Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#51 cbmum

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Twilight - hope all is well but I know it's going to be a tough few weeks ahead. :bighug:

#52 AsagiHunt

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

Hi my name is Sigourney. I am new to this group and would really like to join this group.

I am currently pregnant with my #2 child (although it's first one for my partner) which is due on 30 September. We found out the pregnancy when I was about 7 weeks pregnant even though I sort of have guessed I might be pregnant a few days earlier. My partner is extremely excited with the news and is doing all he can to look after me n make sure both baby n I are doing well. I am having my NT scan next thursday. Not sure what to expect as I never went through with it when I had my first child, so feeling a bit nervous.

I would really love to get to know other mothers who is expecting close to my due date or someone due in September who live in Brisbane too. Hope everyone in this group is going well with their pregnancy so far. Look forward to meet some lovely and nice people on this group!!! Thanks for reading my post!!!

#53 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hi newbies! Welcome!

I'm picking up my NT results at lunch time! I'm busting to know, I'm pretty nervous about them. Should I open them at lunch or wait til I get home from work in case the contain news I don't want to hear?

AsagiHunt- I'm due on the 26 or 28 depending on which scan was more accurate...

#54 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

I couldn't help it and opened at lunch time. But it's all good. Phew!

#55 AsagiHunt

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

Scaredbutexcited glad 2 hear that your NT result are all good! I am very nervous with my own NT scan this Thursday. Never done it with my son (my first one)  as it wasn't complusory before. So really not sure what to expect or what to c.

Oh and thanks for welcome me to the group!. Your due date is definitely very close to mine! =) Hope to get to know you more!!!

#56 Akadia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

That's great news scaredbutexcited.  

Welcome to the group mumof2furbabies and newbies.

Saw bub again last night at my 14.5w scan. Also felt the baby kick a couple of times last night which was pretty amazing.

Anyone know of anywhere you can get an early gender scan? They didnt mention anything at my NT and my obs scan screen is too small. Would be good if its in Syd CBD.

Hope everyone is feeling well. I'm less sick now but still pretty tired. I'm finding I'm writing down a lot more at work as my brain just refuses to function

#57 Perpetual Sound

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Welcome and congratulations to the newbies!!! I'm really enjoying being a part of a DIG this time - its a great support!

Henry is sick today - I've had to take the maxalon just so that i can deal with the snot. :sick:

#58 cbmum

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hello to the newbies :waves: Welcome to the gang. I've had so much support already, it's really been wonderful. We had our scan yesterday and all is well. My downs risk came back at 1:2580. The doctor said he couldn't expect better. Because I'm 36, it's mainly my age that brings down a bit. It was brilliant to see the little one wriggling around. Got to tell the kids last night as well. I've been getting lots of texts this morning so I think Harry, my 6 year old has been doing some broadcasting at school this morning :excite: He's so excited. Anyway, perceptual - I hope snot face doesn't pass it onto you and the maxalon does the trick. I really hope this nausea stops soon! Show me the second trimester glow hey!! :sick:

akadia - kicks already - how lovely for you. I bet it's starting to feel real now.

Off to ballet now.......

#59 Perpetual Sound

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Cbmum - he's on the mend now - and thankfully I have dodged it (or so it seems).

I really just came in to say AAARRRRRGGGHHH EB p*sses me off some times! Really? Arent we all adults?? Is there really any need for such b**chiness!!???

*breathe in, breath out*

Ok I'm done. All better now.

#60 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Perpectual I hear you....sometimes I find myself getting frustrated and not logging in for a while because I'm fed up with it. But I always end up coming back :-P

You'd think we're all adults but some of them certainly don't act like it!

It's been a fun week for me, I've been telling more of my friends and it's all been received well. Told my boss as well, which was good. He said they'd pretty much guessed already so I thanked him for not bringing it up or making a deal about it, unlike one of the guys here at work.

Went shopping with mum and she's going a bit nuts. I think she's baby crazy!! I worry that she is buying too much but at the same time I'm very grateful.

That said, minimee.com.au is having a big sale on now which ends on the 30th- all the bugaboo stuff is on sale so we're cheering! We can probably afford to get a new one now :-)

#61 Possum88

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hi Ladies,

Welcome to the newbies. almost at the 15 week mark and sometimes when im laying it bed trying to sleep I get this feeling in my lower stomach that feels like tapping. Almost like if you could feel your heart beat in your stomach.
Is it to early to feel bub move? there isn't much to me and I haven't gained any weight. I don't know if that makes a difference.

I have an appointment with my doc today to sort out my anxiety issues and hopefully put my mind at ease about not having the nuchal scan.

DP has the flu at the moment and hes having a procedure done on Monday. its only day surgery but hes a big sook and not handling being sick so our house is all tears and stress right now. Tears from me of course cause he doesn't know how to show his stress and worries without saying hurtful things.

I have gotten to that stage where I don't "feel" pregnant and I keep second guessing myself thinking maybe its gone.

Hope everyone is having a good week. happy Friday and bring on the weekend!

Perpectual......... did I miss something??

#62 Kris123abc

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Two nights ago whilst trying to get to sleep I had that strumming of the fingers feeling over my lower tummy region and the heart beat sensation too! Apparently that is what the baby moving is supposed to feel like at an early stage but this is my first, so not quite sure what to expect...

Possum- I think Perpectual is referring to asking advice on the general strands about car seats or prams etc where people can be a bit overly opinionated and judgemental, not this group who have all been lovely!

#63 Musefan2010

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

View Postperpectual_sound, on 21 March 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Thanks Cbmum - he's on the mend now - and thankfully I have dodged it (or so it seems).

I really just came in to say AAARRRRRGGGHHH EB p*sses me off some times! Really? Arent we all adults?? Is there really any need for such b**chiness!!???

*breathe in, breath out*

Ok I'm done. All better now.

I know exactly how you feel!

I'm always amazed by how seemingly innocent topics can de-rail in to nastiness and b**chiness so quickly.

There was a particularly good one last week about pork fillets (seems innocent to me), and that turned nasty very quickly.
Not to mention the thread about coffee tables, which somehow ended with people saying that coffee tables are for bogans (huh?), and then turned into quite an argument.

I'm not even game to look at any topics about breast-feeding, immunisation or religion!!!

I only peek on here from time to time, I'm very grateful for our lovely and supportive FB group now (you guys are awesome!!!)

#64 Perpetual Sound

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Possum and Kris - Yep you're feeling baby!! :D Its lovely isnt it!

Possum - Sorry your DH is feeling sorry for himself and taking it out on you. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery and makes it up by buying you a massage or some sort of pamper gift voucher ;) ;)

And yeah - just a general vent about some of the harmless threads that always seem to somehow turn really nasty. My annoyance has been triggered by a car seat fiasco. Ridiculous and all to common on here :(

KTT - Enjoy your mum making a fuss - you probably wont use some of the stuff but o well - That's what FB Buy Swap Sell is for :)

AFM - feeling better this arvo. I apologized to DP today for my shocking mood the last week or so - its really out of character for me (I'm usually really chilled out and a pretty happy person) and I didnt get like this when pregnant with Henry. I'm so exhausted by feeling so wound up and angry all the time! Really, I feel like a cat on a hot tin roof at the moment.
The trouble with this is that because anger isnt an emotion I am used to feeling, I get overwhelmed by it and end up in tears most nights from the constant feeling of agitation.

I have a voucher for a day spa that I got for xmas, and a 40% off voucher to a massage place that I wont at a trivia night a few months back, I think I need to use them.... now if only I could find the time....

Thank you all for being supportive and awesome! You definitely make me feel better and its really great that there is at least ONE sane thread on this forum!! :p xx

#65 SweetLilOne

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

Hi Ladies!

I am a newbie on this forum. I'm 15 weeks with my first and DH and I are VERY excited. So far so good, pretty healthy and all scans have gone well.

Now that I'm more or less over the nausea, and a bad few weeks of headaches, I don't 'feel' pregnant any more. My belly looks chubby but it doesn't seem like a pregnant belly yet.

I'm guessing it will start popping out over the next few months...

I know a lot of first time mothers probably get this sort of anxiety and it may not be unusual at all.  But feels better to write it down, and I was wondering if any of you felt or feel the same?

Thanks guys and nice to meet you all :-)

#66 Whole Lotta Love

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi everyone,

Sweet Lil One - yes, I basically maintain a steady state of anxiety throughout all of my pregnancies. But I just ignore it, and remind myself that worrying won't stop anything bad from happening. And its not like the worry stops with pregnancy - then you get to worry about a safe labour, a healthy baby, but then so what if the baby is healthy? It can still be diagnosed with a million different diseases throughout its life, or, you know, plane crashes…okay, that all sounds really morbid, but its my way of reminding myself that I have very little control over what happens in life, so the best thing to do is just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Prepectual Sound - I'm new to EB, and find the whole discussion forum thing pretty entertaining. I'll have to check out the car seat one you were talking about. And yeah, I know what you mean about emotions being a bit crazy. I also wonder if I find DH particularly annoying when I'm pregnant, and have to keep in check :-)

I don't think I'm feeling anything yet, but I think I have an anterior placenta…does that mean I might feel movements late? Does anyone know anything about this?

I'm looking forward to being back in Australia soon. Now that I'm pregnant in Asia, there is so much I can't eat - people are telling me not to eat salads, eggs, prawns, shellfish, sushi…that doesn't leave much for me!

Hope you're all going okay.

#67 Akadia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hey everyone, hope you had a great weekend.

Welcome those who have just joined.

Congrats Cbmum - you must be so excited and relieved. I know I was when I got my results :)

I had a huge shopping spree at My Baby Warehouse this weekend. Put on layby a cot (Boori Urbane Sunshine), a convertible car seat (Maxi Cosi Euro Argento) and a Pram (Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan Chilli). I also picked up a Boori change table really cheap on eBay so very excited!!

Sounds like you are all starting to feel your babies! I feel mine early (have been for about 3 weeks) because I have a uterus that tilts forward - so much so that I already have a pretty noticable bump! Starting to get worried about stretch marks so bio oiling it up!

AFM: Not really feeling sick anymore but now I have almost daily headaches - so much so I've had to take panadol which I didn't really want to do! Hopefully this will settle down soon.

#68 Akadia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

Oh yeah now that I've stopped obsessing with the basics, I'm now starting to look at nice to haves and future stuff ;)

Have any of you thought about high chairs?

I saw a Phil & Ted's Poppy High Chair that turns into a toddler seat later. It had a nice style to it and quite inexpensive.

Anyone got any thoughts?

#69 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

So jealous of you guys feeling bub move already! I'm not due til Sept 26, so I think it'll be a good few more weeks for me. Am starting to get a bump though- had to use a rubber band to do up my jeans on the weekend. Those of you with experience: if I buy mat jeans soon, will they still fit me at the end? And how does sizing work? Do I have to try lots on or can I just buy the size I normally buy? I noticed a sale on mavi mat jeans online if anyone's interested!

Whole lotta love - I noticed on my nt report that the position of my placenta is anterior too, so I was googling the exact same question - will it mean I don't feel baby til later? I concluded that it can move so maybe not.. But maybe!

#70 twilightangel

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Akadia - I brought a age design high chair with my last little one. I love it. It is so easy to clean. Height can be adjusted for dining table or breakfast bench. The ease of clean was the big thing for me. I've had the lovely ones with padded covers but after a while food gets caught in gaps and they are hard to clean. The ikea style high chairs are popular for ease of cleaning too.

Scaredbutexcited - I have had an anterior placenta with my previous 4 and now this one too. I still felt movements with my last baby at 15 weeks. I found the biggest difference with the anterior placenta was feeling movements from the outside, so hubby feeling them etc. That took longer as baby needed to kick strong enough to get through the padding of the placenta. I think hubby usually felt movements around 22 weeks. With my first hubby felt movements from 18 weeks.

#71 Perpetual Sound

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

I have an Ikea chair and I LOVE it. Henry can do painting and craft etc on it and I can just hose it off afterwards. Some of my friends have huge chairs with loads of padding and now all the stitching in the seat is mouldy because they cant clean off spills ect that soak into the seams. Eww!! Plus the Ikea chair was $30 :)

You wont need to worry about that until bub is about 6 months old though... so just wait and then shop around. Remember, all plastic with no grooves = better hygiene..

ETA - I just had a look at the Phil & Ted's Poppy High Chair. It looks good but $150!!?? I would want it to be self cleaning :/

Edited by perpectual_sound, 24 March 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#72 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

We got the Phil & Ted's lobster chair- it's awesome, I had one like it when I was a baby. It just clamps on to the side of the table so there are no legs to worry about...and it's collapsible so super easy to take with you if you go out to a restaurant or friend's house.
I'm worried about the footprint of high chairs, seeing as a) I'm clumsy and so are the dog+cat, and b) we don't have a lot of space in our kitchen (where the table is). It was only $70 so I think it's worth it.

I have a real aversion to big, bulky, things. Whenever I see the bloated baby bouncers and swings I get a little sick inside.

We also bought our pram!!!!!!!
Minimee was (still is, until Saturday) 15% off everything in store, which included the Bugaboo accessories...so we got the Bee and canopy, a cocoon, a carseat adapter, and the sun canopy.

That's one less thing to worry about now :-)

So jealous of everyone feeling flutters of movement! Even though I was measuring 1.5w ahead of my EDD all I can feel is gas...

#73 Zebidee

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

No movements here yet, but I'm getting braxton hicks already.  Is that weird? I feel this kind of downward pulling sensation and sure enough if I feel my tummy it's quite tight. I only notice it a few times a day.

I'm starting to feel normal again! No more nausea unless I go too long without food. It's such a relief to have gotten through that stage. I hope everyone else is starting to feel better.

I second the ikea high chair! So easy to keep clean and so cheap.

I need some advice on prams.  We need a new one but I don't know if I should get one with a second seat.  DS will have just turned 3 when the baby arrives. He rarely used the pram but if we go for a long walk or going to the zoo or something then he'll still use it.  Ideally I just want to get something that folds up easily and is light but I'm not sure I can get have everything.  Anyone with two or more kids already...do I need a second seat for a three year old?

#74 twilightangel

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Got my harmony test results back today. Low risk :) so relieved. I'm having a little girl. So excited :)

#75 Zebidee

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

That's wonderful news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.