Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#51 Perpetual Sound

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Just a quick post to say Congrats Akida on your little boy :D

Also, I hope you've all had a lovely long Easter weekend :)

#52 twilightangel

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

One more sleep :D

#53 Zebidee

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

Good luck tomorrow TA! Hope it all looks good.  

I had my scan today, bubs is looking all good as far as she said. And we found out we're having a girl! I'm still in shock a bit. What do I do with a girl lol? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy! I think I was expecting a boy (purely because I already have one) but I would have been a little bit sad if it had been a boy. This will be our last child and what can I say? Every woman craves a daughter don't they? Anyway, I think I'm thinking about it too much! I might have been better off not knowing then I wouldn't be able to think so much.

#54 yoonseon

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

We have our scan tomorrow! :-)

#55 Perpetual Sound

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Enjoy your scans today ladies!

Zebidee congrats on your little baby girl :) how lovely :)

#56 twilightangel

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Scan was amazing.

It went for over an hour as he was very thorough with checking everything due to my NT scan results even though the harmony test said all is good. Baby looks healthy which is wonderful news. He commented that she's small so I will need another scan at 32 weeks to make sure she's still growing well but otherwise all is good.

Got heaps of pics on a cd too to show the older kids.

#57 yoonseon

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

That's great to hear, twilightangel! Congrats on baby girl! ^_^

#58 twilightangel

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Yoonseon - Thank you so much. How did your scan go?

#59 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

This is such a fun time hearing all the news from our scans :-)

Do we have a tally of boys:girls so far? I'm not finding out what I'm having but I love hearing about what others are having!

#60 Perpetual Sound

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Agree KTT. I cant wait for my scan in a few weeks - still feels like forever away. I'm not finding out either but I do enjoy hearing everyone else's news :)

I'm having a bit of a sad day today. Absolutely no reason to be sad but just cant stop the tears. Poor Henry - he's been so gentle and lovely with me today. I've decided that I'm going to go down and meet DP in Port Douglas and go out for dinner at a tappas bar.

Glad for another long weekend this weekend. We're going to spend the time building a fence around our vegiepatch to keep the pademelons and bandicoots out. The little buggers are even eating my lemon tree - they're worse than goats!

#61 elemeno

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

Princess- how awful for you, that's really terrible. I would have been devestated if we'd lost our little boy after the CVS. So pleased you are pregnant again and the little one is doing so well.

Congrats on the baby girl Zebidee & the great scan of your little girl twillightangel!

perpetual-sound, enjoy dinner in Port Douglas! I LOVED Salsa Bar, spent hours trying to convince DH we needed another holiday before baby arrives but he was firm in his 'NO!'

yoonsean- how was scan? Are you finding out team blue or team pink?

I'm a registered nurse & working night duty (my last til 2015!) this weekend. I work 4 days a week in a clinic 8am-4pm and 1 day a fortnight (Sunday usually) in a hospital 2-10pm but trying to do some extra shifts in the hospital before I get too big. So...hope everyone has a better long weekend than me & posts about all the lovely things they get up to :smile:

#62 Zebidee

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Elemeno, I have today off but working the rest of the weekend. So my long weekend will be about as good as yours!

#63 yoonseon

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hey everyone! Well we're having a boy!! And he's looking really good so far! I didn't realise the 19 week scan went for so long! They had a really good look at his brain, heart, spine and other organs, and everything looks really healthy, which is such a huge relief!

And I had to find out what we're having. I hate waiting and not knowing things, so I couldn't not find out! LOL.

Hope you're all well!

#64 Fairey

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Akadia & Yoonseon ~ congratulations on your little boys!!

Zebidee ~ congratulations on your little girl!!

Congrats to all who have had their scans already :) Isn't it an amazing experience?!

I so love this part of pregnancy. Everyone having scans, some people finding out if they're on team pink or blue. Feeling those secret flutters. Give it another 16 weeks or so and we will all be beyond over it and cursing each day of being a beached whale. Hehe!
Like Koala Tea Time, we aren't finding out (love that surprise of cuddling bubs right after birth and not knowing still what's between its legs!!). But I love hearing every one else's news!! We definitely need a tally :)

AFM - 20 weeks today! Yip yip yippee!! Scan still isn't for another 2 weeks though.

#65 cbmum

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Congrats on all the exciting gender news! I keep changing my mind whether to find out. Currently I'm keen to find out but I'm sure that will change again!! Anyone else renovating? I'm knee deep in rubble as we speak yet still i'm checking EB :doh:

#66 yoonseon

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Thanks guys! It's really exciting!

cbmum: not renovating (don't even own our own place, sadly). I had to find out. I'm really impatient and hate waiting and not knowing things. I also like being prepared, so had to find out. But if you like surprises, I say wait! Would be a lovely surprise. :-)

#67 PirateJax

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

It is lovely to hear about all the scans, still have to wait another 2 weeks at least for ours.  No finding out which team for us yet though.

Fairey - love the comment of "give it another 16 weeks"

cbmum - yes, renovating here too.  It is very crazy, and yet, I am still finding time for checking EB also..

How is everyone going this weekend?

#68 Princesspeachzz

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

The long weekend is sadly over. Back to work only to find out they want to give me more tasks to do. Long story short, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as I'm technically still on probation after a redundancy/transfer of business to a new company in January. Just the thought of a higher workload whilst pregnant gave me such stress last night I woke up with irregular heart beats and anxiety. Definitely not what I need! I'm seriously considering just quitting to avoid the heartache but am worried about not having a job given I've been doing the same job essentially for 18 years. Can I blame this extra anxiety/panic on pregnancy hormones??

On a plus note, still feeling those bubble popping flutters. Makes me smile when bub is doing in during work meetings where everyone is yelling at each other. It's the simple things in life that make everything okay again.

#69 Possum88

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

I have another short week at work this week.... well kind of. I have 4 days at my regular office job and 2 days at my other fun but stressful job cake decorating. This is my last job with cakes cause standing for 2 days straight and putting so much pressure on myself is taking its toll. I really love it but don't have the energy I used too and my poor back.

Peachez id say your anxiety is heightened due to pregnancy. its so common. I myself have suffered from it and have nights where I wake with a racing heart.

My little one has been kicking lots. I was sitting in a meeting yesterday and bub was very active. exactly what you said peachez its the simple things.
last night I was laying it bed watching my belly move. It was amazing although DP hasn't felt it yet, Everytime I tell him to look or come feel it he always takes to long then doesn't have patience to sit for more than a minute.

Hope everyone is doing well.

#70 Akadia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Congratulations Zebidee on your baby girl and Yoonseon on your baby boy - welcome to team blue! Twilight congratulations on your great scan! Elemeno - you must be just bursting waiting for that scan.

Cbmum - yep we're renovating - major renovation too - essentially gutted the place. We're in structural stage so everything is dusty and dirty and we've been living in one room essentially. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will see some progress in the 'reconstruction' and that it will all be over in June - better be - I'm  having my baby shower in July!!

Sorry to hear about your issues at work Princesspeachzz - pregnancy does make you more emotional, etc, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is impacting you a bit. I mean in the last 3 days I've cried twice over stupid stuff!!

AFM - symptoms not too bad, except I've now developed hearburn and am having constant toilet breaks - sometimes I'm sitting at my desk, stand up and am busting!!

He's kicking a bit more now too. I put DH's hand on my stomach when he was kicking last night but unfortunately he couldn't feel anything. Should be able to in a couple of weeks I think as they are getting stronger.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter break and aren't too tired if they are back at work! I know I'm feeling it!

#71 Zebidee

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I'm starting to get lots of kicks now too! Everyone says you feel them earlier with your second so I've been waiting and waiting but it's only been in the last week that I've been able to say I'm definitely feeling them. Before that I wasn't sure if it was baby or wind. The movements are getting stronger but I can't feel them from the outside yet. Every time I put my hand on my belly she stops! Poor hubby will be waiting a while to feel it I think.

Argh, awful headache today. I'm at my mum's and she's going to cook us dinner and get DS ready for bed. Then all I have to do is get us home. Hopefully it's gone in a few hours.  I should get off my phone but it takes my mind off it.

I'm off to my very first chiro visit tomorrow. I'm hoping it will help my back issues a bit. I'm a bit nervous, anything to do with bones and joints makes me feel quite ill but I'm desperate! Really I should have gone years ago but I've finally decided I need to get help.

#72 twilightangel

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

Zebidee - I am like you. Very nervous when it comes to seeing chiro's etc. After watching my hubby have treatment for a few months I finally started seeing a wonderful chiro in WA, he made a massive difference to my sore backs and I rarely suffered a headache. When I was pregnant with DS2 I saw him all the way through and was even adjusted the day before I went into labour. He made a huge difference with my SPD pain. Then we moved. I was too scared to try someone new so I left it. The SPD pain through Keilan's pregnancy was awful, towards the end I could barely walk. Like you I have just bit the bullet and seen a chiro. I had my second appt at the end of last week and I am already feeling heaps better. I really hope you feel better after your appt too :) Sorry about the headache, they are awful.

#73 Perpetual Sound

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

I love chiro.... the other thing that made a MASSIVE difference to the frequency of needing to go to the chiro was a new proper orthopedic mattress.... I went from needing the chiro twice a week, to only needing to go every 6 months.

Princess P - I have been crying at the drop of a hat lately too.... the pregnancy definitely makes you a bit more sensitive than usual, but still - more work is not something they should be giving a pregnant lady.... especially if your baby brain is as bad as mine is! lol

Booked my scan for next Thursday - SO excited.

#74 gracie1978

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

My boy has been kicking away in meetings as well, quite distracting really.  Especially when it tickles!

My work has been busy as well, I'm just getting as much done as I can and delegating the rest.  Zero overtime am just too tired.

I really like Bowen (to much of a sook to go to a chiro), tend to go every few months.  However I think the investment in an orthopaedic bed might be a good idea as well :)

So good to hear everyones scans are going well.  

I'm going to preggi bellies at the moment, to be honest I hate it, but I think it's the only thing keeping me out of morbid obesity!

#75 Zebidee

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

Thanks Twilight Angel. I get headaches quite a bit so I'm hoping the chiro will help. But I've just recently developed some nasty sciatic pain (made worse by picking up my 16kg two year old very quickly and awkwardly to get him away from a bull terrier that was trying to bite him a few days ago) so that has been the main catalyst.  

Perpetual Sound, I think some of my issues might come from having the wrong sort of pillow. But pillows are hard to buy,  you can't try before you buy so it's hard to know what to get. And decent quality ones are  expensive on a gamble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.