Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 MarsBarSlice

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Gold

GooGoose - Life pretty much sucks and is so unkind to the most deserving people like yourself.

10 years is fantastic, congrats on a great milestone

Look after yourself, thinking of you  bbighug.gif

#3 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Fine, I will claim silver (under duress - I like to win or come last wink.gif)

Great coffee and banoffee pie yesterday TNMN - the kids are going great!

Now to vent - in my two hours off yesterday A was late getting up then decided he "had" to do something before I left (kids were in the bath so no question of me just leaving). Then he calls me at about 11.45 asking to buy sliced bread. "What's wrong with the bread in the fridge?" I ask, naturally. "I can't slice it - it's too hard"

Honestly?

It gets better - I get home and he Hasn't sliced it but have told the kids they have to wait until i come home to make them a sandwich oomg.gif

not reinforcing gender stereotypes at all there - and you can imagine how much respect I felt for him at that moment!

Today he wants to go see some friends (I was 50/50 because we're all at the end of a cold) but I have decided that he and the boys are going to see them and I am staying home and having some time alone for the first time in a million years before I punch someone.

I can't wait. biggrin.gif

#4 Caramel Latte

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Bronze...

DINO: That would drive me nuts! Enjoy your alone time and hope A makes it to end of day. I know my DH is lucky to be breathing still.

DINO & TNMN: Yay to great meet up yesterday.

waves.gif  MBS: How are you going?

Thinking of you both APHRAELL and GOOSE xox

SHADOWESS: how was your Darwin trip?

JDU: Hoping you get some positive news on the job front ASAP.

MUMABUG and KEY4: Hope you are both doing ok xox

Hi to all I missed.

Edited by Caramel Latte, 14 July 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#5 Mamabug

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Sorry guys, can't get head around replies atm. Hope things look up for you all.

Feeling a bit 'too much stuff in my head' today wacko.gif but did have a lovely holiday with the family. Have fallen in love with cottage in blip in thwe middle of nowhere and want to buy it as a 'rural retreat'!

LadyBug needs to see GP to get referal to paed to get her seroconversion/immunology stuff checked...cause they like to be thorough. But she is perfctly healthy apart from the constant cold and suspicious rash!!!!

#6 Caramel Latte

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Mumabug;  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  Glad you had a great holiday tho. Hope Ladybug gets seen ASAP.

#7 Caramel Latte

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Aphraell: How are you and your husband going? How was your scan?

Mumabug: Hope today is a better day for you.

Hi to all I have missed!!

AFM: Trust my luck to fall sick, the day before school starts... Brought a cheap car so OH could get to work but yet to be picked up, so have that extra running around tomorrow too. So not happy, just feel like crawling back to bed and sleeping.

Hope all are well.

#8 Caramel Latte

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

As if my posts weren't worded bad enough, it had to post twice......

Edited by Caramel Latte, 15 July 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#9 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hi all

Big hugs all round I think, there seems to be quite a lot stuff going down right now.

Have a headache, and have done for the last week pretty much. Lack of sleep & associated crankiness is probably the cause.

Thanks again for the catch up Dino, and I mean to say your hair looks great!

#10 MarsBarSlice

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

DinoJen & TNMN - Glad the meet up went well. I still think we should organise another one in Sydney.

Aphraell - That's not good, I hope you and your DH have recovered ok

CL - remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel now that your DH is with you, just a few minor adjustments along the way

Mamabug - great to hear that your holiday went well. Hope LadyBug gets sorted soon

Shadowess - I'm still so jealous of you going away alone, how awesome that would be and oh so quiet, shhhhhhhh

JDU - how's the job hunting going

AFM: All good here. DS2 turned 2 today, OMG. We gave the boys a haircut yesterday as their hair was nearly on their shoulders and they look so different, a bit of an Army look but won't need doing for a while.

I don't know if it's hormones or what but I have this overwhelming feeling for DP at the moment. He hasn't done anything different. I've always known he is a pretty unique catch and we compliment each other like that. I'm even considering talking about marriage with him, but then get cold feet and can't bring myself to mention it.

It's funny timing to feel like these cause my IL's are driving me nuts and I'm ready to throw my hands up in the air and say stuff you all.

That is all!

Forgot to mention I have my next OB appt on Wednesday and am getting paranoid and unsettled about it, happens every time. My main problem is that my placenta is anterior so I feel so very little that it concerns me. I need to just keep positive, somehow.

Edited by MarsBarSlice, 15 July 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#11 Caramel Latte

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hope you feel better asap TNMN, so not easy when not well.

Happy birthday to DS2 MBS! Good luck with your apt.

ETA: Wish I could stop crying over everything... latest being the silly run around by the new (old) car dealers. Brought the damn thing to make life easier, but its been nothing but a headache and we haven't even picked it up yet.

Edited by Caramel Latte, 15 July 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#12 Shadowess

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one... Catching up on everything around here.

My trip was really good... It was nice to thaw out for a few days and I got to see and do some pretty interesting stuff. I don't particularly want to spell it out on the interwebz, but those of you who know which department I work for will be able to read between the lines and figure out what I'm talking about when I say that I've never been more glad to have been born in this country, where the government aren't burning down our cities or sending people to arrest us willy nilly... And particularly as a woman, that I'm allowed an education, which I've had the freedom to access, that I'm allowed an opinion, I can work where and when I want, that I don't need a male chaperone to leave my house and when I feel the need, I can tell my husband to go jump. We're soooo incredibly lucky here... (And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, send me a pm!)

So, that's me. Got tomorrow and Thursday off for school holidays. W're bowling to row, and movies on Thursday. Busy planning Ruby's birthday party as well... Ordered the trampoline today!

Fee

#13 Mamabug

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Can't believe we're all coming up to birthday time again...

I've never had a baby turn two and not had another on the way. It is a strange (yet oh so liberating!!!) feeling. mellow.gif

Thinking of sponsoring a koala at the Port Mac koala Hospital for the kids as a Christmas present this year. They were really excited about what they do when we visited on our holiday.

My two girls start their dairy challenge this Friday - a whopping 50ml of milk a day. I've been eager to get to this one so we can try and work out if they are CMP or lactose intollerant. I'm thinking lactose as they seem to do okay on soy (and a soy reaction can be indicative of CMP), and they both tested lactose intollerant when wee babes. Was hoping they would grow out of it like the other two, but apparent there is still something going on!

Have been told of a good intollerance cookbook that I am going to buy for a bit more inspiration.

But **warning boasting ahead**...

I felt quite chuffed yesterday when I was telling the dietician about the intollerance friendly high tea I have planned for Biggest Bugs' birthday. She asked if I would give her a copy of the menu and my recipes so she can share with other intollerance families. original.gif

#14 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Mama - you call me any time you want to K?

MBS - I was like that with DS2, makes for quite a tedious pregnancy at times doesn't it? I can't believe you're 24 weeks already - time has flown!!

CL - sad.gif Hope you feel better soon and the car is resolved.

AFM - MICE. ARGH. MICE.  oomg2.gif

I tried to get the cat to catch it - the mouse in question could barely move it was so stunned from the poison it had obviously eaten, but no - cat wouldn't go near it!! I need a new cat...

shudder. think I will feel sick all week.

That's about it here, at the end of another bloody cold but hopeful of getting through the rest of winter without another one - two is enough right?

#15 Mamabug

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Dino, if you want to go poison free on the mouse catching (and don't want to empty traps), do you happen to have a ready supply of fresh whey??? blink.gif blink.gif  

Our cow co-owners had a bit of a rodent problem (happens when you also have chooks), and have found a deep bucket with some fresh whey (great by-product of soft cheese making) draws them in like honey and they drown in the stuff.

I want to buy my rural retreat. I've rung the bank, spoken to Himself, spoken to the agent..... I think I am serious about it.....

Willing to PM the link to anyone interested. Although, if you look it up on google maps, the place is so small you really, erally, really need to zoom in before you can find it!!!!

#16 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Send me the link mama biggrin.gif

Also - I'm not really that concerned about using whatever deadly poison will get the revolting things out of my house.

I have just organised for the entire house to be "exit cleaned" this weekend - now I am going to empty all the cupboards and throw away everything. I am thinking of stuffing the environment and just eating off paper plates all the time and never having any food scraps around to attract mice - what, too OTT?

#17 MarsBarSlice

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Mamabug - please PM the link to me. We would love love love to live rural but can't afford the size property we want and jobs are a problem.  Well done on the menu, you are very impressive with your food creativeness, makes me feel even lazier than I already am

DinoJen - we had mice recently when it wouldn't stop raining, yuck. We found that putting those poison blocks in the roof make a huge difference to them being in our personal space.

CL - buying a car is like trying to get insurance or a loan, you have to jump through hoops, prove yourself repeatedly, it cause alot of agony and tension. However once done and delivered, the pain eases quickly. Hope the car saga is resolved soon for you

AFM: DS2 had a fantastic time opening his presents and hasn't put down the digger, concrete truck or steam roller since. I had to argue with him this morning about not taking everything to school drop off and the shops. He gets frustrated cause he can't carry his Jake & the Neverland Pirate telescope as well, has run out of hands and can't stuff something under each arm, so cute.

#18 Mamabug

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

MBS - have you thought of getting him a manbag? Master Bug still uses his hot pink silk one at times!

#19 MarsBarSlice

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Funny you say that Mamabug, you've just given me a flashback. When DS1 was around DS2's age, he emptied the hand bag I used all the time and put his own stuff in it and carried around everywhere with him. He still has it in his room and won't give it up even though he doesn't use it anymore.

#20 Mynewname

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hello all,

Sorry I've been pretty absent. It was pretty hectic with the father in law here but now he's gone. It was actually great having him here. He was really good fun and nice to have another adult to talk with when the children are in bed.

Cl - I saw on facebook that you have had your paed appt today. How did it go? Hopefully its good news for you...

MBS - Happy belated birthday for DS2. Sophie loves bags too. She carries at least one with her everywhere and sometimes 6 or 7!

TNMN - Hope you had a good trip.

DinoJen - Mice...yuck. I'm no good with anything like that. If it makes you feel better we found a rat on the barbie!

Mamabug - You are very clever with your recipes, I think you are within your rights to boast about your skills!

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - Well, FIL has now left and my mum arrives in 2 weeks. I can't wait. I'm already getting sad though as I don't know when they will come back and I don't know when we will go back. Its just so far and so bloody expensive. No news on the job front. Like I said the interview didn't go well, then they sent an email saying that references and security checks would be done in July which got my hopes up but my referee hasn't been contacted so I'm thinking I haven't got it. The worst thing is that in the beginning I didn't even want it but now I have got so close I have changed my mind! And now it looks like DH will be leaving the defence force so one of us needs to have something!!

#21 Mamabug

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

It is Wednesday. Are we meant to have an u/s update today?

Waiting with hope in my heart that all is well if today is the day. If I have my weeks muddled, waiting impatiently until NEXT Wednesday.. unsure.gif

#22 Shadowess

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Dino, get some f the ratsak throw packs, and throw them in your roof. Problem solved. We had lots of mice last year, haven't heard them again since!

#23 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

Link me Mama!

Hi all! waves.gif

#24 Caramel Latte

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hi All,

TMNM: Hope you and your gorgeous children are all well.

JDU: Boo to that job selection process taking so long, while it maybe normal, its not something I have ever had to go thru. Hope news comes asap, even if its a new job interview etc. :-( to DH going away, hope its not for to long and he returns asap. Hope the time with your mum goes really slow.

MBS: Oreo likes bags. Glad that birthday went well.

Dino: Yay to organising the house, hope it stays that way longer than mine did (2 days thanks to DD#1).

Mumabug: Send me link too pls. Hope you are able to get your rural retreat.

Hi Shadowess, Goose, Key4, Aphraell and all I missed.

AFM:

Car: Finally solved, if car yard hadn't been so untruthful things would've been ok. But owner didn't realise we weren't being kept up to date so apologised. Kermit has come in handy and while, its an extra expense will make life that little bit easier (eg 20 min trip to work, 40 mins home (peak hr) instead of the 1hr 1/2 each way on public transport), quick trips to shop for milk etc costs a lot less.

Oreo: Today was the Immunologist and the dietician, the initial hospital card said 17/7 but they made an error and it was actually the 19/7 so all for nothing. Will update on Friday.

#25 Mamabug

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

We over estimated our income by $30 000. Hope that means we are in foe a nice reconciliation surprise. Is it wrong to use govt money as a deposit on an investment property??? Shall send the link layer - should be getting kids lunch made.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.