Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Marigo1d

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

Good luck mrskay!

My induction was not very straight forward but I will tell the full story when I have woken up. It's been a long week.

Cora Anne was born via emergency csection at 2:38 today. The little bugger did absolutely everything she could to stay inside.

But now she is out and she is adorable. 3.77kg, 55cm long and went for the breast like she'd spent the last 9 months practicing

#3 lizzybirdsworth

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

Congratulations marigo1d on little Coras arrival!

#4 Rapscallion Cat

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

Congratulations Marigo1d!!

Best of luck today Mrsk.  I was hoping they would try some other induction methods for you instead of the gel :(.  

Inductions only work when the body is already getting ready for labour.  They are useless on a body which isn't.... and it sounds like yours just isn't ready.  Big cyber hugs and hope you get some relief today

#5 Our_turn_please

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

Oh mrs Kay - surely today has to be ur day!! All the best xo.   Can't wait to hear ur bubby news :)

#6 lizzybirdsworth

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Any babies?

#7 Joeyanne33

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Congratulations marigo1d on baby Cora!!

Waiting for more baby news :)

#8 Joeyanne33

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Thorin- you are right about that! I was induced a few times with my first and nothing. Ended up having a c section. My body just wouldn't do anything to prepare or go into labour no matter what they did, gel, drip and what I know believe to be membrane sweeps as well...having been young at the time (23) I really had no idea what was going on...

Edited by Joeyanne33, 15 August 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#9 lonestranger

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Henry Robert arrived yesterday :) he is lovely, having some blood sugar issues, but apart from that all is well!

Congrats Marigo1d on the birth of Cora!

Thinking of you mrskay, hope you getto meet your little one soon!

Edited by lonestranger, 15 August 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#10 mummymarvin

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Congrats lonestranger and Marigo1d on the arrival of your little ones.

Mrskay, can't imagine the stress ls you've been under, but I'd probably expect to feel pretty shell shocked afterwards. Either that or have a massive release of emotion! Be kind to yourself. Hoping to hear your news soon.

Milk came in today. Nips aren't too torn up but every latch still takes my breath away. My little guy only really wants to sleep on my chest which is a bit tiring!

#11 lizzybirdsworth

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:35 AM

Congratulations Lonestranger. I LOVE the name Henry!  I really wanted it for ds3 but dh didn't like it because with our last name its a famous poet.
Mummymarvin Yay for the milk coming in. It still takes my breath away the first few sucks but after that is fine.

Cooper has started to smile. Its so cute. Even if he is doing it for an hr after a middle of the night feed!

#12 mrskay

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

Congratulations marigold and Lonestranger on the births of Cora and Henry!!

Induction didn't work, and a casesarian was scheduled for Friday morning. My waters spontaneously broke at 10pm Thursday night, so I spent all Thursday night labouring.

By 9 am Friday I was only 2 cm dilated. The baby's heartbeat trace was good but was showing early signs of distress. Went down for the c section anyway, and had baby Manon just after 11am. :)

She was slightly transverse and had been trying to fit into my pelvis on a funny angle so had a cone shape on one side of her little head. It has gone away now.

She weighed 8lb 10oz, 51.5 cm long. Born on her due date!! Feeding well, settles well so far.

I found the c section traumatic. I found it hurt.. Not as in feeling the cutting, but it was rough. :(

I am snuggling with my beautiful baby girl now and she is worth it :)

Edited by mrskay, 16 August 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#13 lizzybirdsworth

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Wow you had one massive rollercoaster ride to get your beautiful baby. Enjoy your cuddles. See if you can debrief with a midwife who was there if you feel stressed or upset about it all.

#14 Me & 5!

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Congrats mrs Kay, so excited your little miss is finally here!

Baby snuggles make everything better :)

Luca is 2 weeks old 2morrow and is a dream baby, he fits in with the craziness if our house perfectly and is so easy going, I'm so smitten :)

Hope all the new mummies are enjoying baby snuggles and those waiting for babies don't have too much longer to wait :)

#15 Joeyanne33

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Congratulations Lonestranger on baby Henry!

Mrskay she finally arrived! Congratulations !!

#16 sugarcat

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Wow! So much baby news! Congrats to Our_turn, Mummymarvin, Jantastic, Lisajane , Marigo1d and Lonestranger on the arrival of your little ones!

And well done Mrskay! Also second Lizzybirdsworth to see if you can have a catch up with one of the midwives and talk through your experience.  Mega impressed that you are up to posting after the roller coaster rode you have had to get here.

As for us, bub settling in well but weight gain has yet to start.  As he was a little premmie, feeding tires him out and he fades on the bottle.  Weigh in on Thurs showed loss of 18 grams. Have increased number of feeds per day and another weigh in tomorrow.

#17 aussieaussie

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yesterday proved quite busy! Our little one arrived 8 days early! A little girl. Congrats to all the other ladies who had bubbas in the last few days
X

#18 aussieaussie

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Yesterday proved quite busy! Our little one arrived 8 days early! A little girl. Congrats to all the other ladies who had bubbas in the last few days
X

#19 Joeyanne33

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

Congrats aussieaussie!

For those who have had c sections previously or now, are you wearing compression stockings? How long have you been told to wear them for / previously worn them?
They say once your mobile it's ok to take off but I'm resting today so I put them back on.. Just not sure

#20 Joeyanne33

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Congrats aussieaussie!

For those who have had c sections previously or now, are you wearing compression stockings? How long have you been told to wear them for / previously worn them?
They say once your mobile it's ok to take off but I'm resting today so I put them back on.. Just not sure

#21 PeaSoup

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Congratulations to everyone on the arrival of their little ones!

An overdue update..

Xavier was born on 8th August at 38 weeks via planned caesarean.

OB (and us) decided that a CS was absolutely the safest route out for Xavier and me, considering what we had to go through to get him.  Although the decision was only made on the 5th so it was a stressful few days.

Xavier weighed 3.05kg, 49 cm long and has a very healthy set of lungs.  

Feeling so happy and blessed.

#22 Joeyanne33

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

Congrats pea soup!!!

my dd was meant to be an 8th August baby but was moved forward to the 5th :)

#23 PeaSoup

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Joeyann33

I was told to wear the compression stockings for the whole time in hospital, so I did.

I'm actually still wearing them at home a little bit because I'm not doing much physical activity, as per my post-surgical instructions.

#24 Joeyanne33

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Pea soup so by a little bit what do you mean? Like sleep time, resting on the couch for a while? I have been up and around since being home so haven't been wearing them. But today I'm resting quite a bit so I did put them on. I wasn't sure about the whole taking them on and off...

#25 Marigo1d

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

Joeyanne33 I was told to wear them for 6 weeks except when in the shower! I do have a family history of clotting problems but the midwife didn't know this when she told me how long to wear them.

Cora is doing wonderfully but is still struggling a bit with breast feeding. I have quite large nipples and I think she struggles to fit any more than just that in her mouth. I didn't realise at first and couldn't figure out why she was so unhappy when I'd just fed her. She hadn't really gotten any food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.