Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Gold?

#3 twilightangel

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

Silver :D

#4 elemeno

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

Bronze!
About to fly 20 hours home from Vegas to Sydney (via LA). Can't reply on my usual trick of sleeping tablets and a glass of wine...maybe pregnancy exhaustion will do trick ;)
Have a fab weekend everyone!

#5 Wanting#3

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

Enjoy your flight Elemeno!

Just carrying on here, got past 24 hr gastro on Tuesday, feeling normal today! Nothing worse, esp when pregnant!

Can't wait to feel baby kicking and moving!

#6 twilightangel

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

Elemeno - Safe flight home, hope you manage some sleep on the plane.

Kaylzzz - I am so sorry to hear you have had gastro, that's awful. Glad your feeling better today.

AFM - Last day of school for the kiddies and then 2 weeks of school holidays. I'm kind of looking forward to lazy mornings instead of rushing around.

Keilan has developed a cough over the past two days and I am rather stressed out about it. I am very calm whenever the other kids are sick but unfortunately after watching Keilan battle with whooping cough and spending almost 3 months in paediatric intensive care because he would stop breathing multiple times per day makes me rather anxious when he is unwell.

Well had better go get the kids up and ready for school.

#7 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Have a good flight, elemeno. Hope it's compeltely uneventful and you can get some sleep.

I've got wiggly woos in my tummy! Can't wait til DH can start feeling things from the outside.

Thank goodness it's Friday, too...I'm looking forward to spending some quality time in bed tomorrow morning.

#8 Perpetual Sound

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Kaylzz - hope you're feeling better now - I'm sure it will take a few days to get over the exhaustion from it :(

Twilight - I cant even imagine what you went through watching Keilan with WC. I dont blame you for being nervous now every time he's a little under the weather! I hope he improves nice and quickly for you so you can all get on with enjoying the school holidays! :)

EMNO - Have a good trip back - hopefully you can get a bit of sleep - otherwise I guess it will be a 20hr movie marathon for you!

KTT - hehehe wiggly woos! love it!

AFM - No sickness but spent a lot of the week hitting the deck fainting. I think I got more "alright mummy?" and kisses off Henry on Tuesday than I have for the last 6 months - he NEVER gives me a kiss without a lot of wrestling for it! My MW came and did my fortnightly bloods again and I got her to add iron and HB levels to the test so we shall see....

Other than that had a really good week this week. On Wednesday I used a dayspa voucher that I had been given for Xmas and had a facial for an hour. Then I went across to Port D and had massage for an hour then met DP for lunch on his break. Wednesday is usually my study/research day so it was really nice to take the day off for some pampering - and my skin is loving me for it now!!

Yesterday Henry and I went to his Kindy (this country daycare put the DC kids in with the Kindergarten kids) for their Easter party. It was really cute and all the kids had a great time. It was nice watching them all and I got some great photos of Henry :)

Today I'm heading to a friend's place and she's going to henna-dye my hair. I havent had a colour put in my hair since I was about 20 so it will be nice to have it just freshened up a bit. My hair is a REALLY dark brown (almost black) so I'm not expecting magic to happen but it will be nice and conditioning at the very least.
Then tonight I am going to an exhibition opening over in Atherton which is showcasing ecological photography from SE Asia and Cape York Peninsular. I'm excited - should be a really good vibrant event :)

So yeah - its been lovely to finally be in this stage of second trimester where everything is sunshine and rainbows :) I never do anything nice (and/or girlie) for myself so this week has been a really lovely change.

I hope you're all gearing up for a lovely weekend!

Edited by perpectual_sound, 04 April 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#9 twilightangel

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

Perpectual_sound - Sounds like you have had a lovely week. Glad you've managed to pamper yourself too. I hope the Dr's can find out why you are fainting, I've never experienced that, it must be unpleasant.

My usual doctors surgery was full so I tried a different one and got to see a wonderful and very patient doctor who after hearing Keilans history understood why he was there and she did a thorough check and has also asked me to bring him back Monday to make sure he is improving. The doctor said his ears and throat are fine and his chest is clear, no wheezing or crackling at the moment which is great as usually when a cough starts with Keilan it turns into bronchiolitis pretty quick so I am feeling very relieved.

KoalaTeeTime - Yay to the wiggly woo's. It's such a great feeling and hopefully it won't be too long until your DH can feel them too.

#10 Possum88

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Hi all,

Hope we are all well and enjoying the second trimester.

Elemeno, have a safe flight. my doc has prescribed me sleeping tabs for when I have had a week of terrible nights. I struggle with anxiety though so maybe its the extreme for me. I have only taken half of one and it makes me very nervous.

I have been feeling bub move this week. Its so amazing! DP is getting very impatient as he wants to feel them too. hopefully not long as were almost 17 weeks now.
I cant believe how quick its going. I have all these plans to get things done and sorted before bub but I feel like the time is slipping away very quick.
We were hoping to renovate our bathroom but our dog has to have surgery so there goes our bathroom budget. I know the pooch is more important and the bathroom will just have to happen after bub comes.

Im also glad its Friday but unfortunately cause I make cakes and always over commit myself I have a full weekend of baking and decorating starting tonight!

#11 oz_snoopy

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

Akadia- I have finally convinced DH to find out the sex!

Although we could find out from the Harmony Test, we have compromised to find out at the 20week scan. As it is our first and we don't have ANYTHING, I thought it might help a bit :) Plus I am hopeless at secrets

I am wondering If there is a Facebook group (secret) for this group?

To all of you who have done this before, what kind of things should I start with? Is there a good list online or book available that anyone could recommend for a first timer

#12 twilightangel

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Well thankfully Keilan had a follow up appt today because he has gotten worse :( Keilan spiked a fever Sunday morning and started to get a runny nose. When the doctor checked him today she said his left ear is congested and his throat is red so he is now on antibiotics.

Whilst we were there DS2 made a comment he felt hot so the doctor decided to quickly check him over, his fever is higher than Keilans and he has a congested ear too. Looks like I am in for a fun school holidays of illness travelling through all 5 kids and eventually DH and myself.

OZ_snoopy - Yes there is a private facebook group. Hopefully one of the girls in the group will pop in here soon and give you the details.

#13 Akadia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

Thats exciting oz_snoopy I literally cant wait for my scan. Twice now ive had a dream that ive been told its a girl so now ill be surprised if its a boy! I dont know how anyone could wait til the baby is born - im way too impatient! !

So sorry to hear Keilan is still unwell twilight hope he gets better soon. Will be thinkong of you.

Possum is pretty cool when you feel them move! The other night made me giggle. My 9mo puppy was curled up against my tummy and the baby kicked him a couple of times. It made me laugh :)

Edited by Akadia, 08 April 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#14 Musefan2010

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

View Postoz_snoopy, on 07 April 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Akadia- I have finally convinced DH to find out the sex!

Although we could find out from the Harmony Test, we have compromised to find out at the 20week scan. As it is our first and we don't have ANYTHING, I thought it might help a bit :) Plus I am hopeless at secrets

I am wondering If there is a Facebook group (secret) for this group?

To all of you who have done this before, what kind of things should I start with? Is there a good list online or book available that anyone could recommend for a first timer

I have PM'd you about the FB group.

#15 Akadia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Musefan can you pm me too?

#16 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Musefan2010 would you mind pm-ing me the Facebook details too please? Thanks very much!

#17 jag04

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Oh no Possum88 sorry to hear about your dog. Hope they will be making a full recovery.

We are also planning to renovate - new kitchen and floorboards. Not sure if we are crazy for planning this while pregnant but figure better now than when the baby is here....right?

#18 Zebidee

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

Yep,  definitely better to do it now Jag! You might want to move out to avoid the chemicals from the floors being done depending on what you're going to be using. We're planning on doing extensions a few months after bubs comes.  Stupid but unavoidable!

#19 Akadia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

We are in the progress of renevating nearly the entire house at the moment - no kitchen, no laundry and we've ripped the guts out of the house. Currently there is a massive steel beam sitting in the loungeroom and plywood on some of the windows ;)

In my defence I started the process prior to getting pregnant so now its about getting the house back together prior to the baby coming - though apparently will all be done by June which would mean I'll be able to get to really appreciate the house prior to those sleepless nights once the baby is born ;)

One advantage is we'll actually have airconditioning and a dishwasher that sterilises - joy!!

How is everyone feeling? At 4 1/2 months I've hit the honeymoon phase. I've stopped eating as much and my bump is actually smaller than it was a few weeks ago. Some days I don't even feel pregnant LOL - I know that wont last too much longer so really enjoying it.

Can't wait for my gender scan next Thursday! I used to think it was a boy but now I'm in the girl camp so we'll see!

#20 twilightangel

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

Just wanted to say Perpectual_sound I hope you stay safe and will be thinking of you. I have my fingers crossed TC Ita is not as bad as expected.

#21 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

We're also renovating, we bought a run-down house and have been slowly fixing it up for the last 18 months, doing most of the work ourselves.
We're now looking at paying some people to get the rest of the house into shape before the baby comes. We got a quote for a new kitchen last week of $26k just for the cupboards and bench top no trades no appliances. There are lots of cupboards because we want to go right up to the (high) ceilings and get a matching linen closet. But is it just me or is this ridiculous? We're going to check out IKEA on the weekend.
Tho if anyone can recommend kitchen people in Sydney I'm all ears!

#22 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Holy moly SBC that's a lot of money!!! Like....a lot of money for cupboards and bench tops. What type of bench tops did you want? We're looking to replace bench tops at our place, but caesarstone is too expensive so maybe thinking about Corian.

IKEA has some nice kitchen set ups, and good package deals too IIRC.

-----

AFM, still have yukky mouth taste most days which is getting really tiresome. Also very hungry so am sure I'm just growing a cake belly and not so much a baby belly right now :-(

#23 Perpetual Sound

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hi all

Thanks twilight - its been a very hectic few days. I've actually been down in melbourne with henry at a family reunion while DP was at home by himself manning the forte with the animals. We were very lucky and only have trees down. We're without power/internet/water but our landline is still up so I can at least contact him.

I was due to fly home tonight but the flights are still cancelled so booked for tomorrow now - I am secretly hoping that it will be cancelled tomorrow too as the roads home are all flooded and cut from landslides so even if I can fly to Cairns, it will still be a while til I can get home. Henry and I are both really sick with sinus problems at the moment too so flying right now is the last thing I want to do.

My cousin's 6 week old bub is in hospital with whooping cough. I am so very angry for my cousin - she lives in a low vax area. Poor little Eve was supposed to have her first shots on Friday but was hospitalised two days before :(

Between waiting for updates on Eve, and waiting for cyclone updates, we have all had very little sleep this week :(

I hope Keilan is on the mend now.

On a brighter note - I have been feeling the bubba kicks from the outside of my tummy this week - I can't wait to get home so that DP can feel bubba too now! :)

#24 twilightangel

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Perpectual_sound - I am pleased to hear you and Henry are safe and sound in Melbourne. You must have been so worried about your DH. I'm pleased he is ok and that your property has not sustained any damage.

I am sorry to hear both you and Henry are unwell. Flying home won't be fun if you aren't feeling the best. I hope your flight gets cancelled so you have another day to rest and recover before flying home.

Keilan is improving, thanks for asking, as soon as he started the antibiotics the fevers broke and then over the past two days the cough has slowly been getting better.

I am so very sorry to hear about baby Eve. Not sure if you noticed my sig before I changed it but Keilan got whooping cough at 11 weeks old. Keilan was really unwell and spend 7 weeks in ICU. Whooping cough is known as the 100 day cough and for Keilan it really did hang around for that length of time. It is terrifying and scary and I really wish no other parent ever had to experience what I did. I still can't walk into the Royal childrens in Brisbane without flash backs. When the show Jabbed aired on tv I sat there sobbing and in the end had to walk away as it reminded me too much of Keilan.

I really hope Eve is a mild case and nothing like Keilan was. I wish her family all the best and all the strength they need to get through this. If she wants someone to talk to who understands the journey I am happy to PM you my email address.

Yay to feeling baby, that is awesome. I bet DH can't wait to feel the little kicks. I am still only occasionally feeling sprout move. Can't wait until it's daily movements that I feel.

#25 Akadia

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hi Scaredbutexcited. I'll PM you. I'll give you the name of an excellent Kitchen company as well as builder. Where abouts in Sydney are you? We're located in the Shire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.