Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#26 Akadia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Perpectual so relieved for you that you haven't sustained major damage at home and I hope you both feel better soon. Fingers crossed that flight gets cancelled for you.

So sorry about Eve. Hope she gets better very soon. My friends had a baby in January and its suspect as to whether they will immunise. Bubs wont be going anywhere near there if they havent.

Twilight good news for Keilan. Hope he feels better very soon. Must have been scary having him with a fever. They are nasty. I've had 3 since I got pregnant - the first one really worried me as I was only 5 weeks.

#27 yoonseon

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Musefan, would like to be PM'd, also. I'm not on here much these days, but am on FB a lot more. Would love to catch up with how you're all doing!

#28 Musefan2010

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

No probs Yoonseon, I've just PM'd you :-)

#29 twilightangel

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

Seriously give me a break ... Keilan has hand, foot and mouth. He woke this morning with a blister on his chin and his hands and feet covered. He has a few on his legs and his bottom :(

#30 Princesspeachzz

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi all,

finally am feeling comfortable enough to join this group after lurking for months now. Long story short, Just passing through 16 weeks now and have many all clears from my OB that this time around everything is normal. (Following loss at 18 wks in 2013 with amnio due to risk of Trisomy 18) Was so pleased when the ultrasound lady told me that everything is looking normal that I cried. This time around just went straight for the Harmony test. Another opportunity to cry when the results came back all clear.

Must be the time for renovations. Just finished our ensuite after a year with it being gutted. So nice to now not have to walk thru the house for the bathroom! A new kitchen I can only dream of. The 70's laminate & wood will just have to stay for a touch longer.

Overall am so looking forward to the upcoming months. Already this pregnancy feels so different from the last. Not really popping out, but already fending off belly pats from friends and family. Any advice to politely tell them that this is NOT an opportunity for them to invade my private space?

#31 Possum88

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Welcome Princesspeachzz. Sounds like you had a long journey to get here and hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing.

As for the tummy pats im also fighting them off. I don't mind my mum and MIL as I know they are very excited but work colleagues is pushing the boundaries. I always take and awkward step back to show my unacceptance in their touch.

Twilight im sorry to hear about Keilan I hope he get better soon and you can focus on resting and growing a healthy bub!

#32 twilightangel

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

PrincessPeachzz - Welcome and congrats, so pleased everything is progressing well with this little one. In regards to the tummy pats either take a step back as Possum suggested or maybe rub/pat there tummy too and see what there response to that is.

Possum - Thank you. I am not even sure where he picked it up from as we have rarely been out over these holidays due to them being sick. Thankfully baby will be fine, there is no risk to her.

On a really happy note, DH and I went and had a scan done today for fun. We got to see sprout in 3d a few times but the placenta was in the way a little. Was weird to see her kicking up a storm but not feel them. The whole way through the scan she kept putting her hand up next to her mouth and possibly sucking her thumb. It was such a lovely experience and can't wait to go back there when I am 27 weeks and sprout is a bit bigger and chubbier.

#33 Zebidee

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Hand foot and mouth is awful! I've had it before after ds gave it to me and it was excruciating. I hope you don't get it. Your poor son, he's having a rough time!

Welcome princess peach. No advice on belly pats, I'm not a touchy feely person and I think I have a sign saying "do not touch me" above my head lol. No one dares.

#34 gracie1978

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hi everyone

Sorry to hear about all the sick kiddies, I hope they all recover quickly.  :bighug:

I still think I break a strangers arm if they patted my stomach but I've given up at work.  They're all over me and it's lovely how excited everyone is (a few of my colleagues have even started calling themselves Auntie :waves: as they rub my fat rolls).

Had my scan today.  The sonographer was awesome.  She looked all sad and serious when she was telling me that the placenta was too close to my cervix and that it may stop me from having a natural birth.  She looked a bit relieved when I told her I already had the c section booked!

Anyone think the 3D ultrasounds are creepy, DP was really into it and I didn't even want to look at the screen.  Poor bubs is all skin and bone.  

What exercise is everyone managing?

G x

#35 Akadia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Oh no poor Keilan. Hope he recovers soon. He's had such a bad run.

Welcome Princesspeachzz. So happy for you that everything is going well.

I'm lucky no one has tried to touch my belly yet though I'll probably have close family and friends once I feel the baby kick more often on the outside.

Went to the OB last night and asked her if she could tell the gender. She thinks we have a baby girl! We have the gender scan on Thursday so will know for sure then!

Has anyone started getting stretch marks?  Im pale skinned and have had an augmentation done about 5 years ago. I went from a small b cup to a d and no stretch marks but now ive got a few on the inside of my boobs radiating out. It started small a couple of days ago but now getting more. Nothing on my tummy as yet.  Im hoping they stay red so I can laser after baby but just wondering if there is anything I can do in the meantime.  Im currently using bio oil and pregnancy balm.

#36 heatherdv

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

Twilight I hope your little boy recovers quickly, DS had it when he was 2, yuck.

Yes Gracie I find the 3D scans super creepy!  Had a 3D done at 13 weeks and the baby looked like a bony goblin!

Welcome PrincessPeach, sounds like the last 16 weeks have been stressful for you, hope you can relax & enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :)

I'm 17 weeks now & starting to pop out a bit more now.  Am hoping to feel the baby move soon, but nothing yet :(  So nice not to feel sick & seedy anymore.

Off to meet a new GP today as we have just moved house.  Will get a flu shot & book my 20 week scan.  Then I will have to stay strong about keeping the gender a surprise.

Hope everyone is going well.  Nice to hear good results are coming in from the morphology scans.

#37 Princesspeachzz

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

gracie 1978,  
Regarding exercise... oh boy I have the best intentions... but guess that doesn't count. i try to walk each day at lunchtime, even if its just a walk to and about the shops. I also walk for more than an hour twice a week. Unfortunately by the time I get home from work (full-time) I'm feeling dizzy (still!). I've tried pregnancy yoga, but i feel very much like an elephant trying to bend in half. Just not going to happen. My lack of cardio exercise has me worried as I'm one of those people who if they don't exercise gets fat really fast. I probably look more 'pregnant' than I should because of this aka more blubber than bubba.

Akadia,
i think with stretch marks you're either prone to them or not. I had stretch marks on my hips from my teenage growth already. Thankfully they're not expanding. Though I notice that I have some new ones on the underside of my boobs. (went from a B to a full C, maybe a small D somedays) I'm pale skinned so unless you look closely you can hardly see them. But they're definately new. Have been slathering myself in bio-oil every day. Lovely soft skin, but don't know if it's going to do much about the stretch marks as I seem to be prone to them anyway.

#38 Princesspeachzz

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Oh, forgot to add, I find the 2D scans sometimes funny. At one scan, the lady was going on about how cute the picture was. To DH and I, it looked like bub was skinned dinosaur bones with her fingers in a peace sign v.  Another time, the OB was taking a video of the scan and there was bub sitting still just waving one hand at the camera. " hi mum, hi dad". haha! Can't wait to meet this funny bub growing inside me. :)

#39 Akadia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

That's so cute Princesspeachzz! Ours was sucking their thumb at our scan...I'm not sure what the technician thought when they did a front on of the face and I said 'the baby looks like alien out of alien vs predator!'.

#40 Fairey

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hehe! I'm pretty sure I've commented on how ugly bubs is at every scan I've been to!

#41 Zebidee

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

I'm not a big fan of the 3D scans either to be honest. I think they are very creepy lol! But then I've never really understood why people gush over ultrasound pics at all... they all look the same to me!  

Exercise? Ha! I'm over the morning sickness but not the extreme lethargy. I can manage a walk around the block or the shops but not proper exercise. I'm on my feet all day at work, I figure that's enough.  

I've got my scan next week. We are going to find out what we're having but we haven't talked about if we're telling people or not! I'm assuming we will. Everyone I've met recently has decided I'm having a girl but I think people issue like to assume you're having the opposite to what you've already got.

I'm starting to feel movements too! Just very little ones but I'm convinced that it's not just wind now.

#42 Princesspeachzz

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

This week, I've been overcome with dizziness again. I didn't really have any morning sickness as such, just dizziness for about two weeks. Has anyone else had symptoms return?

#43 Possum88

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Princesspeachezz I have had the dizziness also. according to my midwife its normal to return around 17 weeks.

I have been making a conscious effort to exercise lately as I stopped everything when I fell pregnant due to morning sickness. still feeling tired but sleeping better on the days I go running. Feel a bit like an awkward waddling pregnant chick even though im not very big at all.

Looking forward to the easter break and spending some quality time getting the spare room sorted. Then we will start on the baby room (I think the spare room might take us a while though).

Feeling the baby move more and more. its becoming constant when im at work which is nice but never moves when dads trying to feel. little bugger is cheeky already!

Hope everyone has a restful long weekend if they get the time off!

#44 Akadia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Not sure if I'm even saying this right but anyway need to get it off my chest:

Had a really bad morning this morning. Had an OB appointment on Tuesday without my DH as we had someone quoting on something to do with the house and one of us had to be there. I asked if he was fine with not going and he seemed to be but apparently he wasn't cause he thought this was the gender scan and that I had purposefully missed him from the appointment cause I didn't want him to be there.

Anyway this morning I mentioned the gender scan again for this afternoon and he got really upset cause he thinks I didn't tell him properly about it so he had already booked something in at that time. He's coming but we had a major fallout over it and 'everything else' as you do when you open the floodgates.

Anyway hopefully this can still be a lovely experience and its not tarred by our issue this morning...

Wish me luck for my 2:10pm appointment!

#45 Zebidee

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm sorry Arkadia. I hope your argument doesn't ruin the  experience for you.  Good luck.

You've reminded me I need to make sure my hubby remembers our scan next week.

#46 Akadia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yes Zebidee good idea! I guess I just took it for granted.

Anyway we have a baby BOY! So exciting!!

DH still upset but I know he's excited.

Going to start planning my baby shower!!

#47 elemeno

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Princesspeachzz welcome!! I'm sorry about your previous loss. Was it caused by the amnio?
Congrats on all those who had their 20 week scans...3 weeks to go for me. Sigh.
Hope everyone has a great Easter planned :)

#48 CaroH

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

Hi There,
for some reason I can't message Iliketoflounce in order to ask to be put on our Sept DIG fb page. Can someone please help me with this?
Caroline Page
(carolinehpage on fb)

#49 Princesspeachzz

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Akadia- congrats on it being a boy! Hope that thoughts of all the father and son things that DH can will soften him ;)

Elemeno - yes, unfortunately it was. You know when they tell you the statistics about 1: 200 (or whatever), well we were the '1'. Still bugs me that the Dr was so trivial and said after the procedure that "it's all done, you can now go shopping etc" Whereas in USA, they get you to rest before leaving. I think the Dr felt bad as he kept calling for days afterwards. Can only hope they learned from it and changed their procedures. But I will never know as I plan to never set foot there again.

On a super plus note, Saturday night, I think i felt the first flickerings of bub. Was laying in bed resting and could feel was seemed like bubbles popping. Haven't felt anything like that before so I'm reading it as bub :)

#50 twilightangel

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Zebidee - Sorry to hear you've had hand, foot and mouth. I can imagine how awful it would be for an adult. Luckily Keilan got no more spots then the few he had when I took him to the Dr's so I am guessing he was very lucky and only got a mild case. Sadly after the whooping cough he seems to have a weaker immunity and picks up everything, which reminds me I must get his flu vaccine done soon. Good luck for your scan next week.

Gracie1978 - Glad your scan went well. I must be an odd one cause I like the 3D scans. I do agree though that at the moment that they do look like skin and bones. With Keilan I had one done at 28 weeks and he had cute chubby cheeks already. We plan to do one with this baby around the same gestation. Exercise here is no existant. I wish it wasn't but I just dont have the energy. Hopefully with the kids going back to school today I might be able to start walking on the treadmill whilst Keilan naps.

Akadia - Keilan is on the mend thankfully. How exciting that baby is possibly a little girl. Not long now until Thursday. I am also counting down until Thursday as I have my morphology scan then. Looking forward to seeing baby sprout again. I haven't seen any new stretch marks but I have plenty from my first pregnancy :( I believe family genetics plays a part in stretch marks. I am sorry to hear about your argument with DH. I hope your both ok now and congratulations on a little boy :)

Heatherdv - Thanks hun, Keilan has started recovering and seemed to have it fairly mild. He did go off normal foods and prefer smooth stuff like weetbix, yoghurt and soups but I was ok with that as he was still eating. I hope you start feeling movements soon. I've been a bit sad about lack of movements with this one too as I usually feel them at 15 weeks. I had a few movements with this pregnancy early and then went weeks with nothing. I'm now just starting to get daily flutters again.

Princesspeachzz - Thats cute that baby was waving to you. At the scan we had done last week this little one kept sucking on her thumb. I hope she won't do that after birth. I have one who still sucks there thumb and she's 8 :( I have just started having bouts of dizziness again too. It's awful. Hopefully it will disappear for us both soon. Also noticing braxton hicks are happening occasionally.

Well the kids went back to school today and DS2 started kindy so it is just me and Keilan at home. I am really enjoying the peace and quiet and hoping to pull out my sewing machine next week and make sprout a pram blanket and pram liner plus a cute pair of overalls :)

I have my morphology scan this Thursday which is also DH's birthday. Really looking forward to seeing sprout again.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.