Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Three Of Hearts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Wow we get a new thread... exciting times! laughing2.gif

Bwok~Bwok bbighug.gif I'm so sorry about your results but as you said it's a good thing the NF came back well within the good range.  Have you had the blood test?

QUOTE (Bwok~Bwok @ 10/07/2013, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But one thing I wanted to ask, do you guys feel pg one day, then nothing the next? All my symptoms seems to be going, 12 weeks today and I'm trying to remind myself that they said it should ease about this time, but the 'infertile' side of me keeps on thinking somethings wrong. Can't bloody win atm. *sigh*

Yep!  When I got to 12 weeks I suddenly started to feel better which had me really worried but the scan showed a happy baby ninja kicking all over the place so I just put it down to being one of the lucky ones who's symptoms ease up in the second tri.  

TarlaP Glad to hear everything is going well!  And wow!! on the nursery package!  I'm not planning on buying anything until at least 20 weeks but I think if I came across something I was going to buy that was $1000 off I'd have to buy it too!

cme I'm glad everything went well with telling work!  And it sounds like telling the ILs wasn't as bad as it could have been!!  And FX that your MIL is too busy helping your SIL to be popping in on you every 5 minutes!!

gumigirl I hope all went well with the NT scan!!  That bleed must have been very scary but I'm glad to hear that all is ok.  Do you have to go into hospital for antibiotics every day?!

AFM-  wwhistle.gif  Still a week till the next OB appointment.  I swear my belly popped a bit more overnight.  I don't think I'll be able to hide it too much longer unless I go back to padded push up bras roll2.gif

Edited by Allie_D, 14 July 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#3 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Tarla - I haven't bought anything, I doubt I will until i'm past the 20 week mark.

CME - glad your work took the news well.

gumigirl - it's bad enough when dr's start talking their talk, but when you have a language barrier, that would be hard. How did your scan go?

AFM: I'm doing alright, but trying to concentrate on the fact that everything on the scan side of it looked good, and not what the BT's come back as.

As for the NIPT test, I signed the paperwork with the OB on Friday and I'm booked in for the BT on Tuesday. It's $1350 and will be around 2/3 weeks to get the results. Until then, I'll just keep on plodding along.

#4 TarlaP

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Bwok~Bwok - Sorry to hear about your NT results. Good luck for the blood test tomorrow, my fingers are crossed for you.

Allie_D & Bwok~Bwok - I wasnt even planning on buying anything until atleast 20weeks either, but my SIL insitsted we go looking at stuff and when i saw the package on sale i had to get it! I was hoping i could lay-by but they wouldnt let me. So now i have boxes in my garage which we probably wont open for a few months!

cme - Thats great news with your work and sharing the news with your IL's. Its a shame that your MIL has that kind of attitude. But hopefully, as you said, she is too busy with your SIL.

gumigirl - How did everything go with your scan? Wow that must have been a scare, but very reassuring that your doctor is always available! Hope your infection clears up soon.

AFM - Pregnancy Pilates was good...i was the only one who wasnt really showing! But today at work everyone is commenting that they can now see my belly! We have our OB appointment on Wednesday which im very excited for. My DH has been amazing lately, yesterday he cleaned the whole house without me even having to ask  happy.gif  

Does anyone know when you would normally start anntenatal classes?

#5 baby4us

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi Ladies,
CME - so happy to hear that the in laws were better than expected. As you and everyone has said, hopefully, MIL is too busy with your SIL to bother you!!!

Tarla - I was thinking about trying pregnancy Pilates also. How far along are you now? It's nice when we start showing!!! I lovely little bump. Awesome that your DH is so supportive!!!mim not sure about antenatal classes. I am wondering the same thing.

Bwok-Bwok - how are you? Hope you're ok. Have been thinking of you. Good luck with the BT tomorrow. Yes, I often feel very pregnant and then quite normal. Someti,es all in one day!! My boobs have not hurt for ages (since about week 8 I think) but I, told by my OB that its quite normal for symptoms go away.

Gumigirl - how are you?

Allie - yay or the popped belly!!! As I said I love mine! What happens at your next OB appointment? Mine is a month away! I feel strange having sic a long wait in between.

Afm - thanks for the tips re my DH. We had a huge chat. He is very nervous and scared that he will hurt the baby. I explained that the OB said its okay and he just said he feels weird knowing the baby is in there. I then burst into tears, asking if I had turned ugly all of a sudden. Of course, my DH reassured me that it's just him. Anyway, we are working on this. Wish me luck!!! I'm getting toey! We have been exploring like you said Bwok Bwok and that's nice at least. It's just weird as for years we couldn't get enough of each other.

I've popped too. Had a belly for a few weeks but it looks pregnant now and not like I've eaten too much. I love it so much and feel very blessed after all this time.
Hope you're all well.

#6 gumigirl

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hey everyone,

NT scan went well - was the first time I got to see bubs in 3D and he/she was kicking and bouncing all over the place. Definately put my mind at ease a little.

Doctor said he won't have the results (like actual, numbers / rations) for a WHOLE MONTH! I don't know if that is excessively long or not... Ultrasound tech said everything looked good. Neck measurements were 1.47...

Allie_D - yep, going into the hospital EVERY day for IV antibiotics. My arms are black and blue from IVs and blood tests sad.gif They've also got me on oral antibiotics. Honestly, I feel like it's a bit overkill, so I'm just going to finish my oral antibiotics and get my levels tested again.

Hope everyone's starting to enjoy their 2nd trimester! It's nice to finally want to eat again!!

#7 gumigirl

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Oh! I forgot to ask....

I was wondering who is planning to find out the sex of their baby and who isn't?

In our case, we are currently negotiating with our doctor to tell us. It's technically illegal for drs in South Korea to tell patients the sex of their child, since there used to be such a high desire for boys.

Some doctors hint with things like, "I think your baby will be a ballerina / baseball player" or "you better paint the nursery blue / pink", or "That's definately not a 3rd leg..." so I'm hoping our doctor will do the same original.gif

#8 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Gumigirl - at first we decided to wait, but then the stuff that has come up with the testing, they will have a definite on what the sex will be and DP has done an about face 'It would be easier to decide on a name!' - we've been clashing heads on names. lol But I don't know.

Tarla - I did have paperwork on when they started, but I can't find it. I'll keep on searching and let you know. GL with your appointment.

B4U - I can see why you thought your DH wasn't attracted to you, not the best combination when you are hormonal. In regards to the 'exploring' it is nice, but it's not the same thing. It's more 'intimate' the other way.

My libido seems to have legged it (if anyone see's it running past -wanna send it back my way - DP will appreciate it) but I still need that intimacy with DP.

Re: belly popping, I doubt I will see anything for awhile yet as I'm plus size. But I am starting to feel 'fuller' in the lower part of the stomach. Also my tummy is tighter at the top, I think the pg is pushing my fat upwards.  ninja.gif lol

#9 Platsypus

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say hello, as I had my first ultrasound today and Im starting to have a better feeling about this whole pregnancy. (It wasnt planned at all, very bad timing, but I was on the pill and yeah... sometimes life just happends original.gif) Im still a bit scared and I really dont know how to tell my family as they arent even living in Australia. (Im norwegian, babydaddy is Australian!) Just hoping I can figure out how this forum is working and get to know the rest of you biggrin.gif Very exciting times ahead for sure, I just need to find a way to tell my family so I can relax a bit original.gif Anyone got some good advice? original.gif

#10 Three Of Hearts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

TarlaP Lucky you having DH clean the house!  I asked DH to clean the bathroom last week (because I normally use a really harsh bleach spray) and ended up doing it myself on the weekend!!  I used vinegar and bicarb of course, not the harsh stuff!  Not sure about antenatal classes yet sorry.

baby4us I'm guessing the next OB appointment will just be a quick US and BP check etc and referral forms for the 20 week scan.  I'm also hoping I get the info to book in at the hospital because I want to know about all the classes I can do!  I'm glad you and DH are talking through things original.gif

gumigirl I'm glad all went well at your scan, and lucky you getting a 3D one!  That would suck having to go into hospital every day!  Especially when its to get a needle!  We are finding out the sex, but planning on keeping it to ourselves.  I feel like I will be able to bond better with bubs if I know the sex.

QUOTE (Bwok~Bwok @ 15/07/2013, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My libido seems to have legged it (if anyone see's it running past -wanna send it back my way - DP will appreciate it) but I still need that intimacy with DP.

If I see it all the way over here I reckon you're in trouble! roll2.gif  But I'll put it on a flight back!

AFM-  Hired a doppler, just waiting for it to turn up.  I decided to hire one rather than buy so that I have to send it back and don't continue to use it!  It's just for this stage where it's too early to feel movement/kicks but appointments with the OB are a month apart!  Hopefully it turns up tomorrow.  Knowing my luck I won't be able to hear anything!  Apart from that I had another belly 'pop' on Monday, I won't be hiding it for much longer I don't think!  I'm not keeping it a secret but I'm certainly not the sort of person who walks up to everyone and says 'guess what I'm expecting'!  Even some of my facebook friends never worked out my reveal so still don't know! ddoh.gif

#11 baby4us

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hi Ladies!

Gumigirl - my DH really wants to know the sex, and I'm torn. Half really want to know so I can stop calling our baby 'it', and half really want the surprise. I think we'll end up finding out. I hope your Doc hints to you!!!

Allie - great idea re the doppler! I might have to follow your lead. I'm very paranoid at the moment. I'm not putting on any weight, although my tummy has popped out. Like you, I just feel it is sooo long between OB visits, and as you said, we can't feel anything yet. Let me know how it goes! I'd imagine it would be cool to just listen to bub when you want to!!

Bwok Bwok - hope your libido comes back soon!!! Now that my DH has decided that it isn't so weired, mine has gone missing with yours!!! ARGH!!! I'm glad you can see why I was paranoid. It doesn't make me feel so silly. That fuller feeling in the tummy is what I have too.

AFM - we have my niece and sister-in-law visiting. My niece is 13 and SO excited that we are FINALLY having a baby. She said to me "I've been waiting for 6 years for this". It was soo sweet. She has bought us our first baby items - a whole heap of bibs and a little onesie. They gave the presents to me last night, and it made it very real. DH and I had a moment and cried.

My SIL is pregnant again. I got the whole "OMG, how am I going to cope with two  - we weren't even trying - life is so unfair" (BLAH BLAH BLAH). Of course, I lost it, and said that it is a miracle and they are very blessed and lucky not to have to go through what others do. Then she had the nerve to tell me that if they have a girl, they are calling her the name they know I have ALWAYS wanted. At least I'm due first!!!

I really can't believe some people!

Life is good in general. DH and I have worked through the drought; although I'm causing it a little now. Oops! Work is busy but good. I have hired someone so that I can have some time off when we have the baby. Everything feels as if it is falling into place.

Hope you're all well xx

PS Hi to everyone I have missed! Hope you're well.

#12 Three Of Hearts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

baby4us the doppler was great, but took me ages to find the HB!  I've only used it a couple of times as I gave myself a bruise from all the prodding and pushing the first time I used it! blush.gif  Now that's gone down it should be ok, and I'm fairly confident I can find bubs more quickly now.  Your niece sounds very sweet!  And that would be very frustrating of your SIL to say something like that knowing what we had to go through!

AFM-   Had my 16 week OB appointment today and... she was on holidays! I  thought I'd been booked in for when she was back! Anyways her locum was  lovely, she did an US and said all looks good.  For some reason she had  packed up all of my OBs equipment and was using her own so she only had a  portable US machine so couldn't do measurements or HB etc!  I asked why  bubs didn't look as active and jumpy and she said it's because they're  running out of play room!! I had to do a kidney function test as she  said the pain I've been experiencing in my back is where you would  expect kidney pain, but she's hoping its just back pain (as silly as  that sounds) and if it is she wants me to start prenatal water aerobics  earlier than I was planning to (as in straight away).

Apart from  that I got my 20 week scan referral that she said should be done  between 18-20 weeks. I always thought it was 20 weeks and over!!  She  gave me the referral for my hospital rather than having to do a 5 hour  round trip again to the city.  I asked if my OB would be mad if she found out but  the locum said that since everything looks good, and our NT results were  1:15300 for downs and 1:85800 for Trisomy 18 that she said there was no  need to travel all the distance.

I also got the forms to book in  at the hospital.  Hopefully I'll be able to do that and the 20 week  scan on the same day.  Ahhhh this is all starting to feel a little more  real! blink.gif    I've now got what I call my 'McDonalds bump' because I'm sure people  are starting to wonder if I'm pregnant or just eaten too many Big Macs! roll2.gif

Hope everyone else is well biggrin.gif

#13 cme

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Allie_D I’ve well and truly popped out. I’ve stopped trying to hide it now and am going for tighter stretchy clothes in an effort to embrace it. It’s a liberating really  and helping me to stop feeling frumpy. Cleaning in my house leaves a little to be desired. DH just won’t clean a bathroom and my standards are getting lax. That being said I had someone come in to clean my oven last week. I put that off at the best of times due to the chemicals, my mum gave me a voucher for it. Next time it gets bad I think I’ll treat myself. With your round trip, I’d be wanting to combine the 18 and 20 weeks too. If you’re not having any issues I don’t see why it would be a problem.

Bwok Hoping some reassuring news comes your way. I agree that knowing the sex will make it easier to select a name. DH shot down all my boys names, but hasn’t made a single suggestion.

TarlaP Good to hear on the pregnancy pilates,  I use to do pilates but stoped as I was worried about all the core exercises on your back. I think I will look up if they have a pregnancy class locally.

Gumigirl that timeframe for results sounds excessive, I was told 3 days for blood and it only takes 10min to input the data in the equation. Hope it goes past quickly.

B4U Your niece sounds so sweet. Your SIL not so much. I assume she knows about the IVF in which case she is just a cow. Let’s hope you have a girl so you can get your name in first. Good to hear you are getting things in order for some time off. DH finally asked me how much time I was planning on having off. He really can frustrate me sometimes that financial planning never enters his head. I’m glad things are falling into place for you.

AFM We have told everyone now. We started telling the extended family on the weekend and then had to call people quickly as they started making calls between themselves. It was really nice to have some people that were super excited for us. It felt good to make their day blush.gif . DH posted it on facebook so that covers everyone now. I never can pick people’s reactions though. There was a few that I thought would be excited (kids the same age and all that) but they only managed an obligatory unenthusiastic congratulations with no follow up questions. I was a bit annoyed at my cousin that did this, and then proceeded to put 3 facebook posts up on how excited she is about the Royal baby… I also could have kicked DH's brother whose reaction was to tell DH that he didn't think he had it in him mad.gif . I also had a cousin who asked if it was a 'surprise', her daugerters reaction (she's 10) was 'oh so they had sex'. roll2.gif

Had  an OB appointment last Friday bubs gave me a wave, all is on track. It was weird to be in and out in 10min. Only 3 weeks until the next big scan and we find out the sex. Time seems to be passing really quickly. I’m traveling a lot with the work in QLD which is keeping me super busy at work, but it’s nice to be doing something different, acknowledging that I won’t be able to take advantage of a similar opportunity for a while after this.

Thinking of you all.

Edited by cme, 23 July 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#14 baby4us

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi!!

Allie :

I'm glad you've figured out the doppler, and I hope your bruises have healed!

It must be nice to hear the HB regularly!!

Yes, my niece is gorgeous, SIL not so much!! So happy to hear about your 16 week appointment! I also hope your kidneys are okay, and it is just back pain. Your NT results are awesome!!! It must be a huge relief. I really still can't believe we didn't test, but feel at ease with it now. It's just very unlike me not to 'know' as much as possible.

I've got a bump too - it's actually quite large. Funnily enough I've not put on much weight at all. I keep getting told that I'm going to be huge! My OB said that my uterus sits forward and I've got no-where else to go but out! I do love it though. I actually wrote a post about limited weight gain as I was getting worried, but a lot of the girls who wrote back haven't put much on.

CME:

Plenty of time for cleaning!!! I'm with you - not too keen anymore - I used to be a clean freak, but have dropped my standard. Great idea from your Mum!! Nothing worse than cleaning the oven. If DH struggles with cleaning, would it be worth getting a cleaner in occasionally? I'm not sure how much they cost as I've never had one.

Yes, you're right, my niece is sweet - my SIL leaves ALOT to be desired. Yes, she knows of our struggles. It's just a nightmare! Anyway, DH put it all into perspective for me, and told me not to let it take away our joy, so I'm looking at it differently now. Yes, she is a cow!

It's lovely telling people isn't it? Its a shame not everyone responded as you had hoped. Just focus on the ones who did, and who even surprised you by being super exited. Your cousin's daughter is a card!! If only she knew the other side  roll2.gif

I'm glad you're enjoying work! It seems like you have worked very hard to get to where you are, and it is great that your bosses have rewarded your efforts with a promotion. Enjoy every second!

Bwok:

Have been thinking of you. Hope you're okay.

Gumigirl & Tarla - how are you?

AFM - all is well in my world. As I mentioned above, I'm rocking a big bump - especially for my stage. We see the OB on the 8th August, so still a while away. Can't wait to have a scan and see our baby. I'm still tired but am starting to think that is because we work 6 or 7 days most weeks. I probably need to start resting!!! My DH has given me tomorrow morning off work to sleep in - apparently, I look exhausted! Very sweet of him. We are back on track now, which is nice. Thanks again for all your advice.

Is everyone finding out the sex? I'm not sure what to do? Part of me really wants to know, the other wants the surprise.

#15 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Just quickly popping in - just had my GTT done (because of the PCOS) if any of you girls need to have the 2 hour one, put biscuits (savoury definately not sweet) in your hand bag, so as soon as the test is over you can eat.

It makes you feel awful.

#16 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (~*Twilight~Zone*~ @ 25/07/2013, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yes I am stalking you.      biggrin.gif

That's because you love me Dis much  bbighug.gif

BTW: the ones who don't know - TZ has been around for years and is as old as the hills  tongue.gif

Yep appointment went well, got to see the little one again, GTT came back all clear - but then OB told me I'd need another one later on  sick.gif  Now just waiting on the NIPT to come back. Then I can announce it. It won't be long before people start to notice as I took a photo of my stomach last night and my a*se has disappeared - it  looks like it has exploded into my stomach!

Edited by Bwok~Bwok, 26 July 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#17 TarlaP

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

Baby4Us - The pregnancy pilates is really good! I am now 16weeks. I had an appointment last week with my ob and he said that antenatal classes are well towards the end of the pregnancy like at 33 weeks or so!! Im loving my bump also original.gif

Allie_D - Im so jealous you have a doppler!!! My DH doesnt think i should hire one sad.gif Im having my scan at 19weeks. Prenantal water aerobics sounds interesting!!

cme - I went to start pilates when i was around 6 weeks but they said i couldnt do the normal classes because of the core work yet i couldnt join the pregnancy class til i was over 12weeks. It was a long wait but well worth it! I love doing it Saturday mornings original.gif

AFM - we had a scan at 15weeks last week, all was good! Our Anatomy Scan is booked in for 13th August when i will be 19weeks. We are finding out the sex of the baby but we are going to ask the sonographer to write the sex on a piece of paper and then seal in an envelope. At the end of August we are travelling over east (which is where we are originally from) for my Husbands 25th and thought we would do a 'gender reveal' cake with all our family!
Ive been starting to feel little flutters from my bump original.gif sometimes i feel like my heart is beating out of my tummy!

Hope you are all well original.gif

#18 Three Of Hearts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hey ladies!!!  Hope everyone is well.  It's been quiet in here ever since the EB upgrage.  I'm still getting used to it!!

cme Glad to hear all is going well and you're enjoying work.  You're correct you can never guess peoples reactions to your news!!  DH and I were sure his brother and partner would be super excited as they're the only other ones in his family with kids but all we got from them was "oh well you've done a heap of traveling so guess you can stop that now"  WTF!!!  Didn't even really get a congratulations!  And they warned us DHs sister wouldn't respond well (because they don't get along) and she's been over the moon!  Sends us texts all the time asking how things are going and wanting to know if we've got any new US pictures to show her!!  I never would have guessed any of that!!
Not long till your scan now!

baby4us sounds like you do need to rest more if you're working that much!  Hope you've been able to fit a bit more in!  Only 3 days till your next appointment, yay!!  We are finding out the sex but keeping it a secret from family and friends.

Bwok~Bwok Glad to hear your GD test came back all good.  I'm so not looking forward to that one as I don't drink any softdrinks or sugary drinks so I'm sure it's not going to sit well with me!  Thanks for the tip on the crackers!

TarlaP Yes the doppler is good fun.  I've been lucky to find the HB each time though, I think it would cause a lot of anxiousness if I couldnt (which of course would be my own fault for having it!).  Your gender reveal idea sounds fabulous!

AFM- Kidney results came back clear which means the pain is in my back.  I've also been getting crazy itchy legs for the past 2 weeks.  It's worst at night and drives me InSaNe!!!  And keeps me awake half the night.  I've tried every remedy I can think of so if it's still around in 2 weeks when I have my next OB appointment I'll mention it to her then.  I also have my morphology scan next week on the 13th!  Can't wait to see bubs again!

My bump is getting bigger now, I'm sure it won't be long and people will guess for themselves what is going on!  (still haven't told heaps of people!).

Anyways should go do some work.  Although a mid morning nap sounds good!

#19 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

Tarla – that’s sounds like a nice idea about finding out the gender and revealing it on your holidays.

Allie – Hope the itching settles down. I starting to get itchy on my stomach and I’m assuming it’s the start of stretch marks – not that I can see any atm.

Hi Everyone else and I hope you are all doing well.

AFM: FINALLY got my results back yesterday and I went from 1:33 for T21 to 1: 2 million and something. I couldn’t stop crying when they told me. I was wound up so tight waiting for the results. So I finally got to announce it. So relieved as I can’t hide that I’m pg now – my stomach is huge.
I’m also booked in on the 30th August for my 19/20 week scan.

Edited by Bwok~Bwok, 08 August 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#20 Jessie_T

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Lurker, bwok bwok I am so happy for you :) best news :)

#21 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Thank you Jessie! :D

#22 Three Of Hearts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Wonderful news Bwok!  I am so so happy for you!!  :) :)

#23 baby4us

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

BWOK - fantastic, fantastic, fantastic news!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Ladies, sorry I've been MIA - I think of you all often. I hope you're all well.

I'll come back over the weekend and catch up.

xx

#24 cme

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Baby4us I’d like to get a cleaner in, but it is a lot of money as an ongoing expense, but I think I’m finally at a point of agreeing it would be worth it. You do work long hours, do be easy on your self.

Bwok Great news! That must be such a relief and great that you can start telling people now.

Tarla P I will look into the Pilates, I fell I’ve gotten so unfit. You’re so lucky you can feel movement. I’ve been looking out for it but nothing here yet.

Allie wow how inappropriate from your BIL, does he think you’re going to take attention away from them or something? Back pain does not sound like fun.

AFM Next OB appointment is Monday, all seems to be running really smoothly on that front. DH and I are looking at furniture today to redecorate the baby’s room and extra storage for the 5 years of crap we’re accumulated in there. We find out the sex in 2 weeks which I’m looking forward to. However ,we found out yesterday that DH has a degenerative eye condition which he’s going to need an operation for. It looks like they’ve caught it early and the treatment will stop it getting worse but an eye operation is a bit scary and DH is feeling a bit sorry for himself, particularly seeing as the other operations  for him this year were unsuccessful. We’ll find out more details from the specialist.

My work situation has become very political. My normal boss has always been a bit of a pain, micromanager overly critical and all that. Well it has been until I started working for another guy in QLD that I’ve remembered how great it is to have a good boss. To top it off my normal boss has been particularly nasty since I announced I was pregnant. I think it is jealousy, I know he wants to have kids. Last time he brought it up about 18 months ago he said his wife wanted to wait. I’m not sure if they are having issues or if she still wants to wait, but I can’t stand working for him. You’d think I’d be more sympathetic and he doesn’t know of our struggles TTC, but I’m just not in the mood to take his crap and I don’t feel like sharing my history. The upside is that the QLD boss offered me a great role working for him but in NSW, knowing that I’m going on maternity leave. I accepted it yesterday and he announced it an hour later. So hopefully I land on my feet. Although I’ve now trod on a few toes in ‘switching allegiances’ and taking a job someone else had already told people they were getting.Enjoy the ‘honeymoon period’ ladies.

Edited by cme, 10 August 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#25 gumigirl

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi everyone!!

I'm heading off to Turkey for 3 weeks tomorrow so I thought I would check in here.

It sounds like everyone is starting to pop! I can't wait to notice my bump. I'm a size 16, and most of my weight is around my lower stomach, so at the moment, I still just look fat, not pregnant :p

Went in for my 16 week scan over the weekend. Thankfully doctor was willing to just blurt out the sex - because we could clearly see a big ole penis between bub's legs! My Korean in-laws are THRILLED. He will be the first-born son in a long line of first-born sons, so culturally, that's quite an important role.

Hope you all are feeling well and everything is on track!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.