Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 cbmum

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

GOLD!

The two littlies born yesterday are Jaxon and Harrison. Cute and early!! All getting very real isn't it. So exciting.

AFM had a chiro appointment which is nice as I can walk again. Ob appointment today as well. He seems to think bubs is big, breach and not going anywhere soon. My ferritin was 1, 5 weeks ago but he doesn't feel the need to recheck that. I'm trying not to worry unnecessarily but wondering how my body will handle any bleeding that might happen?? Anyway, trying to keep the faith that my ob will do what is necessary and not let me get all control freaky :omg:

#3 Akadia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

Cbmum: nice names for the little ones - great to see some bubs born.

Try not to stress too much about bubs. I'm sure your OB will do what needs to be done to ensure you are both safe. Hope you are getting lots of rest.

AFM: 2nd day at home - so weird - getting lots done though :)

I had a dream last night / imagined my water broke (felt a pop) but checked and no leak LOL. This is the second time I imagined stuff happening. First time it was braxton...

#4 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Long time since I checked in here, sorry!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy...more or less. I've got my little munchkin sleeping like a froggy on my chest, we're waiting for DH to get back so we can try go for a walk in the fresh air.

My mum took yesterday and today off work to come 'help' and meet the baby but she's been here for maybe 20min tops. All she does us come over, drop stuff off but at the same time complain that there is 'stuff all over our house', take photos of baby and then leave. Grrrrrr!

DH's mum has been over on the other two days and is an absolute angel. She holds him while I get my jobs done, she's put in hard yards helping DH to paint and strip flooring in the nursery....then again she's been a grandma 7 times already. This is my mums first. I wonder if there's anything I can do to help the situation...

#5 twilightangel

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Haven't been here in a while. Sadly the new house has no phone line and Telstra haven't installed the infrastructure for it yet so we could be waiting up to 6 months to get internet. Posting this from my phone so forgive the lack of personals.

Congrats KoalaTeeTime on the arrival of your little one. How old is he?

How exciting that babies are starting to arrive :)

One of my kids teachers mentioned this morning that my belly has dropped. I'm starting to wonder if I will make the date booked for my induction or not. Have an appt with the midwives tomorrow so will see what they say.

Struggling to get comfortable and sleep at nights now so find myself really tired through the days. Luckily I only have DS3 at home so I have been trying to nap when he goes down for a sleep.

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to hearing more announcements of our little ones arriving :)

#6 Zebidee

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

37 weeks today! I can officially birth at my hospital now (they won't take you before 37 weeks).

I had the most amazing bum massage from the physio today, my right  bum cheek feels so much better! Unfortunately it's through the hospital so only every two weeks. I wish could afford a private physio and get it done more often but I've decided to spend all my money on the chiro instead. I'm not sure if I'd be better off with physio.  

The other thing I should have done ages ago is swimming! We stayed in a hotel Saturday night and I woke up almost crying in pain because while the bed was comfy it wasn't MY bed and pillows. I could barely move so hubby suggested a swim in the pool. It was heavenly. So I'm off for a swim this afternoon. May as well make use of the gym membership that hasn't been touched in over 12 months!

#7 Zebidee

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

PS Just realised all my woolies petrol vouchers now expire after my due date! Which I know is only three weeks away but little doses of reality like that freak me out!

#8 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Mmmm swimming and massage- that sounds heavenly, Zebidee!

Little Baby H is a week old tomorrow night :-) I really need to change my ticker.

I love this rain and grateful that the garden is getting a good drink but we're itching to take him out for a walk in his pram...ahh there will be plenty of time for that coming up soon I bet.

#9 little_bug

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

Oh wow September babies already! Congratulations ladies. I joined this group early this year but was more involved with the Facebook group. Our baby unfortunately had significant health problems and we made the difficult decision to end the pregnancy at nearly 19 weeks.  I'm now pregnant again and due mid April.  Very early days but hoping for a happy outcome this time. Best of luck to you all xx

#10 berrysparkles

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

I haven't posted in here in a million years (so it feels like).

Just had to pop in and say hi to you little_bug, and a huge congratulations to you on the pregnancy! It was very sad when you had to leave our group but I haven't stopped thinking about you and wondering how you were.

Hi to everyone else on here, hope you are all going well with the last stages of your pregnancy :)

#11 Wanting#3

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

So sorry about your loss little_bug but so happy you are pregnant again. Good luck with everything.

it's all happening, a few babies have been born and a few are I think coming in th next few days.

Not long to go for everyone else!

#12 Possum88

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hi ladies, it is very quiet in here but very busy on the facebook group.

I also had to jump on and say congratulations to little-bug. I've thought of you often. I cant imagine what you went through. Good luck and wishing you all the very best for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

36 weeks now and only 3 days left of work. I have mixed feelings although im so tired and cant wait to get the house sorted but im sad as ive always worked and love my job.

Really looking forward to seeing my wonderful DP hold his baby. I think that's what im excited about the most. he tries to be so involved and I know he will be a great dad.

zebidee I go to the physio often (once a week) and its heaven. if I miss an appointment sleeping is so much harder.

Twilight I hope your settling into your new home nicely.

Were almost there ladies. I can wait to see more little ones :)

Edited by Possum88, 20 August 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#13 Fairey

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

I've had nothing to do with the FB group so didn't know what happened little_bug. But I wanted to day that I'm so happy you're pregnant again following what would have no doubt been a horrible ordeal.
Biggest hugs and congratulations to you x

#14 twilightangel

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'm another that isn't apart of the FB group. Little bug I am so sorry to hear about what you went through. Wishing you a smooth and relaxing pregnancy this time. All the best xx

Yes we have settled in to our new home. I'm pleased we decided to pack and move before sprout arrived.

Having a relaxing day today as yesterday was rather busy and stressful. Was quietly sitting at the hospital waiting for my very late antenatal appt when the kids school rang notifying me that my eldest was having an asthma attack that they couldn't get under control. Thankfully the ambulance was nice enough to bring him to the hospital I was already at and my son was well enough to be discharged a few hours later.

Has anyone been having strong regular Braxton Hicks? I've had them a few times where they will be anywhere between 3 and 7 minutes apart, last for about 45 minutes and then stop.

#15 elemeno

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

Lovely little bug!

Edited by elemeno, 24 August 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#16 little_bug

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

Thank you so much for the well wishes.  I am getting a bit sad as my original due date approaches but it does help immensely to look forward to next year and the birth of my next baby. I just wish I could speed up time so I can have the tests to ensure bubs is ok. This pregnancy feels different though, last time I just had that constant feeling that something wasn't right. Trying to think positive and enjoy every moment!

#17 Musefan2010

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

I'm so happy to hear your news little bug!
I've thought of you often since you left the FB group, and I'm so glad to hear that you're expecting.
I hope everything goes nice and smoothly for you :-)

AFM: bit bored at home, but that's what I get for finishing work early. It was the right decision due to my health, but I'm seriously running out of things to do! Trying to just enjoy the time to read books and watch movies with no interruptions. 36 weeks tomorrow, and getting very excited!!!!

#18 Akadia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

Apologies for the lack of personals on my phone.

Congratulations to Koala I must have missed your post. Hope everything is going well.  Your mum may not know what to do and think she's being practical especially with a first grandchild. Its lovely though that DHs mum is being really helpful. Must be wonderful having her there.

That's wonderful news little bug. Wishing you all the best for a smooth pregnancy.

AFM - we have a little baby boy!! Baby Brandon was born on 22 August and he is just perfect weighing in at 2.955kg 3 weeks early. DH was amazing during labor and has been the ever doting daddy and husband after. Brandon is still attempting to latch and has some jaundice as a result of needing vacuum during delivery. So excited he's here and was really happy with the birth so overall very good experience :) will post a birth story when I get home in a few days

#19 Wanting#3

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Big congrats on your little boy Akadia. Glad ur little boy is doing well.

#20 Iliketoflounce

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Congrats Akadia on Brandon can't wait to hear the birth story

#21 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Congrats, Akadia!! Welcome Baby Brandon :-) these little boys like being early, don't they! I was neglectful and didn't make a post when Baby H was born....I really should write down the birth story somewhere before I forget. PPROM at 36 weeks but an overall positive experience....we were very fortunate. Dates were most definitely out though (in our favour) because he didn't need any intervention and we went home 2 days later.

Little bug I've often thought of you and how you were doing- that's fantastic news about your upcoming baby, thank you for coming back to update us xxx

#22 heatherdv

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Little-bug that is really lovely news.  Congratulations and all the best wishes for a boring boring pregnancy.  My cousin lost a bub at 10 weeks right after I conceived & just recently announced she is due in March.    Both these bits of news make me so happy :))

Congrats Akadia on the birth of baby Brandon.  Good work mummy!

KTT, your mum post cracked me up.  My mum is so completely lazy & unhelpful, she is literally the last person I would want around with a newborn.  My MIL on the other hand used to work as a NICU midwife so she is a treasure.  And my sister is awesome & hands on too, so they have both been invited to come & stay.  Mum is welcome to come & cuddle bub while I have a shower lol.  

AFM, I'm 35+5 so expecting some action in a couple of weeks.  Feeling under the weather & sleeping terribly and starting to get a little bit anxious about my upcoming vbac attempt.  But I guess this is all normal 3rd trimester stuff, right?

Hope everyone is doing well & excited to meet their little ones.  September is only a heartbeat away!!

#23 Fairey

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Congratulations, Akadia!! And welcome to the world baby Brandon!!

Congratulations also to elemano - I'm sure I read recently that you're a mummy to a baby boy 💙

I've finally packed my bag and washed the baby clothes - kidlet can definitely come out now!

#24 Perpetual Sound

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Hi all - its been a while as I didnt have proper internet while in Port Douglas (only when I could steal DPs iphone) but after a long month (it was only supposed to be two weeks), we're finally home today!

A huge congratulations to both Akida and Little Bug!!! I'm so pleased you had a good birth experience Akida, and I hope you and Brandon are both doing well.

Little bug - I too have thought of you often and I am so very happy to hear your news of another little one on the way. I hope you're feeling ok about how things are progressing and you're able to relax even just a little bit. After such a loss, I could imagine that the stress levels would run pretty high during another pregnancy.

AFM - still chugging along. I have booked myself in for a 1.5hr full body massage and reflexology using Clary Sage oil for the day that I hit 37 weeks. I'm also only drinking raspberry leaf tea now which has actually been a nice change as it doesnt give me heartburn like the black teas w/ milk do :)

Mostly, I just cant wait to sleep in my own bed tonight :D

#25 twilightangel

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

Had a sizing scan done today. Sprout is measuring 6lb 1oz (2.7kg). She is a bit smaller than my last two who measured 8lb 1oz and 8lb 3oz. Sprout is also head down and very low apparently. The sonographer didn't allow me to see the screen :(

Sorry for lack of personals. On phone.

Congrats to those who have recently welcomed there little bundles of joy though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.