Jump to content
Due in Group Info and Guidelines
No replies to this topic
Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:02 PM
Welcome to the Due in Group.
Please feel free to join the group for the month in which your Due Date falls**.
The support that members can receive from a Due in group is a special thing and it often leads to long term friendships.
Once all the babies are born a parents group will be opened for your Due In Group.
The Chat group threads are only to be opened and closed by a Moderator as this saves confusion.
Group Size Do not be daunted by the amount of people who are posting in the group at the start, the DIG's are a very popular area of the boards but do slow down as the threads (pregnancies) progress.
Signatures. I know this is a really exciting time in your lives and you probably want to tell the world (and the EB world) your exciting and often long awaited news (and rightly so) but bear in mind our EB signature rules ie. that only one image is allowed at one time (one ticker or banner for example) and that the size of your sig should not exceed 30 kb.
With the popularity of FB we have set some rules how they operate:
1. These DIG threads are moderated and if any issues arise I am here to help, if issues arrive in a FB group they are not to be bought onto this thread.
2. DIG groups need to be at least one month old (from date of first post after mine) before FB groups are to be mentioned
3. When the group is started one member needs to be in charge of joining/inviting new members etc. This member can have their contact details (ie name and link to profile) in the pinned post for the group (which I will start at the relevant time) and members can then PM that member to request an invite. Members are to be invited once they request it and contacting all members to join is not allowed (classed as spamming).
4. Members who are the contact for the group need to have a post count of at least 50 and have been a member for at least 2 months. It would be handy if they have an email contact too as members sometimes have problems with the PM system.
5. Continuous posts in the DIG re FB will be removed/edited.
6. Members are free to join one or both of these sites. A lot of groups run both and it does work well, don't forget to post on EB still though original.gif as some members do not have/use Facebook and it would be sad to see them miss out on this group/chat etc.
As your moderator I am here to help so please pm me if you have any questions or feel there is a problem in your Group.
Congratulations on your Pregnancies and I look forward to sharing the next 9 months with you all.
**FYI: We also have a Specialised Pregnancy Support Groups can be found here and you are welcome to post in both areas if it is of interest to you. It is a great place to find extra support if you have health concerns or specialised pregnancy concerns.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.
We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.
If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.
If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.
Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.
Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.
Men and women both experience work-family conflict.
Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.
Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.
Top 5 Articles
From our network
As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.
Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.
Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.
Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.
Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.
See what names are trending this year.