#3 twilightangel

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Silver :)

#4 Perpetual Sound

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

bronze?

#5 Perpetual Sound

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

How are we all going today? I hope everyone is largely over the worst of their MS now.

I am looking forward to DP being home over the weekend so I can SLEEEEEEP.

#6 Wanting#3

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Not to bad here, the exhaustion has kicked back in. It was horrible yesterday I felt so yuk, poor dh and Ds!!!

Cannot wait to get to 12 weeks! I'll be starting to buy things, like a double pram, the big things. Clothes and nic knacks can wait until I'm 7-8 months lol

#7 Cameron86

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Still feeling yuck alll day, but given im pretty much the last in the group i guess its to be expected. Pretty much fell asleep in a meeting at work today, so tired. Ms and exhaustation made worse by the fact work is so slow and boring at the moment. Starting a new role in just over 2 weeks so things should get better....until i tell them im pregnant so will only be there for a few more months hahah. Have a few days in noosa before that so cant wait to relax, although i am hoping ms stays away for that!

#8 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

I can't tell whether I'm getting better from the MS, getting used to the MS, or just managing it better....

I feel SO fat/bloated though. But my pants are still loose and my kg haven't gone up. Maybe I'm losing muscle mass and increasing flabby mass?

But I have said goodbye to my hipbones.
See you again in a bit less than a year, my old friends lefty and righty (if all goes well, that is).

#9 Musefan2010

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Still feeling blah :-(

Seriously considering crawling into bed and not coming back out until second trimester!

If I turn out to be one of those women who have m/s for longer than just 12 weeks I'm going to have a tantrum.

On the plus side, one of my closest friends had a lovely little baby girl last night. I won't get to see her, because they live a long distance away, but the FB photos are adorable :-)
At least it's showing me that I'm feeling this yucky for a reason!

Sorry I've not been on here much lately, I'm checking in with the FB group more, but I am quietly stalking on here as well!!!

#10 Cameron86

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Couldnt agree more!

#11 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Had the same thoughts on ms - might be getting better, or I'm just getting used to feeling blah - it's becoming the new normal!

We had our first quick scan yesterday. What a huge difference it makes seeing the bub. We got a good view of him/her wriggling around - strong heart beat of 180. Fell in love. I was convinced the night before that it was a phantom pregnancy or missed miscarriage or something - it just didn't feel real until the scan. It makes feeling crappy worth it. Our dates look to be pretty close too. Maybe only a day out from what we thought. Over the moon with happiness!

#12 bindy30

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

Neuron Jockey what a relief I had my first scan in the Ob's room today as well. I like you had myself convinced thàt I had made up the pregnancy in my mind. The OB said it is ok you can breath now after he found the heartbeat and confirmed there was only one baby!

I have turned the corner with ms feel much better this week will be 12 weeks on Tuesday!

#13 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

View Postbindy30, on 14 February 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Neuron Jockey what a relief I had my first scan in the Ob's room today as well. I like you had myself convinced thàt I had made up the pregnancy in my mind. The OB said it is ok you can breath now after he found the heartbeat and confirmed there was only one baby!

Congrats Bindy30! Glad to hear yours went well too. It hadn't even occurred to us until yesterday that there might be two - luckily just one here too.

#14 DecafJane

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

I swore black and blue that this time I would eat better during first trimester. However, i'm constantly morning sick and the only way I feel half tolerable is if I'm actually eating something. And the morning sickness feels so much worse this time. Last time, I called it "every other time except for morning sickness" because I was fine in the mornings. This time, I'm sick non-stop. I have only vomited once but I feel dreadful and nauseous and does anybody else have that hideous taste in their mouth?  I remember it so well from last time.

My first obstetrician appointment is on Tuesday, so we'll get to look at the bean and see what is going on. Even with all of the MS, I still want to be reassured that there is somebody in there.

#15 cbmum

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Bleerrrrrr best sums things up I think. How's everyone else?

#16 Fairey

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

I've actually been sick sick. Cold and flu symptoms with a ripper if a cold sore to boot. Oh I love not being able to take anything to make it go away. Instead I just cough my guts up... And wet my pants from the force (why, thank you DD for messing with all control down there!!)
But I used the doppler again Thursday night and found the heartbeat, so bubs must be okay in there.
While I've been crook, I haven't had m/s which is a bonus. Still having the weird crazy dreams, heartburn and stacks of cm. But no m/s - woot!

First midwife appointment on Monday and then 12 week scan the following week. Time seems to be standing still.

Congratulations Bindy and N-Jockey on your great scans!

#17 elemeno

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

Bindy and N-Jockey, great news on the scans!

Sorry like others I have been pretty active on the other DIG site, don't mean to neglect EB.

We have friends staying this weekend and I got away with no alcohol (feb fast excuse) but I think they sensed something was up as after I ate a bagel with egg I realised the mayo might have egg in it so asked the waitress quietly and she came back and loudly announced it did. I was like, oh ok no probs.
They are trying for a baby so they might realise the importance of that question
Oh well can't so anything about it! And then had a nap instead of joining them at the movies. Can't wait for first trimester tiredness to go! 3.5 weeks to go :)

Who is telling people soon? Any cool plans on how to tell your parents over Skype? Or in person ;)

Edited by elemeno, 15 February 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#18 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Feb fast is a great excuse. I'm soooooo sick of people trying to 'bully' me into drinking though. I now have real respect for those that don't ever drink and have to deal with the hounding and the questions at EVERY get together. It's so hard this time of year too.

We told parents and siblings, but nobody else yet. Not sure if I can wait until all the test results come back (13wks) or just announce at the traditional 12 week mark. It's getting harder to keep the secret. For siblings we just emailed the picture of the first scan with the length of the baby and heart rate as the subject line. Then waited for the phone calls - it was sort of fun waiting to gauge their reactions.

#19 twilightangel

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I have only told my closest friend so far. I am not sure when we are going to tell any one else. I have purchased a iron on transfer that has a picture of mickey mouse on it that says I am going to be a big brother and I am going to put that on a shirt for my 18 month old to wear when we decide to announce it.

Oops DH just told his mum on the phone, lol. She was very happy for us.

#20 bindy30

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Fairey you poor thing I have had a yuk cold this week too and of course DH would be away for the week with work and get home complaining about how sick he has been too and he was going to bed at 8 and getting 10 hours sleep. That attracted so much sympathy from me! I had a teething toddler to contend with so ended up with broken nights sleep and him in bed with me only to wake up every time a cough. I am hearing you about the pf too when you cough and I get an ache down in my pelvis each time I cough. Hope next week is better.

#21 Possum88

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Hi Ladies,

sorry for the lack of personals.

I have been keeping quiet because I have been really stressed. I needed to take some time to put my mind on other things.
I like some of you have been having horrible nightmares. most of mine are about DP though. im terrified im going to be alone.

I should tell you a little bit about me which might help you understand my fears. I have a twin brother who is my best friend and the one person I can turn to for anything. he is the most precious thing in my life and 7 months ago he was in a motorbike accident which left him permanently paralysed from the chest down. he was such an active person who loved to take risks enjoying life. Watching him and his beautiful girlfriend fall apart and there whole life change has really put a hole in my heart.
Don't get me wrong I know how very lucky I am to have him alive as we did almost loose him.

Since his accident I have changed my attitude about life. I quit the job I hated and have started a new one I love. I have to remind myself that happiness is everyday and not something im working towards in the future as the future isn't something I can control.
I guess that's why I took the plunge to have a baby before we got married.
Now I constantly worry about my amazing brother who has come so far in short amount of time. I feel terrible im doing this amazing thing and he struggles to sit up in a chair. I cant help but feel guilty.

on a less serious note I have been feeling terrible but I think its largely down to stress. I have got my paperwork from the hospital to meet my midwife on the 26th. so excited. only 2 weeks till my 12 week scan and I cant wait from some reassurance everything is good with bub.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and valentines day. DP took me out to dinner and all I did was vomit. He tried at least. bless him.

#22 elemeno

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Oh Possum88, I am so sorry. What a hard time for your brother and your family. It's just crap isn't it. And it's just not fair.
Having worked in a spinal injury ward when I was in my first year of nursing, it was so hard seeing bright young men's world fall apart after motorbike accidents (most where young men & motorbikes). He is so lucky to have a supportive family, that is more than a lot of the young men I looked after.
Why are you terrified about going through pregnany alone? Are you worried something will happen to your DP?
Are you seeing a counsellor or someone to talk to about what you are going through?

Edited by elemeno, 17 February 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#23 berrysparkles

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Sorry you are having such a rough time Possum88.

I bet your brother will be really excited to be an uncle.

Remember to look after yourself too :)

#24 Possum88

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Elemeno I haven't really spoken to anyone before about my fears or my brothers accident for that fact. I keep telling him he needs to but I haven't really thought about myself.
I went and spent some time with him yesterday. since I have been back working I haven't seen him as much which I know is hard for him. when he first had his accident I spent 3 months at the hospital everyday taking him 3 meals a day and making sure he was attending physio and getting everything he needed.

DP is great and I know he's never going anywhere but as I hear its normal I have these dreams where he does leave or something bad happens to him. The dreams feel so real I usually spend the whole following day convincing myself it didn't happen.
I feel so fragile right now and every time I talk to my mum or MIL I just end up crying.

Berrysparkles I have told him hes going to be an uncle. it will only be the second baby in our family and unfortunately we don't get to see my niece cause her mum is very controlling.
Hes excited and tells me I have to have a boy so he can teach him to build "boys Toys" haha.

#25 Perpetual Sound

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Oh wow Possum - what a journey your family has been on in the last year! Have you thought about getting counselling for yourself to process what has happened to your brother? Particularly to address your feelings of guilt - I can imagine its something that is quite overwhelming considering you're twins. There are anonymous online chat counselors who might be able to help if the thought of actually sitting in front of someone is too much.

As for dreams about your DP leaving - I think these are pretty normal dreams to have - but even still, it doesnt make them any less upsetting when you have them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.