Due in September 2014 Chat Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
263 replies to this topic

#26 twilightangel

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

My friend had her baby last night, a healthy sweet boy. Ive just been to the hospital for a quick visit. So glad I am pregnant as seeing all those newborns made me clucky.

Other than that my morning was bad. Took the kids to school and as I was walking up to a class I slipped off the path and fell over with my 18 month old in my arms, my knees are black and I grazed my elbow. A mum who saw it and came to check I was ok said I managed to protect my baby welland only his bottom touched the floor. I am so glad I didnt hurt him. I am so sore now though, it is hard to walk etc. I have a drs appt this afternoon to get him to check there is only bruising and because I am worried about the pregnancy even though I know they are well protected in there.

For those with no morning sickness, try to relax and enjoy it. I had no morning sickness with my last 3 babies.

As for cravings, strawberry milk here :)

#27 Perpetual Sound

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

View Posttwilightangel, on 28 January 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Other than that my morning was bad. Took the kids to school and as I was walking up to a class I slipped off the path and fell over with my 18 month old in my arms, my knees are black and I grazed my elbow. A mum who saw it and came to check I was ok said I managed to protect my baby welland only his bottom touched the floor. I am so glad I didnt hurt him. I am so sore now though, it is hard to walk etc. I have a drs appt this afternoon to get him to check there is only bruising and because I am worried about the pregnancy even though I know they are well protected in there.

OUCH!! I hope you're ok!

#28 Indig0

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hi Ladies
I am another newbie to join this group, I have been watching for a few weeks but wanted to be more sure it was "definitely" happening before I got too involved! I remember some of you from the TTC group, it is great to see you ladies in here too. We had a bit of journey falling pregnant and this will be our first, after a year of trying and then IVF in December, we were lucky to fall pregnant on the first cycle so I have been quite disbelieving it was all really happening to us. Now I am starting to feel excited, whilst battling the what ifs and anxiety about scans & tests etc each week.

So far I have been lucky I think on the MS, very little nausea, but just feeling a lot more tired than usual. My appetite has tripled though and I want to eat all day long, and that includes several sugary or salty snacks :( I can't seem to curb those cravings!! I am due on the 1st, so September is feeling closer and closer with every week passing! We have been debating over the past few weeks whether to go public or private, which I think we've now settled to go privately despite the horrible cost, so have our first OB appt next week.

I hope you are all having a good week and feeling ok! xx

#29 twilightangel

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

kaylzzz - mines confused, lol. It started off going side to side, them went in circles and then back to side to side.

#30 twilightangel

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

Perpectual_sound - I am very bruised and sore but will be ok in a few days. Thank you :)

#31 Iliketoflounce

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Morning sickness- I have to eat right up till I go to bed and I even have pretzels in case I wake up starving or else I get horrible morning/all day sickness but other then that flashes of nausea here and there lasting a few minuets to a few hours

Tiredness- I need naps here and there to get me through the day

Toilet stops- constantly

Cramps- not as bad since I hit the 5 week mark I find if I drink plenty of water they are not as bad

Cravings- ICY POLES (good for the morning sickness to)

Fun time with DH- We wont dtd anymore scared it will do something to the baby *eyeroll*

Can't think of anything else any way a few personals

Twilight Angel hope you are ok

Indig0 welcome I remember you welcome

Decaf Jane I remember you when you were TTC #1 (that was a while ago now)

possum good luck today I have my first scan tomorrow

AFM 6 weeks tomorrow wow it has gone fast I have my scan tomorrow I have a risk it could multiples (wonderful family history)

#32 Wanting#3

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

View Posttwilightangel, on 28 January 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

kaylzzz - mines confused, lol. It started off going side to side, them went in circles and then back to side to side.

Maybe you are having twins lol

#33 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Welcome, indigo! When are you due?

Twilight- OUCH! Hopefully it is ok and no damage. Congrats to your friend though :-)

Perpectual you will never believe what I'm carrying home with me today.....that I just HAD to have. Dumplings! I went to the place that sells them frozen so I can hear them up at home. Yummmmm. Just need to find some appetite and dig in.

Kaylz I thought the test was for when you have a big bump? Maybe it just looks more impressive that way haha, it's not like the sex of the baby will change between now and 30 weeks.

As for me...I'm such a der-brain. When does baby brain kick in? I thought today was Monday so I went home early (get to finish early on Mondays). It wasn't until 40min after I left that I realised. Oh well....

#34 twilightangel

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

kaylzzz - your not the first to suggest that. My dr said I could have a dating scan because he wants to know if I am carrying two, lol. Will find out in 2 weeks.

Just saw my dr, I have a lot of bruising but he doesnt think anything is broken etc. Cant send me for xray either so lots of ice and rest. He reassured me that 'sprout' is nicely protected so not to worry. Its such a relief.

#35 elemeno

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Twilightangel-ow! Hope you are all ok.
Getting really nervous with only 3 days til my scan. Expecting to be told I'm not pregnant! Silly really, but it still doesn't feel real.
Anyone else nervous about having a miscarriage? And now I've scared myself silly reading about autism,which is a real fear of mine (having looked after many kids with autism)
So much to stress about :(

#36 cbmum

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Twilight - I hope you're ok after your fall. What a good mummy you are making sure your little one was ok first to your own detriment. I remember doing something similar but with a beer whilst riding a bike down a hill in rottnest. Very dramatic but did not spill a drop :cry:

Kaylzz did you have your scan today??

Just wanted to let you know I got my bloods back and its definitely happening. HCG is 23000 not sure what that means but apparently we're on. I had Gestational diabetes with my other two and so pretty happy to hear my glucose was normal too. Double high five........ to no one.

So for now, we're good. I'm going to focus on that.

x

#37 Wanting#3

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Cbmum, I got my 8 week scan on Friday!

It couldn't come soon enough lol

#38 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

High five, cbmum!

Elemeno, it's natural to worry. But you know what- worrying doesn't help anything and we're always told that stress is detrimental to the bub....best to just let things happen as they do. As long as you're not consciously doing anything reckless to harm yourself or the baby of course!

You can't improve the odds or change genetics by worrying xxx

#39 DecafJane

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

Iliketoflounce, that was a long time ago! I was lucky enough to only TTC for one month with DD. But I enjoyed the support of the TTC group in that time. :)

Twilightangel, I hope you are okay! I'm glad bub is okay, too. How terrifying.

I agree that there is always something to worry about. I was more terrified of a miscarriage last time than I am this time - even though I would be very upset if it happened. But when they are over 20 weeks, you worry about still birth. And when they are born you worry about SIDS. And so on and so forth. I have had some lovely and beautiful friends who had absolute tragedies happen and there was nothing they could have prevented by worrying about it beforehand. I just think the best thing to do is to enjoy what you have while you have it and be happy in the moment. :)

#40 Perpetual Sound

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

Koala Tea Time - that's gold! Among all the sickness, I swear they were some of the most delicious dumplings ever!

Possum - how did your scan go yesterday?

liketoflounce - good luck for your scan today!

elemeno - i think the nerves about a miscarriage are always there, particularly if you have experienced one in the past. Before the dating scan of DS, I had absolutely convinced myself there was no heartbeat. At the time I was crumbling under life stresses - my dad had had an accident which resulted in his leg being amputated the day of my scan, my cousin had lost her baby the week before at 22 weeks and was having the funeral, I had to present a seminar on the same day, and I was a week away from my exams. I was a ball of stress!
When I got to the scan I was completely defeated and lost the plot when the sonogropher put the scope to my belly and a little heartbeat could instantly be seen flickering away. It was the most amazing moment! I think I cried with relief the whole 1.5 hour drive home!

This time round its completely different - I'm so much more relaxed. I really think knowing what to expect helps this time. Plus my toddler is VERY busy which keeps me distracted. My one super blues day was the day that DS was at daycare last week so I had the day to myself to send myself insane.

If you can find things to do to distract yourself it might help. Also (not sure how this will sit with you), you can download Marie Mongan's birth affirmations and rainbow relaxation. I found these great to listen to when my head was going - they let you zone out of the crap and tune into your baby.

Not much happening here - I forgot how morning sickness works in that you can be vomiting and starving at the same time!

Oh and just out of interest, how are all you nurses out there going with your nerves and how on earth are you holding it together at work with MS and fatigue?? The smells would set me off instantly!!

#41 Indig0

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostKoalaTeeTime, on 28 January 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Welcome, indigo! When are you due?

Perpectual you will never believe what I'm carrying home with me today.....that I just HAD to have. Dumplings! I went to the place that sells them frozen so I can hear them up at home. Yummmmm. Just need to find some appetite and dig in.

KoalaTeeTime you made me laugh, here I was thinking I haven't really had any specific cravings and then I realised I have had dumplings about 3 times in the past week, including making my DH stop in at this amazing dumpling place when we had no time the other day, I think he is coming around to the fact that there is no point fighting a pregnant woman's hunger!

Im due Sept 1, it's not really sinking in that is the very beginning of the month - it's going to really creep up on us I think

elemeno, I am totally with you on the worrying, I try and try not to but my brain can't help it! I have to read anything and everything that could possibly happen, I was also extremely nervous leading up to our 7wk scan, and was so incredibly relieved when she said all is good. My FS has been wonderful though and is going to do another scan for me tomorrow. But I totally understand the nerves it can be paralysing....

#42 Musefan2010

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Perpectual - I'm a nurse, but fortunately I don't work on a ward anymore. I work in a mental health community clinic, so the worst I'm facing at the moment is being in close proximity with clients who don't exactly pay close attention to their personal hygiene! Not fun, but definitely not as bad as dealing with bodily fluids!!!

Elemeno and Indig0 - I'm with you both on the constant worrying. But I am a born worrier! I feel the same way about autism, my nephew has ASD. Currently I feel pretty confident about this pregnancy (which is not like me!), but I think I'd feel even better if I had an ultrasound done..... 2 1/2 weeks to go!!!!

ILTF - you have me craving icy poles now! I have been freezing apple juice boxes, and eating them with a spoon (it's like I'm back at school again!), and that seems to really help.
I hope your scan goes well!

Twilightangel - I am so impressed that you managed to protect your little one even when falling! You're clearly a very protective mother :-)

KTT - I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who was convinced it was Monday yesterday! I was also really confused on Monday when I went to Coles and they didn't have the Sunday Mail..... Fortunately I figured it out for myself, and didn't embarrass myself by asking anyone!

AFM - still feeling really average :-(
Didn't sleep very well last night, alternating between nausea and stomach cramps. I just suddenly couldn't stand having anything pressing on my stomach, so I had to get rid of my PJ pants and sleep in a long t-shirt instead. Looks like I need to go buy some granny nighties!
On the plus side, I am no longer getting lightheaded every time I stand up :-)
I am currently living on salada biscuits and buttered toast. Trying to get some fruit into me as well (still focussing on fibre and my ongoing stomach issues, lol)

#43 Lissy1085

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hi All,
Just dropping in to say hello and I am enjoying reading all your posts- really helps me feel better.

I am so jealous of all you who are having US so soon! My first one isn't booked in until March 14th -12 weeks. I'm not sure I can wait that long.

I'm lucky not to have any MS yet (but I'm sure it will come over the next couple of weeks). However I'm so tired- having a lot of trouble sleeping. I've been waking up about 2am and can't get back to sleep so chasing my one year old around is becoming more difficult.

I hope all of you have a great rest of the week, I'm hoping I can survive the heat, in-laws and lack of sleep!!

#44 ItsTheSimpleThings

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

Just received a phone call from the GP. Blood tests confirm we are 5 and a half weeks pregnant :)

Although I needed no confirmation after my crazy a*se mood swings over the last few days. I threw the biggest tantrum on the weekend because DH wouldn't clear the outside table so I could put a tablecloth on there. I SLAMMED the door, threw the chip packet on the ground and was in a general huff - I turned into a psycho woman! It was so embarrasing! Anyone else having mental snaps?

DH has just headed off for his 2.5 weeks away for work (usually 11 days on, 3 days off but it's an extended trip this time) so I'm hoping the MS doesn't ramp up too much more otherwise the kidlets might be eating 2 minute noodles for dinner every night :p

#45 ItsTheSimpleThings

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

I think we've passed the date for FB discussion (admin, please correct me if I'm wrong).
Is anyone keen to set up a FB group?

#46 Iliketoflounce

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

A FB group has been made please PM me for details

#47 RachH

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hi All
I had a scan today to find that I've had a missed miscarriage. Probably two weeks or so ago. I now have to decide whether to wait and see what happens naturally, take Misoprostil or have a D&C. Very shocked and very sad. Not much to say apart from that. Sorry for being so blunt :(

#48 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Oh RachH I'm so sorry. Be gentle with yourself. Xoxox

#49 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Sorry to hear Rach what a horrible thing to happen to you and what an awful shock it must've been not knowing :( take care xoxox

Sorry to hear Rach what a horrible thing to happen to you and what an awful shock it must've been not knowing :( take care xoxox

#50 Perpetual Sound

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Rach - I'm very sorry for your loss :( I hope you have a good support network around you. Condolences to your DP as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.