What are you wearing Christmas Day *fluff*

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Christobelle

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Every year I buy a new outfit for Christmas with the aim of feeling fabulous and gorgeous. Some years it is a beautiful maxi dress and some years it is more sexy, rocker mum look.

This year I am stuck.

So, hit me! What are you wearing this Christmas?

#2 Agnetha

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm going to dangerfield next week to look for a new frock. I have a fab little red frock for dd . I love a Christmas outfit

#3 OneRungAtATime

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I get a new outfit each year too.

Getting a dress to match my new heels :) Probably blue, as heels are silver.

#4 NastyMuddyPuddles

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

I've been struggling with this as I can't find anything I really like that I can also bf easily in :(

Going to try again tomorrow for a nice top and skirt / pants so I can just lift up the top, as no dresses I've found are accessible.

#5 ~Nic~

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

I always buy a new dress for Christmas... haven't got it yet, but I'm hoping for a floaty, girly maxi dress... must start looking soon...

#6 Nasteh Llamah

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

For only the 2nd time in 17 years I'm going to a restaurant / hotel for Christmas lunch and don't have to either cook the entire meal or at least a few contributory plates and do the washing up.

I don't care what I wear, lol.  I plan to eat.  Everything.  That someone else has cooked and someone else is going to clean up after.  I also plan on having all of the wine.  And champagne.  And chocolate mousse with strawberries.  And maybe a small rum.  And prawns.

I may go naked.

Or stay in my jammies.

I don't care as long as I'm not cooking, lmao!

:xmas_tongue:

#7 BeYOUtiful

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

This dress
http://www.jeanswest...inted-maxi.html

#8 OneRungAtATime

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostBeYOUtiful, on 09 December 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

OOH! I love it!

#9 Freddie'sMum

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

You ladies are so organised !!

Our plan is to roll out of bed (hopefully not too early) - spend most of the morning in our PJs.

Then go to Mass (obviously getting dressed first).

Then back home - and I am thinking of getting back into my PJs then :)

I am the wrong shape for dresses - so will probably just wear a nice trouser / top (smart looking) combo for anything we do outside of the house on Christmas Day.

#10 Nasteh Llamah

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Postmrsznasty, on 09 December 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

I shall be wearing clothes.

B-O-R-I-N-G

:D
:D

#11 Justaduck

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

I was going to make a cheesy snowman bump shirt if I was delivering after Christmas but considering I will be 5 days post c-sec probably a light dress or ugly maternity shorts & a top.

http://www.cafepress...omens-maternity

#12 Finch

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

A family member kindly offered to buy me a new outfit for Christmas this year and this is what I chose.

http://m.dotti.com.a...e-running-short

And this:

http://www.sportsgir...leeve-tee-black

With new black and silver sandals.

#13 BeYOUtiful

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

I love those shorts PP.

#14 The 8th Plum

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Xmas morning I suspect I will be wearing the clothes I was in on Xmas Eve, having flopped into bed exhausted by wrapping every present and then assembling a trampoline in the back yard by torchlight.

#15 baddmammajamma

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

I will be wearing a bathing suit/swimming costume/whatever you want to call it because...

We do the world's lowest stress Christmas on the planet!

I cannot wait to relax at the beach, with no relatives to feed. Just the sun, surf, and my immediate family.

(works well for me)

Happy dressing up to everyone who loves to dress up!

#16 F.E.B.E

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

This, without the plaits and festival makeup:
http://www.asos.com/...CFQZVpgodpUoA3w

Probably with some bright accessories.

#17 MakesMeHappy

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostEBeditor, on 09 December 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

This, without the plaits and festival makeup:
http://www.asos.com/...CFQZVpgodpUoA3w

Probably with some bright accessories.

This is lovely!! I wish I had the figure to wear it

I will be wearing a new black and white maxi from target. I normally wear a white/cream dress on Christmas so I am mixing it up just a little this year

#18 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

we have the sickly sweet matching xmas shirts with reindeer headbands thing happening this year. we have 5 xmas parties so figure at least it will save the 'what to wear?" fuss in the morning.

#19 au*lit

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

Thermals, fleece, ski pants and ski jacket. Accessorised with a woolly beanie, scarf and waterproof gloves :D

#20 oliboli

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

This

Attached Files

#21 Christobelle

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

View Postoliboli, on 10 December 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

This

DD4 is standing over me and comments:

"that dress is so pretty, you should try and wear that mummy"

#22 Aspiring2BaGiraffe

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'll be in denim shorts and a Christmas shirt and my green havianas. I'm all about comfort!

#23 Beqa

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

EBeditor - ran out of likes, so for the dress:

#24 PixieVee

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

HALP. I am in the market for a green full maxi skirt for Christmas day... I can't find one I like *pout*.

#25 Tinky Winky Woo

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

TO open presents my PJ's as DH is giving me a beautiful green lace dress similar to another poster's white one (from ASOS) but mine has a flare skirt and belt.  Then I plan on wearing the dress when I am given it.  No shoes and no makeup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.