Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#101 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

I liked the hospital tour we did, was the best part of the class I think. But our hospital only has regular tubs not the big huge ones, but we can use them for the actual birthing if we want. Just don't know how comfortable it would be.

The pictures on the wall were really revolting to me, so I said quietly to DH that I'll be bringing a scarf or something to throw over them so I don't have to stare at them the whole time otherwise I'll go crazy :-P

#102 Akadia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Princess: that's great to hear bubs is growing well

Koala: I can imagine the information is all contradictory...one of the reasons we're not going to classes - will be watching the DVDs though which I think is better as it's at your own pace and you can come back to stuff if you need to revisit. Hospital tour is separate and twice a month so we'll see if we can fit one in in August

Fairey: Thankfully not as sore this last few days - weekend definitely makes a difference. I haven't even started packing a bag. Have a few onesies, some undies and stuff but nothing packed yet.

Iliketoflounce: Good to hear the babies are doing well :)

Possum: Bub's name is Brandon - we settled on it about a month ago. Its nice to call him by name. It must be so tiring for you.

You need to look at a nap as part of your job cause if you don't you'll just keep wearing yourself out - I find working full time with a reno etc and getting up at 6am, working 8am to 5:30pm every day, plus public transport etc..really tiring. Need the nap to reset the cycle - plus I think I'd have even worse fluid - by the end of the weekend its all drained away so the naps really help

Hope you had a lovely baby shower. I really enjoyed mine - seeing poeple from interstate that I haven't seen for a long time was a highlight! Lots of lovely gifts for Brandon too - I have onesies ranging from 00000 to 00 which is great as I don't know how quickly he'll grow!

Zebidee: hope you feel better soon, its good you're relaxing and taking it easy. Lots of sick people at work at the moment - I wish they'd stay away from me!

Gracie: I have a very hiccupy baby (i.e. at least 6 times a day), in fact as I'm writing this he's hiccuping LOL. I know he's still engaged by where the hiccups are coming from! Its very cute!

Elemeno: really hope you get that bath - I want a family suite so DH can stay over or just relax on the bed with me - they only have 3 of those but because of the recent reno all other rooms are single now so at leas we know we'll have our own room!

AFM: went to midwife appointment on the weekend. Only took about 15 mins whereby she asked me a few questions, checked my blood type and answered some questions DH & I had. I said I didn't have a birth plan and she looked relieved LOL

Picked up a few more things for bub on the weekend (a cot I got floor stock for $150 off which was great) and a mesh bassinet. Will need to go back to pick up the swing and the glide chair

2 weeks of work left for me which is both exciting and giving me a lot of anxiety. With the cost of the renos, going down to 1 income and paying tax all at the same time, its really not making me feel relaxed!! The baby part seems to be the least of my concerns at the moment!  I need to work out a way of coping with this better...

#103 gracie1978

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

Three days of work next week for me and that's it.
Can't come soon enough, the OB suggested that I should have finished by now... maybe I should have asked her for a fee discount :p

Bubs has had a growth spurt, have been on track for every fundal measurement and today, have jumped two weeks (so four weeks growth in the last two weeks), no wonder I'm feeling sore and heavy!

How is everyone sleeping?  I keep waking up to roll to the other side, if one more person tells me crappy sleep in the last few weeks of pregnancy is ' good training ' I'm going to thump them.

#104 Akadia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

View Postgracie1978, on 07 August 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

How is everyone sleeping?  I keep waking up to roll to the other side, if one more person tells me crappy sleep in the last few weeks of pregnancy is ' good training ' I'm going to thump them.

DH has said that to me :dry: but its mostly cause we have puppies that wake us up and last night one puked twice from overeating - I caught it in my hands LOL

I'm getting very tired and heavy but only 6 days of work left for me. Thinking I might go home a little early today...just can't keep my eyes open!

#105 Zebidee

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

Last day of work is done and dusted! They threw me a surprise afternoon tea and gave me a box of pressies which was nice. So glad to be done but feeling a bit weird about it at the same time. I can't explain it but I guess anyone who works would kind of understand how work is a part of you.

I'm actually sleeping surprisingly well most of the time. I only have to get up once to wee during the night and my hips aren't TOO sore yet. Rolling over is a circus but I only wake up once or twice to move. I had a bout of bad insomnia for ages a few months ago but I seem to have gotten over that thank goodness. I have a feeling that my sleep well get worse soon though.

#106 Akadia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Zebidee: completely understand - I've never had such a long time off work ever - and the people I work with are lovely. That's so nice your work threw you a surprise afternoon tea :)

AFM: got a cabinet a couple of weeks ago delivered and there are multiple issues with it - now they are saying that we caused the issues - I'm sooo angry - gave them a piece of my mind over the phone and wrote a carefully crafted email. I also found them on Facebook so if they don't agree to replace the cabinet, I will also mention them there - very bad customer service!! The thing is the cabinet is lovely and I probably would have bought more furniture from them in the future if they had of been nice about it but based on the service I've received, I'm never buying anything from them again!

#107 Princesspeachzz

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

gracie - I'm totally in agreement over throttling the " it's good practice" crap that people try to spin over my lack of sleep! bah!

I have three weeks worth of work left and the end cannot come soon enough! No matter how many times I get up and walk about the office, sitting in a chair all day is doing me in. Don't know how others who work on their feet do it! Just wish that there is somewhere I could lie down flat for a bit. Am seriously considering just laying on the carpet in an empty office during my lunch break.

#108 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

Ah that sucks about the cabinet, Akadia. Don't businesses care about their reputation or customer service anymore? :-(

Princess I'm with you on wanting to just lie down at work. Feel like doing a George Costanza and making a little bed under my desk. Monday is my last day though so I just have to push on a little longer.

DH picked up the cot last night...but the room isn't painted and ready yet so it's still sitting in its box in the hallway! And I think baby has rolled from being anterior to being posterior. Boo :( time to bounce on my yoga ball more and do more cat/cow pose to help it swivel around again. Aquanatal has been really lovely though. I think when I get bigger I'll stick around at the pool after class and do some slow laps just to let my belly hang in the low-gravity since it feels so good.

#109 redflower_7

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

Hi everyone :) im new to this group! Just wondering if I could please join the facebook group? I have private msgd iliketoflounce :)

#110 Akadia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Princess: I know what you mean about sitting in a chair all week - I was originally going to try and work til the end of August, but now after Tuesday, sitting in a chair is killing me. I had to take panadol last Friday and I haven't had much of that the whole pregnancy! I was thinking about setting up a forte under my desk for a nap :)

Koala: Yeah - it was terrible service. they tried to imply that we caused the 'damage' to the cabinet but they are going to send out someone next week wtih a new drawer thank goodness! My DH thinks there is no point fighting with them about it as long as they replace the drawer.

Shame you can't put the cot together yet - we were going to on the weekend even though we have dots all over the wall in the nursery where they have to fix up the paint but I was just too tired... we'll do it next weekend hopefully.

Hopefully your bub will turn around again soon!

Redflower: Welcome!

AFM: my good friend has gone into labour this morning - so excited - can't wait for the good news!!! Last time she had a very quick labour so hopefully she wont be too long this time!

Last week of work - YAY!

Edited: spelling

Edited by Akadia, 11 August 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#111 Iliketoflounce

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Babies are being born in the FB group at the moment 2 little boys were born yesterday and we may have another baby any day now

How is everyone going we are getting very close now

#112 Akadia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

That's exciting Iliketoflounce! Names? :)

#113 ~A2~

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

Thread closed

Just a reminder that FB contact details are at the top of the section.  FB does not need to be mentioned in this thread as it is the EB group.

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.