Due In September 2014 Chat Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
373 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to you all!

I have made this the general chat thread for you to talk and share, I will start new threads for this group at about 100 posts.

Please take a moment to read the rules and guidelines for this area (pinned at the top of the page) - especially regarding Facebook groups.

Feel free to start your own threads as well if there is anything specific you would like to discuss or keep separate.

Also please PM me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Congratulations again!

Ali

#2 MummaofMacey

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Gold! EDD 1st sep waiting to see some others here soon :-)

#3 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Congrats, workinmumma! When did you get your BFP? I'm going to my Dr for confirmation on the 2nd so hopefully I can have an EDD soon!

#4 nellieb

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

*waves*

EDD either 30 August or 2 September. Given DD was 2 weeks late I think it is safe to assume I will be having a September baby again all going well.

#5 MummaofMacey

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

Whoo congrats koalateetime and nellib! I got my bfp on Christmas morning after being 3 days late was a lovley present for hubby and myself although no one else besides my sister knows or will know until 12weeks due to 2 previous miscarriages..... When did u guys find out and how are you going for symptoms?  My biggest tell tale sign is migranes and the sorest boobs!  :-)

#6 nikkibaby1

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hi! I got my bfp last sunday edd is 5/9. Havent been to gp yet will probably go the week after next.
This is my 3rd baby.
Af is only 2 days late as of today i tested at 10dpo due to having heartburn and yep it was a bfp on a first response then did a digital a few days later and got pregnant 1-2. No symptoms yet but i didnt get morning sickness until after 12 weeks with my other two. Btw my youngest is only 9mths. This bub was planned but we didnt think it would happen the first go.

Edited by nikkibaby1, 29 December 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#7 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

Congrats, nikki!

AFM- I tested on CD28 and CD29, both BFP.
Going back on 2/1 for confirmation with GP. I saw her on 24/12 and it was faint positive urine test, but it was too early for her to be confident to proceed as if it was the real thing.

My boobs didn't get sore, but they did get itchy! I had mild headaches and nausea and cramps/twinges in my pelvis which told me something was up. Either AF from hell or BFP. I just came off Implanon late November so had not had an AF since it was removed.

#8 bindy30

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Hi ladies congrats to all. This is my second my DS is 17 months is birth date is 14 Aug.

EDD is 3rd Sept so my babies will be just over 2 years apart. My Dr wouldn't run a blood test ( I got a strong positive on HPT she said she didn't see the point of running blood tests. Different approach to my first preg but I guess I am a bit more relaxed about things) so my first scan ( 12 weeks) is not until 26 Feb.

Chat soon DS has just woken up

#9 nellieb

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

I was getting horrible pelvic girdle pain, tiredness and nausea until a few days ago and then it all stopped. I'm feeling fine at the moment so I guess I will wait and see if it is just a lull in symptoms or whether the pregnancy has stopped progressing.

#10 nikkibaby1

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

Well ladies i am spotting and did a test and line is very faint. Calling an early loss here. Good luck to the rest of you. I am sad but better now then later on down the track.  sticky baby dust to you all

#11 bindy30

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Nellie b symptoms come and go as your body adjusts to the hormones. I felt ok for a week or so then ms symptoms hit me again today.

Nikki baby1 sorry to hear about your loss.

#12 LoveMyLife

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hi all, we found out on the 27th that we are due with bub number 3.
A woopsie surprise!

I'm still BF my DS who was born Jan 2013, cycles still all over the place so I'll need a scan to confirm dates.

Congrats mammas :-)

#13 Tmay0183

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Can i please join? I'm 4 weeks today.  tested on CD 26 (due to having strange lower abdo pain and dizziness)  and had a positive and on CD 27 went to dr and got a blood test.  the result was positive.  very early still.  we have an uss booked for the 10 jan.  will be 5+2
The sad things is that my DH will be leaving for 10 months overseas on the 14th so he will miss the whole pregnancy and the birth, but after 19 months of an Infertilty diagnosis and scans, fertility drugs,  surgeries and the threat of IVF we are just stoked that we are pregnant.
im hopping its a sticky. my boobs are sore and feel like they are bigger already.
hopeing for a stickie and really hoping that everything goes ok.

#14 little_bug

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hi! I'm tentatively joining, due around late august/early September. I got my bfp on Christmas eve. This will be #2 for us :)

Congrats to you all!

Nikkibaby1 I'm so sorry for your loss.

#15 Red Mollie

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Hi everyone

Only 4.5 weeks, due early September. Confirmed today with a blood test. This is my third round of IVF and will be my first.

Excited, nervous and hoping for a heartbeat at the scan in a few weeks!

#16 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hi Little bug! I got BFP on Xmas eve too :-)

My Dr thinks I am a week behind what I thought I was though, so that means probably second week September EDD.

Congrats, and welcome, Red Mollie!!

What a happy story, Tmay- after all the trying and waiting to have a success!!! Fingers crossed it sticks like superglue for you.

#17 yoonseon

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hey everyone! Congrats to you all! I'd love to join. I'm only 3 weeks in with #1, so I guess it's a tentative join since it's still early days!

#18 Scarletphoenix

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Hi everyone.
Got a BFP on New Years Day. Am now 4 weeks. DD is almost 18 months, so this is #2 for us.  Less nausea this time round which is nice!
Wishing everyone all the best for a smooth 9 months ahead.

#19 little_bug

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hi all, great to see some more girls here! I'm surprised that even though this is my second baby I'm still so anxious about the whole process! I joined a dig for my first pregnancy and found it incredibly supportive and we are still in touch today :)

How's everyone feeling? I don't really feel pregnant yet, though I am very bloated and my pants are tight already. I have a feeling I'll be showing earlier this time around!  According to bloods I'm 5-6 weeks, but may check this with a dating scan if I can convince the Dr. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

#20 Tmay0183

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Little_bug....symptoms?  my boobs are hurting like crazy and I'm rather tired.  been exercising and that helps with the fatigue.  this is my first pregnancy and I'm hoping to keep my fitness going.  I'm a pretty fit person normally so I'm hopping that that keeps up.  i think with my husband not being here will make it easier to pass the time with exercise.

I'm looking forward to my scan next week.

just a question?  all the books say don't eat under cooked meat.  however i LOVE my steak med rare and last night we went out and i ordered medium and it was horrible.  tasted like old boots.  an anyone help me out with their experience?

#21 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

I've got what feels like non-stop indigestion/queasiness, and am pretty tired most days. Yesterday I came home, ate some toasties, and slept from 5:30pm til 9:30pm. At least when I'm sleeping my stomach isn't bothering me.

The Dr took blood from me on Thursday, and I have to go back next week. It doesn't sound like she will refer me for any scans until like 16 weeks. Does that sound right? I had to convince her for a referral for a CVS (I'm worried about genetic problems...probably for no good reason though). I really wanted the 6 or 7 week Doppler to hear the heartbeat, too. I'll ask her about that next week.

She just seems so laid back, and I'm worried about missing out on a place in the birthing centre I want to go to...

#22 little_bug

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Sorry to hear Tmay and koalateatime! Though in a way it would be comforting to have symptoms. I pretty much  managed to avoid ms before so hoping that I'm lucky again.

Tmay I'm not sure about undercooked meat but from memory I ate medium steaks through my last pregnancy and will do the same this time around. I'm more concerned about deli meats and salads. Maybe check with your doctor?

Koalateatime I had a us at 8 weeks last time and it was just offered to me, which was great!  I also had another us at 12 weeks to check for any abnormalities. Can you book into the birth centre without a referral? I'm planning on ringing my ob on Monday as I waited till 3 months last time and that was way too late to get the one I wanted!

#23 LoveMyLife

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

I'm roughly 5 and a half weeks, nausea has just kicked in, but no vomiting yet (with my previous two I started spewing as soon as I POAS).

No sore boobs either which is good, I'm still breastfeeding and I would like to keep feeding for another 3 weeks at least until my little dude turns one.
I am really tired though, we move interstate in 2 weeks, I'm busy sorting all of the crap associated with that, and I'm trying to get as much done as I can now before I feel ill, although I am hoping this pregnancy I don't have hideous symptoms like my others.

Hope you are all well.

#24 *LiMa*

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Hi ladies,

I think I might be joining you, I got a feint bfp today.  I'm not 100% sure of dates! because I still haven't had AF back since I had DS almost 6 months ago, but based on dtd dates, I'm estimating I'm due around September 12th.  This will be our third, our oldest is 11, and the baby is 6 months this week (born in July)

I'm in shock, we only decided just before Christmas we were going to start trying again.  Our second baby was conceived with IVF after more than 4 years ttc, so to back it up with a one hit wonder is kind of amazing!  That said, I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet until I get some blood tests done, because I was diagnosed with a progesterone deficiency when pregnant with #2 and had to take supplements twice a day until 12 weeks - hopefully I can avoid it this time around because it's ridiculously expensive!

Look forward to chatting with you all!

#25 SummerSoul

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

So exciting ladies! I'm a possible joiner too after a faint bfp about an hour ago. However, I just FEEL pregnant. This is our #2 with my girl turning 4 in March. Estimating I'm due 2nd week of September but hope to find out for sure soon :)

My cycle was due to start a week ago and have had lower abdominal pains, passing flashes of nausea and tiredness. Think I'm roughly 3 weeks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.