Due In September 2014 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
373 replies to this topic

#51 Akadia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostKoalaTeeTime, on 06 January 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Congrats, Akadia!! Welcome :-)

How will you tell your DH? I love stories of BFP reveals.

My DH didn't want a Christmas present so wrapping it up and telling him I got him one anyway :happy:

#52 bindy30

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Sorry Lima for your loss.

koala tee time- re your scans these are generally covered by Medicare ( there is usually gap) not phi so the fact you haven't served your waiting period shouldn't really impact you unless you wanted to go private through an OB then your hospital and OB fees for delivery would not be covered. I didn't get a dating scan last time but I needed a growth scan at 34 weeks as they were worried about the size of bubs. I think it cost me about 200.

Congrats Akadia a nice memory to have your edd on your Nans birthday.

#53 bindy30

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Sorry Lima for your loss.

koala tee time- re your scans these are generally covered by Medicare ( there is usually gap) not phi so the fact you haven't served your waiting period shouldn't really impact you unless you wanted to go private through an OB then your hospital and OB fees for delivery would not be covered. I didn't get a dating scan last time but I needed a growth scan at 34 weeks as they were worried about the size of bubs. I think it cost me about 200.

Congrats Akadia a nice memory to have your edd on your Nans birthday.

#54 LoveMyLife

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

View Postmadammuck, on 04 January 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Hi ladies! Congratulations to you all.

I'm gunning for position of vaguest of the group, this is our third (DS2 is nine months) and it only occurred to me yesterday to test, I'm 5 weeks four days and due September 1! How did I miss this?!!!!

We're in shock, this is much earlier than we'd planned, but I must admit its really nice to know that this will be our last baby and we can start to move forward as a complete family after this.

... That said, we are going to be insanely busy and I am terrified!!!!!

My bean is a surprise also. AF has been all over the place so I wasn't going on cycle dates.
I was becoming aware of symptoms similar to my other 2 pregs. Bad back, achy legs, needing the loo all the time, tiredness and just a strange sensation down there. I checked my cervix and it was really high and firm, I knew then I was pregnant. 2 days later I POAS and it was a strong positive.
My son had just turned 11 months, wasn't expecting this at all, im going to have 3 kids at home! lol

#55 yoonseon

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm so sorry to hear, Lima. :-(

#56 LetsGoWalking

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to all who have been so lucky! I tested yesterday and today, and got two strong BFPs. AF was a week late, but cycles have been a little crazy, so was waiting for some signs (sore boobs, very achy back, twinges and very tired).
We have been trying for #2 for 7 months so are super excited. Nervous though as still early.
My Dr doesn't reopen until next Mon, should I wait till then or bookwith another practice for blood work/confirmation etc? We fly O/S next week for 2 weeks and I think im already just over 5 weeks. Would love some advice xxx

#57 madammuck

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

LetsGoWalking, congratulations!!! We tried for a while with #2 as well, I know the feeling when you finally get there!

I always think that if you're keen to get things underway, it's best you do, just for peace of mind.

You could see another GP to get the blood work and results and then have all the info transferred to your normal GP anyway.

My GP said that I wouldn't need a dating scan this time around but I called her back a couple of days later asking for one anyway. First trimester is hard enough, it doesn't need to be made harder by waaaaaiting waaaaaiting waaaaaiting and then asking yourself the inevitable "what ifs?".

LoveMyLife - funny how often these things seem to happen. You'd think we'd have learnt by now! Congrats :)

#58 bindy30

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Letsgowalking congrats. Guess it depends if you need à referral to OB best to get I straight away as many book early. My experience at the GP was very different to my first pregnancy my dr ran bloods and did my referrals for the nt scan. This time around my usual GP was on holidays the one I got wouldn't do any bloods she said no point with a positive hpt. She wouldn't even give me a referral for the nt scan.  I cannot get into my OB until 15 weeks but luckly he will send a referral for the nt scan Before I have seen him. I think second time around I am a bit more relaxed about things.

#59 3littlegents

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Hi ladies and congratulations to you all.
Tested yesterday and surprise #4 is on its way.
Not sure how that happened but I guess counting cycle days and withdrawal method is not known for its reliability. LOL
We have three boys (8, 6.5 & 3).
Not going to dr anytime soon as we miscarried twins in September and I just want to wait until 8 weeks this time. Monitoring will just add to the worry.

Edited by 3littlegents, 07 January 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#60 Akadia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Congratulations to those who have joined the last couple of days.

Just a quick update

Waiting on a call from my GP with blood test results.

Feeling lots of twinging the last few days, nausea after eating, a bit dizzy at times and starting to get some CM.

I'm 4w4d today - to be confirmed with a dating scan in a couple of weeks.

Anyone else have any early symptoms?

Also anyone know how to get the lilypie ticker working? Tried the long link and the short link and I'm stumped!

#61 deejie

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Wow, here I am. Didn't think I would find myself in the Due in September group! DH and I only just decided last month we'd stop "not trying" as opposed to "trying" and see what happens over the next 6 months. Yikes! :) Haven't told him yet.... only found out this morning when the smell of burnt toast stuck in my nose all morning and it clicked exactly why. A super sensitive nose has always been my first symptom.

I have DS1 (4 years) and DS2 (just turned 2), so will be #3 for us.

My head is spinning! What am I doing here? lol

#62 yoonseon

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hey guys, just checking in. Hope you're all well and not feeling too sick!

Akadia, I'm also waiting on blood test results. Had my test this afternoon. THANK GOD THAT'S OVER! I hate needles!

Just out of curiosity: have any of you told anyone yet? Aside from your DHs/DPs and these forums?

#63 rhubarbandcustard

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hey all :)

I'm "in", for now at least.

I have a "complicated" history, and am of "advanced maternal age", so I am not convinced that I'll be hanging around.  But I've decided to be positive, and try to enjoy it while it lasts.

EDD 15.9.14

I have one awesome kid who just turned six, and twins that died in 2010, they should be about to turn three.  I also had a m/c almost 2 years  ago, and I was pregnant for about 24 hours last month.

Maybe this one is my rainbow, maybe not, but I'm going to enjoy every twinge of nausea in the meantime :)

Lara

#64 Akadia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

View Postyoonseon, on 08 January 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Hey guys, just checking in. Hope you're all well and not feeling too sick!

Akadia, I'm also waiting on blood test results. Had my test this afternoon. THANK GOD THAT'S OVER! I hate needles!

Just out of curiosity: have any of you told anyone yet? Aside from your DHs/DPs and these forums?

Yoonseon - I have already told 3 people besides my DH without my DH's knowledge - can't believe I've already told 3 people!!

One is my sister who I tell everything to and is really supportive, another is my best friend and the third was a work friend who guessed so I couldn't lie!

Just goes to show how good I am at keeping my own secrets!

Have you told anyone?

#65 yoonseon

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostAkadia, on 08 January 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Yoonseon - I have already told 3 people besides my DH without my DH's knowledge - can't believe I've already told 3 people!!

One is my sister who I tell everything to and is really supportive, another is my best friend and the third was a work friend who guessed so I couldn't lie!

Just goes to show how good I am at keeping my own secrets!

Have you told anyone?

I've told my parents. I was at their place when I did my test, so I couldn't not say anything! And they're over the moon, especially as this is #1 for us! I'm planning to tell my sister when she gets back to the country next week.

I also have a private blog with a few followers, and I've posted something in there. Other than that, I haven't told anyone else. I figured that my immediate family are really the only ones I'd want to share a miscarriage with (as well as DH, of course), so I didn't mind telling them. DH hasn't bothered telling any of his family yet. LOL. He's a lot more cautious than me. And better at holding in his excitement. =P

#66 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

View Postyoonseon, on 08 January 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Nope. We're trying to not breathe a word about it to anybody until week 15, if possible. At least until after the NT scan or we get a Doppler/intravag US to hear the heartbeat.

HOWEVER....my mum is now talking about booking a three week trip to Cambodia mid-October.

I'm torn, I really don't want her booking her trip and then later regretting it because she may have wanted to stick around here with me and the baby.
But then if we tell her, DH is going to insist we tell his parents...who in turn will tell every man and his dog this side of Cape Town. And I don't want that. Especially not at only 6 or 7 weeks.

We don't know what to do :-/ my mum may still want to go on her holiday, but it feels like we're cheating her out of the chance to stay.

I'm also desperate to stop having to lie and trying to conceal my (all day) sickness, and abstaining from drinking around friends and family.

#67 yoonseon

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

KoalaTeeTime: Hmm, you're in a bit of a pickle. :-( I guess I'm lucky that DH isn't *that* close to his family, so doesn't really care when they get told. LOL. Can you negotiate with your DH about JUST telling your Mum because of her potential trip? Surely he'd understand that much...? Tell him you want to tell her because of that, otherwise you'd be happy to wait? Or is there some other round-about way you could convince your Mum not to go away then...?

#68 Akadia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Just got my test results - 4-5 weeks pregnant - YAY!

#69 yoonseon

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Yay!!

#70 bindy30

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Yay Akadia.

Welcome rhubarb custard thinking of you and hoping this is a sticky one for you. I am what is classed as advanced maternal age as well. I will be just shy of 38 when I have this one. I was 35 nearly 36 when I had my DS.

My morning sickness has really kicked in today. Bang on 6 weeks. A friend recommended Blackmores Morning Sickness tablets. Whilst I am not being sick I have this all day ill feeling. It hard to focus at work. My boss asked me a question yesterday just as a wave of nausea hit it was hard to think. Based on last time I was ok at around 13 weeks.

#71 Oriental lily

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hi all thought I would pop in. Had a scan today due to cramps and bleeding last night and it showed a viable pregnancy with a foetus as 6 weeks 1 say giving me a due date of second of September.

I thought I might of been in the august group but I think I ovulated a bit later in my cycle.

The is my fourth pregnancy. I already have three girls aged 10, 5 and 3.

I am 37 and will be 38 once baby is due so I am also one of the advanced maternal age gals.

How about this for something freaky . My second  daughter was born September 12 . So I was in the September 2008 due group. My third daughter was born on September 6 making me part of the September 2010 due group.

Pregnant again and I am part of the September 2014 group!

It seems in the last three pregnancies dh and I have conceived with the same two week time frame. The two weeks just before Christmas.

Must be the Christmas carols!

Barry white eat your heart out lol.

Anyway I hope I can join this 40 week journey with you all.
So sorry to hear about those who have already lost their little angels.
I thought it was all over last night. Still not out of the woods yet due to having a threatened miscarriage.

Anyone else loath the first trimester?

Just a big stress fest.

#72 Scarletphoenix

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Nice to have some "older" Mums in the group I say! I am 35, will be 36 when bub arrives.

Totally agree with Oriental Lily about finding the first trimester so stressful.  I thought it would be better second time around and I would feel more relaxed. Instead I keep comparing everything I am feeling to whether it was the same last time and worrying that I am less nauseated or that the line on the HPT is a little less dark than the same DPO etc etc.

I do wonder if there is something in the Christmas cheer also! We had been trying for 8 months this time around and I was having irregular cycles (never irregular until after DD) with really short luteal phases (5-8 days) which I put down to stress. So perhaps the holiday relaxation did the trick.

#73 madammuck

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Congrats to those who have joined over the last couple of days! Exciting times!

My hormones are out of control and I'm an irrational lunatic.

For those who have already have EDDs given to them - did your GP go by date of ovulation or last missed period?

Edited by madammuck, 08 January 2014 - 10:41 PM.

#74 Amymatildakate

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:31 AM

I'm going to get bloods today. I'm so paranoid something isn't right because I feel fine, not even nauseas.  Other than DF, I have told 3 people at work and that is it. People that I would want to support me if things aren't ok.

#75 Oriental lily

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

Amymatildakate this is my fourth pregnancy and I have never has MS in any of my pregnancies. The only early symptoms I get is tender bobs, a bit extra tired and a strange craving for KFC!

Definitely get some early monitoring if it will ease your mind though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.