#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 HappyWomble

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'll start the thread - Am feeling a lot better today. Hopefully able to get some real work done for a change. I'm 6dp2dt so nothing to see here.

Where is everyone else at?

ETA Boobs just doubled in size and am weirdly dizzy in a way I haven't been before. Please be EPS, not stupid crinone!

Edited by HappyWomble, 01 October 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#3 Sassi

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'll claim silver!

HW - big boobs is a good sign! Glad you a feeling a bit better and in your 'happy place'.

I feel like I am on the roller coaster at Luna Park - what a ride! Still feeling nauseous but boobs are not aching as much as they have been, but have had a back ache for the last 2 days and have been peeing like there is no tomorrow. My right ovary has also been cramping on and off today - quite uncomfortable. Still have no idea if any of this is real but AF still hasn't turned up.

BT tomorrow morning, then all will be revealed......

#4 146 Lucina

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Sassi, - I hope the roller coaster pulls up a happy place for you. Good luck for tomorrows BT. I'll be thinking of you. :pray:

Womble, - Early days, but hopefully your symptoms mean something. Good luck for the rest of your TWW! When is your test date again?

AFM, - CD 36! Still waiting! :whistle:

#5 emski72

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Good luck tomorrow Sassi!

#6 HappyWomble

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

I know the boobs are crinone pure and simple. The dizzy was different.

So glad everyone has turned up at the new thread (I'm sure those who haven't posted are lurking!).

Sassi - big good lucks for tomorrow. It's all sounding hopeful!

Lucina - day 36?! Waiting for O or AF? And I'll be getting my BT next Wednesday, the 9th.

emski - just, you know, hi and stuff. ;) How's it?

#7 emski72

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hello lovely Womble - I'm feeling a bit jaded in all honesty! Lol... it's my last cycle with my own eggs and I have to say I'm pretty relaxed about it - on day 4 of a 12 day cycle - first scan on Monday. I've even had a beer on a couple of my stim days (never would have done that on any other cycle).
How are you going? When is your test date?
I find the TWW the hardest - I try not to get the crazies, but always do!
Luci sorry to hear your AF is still missing - I got to CD41 or something - try some parsley tea, can't guarantee it will work but it did for me - just steep a bunch of parsely in boiling water for about 15 strain and drink - it's supposed to bring on AF.

Em x

#8 spring_rain

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

HI girls,

Sassi, sending you lots of good vibes for a sticky

HW, more good vibes for you too!

Luci, hope AF shows up soon

Em, glad to hear you are feeling relaxed on your last cycle.

Hi to everyone else

AFM - had my first jab last week - I've been using elonva, so just the one, for a while, then started up orgalutran a few days ago, First scan today, I have 2 big leading follicles more than 20mm, and quite a few smaller ones between 12-17mm. EPU likely over the weekend or Monday, I think at this stage.

I haven't been on as I've been feeling dreadful - on Friday I blamed the elonva, but as the weekend went on it was obvious it was the flu. So I've spent the past few days dosed up on panadol and nasal sprays  :no:

Edited by spring_rain, 02 October 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#9 Sassi

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for best wishes but unfortunately it is a BFN for me this time around.   I raced out of the middle of a meeting to take the call and then had to go straight back in - awful. Am on my way home to Brisbane now, drink in hand at the Qantas club. At least there is one bonus for a negative!

HW - the crinone completely messed with me and my system - hope your experience is not as bad.

Springy - hope you are feeling better soon!

Luci, emski - thinking of you.

Edited by Sassi, 02 October 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#10 emski72

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Sorry to hear that Sassi ...it never gets any easier
Em xx

#11 halby

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hey Sassi I am really sorry to hear of you result. It is so hard to keep moving forward positively when you dont feel positive. I am glad you got to have that drink, and hopefully a few more.

Spring rain sounds good for your stimming. I think you might get a few good eggs. Will they go after the smaller ones and sacrifice the bigger if it looks like you will get more?

Hey Emski day 4 so well on your way. You are stimming same as me, I think I am day 5 today but clinic have classed me as day 4 today with getting to baseline before we started.

Happy I would have said same about crinone ofr boobs but the dizzy is NOT crinone. I have a good feeling for you. When is your beta? Fingers crossed for you

Hi Luc wow cd 36 you ladies amaze me. I on the other hand just finished a 20 days cycle.

so yes I am stimming now again. I only had a short cycle and starting spotting day 15 when I went in for the scratch. It did hurt a little bit but only takes 1 minute and can tolerate it if it helps. It was hard to determine the af though as the scratch causing spotting too. So after many bloods later and I new it was a definate day 1 on Sunday but on day 3 went for bloods to confirm baseline and did my first injection that afternoon. So we are being aggressive with puregon 400 and 100mg of clomid for 6 days also. Never done anything like that before. I go for my first scan and bloods tomorrow and am nervous. Had the horrible night sweats last night but maybe thats just the hormones not knowing what to do. I just hope that this time being an antagonist cycle that my e2 is rising and not my p4. And first time as well as I will be using cetrotide instead of orgalutron. So fingers and toes are crossed, but I cant help feeling nervous. FS told me I have about a 7-10% chance of conception, but hey its still a chance. I dont know yet what my amh retesting came back at but am guessing it was still low for the drugs being used.

I will pop in again over the weekend and keep track of you all. Happy good luck hope the dizziness continues. Emski good luck with stimming and Spring all the best for epu. Luc I hope AF shows up soon

#12 HappyWomble

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

halby - I looked it up and apparently dizziness IS a symptom of crinone - boo hiss! But this is the weirdest kind of dizzy. Like I've been hyperventilating, but I haven't. Stupid IPS!

#13 HappyWomble

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Sassi - That's not cool at all, especially having to get the news at work. At least you're back in Brissie now.

emski - why is this your last cycle with your own eggs? Did you set a date? Sorry if I'm prying.

springy - you having EPU over the weekend? I hopy your flu is clearing now.

luci - you still waiting?

halby - 7-10% chance is still pretty good! All fingers crossed!

AFM - Do you get different crinone symptoms in different cycles? I'm getting the dizzy spells most of the day now. I feel like I've been hyperventilating, but without the hyperventilating. A little tingly as well. Stupid crinone!

#14 Sassi

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

HW - mine was a bit cyclical in that I didn't have any nausea at all in the first week and then it was every day in the second week. I was dizzy a few times, especially if I stood up too quickly, not a normal problem for me.

Halby - good luck for this cycle, hope the new protocol does the trick!

Springy - FX for your EPU!

Em - it is very comforting to hear that someone is able to chill a bit in the middle of a cycle.

Luci - Have you tried acupuncture to bring AF on? Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture are both useful to 'reboot' the system.

AFM - taking a break and enjoying a few wines and some good food over the weekend. Hope you all enjoy your weekend too xx

#15 emski72

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hey Womble, I 've just had enough, we said we'd give it until the end of the year with our own eggs. I'm impatient and pretty much have my life on hold due to IVF.

#16 HappyWomble

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Emski - I TOTALLY understand the whole life on hold thing. We're a little on hold too, not just with the IVF thing, but because we plan to foster but won't until DSS moves out (he doesn't want to share his home with possibly troubled kids and that's fine), and we're actually wanting him to stay with us as long as possible. And DH is still trying to figure out what his next career move is and how to get there. ARGH!

Sassi - thanks for letting me know your experience with crinone. My dizziness isn't the lightheadedness of standing up too quickly, it's like I'm flooded with oxygen and I feel it most when sitting still. Weird. Stupid crinone.

Have a great weekend everyone!

#17 spring_rain

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Em, I feel like my life's on hold b/c of the IVF thing, too.  :no:

HW, how are you going?

Hi Sassi, Halby and others

Went in for a scan and BT, I have a large number of follicles and E2 is nearly 9000, but they will only see me again for BT and scan on Monday. I'm quite concerned about OHSS,

#18 emski72

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Springy have you had it before? Are they b telling you how many follicles you have?

#19 HappyWomble

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

When do you let yourself get excited? I'm 12dp2dt, so 14dpo equivalent. No sign of AF. Still feeling woozy. Blood test on Wednesday morning. I don't have any HPTs and don't intend to test ahead of the blood test. This stage last IVF AF had already shown up in full force. :whistle:

#20 Sassi

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

HW - FX for a positive. In my case, AF didn't turn up until 4 days after I stopped Crinone, so that was 19dp3dp or 21dpo equivalent. For someone who is usually lucky to get to 11dpo it was shattering to get a negative BT  (at 19dpo equivilant) as I was thinking because AF hadn't shown up and I was nauseous etc.. that it might be the one.........

Keep the faith until Wed xx

Em - I also have my whole life on hold for IVF, including passing up fab job that required massive amount of glam travel because it would be impossible to fit in all the appts etc..... FS has also stopped my running program to reduce any stress on my body and make sure I am not overheating, so now I also feel like a lazy flabby lard a*se to boot!

Springy - hope you get some good news from the BT and scan today.

AFM - day 3 of pathetic AF and have been nauseous all day, like really nauseous. I can't imagine it is still the Crinone working its way out of my system but who knows???? Meeting with FS on Tues.

#21 emski72

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Sassi, yeah I've passed up two job offers and also was planning on starting my own business, but just can't at the moment.
Womble, you're stronger than me! I would have POAS 100 times over by now all the best for Wed.
Good luck with your follow up Sassi.
Springy are all your follicles mature or do they count them all irrespective of size?
I had scan today with 14 follicles looking mature and a few more not far off, Pregnyl trigger tonight and EPU on Wed, so it's all systems go.
Hello to our other ladies
Em xx

#22 HappyWomble

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Oh good luck emski!!!! 14 follicles sounds very promising!!

I'm spotting so I expect to wake up to a full force cramps and all AF. One more cycle before the end of the year I reckon.

#23 Sassi

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Sorry to hear that Womble - big hug xx

I am trying to decide if we go straight into another cycle or wait until Nov for our last cycle of the year. I have been feeling really blah for the last week, so leaning towards waiting a month but will see what FS has to say today.

#24 HappyWomble

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

AF and out.

Sassi - My clinic will want me to do and BCP cycle then a fresh IVF. I might ask if we should change the protocol at all. They don't do back to back fresh cycles.

Good luck for your EPU tomorrow, emski!!!

#25 emski72

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Sorry to read your update Womble :(  - it's crapola every time with those BFN's.
Em x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.