the case this time around and maybe the only reason it feels so much worse is that I'm still trying to train.  Knowing that is not helping me cope with feeling like I have lost everything I've worked so hard for though :(

Hope the nausea passes quickly for everyone!!!  Burger rings were a life saver for me, if that helps :p  At times they were the only thing I could keep down!  That and cream cheese sandwiches.

#14 BlackButterfly

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:00 PM

No morning sickness yet. Just a bit funny about some foods and really tired. Normally I eat anything and everything, but now I'm being a bit picky.

I'm really hoping I can go through this without morning sickness!

#15 mummytomyboys

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

Sounds crazy but I'm still not getting morning sickness yet worried something is wrong .

#16 WaitingForBabies

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:58 AM

No morning sickness, more or less some nausea when I get hungry. I need to go to the shops and buy some dried fruit snacks for in between cases

#17 Poke

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:38 AM

I had an awesome attack of morning sickness yesterday. I was rushing home and as I turned into our street the 'chicken seller' was doing his business. Blood and guts everywhere and I stood in the street and vomited. I looked up and had an audience of approximately 40 men. Fun times

Edited by Poke, 09 July 2015 - 01:39 AM.

#18 Runner5

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

Oh Poke I'm sorry that happened to you, but I must admit to just a tiny giggle - that's doing morning sickness in style!  

I hope you feel better today!

#19 OrganisedChaos

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

Ditto what Runner5 said! :)

#20 mummytomyboys

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

I've got a bad cold at the moment (the perks of working in child care ) and woke up sick as a dog not sure if it's baby or cold .

#21 BlackButterfly

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

So after feeling queezy for a couple of weeks now I had my first official spew this morning. It was very hard to slowly sneak away from my desk at work and not draw attention to myself while I was panicking I was going to spew everywhere! I made it to the toilet though.

How's everyone else going with morning sickness?

#22 PinkPastell

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

Oh blackbutterfly, I hope you can keep it under wraps for as long as you plan to. This is what's going to worry me if I get full blown MS as I need to run up two flights of stairs to get to the bathrooms at work. Also I work in retail, so no sneaky disappearances can be made. Good luck!

AFM, I've not had any Nausea since Saturday. Which is good, but I kind of liked getting the nausea purely because it ment everything was ok and It was a sign I'm still pregnant. Although I'm feeling great atm, it does nothing to stop me stressing. Haha.

Edited by PinkPastell, 13 July 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#23 mummytomyboys

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Oh god and so it begins !! How will I be at work like this 😭

#24 jayz~mel

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

My morning after a very crap nights sleep - Wake up, cough, start dry reaching. Have just enough time to put my slippers on to save my feet from the cold tiles in the toilet... I'm kind of hoping it was a 1 off, but in saying that, I lost 10kgs from morning sickness with DS2, so it wouldn't be entirely in vain lol.

#25 BlendedMum

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

6w 4d and nauseous on and off all day and night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.