Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

silver

#4 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Wow new thread already!

Bronze :-)

#5 Lisags

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hi everyone.  First of all my hugs and sadness for those who have lost their angels.  I can understand your pain.

Welcome to any newbies.

I have posted for a while as I have been waiting for my scan.  It has been a nervous few weeks but we have a heartbeat of 173 and all is measure on schedule.  I have my first ob appointment next Tuesday.

I have had some MS, but it has gotten worse the last few days.  It is not too bad though and it is a good reminder.  My boobs have certainly grown and I have had to loosen them.  I will see how I go with when I need to buy some.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow.  I am not sure what others do out there.  I have been getting my hair lightened for years and usually get a tint that goes on the roots.  I am not 100% sure what my hairdresser uses, because my hairdresser just does it but I guess I will need to tell her and see what she says with whether I need to change things or not.  I am not sure if anyone has any experience with this

I hope I get some sleep tonight.  While I am tried I have found it difficult to sleep generally but also last night was hard to sleep with all the stress.  I'm sure that the weeks will start to tick over now that I am about to get past the 8 weeks mark.

Wishing everyone the best with their journey.

#6 PrincessOopsie

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Hi ladies,
Morning/ all freaking day sickness has been kicking my ass the last 4 days! Luckily Dh has been helping a bit more with the kids and letting me rest.
I am 7 weeks today and look more like 7months I am that bloated!!
Went to a family BBQ today and told everyone I was hung over so the bloated belly seedy look and no alcohol didn't lead the onto me! Whoops lol

Hope everyone else is feeling ok x

#7 twilightangel

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Have had a busy day today. A very close friend of mine went into labour today with her second child. I was asked to look after her older child so I got a small taste of what life will be like with 6 kids, lol. Unfortunately for mum the contractions fizzled out a little so the hospital sent her home. When I dropped her daughter back in the evening the contractions were starting to pick up again and she was having to stop and breathe through them so hopefully it wont be much longer for her. Watching her and rubbing her back through contractions almost had me crossing my legs remembering the pain and discomfort. Cant believe that in a few months time I will experience this again. Luckily the reward at the end is so worth it.

#8 M!ssy

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

That is exciting twilightangel! Hope it all goes well for your friend!

Not much happening here. Waiting out for a scan at the end of the week and trying all sorts of things to minimise the sickness!!

#9 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Hi all! Back to work tomorrow :-( at least it's a short week.

I wish I had scans or appointments to look forward to, but my next one isn't til the end of Feb.
The '8 week' scan was so cool, I can't wait for the next one at 12 weeks. Good luck with yours, Missy :-)

Has anybody else tried those mini-size protein bars, or the protein bliss balls to help their MS? I've only had them on two days so far, but I think they're really helpful! My problem was finding small, protein-rich meals to snack on during work time. Nuts were ok but aren't always practical. The bars are just the right size and require no preparation other than taking the wrapper off.
Normally I don't eat pre-prepared food like that, but desperate times!! I also picked up some Sustagen tonight, so will see if they help too.

Edited by KoalaTeeTime, 27 January 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#10 Wanting#3

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

How exciting twilightangel - time will go so  quickly and we will be there before we know it!

Missy - I have my 8 week scan on Friday! I'm so excited, can't wait to see that little heartbeat!

KTT- feb will come around so quickly, I've been trying to fight through the MS, although it's not to bad ATM, I've had really bad sore boobs though lol! Hope it goes away soon for you.....

AFM - not much either just waiting.....waiting....for my scan on fri!

#11 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

Hi ladies, quick question, did most of you start your morning sickness around 6 weeks? I had quite a sore stomach between 4-5 weeks which just felt like stretching but have felt reasonably good the last three days (will be 6 weeks on Thursday). Having blood test and first us in two weeks but seems like forever away :(

#12 berrysparkles

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

Hi Ez,
Can't answer your question but I have exactly the same dates as you (I think) and no morning sickness yet either ... it is starting to stress me out! Having done lots of googling apparently this can be normal so we should both probably just try and enjoy it while it lasts :)

#13 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Yeah I know I keep yoyoing between just be happy and then stressing :( I have had a tiny bit of nausea early on, it's just these last few days nothing! Two weeks time certainly can't come quick enough would just love to see a heartbeat! Best of luck to you berry sparkles xx

#14 heatherdv

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

I spent the last 2 weeks feeling tired but great, with a really strong appetite.  Hit the 6 week mark today and am feeling so sick this morning!  Only just kept brekkie down.  

Some women seem to last 8 weeks without symptoms.  Enjoy their absence :)

#15 Perpetual Sound

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Ez and Berrysparkles - in my first pregnancy my MS didnt start until 7 weeks - but o my, then it was ON and didnt stop all pregnancy lol. But yeah, its really common for it to not start until after 6 weeks - and sometimes not at all.

It is really hard in the early days when you know your pregnant but you dont feel any different.

#16 Musefan2010

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Oh, you lucky people with no morning sickness yet!
Mine started mid-week 5.
No actual vomiting, but all day nausea.
Nothing particularly helps it, but it's definitely better to have small meals often - an empty stomach makes me feel much worse!

My back pain is all better now :-)

I've been suffering a bit with constipation (sorry if TMI!), which is so rare for me, so when it happens it feels like the end of the world, lol! I went and bought a ton of fruit yesterday.
I think the problem is that I usually have weetbix every morning, without fail, but the milk makes my nausea worse - so I stopped having it for a few days. Plus I've had a fairly carb-heavy diet with lots of crackers and dry toast.
I know you're not supposed to use laxatives during pregnancy, but does anyone know if Metamucil is ok? Or does anyone have any other natural remedies they can recommend?
Sorry to vent about such an icky thing to you guys - but I'm sure my husband doesn't want to hear about it!!!

3 weeks until my first OB appointment, and hopefully some sort of ultrasound! Seems like forever :-(

#17 berrysparkles

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Musefan - metamucil is fine.
Pear/prune juice can be really good too. Dilute with water so it's not so sweet.
If these aren't working there are some laxatives you can take in pregnancy (just not stimulant laxatives like senna).

(I'm a pharmacist but to avoid giving random medical information over the internet, always check with your GP or pharmacist ;)

#18 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

Good to hear your back is better, musefan :-)

I used to have great BM's then got the dreaded 'slowed bowel' of pregnancy....it was so unusual and foreign to me! I made black bean soup one night and something must have been wrong with how I cooked the beans because it went straight through me and DH! I was talking about throwing it out a few days later and DH jokes "nah we should keep it in case we ever want to have diahorrea again (sorry TMI)".

One tip I've heard is that if you up your fibre intake, make sure to also increase your liquid intake to help the fibre along in the bowel. I love prunes so was chomping prunes for a while. It seems to have settled down now though.

Ez- my MS started as indigestion/sore stomach from pretty much day dot. I have messages on my phone to DH from 3rd Jan saying how ill I feel :(
There are plenty of other symptoms out there and up until recently being ill was the only one I was experiencing, but I am jealous of the ladies who have no MS. MS doesn't make me feel 'pregnant' it makes me feel like I'm dying.

#19 cbmum

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Ez and Berrysparkles I hear you on the no morning sickness!! :sick: I was ill immediately with my first two so still not believing it's happening. I did have a massive 2 hour sleep on Sunday though when I should've been getting ready for the skyshow. Anyhow, I had some bloods Friday and then again this morning so hopefully I'll know this afternoon whether we are on or not.

Perceptual - that cake lingerie looks amazing! Those nighties and tops are so pretty. I'm holding off to buy some of the Just jeans maternity stuff which I've heard is great and really reasonable too. They'll probably be my staples over winter so I better wait till I've got a belly ;)

I was addicted to larry lemonade icy poles last time but accupuncture did work a treat for the nausea!

Have a great day x

Edited by cbmum, 28 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#20 Possum88

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a good morning. my MS is getting me down a lot I just want to feel normal for an hour!
I have nausea all day and then around dinner time everyday It gets really bad as I cant stand the smell of meat!
DH is complaining im "no fun" anymore :( im trying really hard but im not feeling affectionate at all and every time he hugs me I feel like im suffocating. has anyone else had this and does it go away?

musefan2010 I take Benefiber every night to help the constipation. my doc said it was fine as I wasn't regular and that was making my MS worse.

We have our first scan today! so excited :excite: cant wait to see the heartbeat and finally find out if its 2 or 1 bub!

I hope everyone has a great day..... I just got sprung by the boss, don't know how im going to get out of this without telling her!

#21 Aphrael001

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hello girls :)

5 weeks 1 day today.

I've just sent my three girls to school for the first time this year! What an experience! I can't wait till I'm holding another little baby, I couldn't even say anything to people who I spoke to today that it won't be my last preppie lol.

I've got nasty low back pain today, constant and annoying! I also keep having to get up in the night and eat or I can't sleep! How annoying! No MS but I didn't get it with the first 3 so I'm not worried. Never know, it could hit me in a week.

I made my first Dr appt for Wed week, very exciting. I'm still terrified of m/c though and had a dream I started bleeding last night, not fun waking to that!

I've also told the captain of my netball team, so I hope she keeps it to herself.

For bowels I love prunes so have them regularly, highly recommended lol.

Good luck to your friend twilightangel.

Hearing of your scans I am so envious! My baby gets a heartbeat this week! Gosh I hope so anyway.

Cheers,

A

#22 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostPossum88, on 28 January 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

DH is complaining im "no fun" anymore :( im trying really hard but im not feeling affectionate at all and every time he hugs me I feel like im suffocating. has anyone else had this and does it go away?

I'm the same. I just want to be left alone! Anymore than a 3 second hug and I want to claw his eyes out. And the thought of kissing has me gagging :spew: urghhhh  DH is also saying I'm really moody and is frustrated that I am so exhausted. He keeps saying "but you slept all night! How can you be tired still?" He doesn't understand that I'm not tired, I just feel beyond drained!  I remember feeling a bit like this with Ethan, but not this bad. Hopefully it passes!!!

#23 Perpetual Sound

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

anyone else started with the cravings?

The other night I made DP go out and find me some Gyoza (chinese dumplings) to eat then backed it up with some cheese cake!! Today I have eaten a whole jar of black olives... WTF?!

#24 Musefan2010

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I'm alternating between horrible stomach cramps from the constipation, then feeling horribly nauseous. At least I don't seem to get both at the same time!

Today's lunch... 2 dry salada's and a frozen apple juice box. I had leftover spaghetti, but just couldn't stomach it. Shame, because it was nice last night! I might be up for it for lunch tomorrow instead.

No real cravings yet, I'm to busy finding things to combat the nausea. I've had a real urge for salty hot chips - but I think that is because of my nausea as well though.

Thanks for the input about the constipation issues guys - glad to know I'm not the only one who is suffering, lol.

I suspect DH probably thinks I'm not much fun at the moment as well, but he's being very nice, and looking after me a lot. At least he seems sympathetic. My BF thought it was hilarious that I was so sick. Delightful! Just because you've been through it yourself already, doesn't make it funny when someone else is suffering!!! Grrr :-(

#25 Wanting#3

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

Sounds like ms has come on in full force for a lot of us ladies!  

Anyone else done the ring test? Done it today out of sheer curiosity and it started going side to side (girl) boy = circles.  Then I done it to my nan and it didnt move, then done it to ds and it didn't move lol so will be interested to see if its real or really is an old wives tale lol

Thought id share and see if anyone else does it!

Sounds like ms has come on in full force for a lot of us ladies!  

Anyone else done the ring test? Done it today out of sheer curiosity and it started going side to side (girl) boy = circles.  Then I done it to my nan and it didnt move, then done it to ds and it didn't move lol so will be interested to see if its real or really is an old wives tale lol

Thought id share and see if anyone else does it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.