Sorry to hear Rach look after yourself

#52 Musefan2010

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that Rach.
Take good care of yourself.

#53 PrincessOopsie

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

So very sorry rachH look after yourself xxx

Edited by PrincessOopsie, 29 January 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#54 elemeno

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Oh Rach, I am so sorry. My sympathy to you and your partner. Be gentle with yourself.

#55 Possum88

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Rach im so very sorry to hear of your loss. that's a horrible way to find out.

Well ladies we had our scan yesterday and everything is well and ticking along smoothly. Im 7+1 today measuring 9mm with a healthy heartbeat of 138. Im not sure if this is good or average but the sonographer seemed pleased :) DH was amazed and i think it finally made it "real" for him. Also no TWINS much to DH's disappointment he was really counting on twins (I was not!).

As for cravings all I want is cheese and olives. I have eaten multiple jars. I find milk is soothing and if I drink to much water too quickly I get really sick. so many things are a trigger for me so I have to be careful.

I just sat through a 3 and a half hour meeting with only a cup of tea and just about ate my arm I was so hungry.

Have many of you told your boss or a work colleague? I've been getting questioned a lot due to my sickness and lack of coffee (I usually have a bad coffee habit but cant stomach it now) and I feel my boss knows something is up so I should tell her?

#56 Iliketoflounce

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

possum yay on a great scan yay to no twins

Only tell people that need to know at this stage

AFM I had a scan today no twins here aswell. measuring 1 day ahead yay one day so now I am due 23/9 which is 3 days before my birthday we didn't see a hb the lady said it would be to early and I would need an internal to see it so back to the DR on friday

#57 heatherdv

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Rach I'm so sorry.  I'm 39 too and conceiving at our age is an amazing feat in itself.  So cruel to have it taken away.  A friend has just been through the same, she's 40.  She opted for a D&C.  I wish you all the best at this sad time.

#58 berrysparkles

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

Very sorry to hear that news Rach :(

#59 baobab

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

It doesn't take long to get attached to our little babies does it? Just a few weeks and you're already mapping out your future. I really feel for all those who have recently had that taken away.

Also don't you think it's easy to focus on the physical effects of pregnancy, when actually the mental/emotional effects can be equally hard to tolerate?

I think I definitely have developed "baby brain" already, doing silly things and being quite absentminded. Yesterday my husband says "I'm a bit worried how you're functioning outside the house"! Who knows? I'm oblivious...

#60 Wanting#3

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

So sorry to hear rach, be kind to yourself. It's such a horrible time, virtual hugs to u xx

#61 PrincessOopsie

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

Just a reminder if your interested one born every minute is on at 8:30 :D

#62 twilightangel

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Rach, I am so sorry. I hope you have lots of support around you at the moment.

#63 Wanting#3

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

View PostPrincessOopsie, on 29 January 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Just a reminder if your interested one born every minute is on at 8:30 :D

Watching! I missed it last week!

#64 DecafJane

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'm so sorry, Rach. :(

#65 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

I'm watching One Born and I feel like a witch because I don't like any of the mums on there tonight :-/ the midwives and mums, however, I love!

Possum I know what you mean with colleagues getting nosy about symptoms! "Coffee walks" are a big thing in my office and my absence of my usual daily Capp is being noticed. I just can't stomach coffee lately :-( our receptionist, bless her, told me privately that back in December she had a dream about me being pregnant! It was so funny, we've never talked about babies or anything together before either. She will be so wrapt when I announce at work!

Rach i am so sorry- I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must be. Surround yourself with loved ones and look after yourself xxx

#66 fairybub

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Well I'm over and out.  Dr confirmed my HCG levels have halved in 72 hours.  So this will be the 2nd miscarriage in 6 months.  Kill me now seriously.  What's the point in living if you can't have a family?

#67 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Oh fairy bub I'm sorry :-( i hope you get your little  family soon ♡

#68 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Fairy bub, I'm so sorry to hear. It will happen for you, take care of yourself sweet xox

#69 elemeno

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

Fairybub, I'm so sorry. A lot of women (my best friend included) have had a few miscarriages & go on to have babies. Please tell your doctor how your feeling, & your partner.

Ladies who've been there done that, I've started to feel a bit nauseas in the morning ((along with headaches) & yesterday my stomach ached, not cramps but sore. When I went to the toilet I noticed 1 spot of brown in mucous CM. I know it's old blood, but from what?
I have a very vascular cervix so expected a bit of blood while pregnant , had it quaterized a few years ago the bleeding was so bad, but I guess I still feel a bit nervous. Had this happened to anyone else.

#70 Iliketoflounce

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

Fairybub sorry to hear sending you hugs

elemeno brown blood is old blood you should only panic if it is bright red are you a negative blood group? that old blood could be because you DTD as your cervix is more sensitive during pregnancy if you are worried go to the dr

#71 deejie

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

Rach, Fairybub, I'm so sorry for your losses. hugs to you both.

#72 Wanting#3

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

So sorry for ur loss fairybub

hugs to u, and it will happen for you soon enough xx

#73 heatherdv

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

So sorry fairybub, its so unfair.  Take some time for yourself and don't give up on your dream.  You will have your family.  xx

#74 DecafJane

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

I'm so sorry, Fairybub.

As the others have said, I know quite a few women who had several miscarriages and still ended up having a family. There is hope. X

Elemeno, I lost a lot of blood (bled properly for 6 weeks from 12 weeks pregnant including losing clots) while pregnant with DD1. A part of the placenta had separated from the uterus near the internal os and had bled into the space there, and took 6 weeks to come out. It was horrific.
But a spot? Don't worry too much unless you get more and other symptoms that something isn't right. And if your gut is telling you that you need reassurance, go to your doctor. X

#75 Ariel T

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

Hi All,

Rachel and Fairybub I am so sorry for your losses. Thinking of you, and hope you are doing ok.

How exciting for those of you who have already done scans! I won't be doing one till week 13, so still 6 weeks to go, unfortunately. My main problem these days is sleeping properly. I wake up at 4 or 5 am and find it hard to get back to sleep for at least an hour! Does anyone else have this problem? Still not much MS surprisingly, compared to last time, but its early days so will see what happens there.

I have gone off sweet food completely, and always want chicken and sometimes spicy food. My best mate reckons this means I'm having a boy!

Are the "One Born Every Minute" episodes new or are they repeats, does anyone know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.