Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#101 Fairey

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

It is much easier to determine D/S at the 12 week scan. There have been women on EB that have had a high risk at 12 weeks, not done further testing, all indicators gone at the morph scan and then gone on to deliver a baby with D/S.
Which is why the testing is done between 11 & 13w6d.

#102 yoonseon

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Hey everyone! I haven't been on these forums in ages!! How's everyone doing?! I could go back and read, but eh... LOL.

Anyway, I'm doing OK. 12 weeks today! We had our scan and down syndrome test earlier this week, and all's really good! Was so exciting seeing bub for the first time!

How's everyone feeling? Anyone showing just yet? I'm not! Still feeling sick, though. :-( Hoping it passes... any day now!

We also announced the other day. People are excited, which is lovely.

Anywho, hope you're all doing well! Hopefully I can keep up!

#103 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

Hi ladies,
I have a question about the NT scan. I'm 11 weeks today and have the NT scan booked for Wednesday.
My GP gave me a referral to the hospital but they were booked out so I booked into the private imaging place she sent me to for the dating scan. Its just occurred to me though that being an imaging place they might not do they blood test, have any of you been to a private imaging place and did they do the bloods and everything?

Also, I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and we're trying not to tell to many people until after we find out everything is ok at the 12 week scan. I used Feb fast as my excuse for not drinking at the hens party but obv I can't use that now. Does anyone have any good excuse suggestions? I love my wine so its going to be so obvious!

Thanks guys!

#104 twilightangel

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Scaredbutexcited -

No private radiology places do not have the facilities to draw blood so you will need to go to a pathology place for that. You need a blood test form for that too. Plus my GP told me to have the blood test done 3 days before the ultrasound so you'll be needing to have the bloods done today for a Wednesday appt if you were in formed the same thing.

In regards to the wedding, a urinary tract infection being treated with antibiotics?

#105 Wanting#3

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Scaredbutexcited - maybe just have sparkling water?  Im sure ppl eventually will be to drunk to notice lol!

Or as pp said, you are antibiotics for some reason

#106 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostScaredbutexcited, on 07 March 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Hi ladies,
I have a question about the NT scan. I'm 11 weeks today and have the NT scan booked for Wednesday.
My GP gave me a referral to the hospital but they were booked out so I booked into the private imaging place she sent me to for the dating scan. Its just occurred to me though that being an imaging place they might not do they blood test, have any of you been to a private imaging place and did they do the bloods and everything?

I went through a private imaging place. They handled it all - I had a quick dating scan and then they gave me a referral to the pathology place across the road. I paid at the imaging place and they were the ones that rang me with the results. There are doctors at the imaging place, so they can write you any referrals you need. They are usually located next to or very near pathology places. There was no need for me to get the blood test 3 days beforehand.

AFM, we had our 13 wk scan yesterday and all looks good. We're going to start telling everyone now, yay! And we found out from the NIPT/harmony, that we're having a boy. So excited to have found out. Now we just have to find the name - it's proving a bit difficult so far. DH and I have different tastes for boy names, so it might take us a little while.

Ps. Welcome to all the newbies.

#107 Wanting#3

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

Congrats NJ! How exciting a little boy!

Where did you get the nipt/harmony test done to find out the sex?

Is it in Australia?

#108 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostKaylzzz, on 08 March 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Congrats NJ! How exciting a little boy!

Where did you get the nipt/harmony test done to find out the sex?

Is it in Australia?

The bloods were taken here (just through a normal pathology place, but organised via the private imaging clinic) then sent to the US, so it took about 10 days before I got the results.

#109 Zebidee

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

How exciting nj to  find out you're having a boy! Are you going to tell anyone that you're having a boy or keep it a surprise?

We will be finding out this time hopefully, but I don't know whether to tell people or not.  We didn't find out last time (hubby's preference and while I wanted to know I wasn't  as passionate about it as he was). This time I want to know! He's ok with that. I know I will tell my Mum because she will be helping out with washing all the appropriately coloured clothes lol but also she's already going on about DS's little sister which is starting to get on my nerves a little. But I kind of feel like if I tell mum then we have to tell all the other grandparents and if we tell all the important people we may as well tell everyone! Argh! It's doing my head in.

#110 Wanting#3

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostNeuron jockey, on 08 March 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

The bloods were taken here (just through a normal pathology place, but organised via the private imaging clinic) then sent to the US, so it took about 10 days before I got the results.

Is that the one you pay for?

#111 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostKaylzzz, on 08 March 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Is that the one you pay for?

Yeah. It costs around $600 or so.

#112 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

We're telling everyone about it being a boy. We had a few pregnant friends/family that knew the sex of their baby and kept it a secret from everyone, but I never really understood the point. We kind of felt it was odd that they were openly keeping it a secret from us. Whilst we were thrilled they were expecting, the sex of the baby wasn't that exciting to us. Sorry if that sounds harsh!

But definitely keeping baby names a secret is different kettle of fish. Won't be telling others unless I can cope with negative feedback.

#113 ~A2~

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.