Due In September 2014 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
373 replies to this topic

#26 yoonseon

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

View Postlittle_bug, on 04 January 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

How's everyone feeling? I don't really feel pregnant yet, though I am very bloated and my pants are tight already. I have a feeling I'll be showing earlier this time around!  According to bloods I'm 5-6 weeks, but may check this with a dating scan if I can convince the Dr. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

I didn't really give many details about myself: I got a positive result from an HPK yesterday and AF was due yesterday. In terms of symptoms, the nausea has begun, I have this horrible taste in my mouth most of the time, I'm SO tired (like I can just lie down and sleep whenever) and I keep getting hot flushes randomly throughout the day.

Other than that, very excited! HAHA! Due date is apparently the 12th. :-)

Edited by yoonseon, 04 January 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#27 *LiMa*

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

No symptoms here yet, I only tested because I wanted a baseline 'I definitely wasn't pregnant in January'  with plans to test very 2 months until I got a bfp or my cycle back.  Although if my other pregnancies are anything to go by, come next weekend I'll be falling asleep standing up during the day, with insomnia during the night, and super headaches in between.

#28 *LiMa*

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Sorry mods, didn't realise we had the 1 month rule

Edited by *LiMa*, 04 January 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#29 bindy30

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

Tmay- congrats I found exercise has helped with tiredness. I ran and cycled until about 14 weeks and did squad swimming right up until I delivered.

koalateetime- depending on your age a nt scan which is undertaken at between 11-13 weeks ( including blood tests) is undertaken to determine risk factor for main chromosomal abnormalities is pretty standard .

Lima- congrats busy times ahead but it will be great to have a family of 3 and what an amazing story after your ivf journey!

#30 madammuck

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Hi ladies! Congratulations to you all.

I'm gunning for position of vaguest of the group, this is our third (DS2 is nine months) and it only occurred to me yesterday to test, I'm 5 weeks four days and due September 1! How did I miss this?!!!!

We're in shock, this is much earlier than we'd planned, but I must admit its really nice to know that this will be our last baby and we can start to move forward as a complete family after this.

... That said, we are going to be insanely busy and I am terrified!!!!!

#31 madammuck

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Oh Lima I just saw you're in the same situation, I'm so glad I came on here!

#32 Scarletphoenix

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

LoveMyLife it is good to hear someone else is not feeling so sick this time around.  I am feeling really nervous about my lack of symptoms. At this point with DD I had constant nausea, tiredness and a weird metallic taste. This time I am feeling fine. Hope everything is okay and it stays this way! Who knows, maybe it is a boy this time!

#33 MsPowell

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hi I am going to join in here too. I got my BFP on the 30/12 and think I am just over 4 weeks with my first. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow to confirm everything. Very nervous and excited about the whole thing!!!

Congratulations to you all on your BFP

#34 bindy30

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Scarlet this is my second as well. Over the last few days I was beginning to worry about lack of symptoms after a few days of sore boobs and nausea around 4 weeks I have had nothing. Today thàt yuk mild hangover type feeling hit me just shy of 6 weeks now which is when it kicked it last time. I think enjoy the lack of symptoms when they last you never know when they are going to hit.

I feel I am showing much earlier too. My sister asked me on xmasday if I was pregnant I was only 4 weeks and hadn't even tested! She said my stomach looked more noticeable.

#35 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Is anybody else finding they're really tired all the time now? I have always loved sleeping, and been a champion lazyholic, but would get bad headaches and feel groggy when I slept too much.

Now it's like I can just sleep for ages, multiple times in the day, and have no negative effect. Other than wasting precious weekend/daylight hours...

#36 yoonseon

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostKoalaTeeTime, on 05 January 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

Is anybody else finding they're really tired all the time now? I have always loved sleeping, and been a champion lazyholic, but would get bad headaches and feel groggy when I slept too much.

Now it's like I can just sleep for ages, multiple times in the day, and have no negative effect. Other than wasting precious weekend/daylight hours...

I could have written that myself!

#37 MsPowell

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Yes I am always tired atm! My first big sign was a 3 hour nap last Sunday, test on Monday was positive. I have had a nap everyday since, two today...

#38 Amymatildakate

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

Hi ladies. I got my  bfp last week and retested today to make sure it wasn't another chemical pregnancy, stronger bfp today. Looks like I am due 14th September, still need to have a blood test. I have 1 DD who is 23months, had HG with her and am hoping I don't get it again.
Symptoms so far - massive sore boobs.

#39 yoonseon

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

How many weeks in are you ladies? Anyone else paranoid of miscarriage? >_<

#40 MsPowell

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

Yoonseon - yes I am always worried about miscarriage. Going to the doctors today so hopefully she will help me to relax a little. I am the same day as you 4 weeks and 3 days. How did you get the little ticker in as your signature?

#41 yoonseon

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostMsPowell, on 06 January 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Yoonseon - yes I am always worried about miscarriage. Going to the doctors today so hopefully she will help me to relax a little. I am the same day as you 4 weeks and 3 days. How did you get the little ticker in as your signature?

I'm going to the dr tomorrow! :-) I'm probably going to talk about being worried about miscarriage, also. I'm so desperate just to make it through the next few months!

Umm if you click on mine, it should take you to a link where you can get your own. :-)

#42 Tmay0183

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Koalateetime -  Id be pushing for scans.  your dr sounds a bit dodgy if she is not sending you for scans till 16/40.  i asked for mine the day after i got my two lines and saw the doc.  and i was still not technically late for AF.  my scan is this friday and ill be 5+2.  
if she is too laid back then change drs.  I'm an emergency nurse, so i see a lot of all the bad things in pregnancy (ectopics, miscarriages. bleeding etc) so I'm super on top of asking my dr what i want and when.  they are pretty good I find, when you push them.

still no nausea for me (touch wood).  looking forward to fridays scan.
have a great week ladies.

#43 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

She's my GP since forever, I think maybe she's laid back because she's in a bulk billing practice? When I got the first BFP it was the day I thought AF was due but it was faint so she made me come back a week later to retest...so this week will be three weeks in a row I'm seeing her :-P she's not rushing at all.

But I just want the referral to the birth center!!! Also I'm kicking nmyself that I didn't upgrade my health insurance til May last year...that means any non-routine scans/tests aren't covered. Bugger! By May this year I will be like halfway through already (touch wood).

#44 SummerSoul

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

KoalaTeeTime - I'm completely in the same boat. Christmas Day, had a nap for 2 hours. New Years Eve was asleep at 10 and yesterday was napping on and off most of the day. So thankful hubby's been on holidays to keep an eye on Little Miss until now.
I'm also one who sleeps very easily but this is crazy haha

#45 SummerSoul

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Ps. Sorry to hear about your health insurance.
I think pushing a little for a scan sooner is good advice

#46 *LiMa*

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Hey ladies, as suspected, this wasn't a sticky one, more than likely due to my dodgy progesterone issues.

Good luck to you all

#47 madammuck

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Lima I'm so sorry for your loss.

#48 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Does anybody know about how much a Doppler scan or internal ultrasound would cost so we can hear the heartbeat at around week 7 or 8? I'll ask my GP for a referral when I go on Thursday.

So sorry to hear that it didn't stick, Lima :-(

#49 Akadia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Joining today - haven't even told my DH yet!

Got 2 very strong positives today- 2 days late and went to the doctor today - also positive test.

Waiting for my bloodwork tomorrow!

Lots of twinging and feeling nauseous - thought I was just getting over jet lag!

The amazing thing is that my tentative due date is 13/9 which is my Nan's birthday (she died last year on my birthday) so would be a special date for me.

Wishing everyone the best of luck xx

#50 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Congrats, Akadia!! Welcome :-)

How will you tell your DH? I love stories of BFP reveals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.