Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Lisags

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Gold

Oooh that was quick. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Edited by Lisags, 09 March 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#3 twilightangel

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

Silver :)

#4 Iliketoflounce

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

Bronze

M/s still here but not as bad as it was and I find I can't tolerate oranges grrrr

#5 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the replies about NT testing at pathology places guys! It sounds like they all do it differently so I'll call them tomorrow and find out.

All these phone calls and appointment bookings are so tricky while working fulltime in an open plan office when still trying to keep it secret. Esp the people that insist on calling you back!!I can't wait to get it out in the open.

Thanks also for the non-drinking excuses for the wedding. I ended up telling a couple of my best friends the truth at the drinks between the ceremony and reception, and just told everyone else that i was designated driver. It was lovely to share the exciting news with them. They only have to keep 'mum' for a week or so if all goes well so hopefully they can do it.

My morning sickness has changed into evening sickness -grr!! Not nearly as bad as when it was MS but DP is getting sick of really bland dinners.

#6 Perpetual Sound

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hi all

Sorry for the lack of personals.

I'm kida having a bad day today re thyroid symptoms and I just cannot concentrate on anything. I'm supposed to be smashing out an assignment but I cant do anything without forgetting where I'm up to. Its so frustrating and its been a while since I've had a day like this. Its effecting my vision today too :(

On the up side. DP and I palmed Henry off overnight to a friend and we went and stayed at a hotel down in Cairns. Its the first time we've been alone just the two of us in nearly two years and it was absolute bliss - we slept in til 10am yesterday morning!!

We have also had a breakthrough on the boys names front and we have actually agreed on the name Jude. So we have one on an otherwise blank list of boys names.... its a start lol.

I hope you're all having a good day :)

#7 Fairey

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Guess what I dreamt last week? Bambino 2 was a girl born September 1st.
Only 6 months to go until I find out if I'm the oracle... Or a complete nutter!!

Chug chug chugging along. Starting to tell people too, which is lovely and exciting :)

#8 Akadia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hi All Im back again now.  Wanted to wait out the first trimester and NT scan before I joined properly.

We are very happy with the NT results and have announced yo work and friends we're having a baby.

MS is getting alot better than 2st trimester.  Feel good most of the time as long as I stick to an eating routine.

Starting to get a bit of a bump which is nice and a friend of mine gave me a heap of maternity clothes.

One of my 9mth old border collie puppies is becoming protective of me and wont let the other pup near me if he's being boisterous.  He'll only let him come over if he's calm - very cute!

Anyway hope everyone is going well and looking forward to hearing everyone's updates!

#9 elemeno

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Perpetual, sounds like a lovely night away!
Welcome back Akadia, your puppies sound sweet.

Hope everyone is having a good week. I have a cold & am hoping to shake it before I fly out to the US on Friday for 3.5 weeks...our last pre-parents holiday!

#10 Lisags

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Akadia it is great to hear from you again.  I hadn't seen you post for a while but glad you got through the NT scan.  I have two border collies as well, but mine are older.  The oldest will put his head on my tummy and listen ( I assume to the heartbeat).  He has also given me more cuddles of late.  I'm sure he knows that something is up.  My youngest has also put her head on my tummy but she has become more of Daddy's girl.  They are smart dogs and just somehow know.

perpectual_sound Sounds like the time away was a good idea.

#11 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

A long holiday in the US sounds fabulous elemeno, have a great time!

And your dogs sound gorgeous Akadia and Lisags. My dp was really keen to get a puppy last year but I convinced him to try a baby first and then we'll see if we have time lol!

I have my NT test tomorrow and I'm living up to my username! Luckily they do the bloods and the scan at the imaging place. I'm hoping the results come out by Friday (and really hoping they're good!) because I can't wait to start announcing.

#12 Btwi89

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hi! I'm from Melbourne congrats on your pregnancy!

I am a 24 yr old student midwife in my 3rd & final year of study & I need only 3 more pregnancies to follow. As a part of our course we offer support, attend a few antenatal appointments and the birth - if you wish! It is beneficial for our learning, so I would greatly appreciate your help.

Feel free to email me for more info - bmcmid@gmail.com :)
Ta, Bianca

#13 Akadia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

Scaredbutexcited where are you getting your NT mine was in Sydney and you get your results at the time of visit which I was very relieved about. They were really lovely people. Good luck xx

Lisags your pups sound amazing. I just love border collies they are beautiful dogs.

#14 Perpetual Sound

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

elemeno - way jelly - i want to go to the US!! Where are you going over there?

Welcome back Akadia! Glad to hear its all going well for you :)

Lisags - your dogs sound so lovely - lol I have a sausage dog and he couldn't care less... maybe cos its the second time round and he knows that it means he's going to go down one more run in the pecking order lol.

SBE - Good luck for your scan today - its so exciting! I have mine tomorrow and I cant wait!

Btwi89 - I think Kaylzz was looking for a Student Midwife? I think she's in Melbs but not 100% sure.

AFM - Had my latest thyroid results back and they're crap again. I knew I wasnt just going insane on Monday and I'm feeling like sh*t for a reason. Re-test in a week... my poor scarred veins.

Today I'm going to try and get some of that assignment done. Going to be interesting seen as we got next to no sleep with Henry in our bed last night....

Anyways - hope your day is going a bit cheerier than mine lol

#15 twilightangel

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image

Baby Sprout. Measuring ahead at 13 weeks. All is going very well. I took DS2 and DS3 with me to the scan. DS2 thought it was great seeing baby move on the screen. Was really cute seeing his reaction.

#16 Perpetual Sound

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

nawww how awesome!
Lovely your boys got to see bub too - I want to take Henry tomorrow but the immaging place specified no kids :(

Does DS3 know whats going on? He's quite young isnt he? (oh yeah -  he's exactly a month younger than Henry)

#17 twilightangel

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

:( that's sad you can't take Henry. I was asked not to bring them for the morphology scan but nothing was said about this one. Luckily cause I have no one I can leave them with.

DS3 pats my belly and says baby and today pointed at the screen and I said yes that's baby but I don't really think he understands.

#18 twilightangel

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Currently sitting here crying and wishing my husband was home.

The dr's surgery just called. They want to see me tomorrow to discuss the results. Apparently the nuchal fold measurement was 2.6mm which puts me at high risk. Combined with the bloods my risk is 1 in 600 and something.

The nurse said it might be recommended I have an amnio. I'm terrified. I want my baby to be ok and doing an amnio could cause me to miscarry but I need to know if there is anything wrong too.

Why is this happening? I have been so happy all day after seeing sprout and now this.

I'm sorry for being all doom and gloom I just wanted to get it out and didnt know who else to talk to.

#19 Perpetual Sound

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

sh*t :(

I'm sorry to hear this. :(

I thought though that they recommend further testing if your risk is less than 1:300?

When does your DP get home? Is there anyone there that can be with you for support (besides all your wonderful children)?

#20 twilightangel

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

I thought that took but my Dr is concerned about the 2.6mm measurement. From my quick google it is the higher end of normal and because baby is measuring 13 weeks not surprising.

DH gets home about 7pm. He's taken DS1 to baseball training. I've tried ringing but I guess he is helping the coach tonight. So just me and the kids. My mum doesn't know I'm pregnant so I dont think I can dump this on her now.

#21 Perpetual Sound

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

:( At least "higher end of normal" is still quite hopeful I guess. Its a shame the nurse couldnt wait until the morning to call and ask you to come in rather than letting you stress all night :(

Did they see a nasal bone in the scan? I cant make it out from your pic above.

#22 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

So sorry to hear twilightangel! But remember the upper end of normal is still normal. And with a 1 in 600 chance, there's still a 599 in 600 chance it will be perfectly healthy!

I had my NT test today and it was great to see the bean so full of beans and waving. But they take a whole week to get the results organised!!

Akadia where did you get yours? I'm in sydney too. I went to an imaging place in campsie, they seemed so disorganised. The girl who did the scan was lovely but they were running 40min late (and with a full bladder that was painful)

#23 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

So sorry to hear twilightangel! But remember the upper end of normal is still normal. And with a 1 in 600 chance, there's still a 599 in 600 chance it will be perfectly healthy!

I had my NT test today and it was great to see the bean so full of beans and waving. But they take a whole week to get the results organised!!

Akadia where did you get yours? I'm in sydney too. I went to an imaging place in campsie, they seemed so disorganised. The girl who did the scan was lovely but they were running 40min late (and with a full bladder that was painful)

#24 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

#25 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Sorry for the multiples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.