Due In September 2014 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
373 replies to this topic

#351 cbmum

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Big love to you Tmay. It's a horrible time especially on your own..... X

#352 Kris123abc

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Trish- our thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Spend time with the people who care and look after yourself till hubby comes home. xx

Welcome all the newbies! It's great to have so many Sept babies. Wishing you the best for the next 8 months.

When I booked my hospital today the midwife said there were heaps of deliveries already booked in for Sept, so Dec/Jan must be a fertile and footloose time indeed!

AFM had my first Ob apt at 8 weeks on Friday and saw baby on the screen with a heart rate going 100 miles an hour. Was pretty cool but it hasn't hit yet that this is really happening. Does it become more real when you show?

#353 M!ssy

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Kris I don't think it felt real until I was holding DD! Even when I started to show, I was still in denial!

Had a dream last night that I was having an u/s and they said it was a boy! I hope that comes true!! However the baby looked more like a prawn on the screen :)

#354 DecafJane

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

Elemeno, thanks for the reminder, I probably should book this one into daycare. Although my first currently attends full-time, so you tend to get preference over new applicants, so probably not as stressful as the first time when we had to find her a place. I think I'll wait until I'm at least 12 weeks along. I don't think I'll go back to work until July/August next year after leave if all goes to plan. But it feels too tenuous at this stage. I'm so early, the only thing I'm planning right now is to order some looser (maternity) tops from ASOS to cover my bump better for another 7 weeks.

Kris, it got a lot more real for me when I could feel (and see) DD moving. When you can feel the hiccups, kicks, bumps and nudges, it is hard to deny that there is a little person in there. :)

#355 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

I know it's early, but does anyone know where you can buy plus size maternity bras and singlets? I remember having ALOT of trouble finding them last time, and ended up getting some that were too small and was ridiculously uncomfortable!

#356 Wanting#3

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Hey ladies, how are we feelng? I'm exhausted, was DS 3rd birthday today! Omg !

Was a fantastic day, he had so much fun! I'm so tired now and was exhausted come 2pm! Had some nausea, but feeling ok now.

So excited to be getting my 8 week scan on Friday!

My boobies are so sore, dh isn't allowed to even touch at, (lol sorry tmi)

MDS - I know kmart have a fair bit there? Also target as well!

#357 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Thanks kaylzzz I'll go and check them out.

The exhaustion is torture. I fell asleep on my lunch break at work today! I told my boss I had been up alright with Ethan and that's why I was tired, even though he slept through haha

I've been invited to a work cocktail night next week and now I need to figure out a reason to not go! I can't just go and not have cocktails cause my team will know something is up straight away cause cocktails are my favourite :-/

#358 DecafJane

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Gastro? Nobody questions gastro. And nobody wants gastro, so they are happy for you to not show up. ;)

#359 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

Ha I was thinking that, but I have work on the same day so I can't show up for one and then say I have gastro for the other, I might just say I have family dinner or something lame like that, plus, I could always make it real haha

#360 Iliketoflounce

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

MDS what about codeine for pain (as soon as you have alcohol you faint not a good idea learnt that the hard way)

or antibiotics and in feb you could be doing that dry feb thing

DS could have gastro and you need to save DH from him

Edited by Iliketoflounce, 27 January 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#361 CC2014

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Hi all,
I'm new and am 29 and 6 weeks (1 day) pregnant with my (and husbands) first!
Have been watching this board and am excited to join now, as had cramping on my right (quite bad) and a bit of a dodge stomach and my GP wanted to rule out an ectopic pregnancy, so yesterday after 6 hrs in the women's and children's (Adelaide) I had a scan and all is looking as it should! Very relieved after a stressful few days.
DD 21 st Sept

Sorry I'm not addressing personal posts now but just wanted to introduce myself.
CC

#362 LoveMyLife

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hi lovely ladies, i have been MIA as we have moved interstate, it will still be a while before i can be on properly, but welcome to the newbies, and sorry to the mums experiencing loss.

Im now 8+6 and feel soo tired and dry retching all the time. My DS turned 1 last week and also started walking! So now i have 2 toddlers to run around after.

Hope everyone is well, special wave to the other canberra mums, im new in town (hint hint).

#363 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Lovemylife, I'm in Canberra too :-) where abouts are you?

I'll give some personals to all you lovely ladies so I'm not a stranger :-)

My name is Amanda and I'm 22 (23 in May) as above, I am in The Berra ;) I've been married for 2 years in May, and we have a almost 2 year old son, Ethan who is in my sig. I *think* I'm approx 5w3d and am going to a drs on Wednesday when my sister can watch Ethan for me :-) this baby was a siurprise baby, we weren't going to start planning for another til next year, but such is life.  I love cats. But DH won't let me have one :-( And I love cake.

I am terrified of this pregnancy. My pregnancy win Ethan was terrible. I am a type one diabetic and it wreaked havoc with my pregnancy last time. I so so so so so badly would love to try for a VBAC but I'm not sure if I will be able to.

I'm so excited at the same time though! Hopefully everything goes smoothly!

#364 DecafJane

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

Twilightangel, we were due within a few days of each other in August 2012, too!

#365 M!ssy

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

Lovemylife so nice to see you pop by, hope the move went ok!

#366 elemeno

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostIliketoflounce, on 27 January 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

MDS what about codeine for pain (as soon as you have alcohol you faint not a good idea learnt that the hard way)

or antibiotics and in feb you could be doing that dry feb thing

DS could have gastro and you need to save DH from him
Yup, could be on antibiotics for a throat infection then do Feb Fast. I am pretending I am doing Feb Fast this year as have a girls weekend away booked & not drinking would be very suspicious.
I told my gfs I was doing feh fast and they suggested we move the weekend. I was like, umm no I'm busy every other weekend til we go to the US for 3.5 weeks in March. Close call ;)

Welcome Mrs DV!
Ethan is gorgeous, congrats on baby #2 :)

#367 twilightangel

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostDecafJane, on 27 January 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Twilightangel, we were due within a few days of each other in August 2012, too!

:) seems we were up to the same thing at the same time twice, lol.

#368 DecafJane

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hehe, awkward. :p

Febfast is a great idea!

#369 Perpetual Sound

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hi all,

I hope you're all enjoying the long weekend!

Re maternity bras - I can highly recommend the bras from http://www.cakelingerie.com/ They come in all sizes including plus size. They are a bit on the expensive side but they are of excellent quality, very comfortable, and have the added bonus of helping you feel a bit sexy :)

Not one of the sexy bras - but the Cotton Candy bra is FANTASTIC for your changing boobs through pregnancy and feeding - its extremely comfortable to wear and much more functional for feeding than some of the other bras that I bought. I also found it comfortable to sleep in in those early weeks of feeding where you need that extra bit of support.

Mum wanted to spoil me a little last pregnancy, so I requested a gift voucher to their store which was great and saved me a bit of $$$

#370 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I need a new bra :-( the ones I have now feel like they're suffocating me.

But I think it's too soon to get a 'maternity' bra....I don't need to nurse yet! Not sure what to do hmmmmm

Thanks for the link, perpectual :-)

#371 Emily of New Moon

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Thanks for the tip re maternity bras, perpectual sound. Last pregnancy I just got Kmart / target bras but I think I need something especially fitted this time from a specialty shop.

I had my dating scan last week and everything is measuring exactly right with a strong heart rate of 160.  Was so relieved!

#372 bindy30

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Tmay so sorry for your loss. I hope your family can support you at this difficult time.

My toddler is really testing me today. They pick on you at your weakest moment. I am feeling a bit off and trying to rest on my bed. He proceeded to crawl all over me, drop a shoe on my head. My husband is working so I am dealing with it all today!

My favourite maternity bras were the Berli barley there. I went to a 16 Dd and they still felt like they gave nice support. My boobs haven't exploded early this pregnancy so I might get away with my normal bras for a bit longer.

#373 RachH

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Trish, I am so sorry for your loss. I really hope you are okay and have support whilst your husband is away. Thinking of you. Thanks for sharing your story too, it's scared me a bit as I have been spotting over the last week, on and off and it's mostly dark blood. Will see my GP tomorrow. I am in Canberra for those other ladies who mentioned they were also. I'm starting to look pregnant already which is scaring me. I'm going to be huge! I have an appointment at the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit at TCH on Wednesday. My GP thinks I may need to be seeing the Fetal Medicine Unit through this pregnancy. Hope you are all well, and again, sorry for those who have had losses xx

#374 ~A2~

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.