Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

#26 Perpetual Sound

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

:( Sorry Twilight :(

#27 twilightangel

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

**Anna** Thank you so much for the offer. It's lovely and I would happily accept but sadly I'm in Brisbane.

#28 Perpetual Sound

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Twilight - where in Brissy and when? I'm just putting the call out for helpers on the facebook EB DIG. I have ladies asking for details :)

#29 AsagiHunt

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

Twilight when and where is your app? I am free and can come to give you the moral support if you are happy to have me!!! As I don't drive and mainly depend on bus and have a school age boy who i had to pick up in the avro. So I will need to know when n where to see if it will fit with the free time that I have available!! I am happy to go and give you whatever support you need! Please contact me back soon

#30 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

My appt is at Redcliffe hospital at 11.30am.

Thank you so much girls. The fact you would support me through this is lovely but please don't put too much pressure on yourselves either.

I still have my fingers crossed my mum might make it. She's hoping to get her work done as quick as possible but I won't know until 10.30am if she'll make it or not.

#31 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:01 AM

I'm hoping my previously mentioned friend will still watch Keilan for me as she is having her morphology scan at the same hospital an hour before me. If she doesn't then they will cancel my scan as apparently they never allow children in which I think makes life really hard and is a bit silly.

I just don't want any of you lovely ladies putting yourselves out for me. I appreciate the offer so much but feel silly too for saying I don't want to be alone. I really should learn to stand up for myself.

#32 Perpetual Sound

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

Dont feel silly - I think we'd all feel the same - especially given how much you've already been through with this pregnancy.

I'll contact Asagi. To let her know you've responded on here. I think Asagi's only concern was that the appointment might be in the afternoon and she has to pick up her son from school, but she is more than happy to meet you if you do want the support.

But really, we're all very happy to help where we can.

Edited by Perpetual Sound, 22 May 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#33 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

Yeah I completely understand the school run. It's stressful working around that.

I'm just scared mum will make it at the last minute and then I've wasted her time which I don't want to do.

#34 deejie

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

I hope it all works out well for you today, twilightangel. Pop back in later and let us know how it goes, we'll be thinking of you.

#35 Perpetual Sound

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

Fair enough :)

I hope it all goes well for you.

This might sound silly and a bit airyfairy but whenever I'm nervous about a situation where I feel like I have had my personal power taken away - before I have to do the confrontation - I imagine there's a fountain of chocolate coming down over my head and surrounding my body to form an Easter Egg around me... like a big protective shell.

Its sounds ridiculous, I know... but it works for me... just a little bit of personal strength and I guess it helps me to feel like I'm taking back and protecting that bit of lost power.

#36 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

Thank you Deejie

Thanks Perpectual_sound too. No it makes complete sense to me. The same as I feel stronger and more confident etc when I'm dressed up so I've done my hair and make up more dressy today then my usual casual Monday to Friday look.

Hubby also suggested I've learnt to block the kids out when they are just fighting etc so to just concentrate on watching baby and block her out.

Again thank you so much for the support. You girls are amazing.

Asagi - A huge thank you for your offer but as I said above I would hate for you to travel all that distance especially if you aren't close and for my mum to walk in at the last minute. I'd feel like I wasted your time. I would love to meet you in the future for a coffee though :-)

Will update after my scan.

#37 Akadia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Oh Twilight sorry to hear - really have my fingers crossed that your mum will make it. If I was in Brissy I'd definitely come.

#38 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Silly double post.

Well friend who was supposed to be watching Keilan during my scan has canceled as she booked an appt last night which is at the time I need her. Oh well :(

Edited by twilightangel, 22 May 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#39 Musefan2010

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

Hi TwilightAngel.

I don't generally comment on here, but I'm usually in the background stalking :ninja:
I've found it hard to keep up with the FB group as well as here, so I've been very quiet of late.

But I've been following your story, and I just wanted to say a big good luck for today.
I've had my own issues with a terrible obstetrician during this pregnancy, and it took a lot of effort (and pushing from the lovely ladies in the FB DIG group) to make a stand and find a better doctor.
It's so frustrating that you can only see that one Dr today, but hopefully that will be it, and you can then continue on to find a much more professional Dr.

I'm in Brisbane, but unfortunately I'm stuck at work, or I'd be right there with you :smile:

Like you said - ignore any hurtful comments that the Dr makes and just focus on your beautiful baby.

I have an huge amount of respect for you (6 children!!! - you are a hero!), and I think you have already shown what a resilient person you are.

Good luck - and we're always here for a vent when you get home after the appointment. Us Brissy girls can gang up and put the hurt on the Dr if she's nasty again....!

#40 Perpetual Sound

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

View Posttwilightangel, on 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Silly double post.

Well friend who was supposed to be watching Keilan during my scan has canceled as she booked an appt last night which is at the time I need her. Oh well Posted Image

Does that mean the Keilan has to go with you? :dry: A bit last minute and a bit harsh... but - he might keep the Drs mouth shut.

#41 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

Yes Keilan has to go with me. My big worry with that is the letter they sent me says no kids permitted in room.

Mum just rang. She will be there :D yay !!!!!!!!

#42 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

And even better news, she just rang back and dad is leaving work to meet us there and watch keilan :) I'm feeling so much more relieved now.

Thank you and will update when I get home :)

#43 Wanting#3

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Great news twilight, what a stressful morning you have had..enjoy the scan and seeing ur little baby :-)

#44 Fairey

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

I've only just caught up on the last few pages.

Good luck today, Twilight. Hope that nasty doctor keeps her trap shut.

Perpectual - I'm sorry to hear that you've been told to stop work and uni. That sucks (or does it?!).

A big belated welcome to Anna!

AFM - scan wasn't quite 100% a fortnight ago. Bubs has a prominent aortic root - the scan report said that another scan may be wanted later in the pregnancy, but the Dr (who was fantastic) said that because it's written in the report, let's just do it now to rule out anything (or confirm something).
So scan again tomorrow down in Radelaide. Fingers crossed bubs' ticker is 100% perfect!!

#45 Perpetual Sound

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Oooo Fairy - hopefully nothing to worry about... enjoy seeing your little one again! :)

I am coming to terms with being at home now - though I still have assignments due for this semester so I'm not entirely laid up yet. Its frustrating more than anything because it will set me back a whole year. O well - bub is more important than that.

Twilight - looking forward to hearing your update - hopefully your mum gets her mummabear grr on and the Dr wouldnt dare say anything ;)

#46 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Fairey - I have my fingers crossed for you that everything is good with your baby. I'm sorry that your going through this stress too.

As for me, nasty doctor wasn't there. She was off sick :) The sonographer who saw me was lovely. She told me baby looked perfectly normal and her head is within proportion to her body. Her head circumference measured 22w5d. She said baby would likely be small and petite but healthy :)

Mum was thrilled to be able to see baby as it's been years since she has seen a scan done and then we went out to lunch after to celebrate the good news. I am so relieved.

Again the support for you lovely ladies has been amazing. I can't thank you enough.

#47 cbmum

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

Twilight! So sorry to hear about your awful doctor experience :angry: That totally sucks and is beyond negligent. High five for ma and pa who've pulled through at the last minute. Let us know how it all goes. It looks like you have lots of people sending positive vibes out to you today.  :bighug:

#48 twilightangel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

Thank you cbmum. I must have posted at the same time as you. All is well with my little girl. The sonographer said she sees no signs of microcephaly or reasons to be concerned. Healthy little girl on board :D

#49 Perpetual Sound

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

yaye!!!! great news all round :D

and how lovely to be able to share your little girl with your mum for a bit :)

#50 Musefan2010

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

View Posttwilightangel, on 22 May 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Fairey - I have my fingers crossed for you that everything is good with your baby. I'm sorry that your going through this stress too.

As for me, nasty doctor wasn't there. She was off sick Posted Image The sonographer who saw me was lovely. She told me baby looked perfectly normal and her head is within proportion to her body. Her head circumference measured 22w5d. She said baby would likely be small and petite but healthy Posted Image

Mum was thrilled to be able to see baby as it's been years since she has seen a scan done and then we went out to lunch after to celebrate the good news. I am so relieved.

Again the support for you lovely ladies has been amazing. I can't thank you enough.

Yay! That sounds great.
We must have all collectively willed her to get sick....
Who had the voodoo doll??

Glad it's all gone ok, and that your parents were able to help out in the end.

Hopefully now the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.