Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#51 CC2014

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Hi All,
Well done on hitting the 12 week mark to lots of you!

I'm 10+3 now- have my blood test Fri and NT scan/12 week scan Fri next week (my Ob said i am actually a few days ahead so should technically be 12weeks next fri)- really hope all goes ok, it's so hard when you can't feel anything yet so have to just assume things are going as they should...

Twilightangel and perpectualsound- I like your names- names can be so hard! We havent really started thinking about it yet but love hearing all of your ideas and suggestions.

Neuron Jockey- I like looking at the fruit comparison thing too- am a bit like you and havent been following it closely but it is pretty interesting to consider.

Hope you all have a good day.
CC

#52 cbmum

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

I'm just over 9 weeks and MS is easing. Of course now I'm worrying there's something wrong again. What week did everyone feel things getting better??

#53 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Sure there is nothing to worry about cbmum. My ms has been fluctuating since 9-10 weeks. Just when I think it's gone, the next day is the worst. But, as I get closer to 12 wks, the bad days are getting fewer.

#54 Perpetual Sound

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'm the same as NJ - some days good, some days bad.... but definitely no where near what I was like with Henry which was around the clock til about 22 weeks then at least once a day until he was born.

On the upswing though - I'm getting my libido back! Woot! haha

#55 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

cbmum my morning sickness has been remarkably better since Friday which would have been 9 weeks exactly. Like you I was worried that something was up but I had my dating scan on Monday morning and saw a lovely little bean with a strong flickering heart beat of 175bpm.
This pregnancy stuff is more stressful than I realised - so many unusual symptoms - and as soon as you feel something you worry something's wrong, then you find out it's normal and then you worry when it goes away! Lol

#56 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

I miss my libido :-(

#57 Mortificado

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Hi ladies, can I join in? I'm due 21 Sep and have had a good pregnancy so far. I am getting married in a few weeks so I am very glad I have had an easy run!

I'm 31, DF is 30. First baby for both of us.

#58 Perpetual Sound

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

Welcome Clever Bunny! Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

If you're interested, we're all on a secret facebook group too - its been pretty quiet in here of late, mostly because we're finding FB easier to keep up with.

#59 heatherdv

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

I just passed the 10 week mark and my m/s has been easing up for the last 4 days but I'm really tired again!

I've been craving sweet foods for weeks now but today I had the strongest urge for a salad sandwich.  I just ate one and it was way more delicious than something so boring should be lol!

Welcome Clever Bunny :)

#60 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

I just realised....there will be a 'due in' group for November starting up soon.

How time flies!!! We're all pretty much between 1/4 and 1/3 of the way through now! The first trimester feels like a bit of a rip off, actually. There is not much to show from it bar morning sickness, bloating, massive anxiety/paranoia and guilt over keeping secrets from friends/work. At least there is a scan to look forward to around week 12/13.

I bought the most delicious cheeses for a work farewell today, and there was a request to buy a blue cheese. I loooooooove blue cheese, and I couldn't have any :( I'm so tempted to have just one bite.

#61 Perpetual Sound

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

I remember eating a whole wheel of blue costello in the 2nd trimester with DS.... highly illegal im sure but its just so damn good!!!

#62 elemeno

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Mmmmmm was staring at the cheese cabinet at the delicatessen today imaging my first post baby meal.
Blue cheese. Sashimi. Sushi. Cocktail.
It will be a glorious feast :)

#63 berrysparkles

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

I have found the food thing really annoying (been overseas for a week so eating out all the time). I have been eating salads etc, just asking the restaurant to wash it... Not sure if this is ok or not. My other pregnant friend we are travelling with has been avoiding them. I can't stand eating junk all the time and missing out on veggies though (not to mention the awful constipation). Looking forward to going home and eating some healthy fresh food! What do you girls think - is salad ok in a restaurant? (Not subway/smorgasbords etc but a proper restaurant where there is a side salad or lettuce etc on a sandwich)?

#64 Perpetual Sound

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

I think it would depend where you are and if its made fresh.

I wouldn't eat salad if I was if I was in a country where the water quality is compromised (eg some Asian countries, Mexico etc).

If you're out and about and the salads are being made to order (and not pre-cut a-la-sumo salad then go for it.

PS - where did you go? :)

#65 Lisawantsfeta

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

can I say hi and join in?!
Im 13 weeks along, due 02nd September, 2nd bubba!
had my NT results back, ok except for tri 18 bit low and worrying me.
can I ask if anyone has any experience in the harmony test? I just had a girlfriend tell me about it and want to know others experience on it.
i'm in Sydney and have been quoted anything between $2k and $500 for the test. apparently results go overseas?
otherwise all good, been a very tough 1st tri with morning sickness and vomiting, feeling lethargic with no energy to run after my crazy 2 year old
:)

#66 Perpetual Sound

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Hi Lisa!

Welcome and congratulations!

There are a few women in this DIG who had the Harmony test at 10 weeks I think? They have all said that it takes 2 weeks to come back. Have you been referred to have further testing for Tri 18 (ie amino or CVS)? If so, apparently the results come back quicker and I think are more definitive for a broader range of conditions.

If you havent been referred for further testing, then I guess the harmony will give you piece of mind if nothing else - but the risk is obviously low enough for the OBs to not be overly concerned :)

#67 Lisawantsfeta

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

hi perpectual_sound thanks for the quick reply!
to be honest, I havnt even discussed results with my GP (doing shared care) so don't know but tri 18 was 1:236 and it just seems very low compared to my DD1's results when I was pregnant with her. I know that she's 2.5 years old and I would have had the nt done 3 years ago so this may would higher my odds but its just really worrying me and I don't think I'll stop worrying. im already an anxious person as it is lol
I don't see my GP till next Thursday by which time i'll be 14 weeks. Im not sure I could go through with an amnio or cvs

#68 Perpetual Sound

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Are you doing shared care between your GP and midwives or an OB?

Maybe give your other carer a call and ask if you are likely to be referred with those odds. Then I guess you could go and get the Harmony sooner rather than later - by the time you get booked in for any more testing, you may have the harmony test results back.

#69 Lisags

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Lisawantsfeta I had my NT scan done yesterday at a place ran by Ob's.  They told me that anything under 1:300 they look at doing further tests.  I was quoted that the Harmony Test was $900 but was only going to look at that if my odds were that I needed to.  I have read others on here only paying $500.  I guess it is up to you whether it is an issue.

#70 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Welcome Lisawantsfeta.

I just got my harmony/NIPT results back today. They send off to the US and it takes 10-14 days for the results. I think mine came back a bit earlier which was a nice surprise. I think we paid just over $600 (in Melbourne). I believe they have a 99% accuracy rate. It's only been offered in Oz for the last 18months or so, and the price keeps decreasing, so it definitely pays to get an up to date quote. You can also find out the gender with this test - I couldn't help myself.

#71 Emily of New Moon

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Welcome Lisawantsfeta!

Sydney Ultrasound For Women does the harmony test for 520 dollars. They have quite a few branches around Sydney and I've always found them to be very professional and thorough.

#72 Mortificado

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Hi again, how do I get in touch with this secret FB group?

#73 Perpetual Sound

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

CBunny - I'll PM you with my name and then you can temporarily add me as a friend. Then I can invite you to the group.

LisaF - do you want to be added too?

#74 nellieb

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostLisawantsfeta, on 28 February 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

can I say hi and join in?!
Im 13 weeks along, due 02nd September, 2nd bubba!
had my NT results back, ok except for tri 18 bit low and worrying me.
can I ask if anyone has any experience in the harmony test? I just had a girlfriend tell me about it and want to know others experience on it.
i'm in Sydney and have been quoted anything between $2k and $500 for the test. apparently results go overseas?
otherwise all good, been a very tough 1st tri with morning sickness and vomiting, feeling lethargic with no energy to run after my crazy 2 year old
:)

Hi Lisa - I'm in Sydney as well and had my NT scan yesterday and came back with an increased risk of T21. I'm having the non-invasive testing (harmony test) on Monday and it's being done through RPA. I've been quoted $495 which is charged by the company in the US rather than the hospital.

I believe SUFW sends their tests through RPA as well and I think they charge just over $500.

#75 twilightangel

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Just did a huge post and lost it :( Sorry but I dont have the time to type it all out again :(

Perpectual sound - I fell in love with the name Calliope from Greys anatomy too. My only concern is I will have an Addison and Calliope. What if you referred to your son as Freddie all the time but it was Fredrick on the birth certificate so if he wanted to he could use the full name when he got older?

Welcome and congrats to the new girls.

I had my first antenatal appointment last week. Was lovely and was very reassuring to talk to the midwives about my concerns and request for an induction at 37 weeks and they agreed. So looks like this little one will be born at the beginning of September.

My little boy asked for a baby (doll) when we were at the shops the other day so much to my husbands dislike he know has his own baby. It goes everywhere with him, it is so cute.

Have an ultrasound this Friday to check on the subchoronic bleed and make sure it is decreasing in size and then Wednesday the following week is my NT scan.

It is my birthday the day after my NT scan so I am sure we will be having a family lunch over the weekend so we might announce our news then. I have organised a shirt for my little one to wear that says 'I am going to be a big brother'. I will admit though that I have concerns about announcing it as my mother made some negative comments about me having another baby yesterday. It hurts when people just cant be happy for you.

I hope those who have announced there baby news were met with happiness and excitement and I look forward to seeing all the baby scans soon.

Take care.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.