Post your forum upgrade bugs here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
776 replies to this topic

#101 Therese

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

View Poststop the tony!, on 27 July 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

I can't hover and get a preview of a thread?

If you go to the list of topics for the forum and hover over the topic an arrow should appear to the right hand side of the title. Click on that and you have the preview of the first post :)

#102 Therese

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

Thanks so much for answering the questions cinnabubble :)

#103 cinnabubble

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Just tell me to STFU if I'm getting in the way, Therese.

#104 Therese

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

No you are not at all :) We really appreciate it :)

#105 jules095

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostEBeditor, on 27 July 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

The new IpB version no longer includes the quick navigation drop down box (I miss it too!)
I've just discovered the 'Quick Navigation' tool under 'Quick Links' on the left <~, but can you get rid of the old DIG's (the archived ones from 2011-2013). They used to just disappear, but have been constant since the last upgrade.

Also, can the current parent/DIGs groups in the navigation in question, be a a clickable link (eg Parents Groups 2004, 2005, 2005, eg), rather than expanded?

#106 Fright bat

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

View Postcinnabubble, on 27 July 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

The mobile version is experiencing some problems. They're advising people to hold off on using it for a little while.

Dammit. Wish I'd seen this before changing to it! Now stuck on it...

That's it. Back to doing work. Can't cope with the mobile version.

#107 cinnabubble

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostAvadaKedavra, on 27 July 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Dammit. Wish I'd seen this before changing to it! Now stuck on it...

That's it. Back to doing work. Can't cope with the mobile version.
Delete your phone's cookies and it'll be back to the standard site.

#108 Lorem ipsum

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

I actually prefer the 10 postd per page, but if it is impossible to get this user set is there a way to jump to the top of the page if you are at the bottom or in the middle of the replies?

#109 Paddlepop

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

View Postjules095, on 27 July 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

I've just discovered the 'Quick Navigation' tool under 'Quick Links' on the left <~, but can you get rid of the old DIG's (the archived ones from 2011-2013). They used to just disappear, but have been constant since the last upgrade.

Also, can the current parent/DIGs groups in the navigation in question, be a a clickable link (eg Parents Groups 2004, 2005, 2005, eg), rather than expanded?
Ooh, thank you for this! So much quicker and cleaner!

#110 cinnabubble

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostLorem ipsum, on 27 July 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I actually prefer the 10 postd per page, but if it is impossible to get this user set is there a way to jump to the top of the page if you are at the bottom or in the middle of the replies?

I use the "home" button on the PC.

#111 Paddlepop

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostLorem ipsum, on 27 July 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I also prefer 10 posts per page. It would be great if there was a quick way to go back to the top of the page, like a "return to top of page" link.

#112 Paddlepop

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Postcinnabubble, on 27 July 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Another brilliant thing I've learnt today! I think that we need to make cinnabubble an honorary moderator for the day after all of the help she's provided in this thread.

#113 Therese

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

View Postjules095, on 27 July 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

The parents groups aren't expanded to me. They are a clickable link.

With the archived DIG's do you mean remove them totally from view ?

#114 Fright bat

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postcinnabubble, on 27 July 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Delete your phone's cookies and it'll be back to the standard site.

Thanks!

#115 Expelliarmus

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm having to double tap on a topic to get it open.

How do I know if I'm using a mobile option because I'm pretty sure I'm not ...

#116 JRA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

I also prefer 10 posts per page. It would be great if there was a quick way to go back to the top of the page, like a "return to top of page" link.

I can answer that, there is this little cool arrow icon at the bottom of the page on the line that has "mark community read   help " on the left. It takes you to the top of the page, it is cool

#117 TheWizardsGirl

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

There used to be a drop down list of forum names at the bottom with a "go" button to allow you to go straight to another section.

This.  Or maybe I just can't find it?

#118 VigilantePaladin

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

As with all the previous forum upgrades(showing my EB age lol) it will take a bit to get used to but I'll get there.

The only criticism I have is Usernames. Are you able to make them larger or bolded?  At the moment they are very hard to read.

#119 jules095

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostTherese, on 27 July 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

The parents groups aren't expanded to me. They are a clickable link.

With the archived DIG's do you mean remove them totally from view ?
For me, Parents Groups (in Quick Navigation/Forums) from 2011, 2012 & 2013 are all expanded.

Re Old DIG's... Yes. The used to stay visible a month or so after the DIG month, then disappear. Since the last upgrade, they have just stayed.

To make the quick links smoother, it would be nice for them to be gone, or at least migrated into the Parents Groups for that year IYKWIM. :)

#120 jules095

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 27 July 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

It would be great if there was a quick way to go back to the top of the page, like a "return to top of page" link.
Go down to the bottom of the page. In the center of the blue line, above the EB/EK links, there is an arrow in a circle. It's the 'Go to Top link'.

#121 Therese

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostTheWizardsGirl, on 27 July 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

This.  Or maybe I just can't find it?

Unfortunately that is one of the things the new software doesn't have. We do apologise :)

#122 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostEight.years, on 27 July 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Also, is there any way of making the username at the top of each post slightly larger or bolder.  It's disconcerting when a post starts with a quote, because the name of the quoted person is so much larger and bolder than the name of the actual poster that you have to take time to sort out who says what.

Its really hard to understand which bit is each post as it all blends. A different colour or bigger size would be heaps better.

Edited by kriattica, 27 July 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#123 Lorem ipsum

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postcinnabubble, on 27 July 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Any way from a phone?

View PostJRA, on 27 July 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I can answer that, there is this little cool arrow icon at the bottom of the page on the line that has "mark community read   help " on the left. It takes you to the top of the page, it is cool

Thanks is there an equivalent part way down the thread? or do you have to scroll all the way to the bottom or the top of the thread to navigate out?

#124 Therese

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postjules095, on 27 July 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

For me, Parents Groups (in Quick Navigation/Forums) from 2011, 2012 &amp; 2013 are all expanded.

Re Old DIG's... Yes. The used to stay visible a month or so after the DIG month, then disappear. Since the last upgrade, they have just stayed.

To make the quick links smoother, it would be nice for them to be gone, or at least migrated into the Parents Groups for that year IYKWIM. :)

Ignore me, I now know what you mean :) I will have a look and see what can be changed with the quick link section.

I will also do some tidying up of the parents groups. I may not get to that right away but I will get to it :)

#125 cinnabubble

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Any way from a phone?
In my Iphone, I touch the top of the screen, just under where the time bar is and it takes me to the top of pages.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.