#2 twilightangel

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

Gold :D

#3 Perpetual Sound

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

Silver :)

#4 Akadia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hey girls hope you had a great weekend! Ended up being quite relaxing for me.

Twilight good to hear everything is settling down for you. hope you are starting to feel well again.

Anyone started to get comments from strangers? So far most comments have been quite nice - i.e. you look lovely, etc. One last night was funny - I was at a theatre and had to get up to go to the bathroom a few times and a lady asked me if I was going into labour :omg: I didn't know what to say so just said 'I hope not I'm only half way!'. I knew I was big bellied for my gestation but didn't realise I looked 8 months pregnant!! I have to say though my friend 5 weeks ahead of me looks about 2 months less pregnant!

Starting to notice my size now as far as movement - hard to bend down, back is starting to hurt and my belly can get sore if I do too much so it looks like I need to start slowing down a little.

How is everyone else feeling?

#5 Wanting#3

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hi ladies, been a while since I posted.

Glad you are feeling better twilight, must of been a scary couple of days.

Hope everyone else is good!

I am still a bit paranoid and if baby doesn't move for a while I give him a nudge and a belly rub lol! Seems to work as he kicks me back, obviously for waking him up lol!!!

DS and myself have been sick with a cold for the last week or so now, it just won't go away!

Baby is kicking heaps and dp has felt it a couple of times.

Belly is getting bigger, I think I really popped out last week, although I've only put on around 3kgs, which surprised me!

Have an appointment with the endocrinologist today, regarding my thyroid issues. Hoping all is fine and am on the right medication.

DS can't wait to be a big brother, he's keeps wanting to see my belly and  look in my belly button! So cute !

#6 Princesspeachzz

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

OH boy, looks like I missed so much over the past few days!

Twilight & PerpectualSound, OMG!!! Cannot comprehend how you both must be feeling! Twilight, glad your bleeding has nearly subsided.

PS, Hope you're doing feeling better, time to focus on your new career for the next few months as lady of leisure. My colleague is convinced I'm having a boy and spent the morning going on about how DH will love to have a son etc. Didn't have the heart to tell him that we're having a girl. (Colleagues don't know what I'm having yet)

Anna, Hope you're getting over your cold! I had the same week before last and it hit me so hard. Good opportunity to lull about a bit on the couch.

Iliketoflounce, could you please send me the FB details too? i tried to PM you, but guess it didn't get through.

For me this weekend wasn't too bad. DH went to soccer most of Saturday and then out with friends on Sunday. Left to my own devices at home I spent the whole of Sunday cleaning the house & putting things in order. Saturday I talked my best friend and dad into driving me to iKea to buy a chair for bubs room. I must be nuts! Day to myself and I spent it organising and doing housework.  Is it too early to be nesting??? Did feel satisfying to go to bed with a clean house and I love my new chair :)

#7 Wanting#3

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

Have pm'ed u princesspeachzz

#8 yoonseon

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hey guys, just wondering: does anyone get a lot of headaches? I've had so many since being pregnant, some of which are really quite debilitating. It's driving me insane!

#9 yoonseon

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

Also, have had a craving for chocolate; just ate about half a jar of Nutella. XD

#10 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

I had one bad migraine after a dentist appointment, yoonseon, but other than that I have been (thankfully) headache free.

Mind you, I'm drinking about 2L+ of water a day, but that doesn't stop hormonal headaches I know.

Still don't feel much like chocolate either :( I'm the most boring pregnant lady ever. I would kill for a vanilla milkshake right now though. Thickshake, even.

I was supposed to have my 24 week midwife appt this morning at 7:30 but she was in delivery all last night so cancelled by SMS at 6:30am. Since I start work at 7am on Mondays I was too late to get in on time anyway so wasted my morning off. Got a backup appt tomorrow afternoon but it means taking more time off work, I'm so lucky they are flexible here and I have some spare hours I can draw on.

The cot I wanted, and that was on sale all last week for 20% off, is no longer on sale...but because the stores here in Sydney were slow getting their floor stock in I haven't been able to see it in person....which I wanted to do before committing to buy it. So I miss out on the sale. Cheesed off!!! I keep saying "oh we can wait til the June sales there will probably be more sales then" then I realise, June is only a few weeks away. Holy moly it's going quickly...

#11 Iliketoflounce

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Princesspeachez I did reply to you not sure what happened to it :( t

#12 elemeno

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Twillight angel, just caught up on the thread, so pleased baby girl is ok!

My back is so sore by the end of the work day and I'm only 21 weeks.
Hope i can hold off for mat leave at 35 weeks....how is everyone else going with work?

#13 Zebidee

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

My back is sore too but I think the chiro visits are helping a bit. But at work now I'm wearing a tubigrip around my pelvis (from the physio) and that makes a massive difference. I also wear it if I go for a walk and really notice if I forget to wear it. I highly recommend anyone with back pain to get a referral to the hospital physio. The tubigrip really helps. I have to wear it over my clothes because it rides up all the time over my enormous bum so it looks pretty bad but I don't care how I look so all good!  Not sure how I'd go if I worked in a  work place that cared about appearances lol.

I had pnd last time. I'm feeling ok emotionally at the moment but today at work we had a talk about pnd from the guy who initially saw me for it after I had ds. Seeing him talking about it really stirred some sh*t  up for me and has left me feeling a bit blah today. I'm going to a different hospital this time and although they know my history they haven't offered a mental health referral. I kind of wish they would so I could at least find out what services they offer. I really should ask at my next appointment. It sucks.

#14 Perpetual Sound

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hi Ladies,

Sounds like we're all chugging along with the usual pregnancy ups and downs...

Yoonseon - I get hormonal migraines and resort to using codine. Usually I take migraine medication but cant during pregnancy. They're no fun. Talk to your GP - if they're really bad you can take panadine forte.

KTT - good luck at your appointment today.
Sorry you missed out of your cot being on sale - end of financial year is coming up so I'm sure you'll get some good prices then. Also, if you manage to check the cot out somewhere in the mean time, check Pramwherehouse.com.au - they do some really good prices and will price match if you see the cot cheaper in another store.
Also - Gumtree!! Most cots that go on sale on Gumtree are only a year old but a fraction of the price. Just have to buy a new mattress. They are usually of as-new quality!

Zebidee - ask for that referral. I'd say that its fairly normal that as your pregnancy progresses, stuff is going to be stirred up for you. Hopefully you can feel supported.
Great tip about the hospital physio btw - I think I'll ask about that... I have an old lower back injury that is giving me a fair bit of grief.

PrincessP - Thank you - yeah I'm starting to feel better about it all... it doesnt feel quite real yet as I still have a conference that I'm allowed to attend next month (was already booked and paid for) so I think once that's over, it will hit home a bit more.

Lol I wish I had caught the nesting bug already... I'm too exhausted though and have absolutely no motivation for anything. Mount Washing (which is steadily growing) has been sitting on my other couch for the last two weeks staring at me :(

Kaylzz - good luck with your endo - I'm sure it will all be fine - they usually call you pretty quickly if your TSH is out.

Akida - yep... have been getting comments from lots of people. I'm at the stage already where I have to physically lift my belly to roll over at night so it doesnt hurt. I'm already so much bigger than what I was with Henry at the same stage. LOTS bigger!

AFM - a pretty up and down few days. DP and I had our first real hiccup in our relationship over the weekend. Basically I caught him out in a pretty big and hurtful lie and although it wasnt so bad that it would end things, I was pretty devastated.

Anyways, he came home from work yesterday morning and took an annual leave day to sort it all out with me and talk things through. The fact that he came home meant everything to me (I have abandonment issues thanks to my ex-DH) and has helped me to work through the issue. So everything is ok, I'm just emotionally exhausted now as well as the pregnant/sick exhausted lol.

On a happier note.... Henry is hilarious. He's started putting his hands on his cheeks and looking at his fallen bits of food on the floor saying "OH NO! WHAT TO DO!!??"

From where he gets the majority of what comes out of his mouth at the moment, I have no idea! lol

#15 Percival

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hi girls. Am taking today off even though I am feeling heaps better the coughing is still out of control I literally can't talk without a coughing fit still. Regardless I am working tomorrow. It has totally trashed my pelvic floor though :(.

Perpetual Sound how are you feeling? Hoping you are feeling a bit better.

Twilight has the bleeding stopped?

Good job on the nesting princess. I hope my nesting kicks in soon, my house is full and I don't know where to fit the baby. We were hoping to have a new house by the time he or she was here but we won't.

Yoonseun- yes I have had a lot of head aches. I suspect they are to do with dehydration or pressure as they usually follow a particularly violent vomiting session. Horrid though and Panadol doesn't always fix them.

Akadia it sounds as though you have a lovely bump going on. I am still carrying quite long so I think people are hesitant to ask. We had dinner with DH uncle the other night and he offered me wine. He had no idea. I feel huge though.

Koala that's very frustrating about the cot.

Zebidee good luck asking about the mental health plan. It's so important and happens so much more than people realize or admit. Good on you for beig  proactive.

#16 Princesspeachzz

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

Yoonseon, I'm hoeing into a jar of nutella with a spoon as I type this. Thankfully it's walking night tonight or else I'd feel super guilty!

KoalaTeeTime, I'm kind of the opposite. Time seems to be going so slowly for me! Have started a countdown till I give up work to shock the colleagues. I've been working here now for over 18 years doing a bit of everything. Given we're a small company, I think they might finally realise what I actually do. Still not sure if they're going to give me a job after my leave or I'll need to quit. Oh well, doesn't really bother me. Time for a change and bub will certainly be that. 74 working days from today and counting. whoot!

#17 Princesspeachzz

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

Oh forgot to ask, is anyone else getting kicks from bub in the colon or bowel?? Certainly the oddest feeling!

#18 Percival

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Haha no, mine tend to be at the front. That would be a crazy feeling.

#19 Perpetual Sound

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

This bub is all out front... I'm not looking forward to him/her being stuck up under my ribs and kicking my stomach while its head is neatly resting like a bowling ball on my cervix/bladder.

#20 Akadia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Sorry to hear Kaylzzz that you and your DS have been sick. I do the same thing as you Kaylzzz if the bub hasn't moved for a while - especially if I have a sore tummy - I feel like he's been squashed!! As for weight I'm too scared to get on the scale although I went to a Maternity store yesterday and fit into the same size in maternity as I do in real life which is nice - fingers crossed it stays that way!

Princess you are such a domestic goddess! I'll just be happy to have the renos finished beforehand!

Sorry to hear Koala about the migranes. I'm doing ok though instead of headaches I usually get a sore belly like its stretching all the time. Its been like that since the beginning in the morning when I wake up. I'm going to buy a body pillow on the weekend. Sorry to hear about the cot. I didn't put alot of thought into mine just wanted one that had a newborn level, could turn into a toddler bed and you could drop the rail with your hip. I ended up with the Boori urbane which I got for $50 off from MyBabyWarehouse. I'm sure there will be more sales soon.

Elemeno - I'm definitely tired by the end of the week and need my naps. I start getting sore and slow like I've had enough. I still have a while to go (mid August) but I'm determined to make it! I might also be able to arrange some work from home during my time off so hopefully that eventuates which will help with bills.

Zebidee - that tubegrip sounds great. I'm going to see how I go and do some pregnancy yoga. Sorry to hear about your previous PND - would be good to ask about it so you know your options - it might put your mind at ease.

PS sorry to hear about you and your DP. I hope it all sorts itself out soon. Our issues (mostly me not engaging my DH on the baby - i.e. I thought he wasn't interested) is slowly but surely sorting itself out - I'm now oversharing. Its been over a month so hopefully we'll be much happier soon - I hope so cause it sometimes causes me anxiety and I feel really crappy about it.

Anna - sorry to hear you're sick too - nothing worse especially when pg as  you can't take much for it!  

AFM - close friend of mine just moved 15 mins down the road from where I live and she's 7 weeks with her second - YAY!! She's even having her baby at the same hospital. Will be great to spend time with her. So excited!!

#21 twilightangel

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

Just need to have a whinge.

I have to go see that awful doctor tomorrow and up until today I thought I would have support. Now I find out I have none as my my mum can't get out of work and my friends partner came home today and she wants to spend time with him understandably.

I just want to cry. I don't want to go for this scan alone. I know my baby is fine and it's an opportunity to see her again but I am worried this lady is going to say hurtful things again and I have no one there to stand up for me or support me :(

Guess I just have to put my big girl panties on and suck it up.

#22 Wanting#3

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

If I lived near u, I would so go, I would love a show down between me and her if she did say something!

Sorry it's just sad that doctors can be like this.

Just try and ignore her and concentrate on your beautiful little girl

#23 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostPrincesspeachzz, on 20 May 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Oh forgot to ask, is anyone else getting kicks from bub in the colon or bowel?? Certainly the oddest feeling!

I was just thinking today about how I am literally having the ---- kicked out of me. Oh boy I am crass these days :-/ but seriously. Bowel kicks, bladder kicks, it's all going on in there...

#24 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Ahh twilight that sucks :-(

She has no right to say hurtful things to you- hope she keeps it professional this time and you have a lovely time seeing your little girl again!

#25 Percival

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

Twilight where are you located. If your melbourne I could come with you tomorrow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.