Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 CarlieB

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

I can't remeber who said what in the previous thread, but I'm surprised with the internal at the morphology scan! For both my pregnancies the only time I had an internal was the dating scan. Both my morphology scans have been at public hospitals. The third morphology scan next week (second this pregnancy) I'm sure will be the same. I have to go back because bub wouldn't move off his/her back and they need the back facing out for some of the measurements. Also kept it's legs very tightly shut so no chance of finding out the gender. We wanted a surprise anyway, so it's actually good. Now I just have to resist next week if he/she is more cooperative!

So sorry for those still getting morning sickness, I don't know how you get through pregnancy! I saw a friend earlier in the week who is now 29 weeks and grateful that she's just spewing once or twice a day now! Last pregnancy she only had a 2 week reprieve during the whole thing. Makes me appreciate how lucky I am.

I've started getting a bit of movement over the last couple of weeks - pretty late given it's my second, but I didn't get anything until late last time either.

Hope everyone's doing well!

#3 Shadowess

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Carlie, I'm guessing a girl for you... Purely based on the legs firmly closed comment! :)

Internals- my morphology scan is in Thursday, and I'm hoping there's no internals! A friend in Sydney recently had to have an internal, so maybe it's the done thing up there??

#4 sebrex

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Hi girls,
Can I join this group too? My due date was originally 1st July  but now 30th June....on the cusp but would prefer to be in due July group :)

First baby for me, second for my husband - we just found out its a boy. Couldn't ask for more than a healthy baby but I was secretly hoping for a boy so I'm stoked.

Btw, I am booked in at the RPA and also had the internal at my morph scan and was told it was standard procedure ... it was a surprise but nothing scary. Its just a clearer way for the sonographer to see the cervix.

enjoy your weekend everyone!

#5 PepperG

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Welcome Sebrex :)

Congratulations on your baby boy!

#6 Lawns85

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

Welcome Sebrex & congratulations!

#7 FeralSingleMum

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Hi everyone and welcome to the newbies :)

Told my ex that it's a boy today and was met with "Did you access my Facebook? Congratulations on your boy" really?! Really?! Still refusing to sign the birth cert or give me his address (because I would so love to visit him :rolleyes: ) so I told him I'm getting in contact with child support so I can track him down - he said that if I contacted him again he'll be contacting the police because I'm harassing him. Said to go right ahead because 3 messages since the beginning of January is not harassment. His response - I'm not signing anything, goodbye.

That's the last straw. He won't be finding out when the baby's born until he gets the notice to sign the birth cert. I'm getting in contact with legal aid tomorrow to find out what my rights are and where to go to from here.

Congratulations to everyone who's had successful scans. Can't believe that I'm half through - it's really flying. Good luck to all those with up-coming scans :)

#8 SenatorPrissypants

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Had my morphology this morning. We're having a girl. Everything was looking good, baby was super active aside from the fact that she didn't want to roll over for us! Got the 4D which was amazing, I loved watching the little hands moving around.

#9 funkyphantom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hi Ladies

I must confess to frequenting the FB version far more frequently, but I still read the daily posts from here. Welcome to the newbies!

Had our morph scan this morning. We'd both been getting girl vibes but we're clearly not intuitive types :smile: Definitely a little boy in there. We both said it before the sonographer did!

Feeling quite excited and like it's much more real now!

We're keeping the gender to ourselves (except for spilling to your girls of course - but I figure you can keep a secret!)

Now onto names... yay! Getting excited!

xx

#10 SenatorPrissypants

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Heard the heartbeat for the first time today. Swoon.

#11 DyingofLove

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

YoursMine&Ours I would be ditching that loser for good. I wouldn't want him to sign anything because I wouldn't want him to be a part of my son's life.

#12 FeralSingleMum

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I would DyingofLove but legally I can't. If I know who the father is then I have to let BDMs know so I can claim Centrelink. I hate that I have to involve him, I hate that it will probably end up in court and I hate that he's putting me through the ringer just because he doesn't want to face the fact that he has 4 children - which would mean that he would have to pay more child support.

I'm not sure what will happen. Thankfully I don't have to let him overnight visitation until the child is 3, that's if he even wants anything to with his son. I doubt it but then again nothing will shock me anymore when it comes to him.

#13 auntk

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hi all

I haven't been on for ages, I've been mega busy at work and then our internet died... just one thing after another.

Since I've missed so much I wont do personals, but I have had a quick flick through the posts I've missed and on some of the topics that came up:

Nice to see everyone having good morph scans.  I had mine this week and everything was a ok.  We didn't find out the sex - I have a hunch it will be a girl and I'm not very girly so don't want people bombarding me with pink frilly stuff (I know that's a bizarre reason for not finding out but I'm sticking to it).   There was no internal thankfully - different places must have different views.

I've not bought anything yet though we have been given a lot.  We went to a baby store last week and were very intimidated.  I think we will probably get a Steelcraft Agile Plus pram though.  A friend has one, likes it and will lend me the carrier for it.  Most of the others were too bulky and heavy (or expensive) for my liking.

DH and I agreed on a boys name within about 5 minutes but are struggling to agree on girls.  He has only made one suggestion - Jessica - and refuses to think of others.  I like Jessica but don't love it and it seems to me like a very 80s name.  He doesn't hate but doesn't love my favourite name - Eleanor - but vetoed Matilda and Alexandra.  I finally came up with one we both liked - Zoe - but we have a short one syllable last name so we'd prefer a longer first name - it just doesn't sound right.

I am 19 weeks but still not very big.  I have not put on much weight which I was grateful for and at sometimes I still am - I am a bit self conscious about it - but its now starting to annoy me because all my pants are too tight but I'm not big enough for any of the maternity clothes I've been given so I feel as if I am never comfortable.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

#14 kifli13

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hi ladies

I also have not posted for a while but regularly read all your updates!

Welcome Sebrex :)
Yoursmineandours- what a d*&%$ suffice to say you are better of without him. I do hope however he supports you at least financially and that you get plenty of emotional support from those around you who love you!

Auntk- like you no weight gain yet, my OB made me feel a bit bad about that last week but I am also only 19 weeks and was small to begin with, my mum told me she only put on 5kg with both myself and my brother and we were both 3.5kg, so I am assuming its genetic.

My BP was very low when they last checked 85/60 but not much I can do about this except take it easy and stay dehydrated, but it explains all the weakness I've felt when I go shopping.

We had our morph scan on Friday and everything was normal which is great and we're having a boy! I am thrilled to bits, we were both really hoping for a boy but of course would have been happy with a girl. I went a little crazy and bought some outfits on Saturday, cutest was a little cookie monster onesie, and now I can't help but think of him as my little cookie monster. Name is likely to be Alexander but we might wait to meet him first!

Hope this week goes quickly for everyone!!

#15 Redfishbluefish

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Hi girls,

Sorry long time no post, have had phone issues and struggle to get time to hop on a computer...

Welcome to all the newbies since I last posted, and congratulations!

Glad to hear all these morph scans are going well! Mine is next week, looking forward to it. We're not finding out the sex  but I'm getting mighty curious!! I have all my money on another girl.

YMO, GAH! What a tool. I hope sorting things out isn't too painful in the end and you can mostly just forget about him.

Auntk I don't think I was showing with my first until nearly the third tri. I'm showing now but not super obviously and this is my third. I never get particularly big. With weight gain you can't win lol! If it's not "too much" it's too little. Pfft. As long as baby and uterus are growing I'm sure things are fine!

I'm finding this pregnancy is flying now, and we have a busy few months ahead so I think this baby will be here before we know it!

#16 CarlieB

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

I drop in here almost every day but just realised it's probably been a while since I posted! Kifli I can't believe your OB gave you a hard time about no weight gain at only 19 weeks. Like RFBF says, you really can't win! I've put on about 3kg so far (thought that was a week or so ago so probably more now!), but like everything, there's a wide spectrum of 'normal'.

ASM, not much to report. Like kifli my BP is a bit low - almost passed out waiting for my lunch to be made yesterday! Very frustrating but I think I definitely didn't drink enough water over the weekend so trying to make up for it while I'm at work! Counting down the weeks until I can finish work as I'm a bit over it at the moment and would much prefer to sleep in with DS every morning.

Welcome to all the newbies and hope everyone is doing really well!

#17 FeralSingleMum

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hi all :)

Thank you all for the support. I won't be posting anymore updates about my ex as he texted me this morning and he found out that I had been posting about what's been happening. So if you do any questions please feel free to PM me but I'll be just putting up general updates now about the pregnancy.

Which is going well, he's a really little mover especially at night. Hope everybody is going well and can't wait to hear more about everyone's scans and names.

#18 laridae

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

Morph scan was today.  All is well and we are having another girl!  Which is great, but I have no idea whet we will call her!

Oh well, 20 weeks to find a name...

#19 zari115

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hi guys

It has been a long time since I posted as well - but I do read most days.  Glad to hear everyone is travelling along nicely.

I had my morph scan on Wednesday - all is well.  I started to feel the baby kick right around 19w which is cool - but DH really wants to feel it too, but the boots are not quite that powerful yet.

I haven't put on much weight either - OB didn't seem bothered.  I eat when I'm hungry and try to have a variety.  Salads, chicken and fruit are my friends - red meat is still a little repulsive to me.

So I've bought everything 2nd hand so far - love Gumtree.  Pram (Bugaboo Camelon), Cot (Stokke Sleepi that converts to the mini), Capsule (Maxi Cosi Mico), Nursing Chair (Ikea Poang) - the rest will be new I guess.  Plus I've started a wishlist of things I would like as the parents and friends keep asking - figure it's a better chance of getting what we want that way.

Names...argh...so hard!

:)

#20 Emily_Will

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Had my morph this week - it's a girl!

Mildly terrified about what that holds for adolescence but i'll cross that bridge eventually (I remember what a handful I was!). I've got names all picked but need to meet bub before I finally decide.

Everything is very average, and normal which is great. We DID NOT want to be very cooperative, but we got there in the ned.

I also told work this week which was good, I'm still kinda small for 19 weeks so I was able to get away with it, but I have gained 4.5kg and my obs said that's all pretty average.

I also started back at yoga this week, so happy about that escape!

Still can't seem to raise a response (email, DM) from LittleJacksonOne about getting into the Facebook group, but hopefully that changes soon.I noticed LittleJacksonOne hasn't logged in since January, so I hope everything is alright....

#21 SenatorPrissypants

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Will contact her through FB for you, Emily_Will.

#22 laridae

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostEmily_Will, on 28 February 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Still can't seem to raise a response (email, DM) from LittleJacksonOne about getting into the Facebook group, but hopefully that changes soon.I noticed LittleJacksonOne hasn't logged in since January, so I hope everything is alright....

I think I can add you.  Can you PM me your email address & I'll give it a go.

#23 CPubs

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

Hi team,

Popping back in, I dont get on here often.  We had our morph too, all good, a total show off boy.  No doubt - it was plain as day!  Glad everyone is doing ok.

Can you please put me on the FB too - likewise i cant raise the person we are supposed to get to do it... Laridae, can you help me too please?

Cath

#24 HTee

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Same situation with FB - Sent it last year but never came through. I'm not too worried, this forum seems to be enough.

#25 laridae

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

Checked with LittleJacksonOne and she says she's sent an invite to anyone who requested one.  So if you didn't get one maybe check your spam folder in your email, or let her know if you didn't get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.