Low Ovarian Reserve #23

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Miss Nikki

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hi All,

Haven't been here for a while as the thread looked quiet and I had some stuff happen.  Thanks for saying hi GG.  Well my cycle got to EPU, from 3 mature follies we got 2 mature eggs (the 3rd had disappeared).  Both fertilized and 1 became a blastocyst and the other didn't get past 5 cells. We had ET and it looked good for a while and I felt different, but then I started spotting and bled 14/6/13.  At the same time my best friend had a still birth at 37 weeks so I dropped everything and flew to Victoria to be with her. I haven't felt the need to grieve for myself, I have been more concerned about her and have been grieving for the loss of her baby boy with her.  I don't know if that is normal but that's just how it panned out.  I'm still worried about her, but feel a bit better having had time with her.  
So, my next AF we will start again with some nifty new drug that you have 1 injection on D2, and no more until 5 days later!!! Like wow, right! Plus as an added bonus - no Syneral.  I could AF any day from now, actually.  My cycle has clocked back from 30 days to about 20 days.

Ababy, how did you go?  I know it's hard but try to stay positive.  Nothing is really certain symptom-wise as most people who fall pregnant don't realise they are until they miss a period. I have fingers crossed for you.

MagsJee, did you get cancelled or did they go ahead?  Fingers crossed for you too.

Linnypin, I am so sorry for your loss.  You are very brave to jump straight into IVF so soon after as it is invasive.  I, like you, am not a fan of needles.  I actually made my DH give me all the needles in my cancelled cycle, and also the cycle I just had, but I did give myself the trigger lol  rolleyes.gif I surprised myself.

Whoa, I've rambled on a bit.  I shall go now.  Hopefully there will be some movement on this thread.  My best to you all

#3 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hi Ladies,
Been a while since I dropped by. Firstly Miss Nikki - condolences to your friend, that is absolutely devestating, but I'm sure your support is so appreciated by your friend!
(Baby mentioned)
AFM - in late 2011 I had a AMH test on a bit of a whim, found out my level was 1.1 and was whisked away to the FS and a month later I was starting my first cycle, I got 4 eggs all fertilized but only one made it to day 5. Luckily it was a sticky one and in September my beautiful DS was born! He is an absolute champ and we really would like to give him a sibling.... So I'm back!!! DS is now 8.5months and we are setting off on this crazy journey again. I've got a lot going through my mind, I'm super aware that I was unbelievably lucky to fall pregnant on my first cycle and now am trying to stay positive and balance that with the reality that it might not happen as quickly or at all! I'm also acutely aware of the cost, I was working before DS was born, but was made redundant while on leave and the finances are a bit tight, I feel a bit guilty that my poor DP is working so hard to provide for us and to fund more IVF, although he is super excited about the prospect of another little one and has never said anything about the cost, I still feel bad!Anyway, first jab of a new cycle tomorrow. Fingers crossed

#4 Aurorasky

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Miss Nikki @ 05/06/2013, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't been here for a while as the thread looked quiet and I had some stuff happen.  Thanks for saying hi GG.  Well my cycle got to EPU, from 3 mature follies we got 2 mature eggs (the 3rd had disappeared).  Both fertilized and 1 became a blastocyst and the other didn't get past 5 cells. We had ET and it looked good for a while and I felt different, but then I started spotting and bled 14/6/13.  At the same time my best friend had a still birth at 37 weeks so I dropped everything and flew to Victoria to be with her. I haven't felt the need to grieve for myself, I have been more concerned about her and have been grieving for the loss of her baby boy with her.  I don't know if that is normal but that's just how it panned out.  I'm still worried about her, but feel a bit better having had time with her.  
So, my next AF we will start again with some nifty new drug that you have 1 injection on D2, and no more until 5 days later!!! Like wow, right! Plus as an added bonus - no Syneral.  I could AF any day from now, actually.  My cycle has clocked back from 30 days to about 20 days.

Ababy, how did you go?  I know it's hard but try to stay positive.  Nothing is really certain symptom-wise as most people who fall pregnant don't realise they are until they miss a period. I have fingers crossed for you.

MagsJee, did you get cancelled or did they go ahead?  Fingers crossed for you too.

Hi Miss Nikki,
I'm so sorry, to hear about your friend and your loss too. To have a stillborn at 37 weeks, how devastating that must have been! I'm so glad though you're trying again very soon!!
Well I just got my bt last Friday 7 June. It was a BFP! I am over the moon. the HCG level was a bit on the lower end of the scale, so they are doing another BT tomorrow (Tuesday) to make sure the numbers increase...I don't know what i'll do if they don't increase...I'm really scared. There's no reason really to suspect anything's wrong yet, but with one number in isolation it doesn't tell you much, it's the series of hcg levels that tells the story...so so far, definitely pregnant! I hope it continues to be that way....xoxoxo

#5 Gordo's Girl

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Ababy - that's great news about your BFP.  What was your level for your first BT?  FIngers crossed it's doubling nicely for you.

Hi to everyone else.  I'm just in the process of turning 40, so as soon as that is over and done with, I'll be back on the IVF-wagon again ... I want one more go!

#6 Aurorasky

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Gordo's Girl @ 10/06/2013, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ababy - that's great news about your BFP.  What was your level for your first BT?  FIngers crossed it's doubling nicely for you.

Hi to everyone else.  I'm just in the process of turning 40, so as soon as that is over and done with, I'll be back on the IVF-wagon again ... I want one more go!

Hi Gordo's Girl...My first blood test the hcg level was 40,what do you think? Is it viable? I also had a day 2 transfer so i'm wondering if that's another reason it is a bit low. Congratulations On jumping back to IVF! XOOXOXO

#7 Gordo's Girl

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'd say 40 is a good starting point - and it's not so much about the number, but how quickly it doubles ... keep us posted on your next test!!

#8 Miss Nikki

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Ababy, congrats on the BFP.gif   eexcite.gif  How did you go with the BT?

ejfingerscrossed, welcome back to the IVF rollacoaster, bet you didn't miss the jabs?  nno.gif My Cousin and his wifey fell pregnant on their first cycle (male factor infertility) and had a lovely little girl.

GG, happy birthday  Tounge1.gif

AFM :  Thanks to all of you for the well wishes to my friend.  She's doing better, but it is obviously still one day at a time.  I have started stimming again yesterday.  As my cycle often misbehave, I thought to myself - what would be the most inconvenient day for me to cycle given that it's a long weekend? Saturday was what I came up with and lo and behold, Saturday was when it came lol. My FS was away (illness, poor love) and his colleague saw me and we started a NEW protocol. I am on Elonva (11/6/13) and start Orgalutran 15/6/13 for 3 days.  I'm having a U/S on the 14th before I start it though.  Apparently I have 5 follies on board so I'm very happy with that. Well, I shall go now. Will talk to you lovely ladies later.

xxx

#9 Miss Nikki

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Also... I'm not very good with techno-babble. How does one make a text based signature? Any help much appreciated.

#10 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Congrats ababy, love seeing BFP's in this group!Miss Nikki -good luck with Elonva, I've seen some very impressive research on Elonva and lots of great results..... The reduction in jabs doesn't hurt either!AFM - been jabbing away for 6 days now had to up my dose of puregon to 450, last night I was cooking dinner and DP was talking and DS was crying and I managed to set up and administer my jab, then realized there was no cartridge in the pen and had to start again MASSIVE FACEPALM! I'm off for a BT and a scan this morning, wish me luck!

#11 Miss Nikki

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Ababy, just saw what happened on another forum.  So sorry that it was a chemical pregnancy.  It's just not fair.  It's bad enough to get a BFN, let alone a positive that gets taken away.

EJ, hope you didn't end up jabbing twice!!

AFM, my FS came back early and wanted to check up on me earlier.  I have 7 follicles, more than any previous cycle.  a 12mm, 9mm, 7mm X3 and 4mm X2.  The 12 and 9 and definately moving, not sure about the others yet but EPU looks to happen next week sometime.  I start Orgalutran tomorrow then back to FS Tuesday.  And I'm done XXX

#12 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Miss Nikki, that's a fabulous haul of follies! Sending positive vibes your way, looks like Elonva agrees with you!Ababy - sorry to hear about your chem pregnancy, that's a really cruel result! It's a horrible rollercoaster but it will be all worth it in the end! AFM - had a BT and scan on Friday all looking good I had 4 good sized follies and one or 2 little ones, that were a bit harder to see on the scan, I'm pretty stoked last time at this stage I only had 3 visible follies. Started Orgalutran tonight, that needle stings like a B!tch, but I have to say the track marks on my belly look much better this time, probably because the massive stretch marks really overshadow them! Hopefully I will have pick up next Friday or possibly Wednesday depending on Mondays BT and scan! IVF is such a weird programme, things either seem to be happening super slow or at warp speed, it's hard to even contemplate the possibility of being pregnant in a few weeks! I'm going to eat some blue cheese, deli meat and pâté just in case! And Miss Nikki - I jabbed myself twice but no cartridge in the first needle, so only one dose. I hope you all have a good weekend xxxxx

#13 Miss Nikki

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

LOL EJ, that's the kind of food I've been having too! I am going to pick up some truffle filled brie tomorrow, and enjoy it.  I'm pretty happy with my follies, considering there is but a single ovary.  Not happy to hear that Orgalutran stings tho, I will just have to get over it  biggrin.gif Seems like we are due for EPU at a similar time too.  We might be EPU buddies xxx

#14 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Miss Nikki @ 14/06/2013, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL EJ, that's the kind of food I've been having too! I am going to pick up some truffle filled brie tomorrow, and enjoy it.  I'm pretty happy with my follies, considering there is but a single ovary.  Not happy to hear that Orgalutran stings tho, I will just have to get over it  biggrin.gif Seems like we are due for EPU at a similar time too.  We might be EPU buddies xxx

Nikki Don't forget to eat chocolate mousse, full of raw eggs, so also on the no list! Definitely keen for an EPU buddy, 2WW buddy and du in March buddy, fingers crossed for both of us! That is a super haul from one ovary, don't worry about the Orgalutran, the needle isn't as sharp as the other needles, just make sure you give it a good firm jab and youll be fine!!!!

#15 Miss Nikki

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (ejfingerscrossed @ 15/06/2013, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nikki Don't forget to eat chocolate mousse, full of raw eggs, so also on the no list! Definitely keen for an EPU buddy, 2WW buddy and du in March buddy, fingers crossed for both of us! That is a super haul from one ovary, don't worry about the Orgalutran, the needle isn't as sharp as the other needles, just make sure you give it a good firm jab and youll be fine!!!!

Way ahead of you with the chocolate mousse lol.  Wish I read about the 'blunt' needle BEFORE I stabbed myself rather than after, oh well   original.gif  It'd be great to be EPU, 2WW and due date buddies.  It's funny, with the Elonva, I'm not really getting side effects like I was previously, but my U/S show progress.  I love not being on Syneral, that stuff gives me wicked migraines and everything tastes of metal.  Plus something about the IVF meds make me drop weight.  Yucky stuff. I'm tired a lot though. It's really not bad though. I am trying not to get too excited until I get to at least EPU and know how many eggs we have to play with.  Well, we're going to spend this evening doing a cooking class with some friends.  Her husband doesn't eat vegetables, and it's a vegetarian class... we didn't tell him yet hehehe  dev (6).gif

#16 Lazmanog

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hi ladies,

Im a newbie, lurking for a while... and hoping to get some advice. I didnt have any luck with my post in the general AC forum so thought id try here.

As you will see from my singature I have low ovarian reserve and looks like egg quality is also an issue. I have never even got as far as embryo transfer.

If any of you can recommend a FS in Sydney that is willing to try different protocols such as Agonist/Antagonist Conversion or other protocols popular in the US can you please PM me?

Thanks so much!

#17 Miss Nikki

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Lazmanog @ 17/06/2013, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ladies,

Im a newbie, lurking for a while... and hoping to get some advice. I didnt have any luck with my post in the general AC forum so thought id try here.

As you will see from my singature I have low ovarian reserve and looks like egg quality is also an issue. I have never even got as far as embryo transfer.

If any of you can recommend a FS in Sydney that is willing to try different protocols such as Agonist/Antagonist Conversion or other protocols popular in the US can you please PM me?

Thanks so much!

Sorry hon, I'm in Brisbane.  I have no idea.  Have you asked the Ready set go girls?  I know there have been a few discussions on supplements that can help improve egg quality.  I think you might also try the over 40 TTC group as they would have familiarity with low AMH and low quality eggs.  Hope you have success.  Good luck

#18 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

Lazmanog - sorry to hear about your AC journey, I have put a call out to a friend who works in the field for a recommendation of an FS who might be a little more experimental and will let you know when I hear something! Ill PM youMiss Nikki - how goes the stimming - are you having EPU on Friday?AFM - it has been a week of ups and downs, I went for BT and scans on Monday, BT fine, the FB started the scan and saw nothing, one crappy looking follie on one side and NOTHING On the other, she kept scanning and scanning, nothing (honestly all the fumbling and prodding it was like first time sex) I was devestated, I asked what happened to the ones that were there last time, she said they had probably just gone as my E2 level was quite low! She said there was no point but would I like someone else to come and do a second scan to confirm, I said yes. So nurse 2 came in, first ovary crappy little follie, ovary 2 nothing, nothing then she asked me to put a hand over my ovary and push down, and then relief.... 3 follies, one 17m one 14.5 and a 12! So they have been given a couple of days to grow, having another (hopefully less traumatic) scan this morning and expecting EPU on Friday. I keep reminding myself that in the end you only need one good egg, and that's what happened last time, but it would be really nice to have a frostie, even if we are successful we are keeping any frosties as backup for my sister who also has low AMH but isn't in a relationship and doesn't want to go it alone.
I hope you are all having a good week?

#19 Magenta_

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi Lazmagog,

PG MENTIONED

I had an AMH of 2.6 about 2 years ago & am going in to have my baby on Monday after over 5 years TTC and 2 stim cycles.
The second cycle was long-acting Elonva which resulted in fewer injections, less side effects & much better fertilization rates.

I didn't take or do anything except Elevit with Iodine.

Only anecdotal of course but hopefully gives you something to investigate.

Best of luck!
Magenta x

#20 Miss Nikki

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (ejfingerscrossed @ 19/06/2013, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lazmanog - sorry to hear about your AC journey, I have put a call out to a friend who works in the field for a recommendation of an FS who might be a little more experimental and will let you know when I hear something! Ill PM youMiss Nikki - how goes the stimming - are you having EPU on Friday?AFM - it has been a week of ups and downs, I went for BT and scans on Monday, BT fine, the FB started the scan and saw nothing, one crappy looking follie on one side and NOTHING On the other, she kept scanning and scanning, nothing (honestly all the fumbling and prodding it was like first time sex) I was devestated, I asked what happened to the ones that were there last time, she said they had probably just gone as my E2 level was quite low! She said there was no point but would I like someone else to come and do a second scan to confirm, I said yes. So nurse 2 came in, first ovary crappy little follie, ovary 2 nothing, nothing then she asked me to put a hand over my ovary and push down, and then relief.... 3 follies, one 17m one 14.5 and a 12! So they have been given a couple of days to grow, having another (hopefully less traumatic) scan this morning and expecting EPU on Friday. I keep reminding myself that in the end you only need one good egg, and that's what happened last time, but it would be really nice to have a frostie, even if we are successful we are keeping any frosties as backup for my sister who also has low AMH but isn't in a relationship and doesn't want to go it alone.
I hope you are all having a good week?

Well I am glad you had some good sized follies, EJ !!  I had my scan on Tuesday and they found EIGHT follies WOOT WOOT! I had a 17-18, 15, 13, 10, 8 X2, 4 X2.  So I'm due to have EPU tomorrow (Friday at 11am).  We are hoping to get 3 eggs as the 10mm will probably be too small to bet useful, but we'll see... My FS does all my scans and the common theme is always "move down the bed a bit more" as I tend to run away up the bed Tounge1.gif My follies are usually hard to spot too, most times he looks concerned and then they just pop up on the screen.  He thinks it looks good, so who am I to argue with the expert.  How did the scan go today?  And good luck tomorrow with EPU.  Hope all the other ladies are well, thinking of you all xxx

#21 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi Nikki,
Oh fingers crossed for you tomorrow, sounds like some good sized eggies there and a great number for a Low AMH! and as predicted we are EPU buddies, I'm in at 1pm tomorrow! My last scan went much smoother, the ovaries and follies were clearly visible, there were 4 or 5 good ones a 19, 18, 16 and 2x 12. So I'm pretty excited, and relieved after the last scan! I have been a right moody b**ch today, burst into tears because my bank was mean to me, tore strips off DP because he doesn't understand and and generally was a negative cow all day! Ahh the joys of being filled with additional hormones! I need to get some sleep and relaX!
Magenta - I remember you from my last round, excellent to hear you're expecting, all the best for Monday..... And beyond, on Monday you will see that it was all worth while!

#22 Miss Nikki

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hey EJ,

So how did you go?  I ended up with 2 eggs, which was the expected outcome as I only had 3 follies that were large enough in the end. 1 looked "extremely nice" lol according to the scientist and the other was only "ok". The top notch egg fertilised so we play the waiting game until Wed for ET.  I have acupuncture lined up and that's about it.  I have been sore and tired since EPU, I guess I'm not a spring chicken any more  biggrin.gif  TTYL

#23 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hi Nikki,
I was wondering how you were?  I have my fingers crossed for your embie, I hope it is a good strong sticky one! I only had one last cycle and he's a very happy little man now!!!
I had a surprising result, I got 8eggs, 7 were suitable for fertilisation, 5 fertilised and today 4 are looking good and strong and 1 is a little shaky, so at this stage looks like we will have something to transfer on Wednesday, fingers crossed! I have to say I suffered far more after this EPU than last time, I have been really quite sore, but my DP has been fantastic and has really looked after me and DS all weekend.  Looking forward to being ET buddies on Wednesday!

#24 Miss Nikki

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hey EJ,

I'm getting excited for tomorrow for both of us Tounge1.gif My little embie looks good, it's more developed than my last one was at the same stage, and everyone says it is looking good.  My ET is 11.30am tomorrow.  Good luck xxx

#25 ejfingerscrossed

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hi Nikki, super excited for tomorrow too! Sending you sticky sticky vibes! I'm in for transfer at 10.30am! I didn't get an update on development today, they said they just left them to do their thing! I guess we'll see tomorrow! Good luck..... Ill catch you tomorrow in the 2ww group hurray!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.