Over 40 and TTC with IVF/ICSI #22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 spring_rain

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Jane, congratulations on your wonderful news! Sending you sticky vibes, hope you have a great time on holidays!

Waterlily, great to hear from you.

waves.gif Hi Sassi, HappyWomble, Luci, Emski and everyone else

AFM - BT again at the clinic this morning - another FET (feels like Groundhog Day...)  The nurses who call out the names in the mornings for BT don't look around the room much anymore, they're starting to know what I look like (pretty sad, huh?)

#3 Sassi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Silver!

Jane, congratulations - fx that everything goes well. You give us all hope!

Hope you have a great holiday, sounds like it is perfectly timed for a good break.

Spring_rain, hope this one sticks original.gif

AFM - started meds today (cycle 2) and first scan is on Friday.

Edited by Sassi, 01 July 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#4 emski72

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

Yay! Congrats Jane! Enjoy that holiday! Xx

#5 Jane002014

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thank you all for the lovely messages.  Got the fist beta result in and it's only 67, I think I'm about 16dpo but I must be honest and say I really have no idea when I O'd this month.   I'm hoping like mad that I O'd late and that Friday's beta shows it going up at the rate it should - I must admit I'm not feeling very confident at this point.

#6 emski72

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Fingers crossed for you Jane x

#7 146 Lucina

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Ohhh Jane, - Big congrats for your BFP. I'm keeping everything crossed for you hon. Go and enjoy your holiday. Maybe this untimely miracle is just meant to be  wink.gif

However, I can understand how you feel  bbighug.gif

#8 Jane002014

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hi all,

Just a quick update, unfortunately my latest beta test is only 13 and I've already started spotting so looks like a chemical preg   Going to try and not let it get met down (was very surprised to be able to fall preg again naturally anyway!) and I'm off to have a great holiday with DH.

Best of luck to you all, I hope you all get some wonderful news yourselves really soon.   I think I will just head back into ttc /eb oblivion for awhile again at least; sorry for the sad news.

Jane x

#9 Water_lily

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

So sorry Jane. Have a great timexxx

#10 146 Lucina

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Oh Jane, -  bbighug.gif   bbighug.gif   Have a wonderful holiday.

#11 emski72

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Sorry to hear that Jane xx

#12 spring_rain

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Jane, I'm sorry to hear your news bbighug.gif

#13 Pingyrat

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Jane - So very sorry about your sad news. Be brave and keep trying....I had a chemical pregnancy last year and the very next month my beautiful baby girl was conceived. Love & hugs to you.  
Hi to all the other gorgeous ladies.

#14 Sassi

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Jane - so sorry to hear your news. Hope you have a great holiday!
AFM - first scan on Friday showed only 2 eggs sad.gif but hopefully they are 2 good ones. Next scan is on Tuesday.
Best wishes everyone x

#15 146 Lucina

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Sassi, - Hope your scan went well today.

Pingy, - Hi, - Hope you are well.

Edited by 146 Lucina, 09 July 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#16 Sassi

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hi Lucina,
Thanks for asking - i really appreciate the support.
Unfortunately the scan did not go well. The 2 follicles haven't grown at all - no explanation. We discussed cancelling the cycle right then and there but with so much invested (including daily shots of hGH) I wanted to give it every chance, so I continue to stim until Friday and then we scan again. Friday will be Day 13 so if we don't have some substantial growth by then, the cycle will be cancelled.
I was so depressed and upset last night - today I did fertility yoga and upped my dairy intake.
So if you have any tips on what to do to make little follies grow big, I would love to hear them......
Take care x

#17 spring_rain

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Sassi, sorry to hear about the follies  bbighug.gif Sending them some good vibes for a catch up growth spurt.

#18 Sassi

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Spring_rain
Good news! We are not sure why but things have really changed since Tuesday. I now have 4 follies and my endrometrium is 6mm. It's like my system did a complete restart......
So even though I am day 13, I will keeping taking FSH until Monday when the FS will rescan.  FX everything keeps growing.
How are things going with your FET?

#19 146 Lucina

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Sassi, - Um, - the only advice I have is, - Fertility yoga and more dairy. LOL, sorry that I don't know, but it sounds like you have it pegged. Keep on doing what you are doing, and best of luck for some more growth on monday's scan.

Springy, - how are you feeling?

AFM, - assessment cycle is nearly dusted. I'll be getting a hysteroscopy with some laparoscopic treatment done after AF has come and gone. She is due next weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if she comes a little early, as I ov'ed 2 days earlier than usual. Hopefully we should still be able to start Lucrin on day 21 of that cycle.

#20 Sassi

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Lucina - LOL - i know it sounds crazy! Hopefully it's all helping.

Hope the week goes quickly for you - you must be so over the waiting.....

#21 Sassi

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Scan today went well - follies are growing!  All are around 10mm today. Next scan on Thurs with EPU booked for Monday.
I am just so relieved that we didn't have to cancel. FX follies keep growing.

#22 HappyWomble

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

I feel like I'm busting into a room where the party started a couple of hours ago. I've been away on my off cycle. We had to wait for the cheque from Medicare to come through before they'd let me start a new cycle. In the meantime, I made sure I got enough sleep, kept up with my DHEA, and went berko with the CoQ10 and multivitamins, megafol etc, and eating as much protein as possible. On my off cycle, they also had me on the pill (Levlen), which I hated as it made me nauseous.

CD8 today and had my first scan. This month we upped my FSH (Puregon) from 150mg to 250mg. They felt that my lead follicle was growing too quickly in the last cycle, meaning that they had to trigger early, before the others could catch up. This cycle, they increased the FSH to try to push the others along so I'd have more follicles at a more mature stage when it comes time for pickup.

Well, everything seems to have worked! My lining was 10mm already, and the left ovary had 5 good sized follicles, and 3-4 on the right!  eexcite.gif This is the best response I've EVER had! The nurse was REALLY impressed and very happy with the result. She was talking very positively about the real possibility of having some embryos to freeze this cycle. She also said the right ovary was hiding under the uterus a bit, but whatever. Next scan on Monday, expecting to trigger that night, pick up on Wednesday and transfer on Friday.

I'm hoping to last that long. My left ovary is quite painful. I feel like it's going to explode any minute. But 5 follies, plus some tiny ones on that side is hardly OHSS.

I had to read through the last thread and find this one to catch up, so here goes.

Sassi - did EPU go ahead? Have you had your transfer? How are you feeling?

Lucina - you've started a stim cycle this week after your assessment cycle, is that right? Any scans yet?

spring_rain - how is FET #4 going for you?

Jane - sorry to hear your news, but hoping you had/are having a great break with your DH.

emski - peeking at another thread it looks like you had a scan yesterday - how did it go?

Edited by HappyWomble, 26 July 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#23 emski72

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi Womble -  looks like we are cycle twins, had another scan today, 8 follies (maybe 9 - one is smaller) - another scan Mon, trigger Mon night for pick up Wed lol.

Good to hear you've had a great result so far this time...
Sassi how did you get on? Sorry I don't get on this thread too much any more so missed your update.

Em xx

#24 146 Lucina

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

This forum is looking very plain these days isn't it.

Womble, Emski, - Good luck for your cycles. You both sound as if things are going really well so far. I really hope that you get your BFP's this time. Goodness knows you deserve it.

Sassi, - Hope EPU went well on monday. I'm guessing you are PUPO by now.

Womble, - I'm not stimming yet this cycle. I have to get a Hysterosopy and Laparoscopy (for a polyp) next friday, then the next week I'll start Lucrin to down reg for my AACEP. I was told to go off my DHEA for 2 weeks due to the procedure, but I've been taking just one a day. I've lost too much hair to not get the benefits of it on my last cycle.

Hi :waves: to all the rest of you lovely ladies. Like Em, I haven't been able to catch up much, so I'm sorry if I've missed something important.

Edited by 146 Lucina, 27 July 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#25 HappyWomble

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Emski - we are cycle twins! Had my scan this morning: 6 on the left and 2-3 on the right. Trigger tonight and EPU on Wednesday 10:30am. It's all looking good. How did your scan go?

Then there's DH's sample. We have DSS with us this week. Hopefully he goes to school early on Wednesday so DH has time to give his sample before the drive, otherwise he has to give it at the clinic, which is really off-putting as you can hear the people in the waiting room in there! And I wouldn't be able to be in there with him this time as I'd be prepping for the procedure. I do feel sorry for the men sometimes. But then I think about all the jabbing and gels and scans and blood tests and think - nah, suck it up precious! ;)

Sassi - :ninja:

Lucina - The DHEA shouldn't impact on your procedure, so not sure why you have to go off it? Laparoscopies are OK, just try to completely rest for a few days after, even if you feel ok. If you push it too hard too early, you'll set back your recovery. It's good that you're getting it done on a Friday. Maybe take Monday and Tuesday off to if you can? Good luck and I hope you don't get too much gas in the shoulder pain afterwards.

I am feeling unrealistically optimistic about this month. Don't worry, not setting myself up for a fall. If it doesn't work, I'll just shrug my shoulders and move on to the next month. According to FF, I'm on cycle 72 of TTC, so I'm definitely looking at less than a 2% fertility rate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

16 ways to tie a scarf

Scarfs are the perfect winter accessory. Whether you're freezing at soccer training or wanting to add a splash of colour to a monochrome top, the right scarf will sort you out in no time. Just ask Nina Proudman.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

The simple way to support other parents

We may be raising children of different ages and sexes, with different personalities, but we, as parents, aren't that different - we all have similar struggles, fears, doubts, responsibilities.

Seeing the big picture when it comes to parenting

Sometimes it feels like hundreds of tiny cracks are spreading across the surface of our lives, creeping slowly into the foundations and threatening to make them crumble. How do we hold it all together?

How to spot a lactaboobiephobia sufferer

Lactation consultant Meg Nagle refused to stay silent when Facebook removed two photos of her breastfeeding. Instead, she coined a term to describe those who don't recognise breastfeeding for the natural and non-sexual act that it is.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

He thought he'd get into the high chair for a laugh ... he wasn't laughing by the end of it.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.