Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
263 replies to this topic

#251 deejie

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostKoalaTeeTime, on 12 February 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

I feel emotionally miserable....like I've made a huge mistake. I hope it's just hormones kicking into overdrive :-(

Oh hugs for you KTT, it's hard to feel this way. I think pregnancy is a huge emotional roller coaster. I have moments where I am so incredibly happy to be having another baby and moments where I'm freaking out thinking oh-my-god-what-are-we-doing.

I think it's normal to feel this way, don't feel guilty or beat yourself up over it.

#252 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

Chin up KTT you have certainly not made a huge mistake, hopefully you will feel better in no time it's just those hormones talking xxx

#253 cbmum

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

KoalaT I've had moments like that. I think its part of the gig. It's a little unnerving to say the least. I'm not sure if it's normal but I know I've felt that way too. Let's hope the glow kicks in soon .

I seemed to have confused some people with my fear based decision making comment. I see what you're all saying I just hate how negative this trimester is. I agree I probably need to look on the bright side a bit and be grateful for the technology that saves us heartbreak down the track but to be honest, between the vomiting, the heaving and the has my baby got something wrong with it?? ; It's a tough gig.

For all the MS girls, I feel your pain. Big hugs to you all. This too will change. Hang in there luvvies xxx

#254 Cameron86

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hello ladies,

Popping over from the october dig as i just had my first scan today which changed my edd from oct 1st to sept 30th. Guessing this is where i belong now!

A bit about me - im 27 pregnant with first baby, but had a mc at 8 weeks in october last yr.

Have felt pretty average for the last few weeks so cant wait for that to be over! Having said that, having more symptoms this time round and seeing a strong heartbeat today is reassuring.

Sorry to hear of the losses and those experiencing bleeding, i am still always checking so know how you feel, first 12 weeks are so anxious!

Hoping for uneventful months ahead for everyone

:)

#255 Cameron86

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hello ladies,

Popping over from the october dig as i just had my first scan today which changed my edd from oct 1st to sept 30th. Guessing this is where i belong now!

A bit about me - im 27 pregnant with first baby, but had a mc at 8 weeks in october last yr.

Have felt pretty average for the last few weeks so cant wait for that to be over! Having said that, having more symptoms this time round and seeing a strong heartbeat today is reassuring.

Sorry to hear of the losses and those experiencing bleeding, i am still always checking so know how you feel, first 12 weeks are so anxious!

Hoping for uneventful months ahead for everyone

:)

Oops sorry

#256 Oh Peanuts!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Welcome Cameron86.

KoalaTT, I feel for you. This is my first, so really don't have a grasp of how normal all these feelings are yet. I had a good friend that had a really tough time throughout her pregnancy and I believe suffered a bit from antenatal depression. It was the first I had heard of antenatal depression (as opposed to postnatal), so if you are having a more ordinary time of it than you feel is normal it could be worth speaking to your GP about it. BeyondBlue has some useful info about it too. Either way, hope you feel better soon.

#257 bindy30

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Koala it is natural to feel like that it's a big life changing event that no one can really fully prepare you for as each persons experience is so different  I went from feeling happy to thinking what the hell have I done all the way through my first pregnancy. The 1st Tri is hard too with hormones all over the place hope you feel more certain on things soon.

#258 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Thank you all, ladies. Big hugs back- I'm just so used to things being different...better. I need to get used to things changing!! Especially my hormotions.

Did anybody else watch One Born Every Minute? Little Diego and his parents were so cute.

Welcome, Cameron :-)

#259 M!ssy

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostKoalaTeeTime, on 12 February 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Anybody else feeling miserable with being pregnant? Maybe I'm just being melodramatic.... :-(

This is me everyday at the moment!

#260 Perpetual Sound

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Hi ladies,

Welcome to the newbies - I cant believe how many of us there are in here now!! Who'd have thought Christmas and New Years would be so relaxing! ;)

KTT - Its a massive change to your life and it takes a while to get your head around it - its a scary change too as it will never just be you and DP again! I am having the same sort of feelings with this one on occasion - wondering how I am going to cope with two kiddlets. The stupidest little things end up with me in tears at the moment... I cant even watch TV anymore without an ad-break setting me off!

Is anyone else having nightmares? I keep dreaming that my boy dies due to something I do in my exhausted pregnant stuper (accidentally leaving him in the car, forgetting to watch him in the bath... etc)  :( I wake up sobbing and beside myself and then cant get back to sleep for hours. I'm so tired!!

#261 heatherdv

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

View Postperpectual_sound, on 13 February 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Is anyone else having nightmares? I keep dreaming that my boy dies due to something I do in my exhausted pregnant stuper (accidentally leaving him in the car, forgetting to watch him in the bath... etc)  :( I wake up sobbing and beside myself and then cant get back to sleep for hours. I'm so tired!!

I have those all the time!  Not pregnancy related for me, just lots of nightmares about DS falling off cliffs or drowning & I can never get there in time.  It's so awful.  There's been so many nights I've disturbed his sleep because I needed to cuddle him at 2am!

#262 twilightangel

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

perpectual sound and heatherdv - I also experience those awful nightmares but like you heatherdv they are all the time,  not pregnancy related. Many nights I have woken my husband screaming and sobbing in my sleep. They are truely awful nightmares.

Sorry I havent been posting as much, I needed to take a small break as the spotting was really starting to stress me out. It stopped a few days ago which has been reassuring. I had my dating scan today, it was great seeing sprout again and knowing everything is progressing well. I didnt get to see much though as not once did the lady turn the screen so I could see :( Sprout is measuring ahead at 8 weeks and 5 days with a lovely strong heartbeat of 170bpm. So if they decide to change it my new due date is the 20th of September.
Will have to go back and read through the past few days so sorry for the lack of personals.

#263 gracie1978

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Twilight Angel that is wonderful news about your scan today, congrats.

I'm still bleeding so have been a bit quiet as well.  Ten week scan tomorrow... FX

Sorry to hear so many of you are having nightmares, I've been having odd dreams, but nothing too scary.  Although I'm super vague in real life, picked my poor kitten up from the vet and then almost forgot to put him in the car, had left him beside the door in his cage on the side of the road.  I really don't think I can be trusted with a bub!!

Koala, I think it's really normal with the big life change ahead and the hormones to feel a bit overwhelmed.  See how you feel at 14 weeks, when you're feeling a bit more like yourself.  If you're still concerned maybe some prenatal counselling could help?  I've googled it a fair bit over the past few weeks myself.  I think every google search I do at the moment starts with 'is it normal...'

Welcome Cameron, so exciting that you get to see your baby a little earlier :)

AFM took some maxalon this morning to help with the MS and was totally vague in a meeting, could answer basic questions and felt like a total space cadet.  I felt even worse a few weeks late.  Just gave in and asked for reduced working hours for the next few weeks.  

Take care

Gracie
x

#264 ~A2~

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.