Due in December, 2013 Chat Thread #4

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 aunty*kristy

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

Hi Ladies!!

Wow, its sure been quiet in here lately!

Things are cruising along quite smoothly for me lately. I'm 16 weeks and happy to report that the spotting has completely eased off. I am definitely starting to get a 'bump' and *think* maybe I have felt something late at night when I am laying really still in bed. Havent switched over to maternity wear yet - its summer here so I have been getting away with stretchy skirts and dresses. Though I have the say the elastic band through the button loop works wonders when I do have to wear pants!

We have our 19 week ultrasound coming up on July 26th and I am so excited to see the baby! The last scan I had was at 9 weeks and it was just a dating scan so this will be the first time I actually get to see the profile of my bub. We have opted not to find out the sex of the baby. We have a few names lined up for each gender and have stated to pick up a few 'gender neutral' items along the way. Still waiting for results from my NT blood testing - fingers crossed I have that back by end of next week and don't need any further testing done! Definitely been at the back of my mind lately.

Hope everyone is doing and feeling well these days!! December will be here before we know it!

#52 Cassandra.c.crane

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Hi auntie kris tie! My scan is the 25th of July! Looking foward to it! I'll be 21 weeks though! My hospital does them so late! We have been told boy at a previous scan but looking forward to the confirmation  :-)

#53 Cassandra.c.crane

Hi auntie kris tie! My scan is the 25th of July! Looking foward to it! I'll be 21 weeks though! My hospital does them so late! We have been told boy at a previous scan but looking forward to the confirmation  :-)

#54 Cassandra.c.crane

#55 Cassandra.c.crane

#56 Cassandra.c.crane

#57 Cassandra.c.crane

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Oops sorry for the multi post!

#58 Sandy1902

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Hey everyone.  I'm new.

I due 12/12/13. But my babes have a tendency to come late lol.  This is my third.   Proving to be a pain lol.  So far I have ended up In hospital for 5 days with a kidney infection.  I also have a slightly enlarged spleen
And on and off neasuea.   After two perfect pregnancies its sucked lol

I have a gender scan on Thursday woop

#59 aunty*kristy

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hi ladies!

I feel huge!!! And Ohhh the heartburn!!

Just wanted to pop in with a recent belly pic

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t669/K...zps501bcded.jpg

17 weeks and 3 days today!!

#60 Sandy1902

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Such a cute little belly

I understand the huge feeling this is me at 17 weeks deff got the huge feeling going on.

#61 Cassandra.c.crane

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Sandy I totally understand the different pregnancies thing! My first was so easy. This was has been sucky sucky sucky. Hope your all well! X

#62 CFMummy

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

I havnt posted here for ages. Slowly loseing my sanity and now Dr has decided I have HG yuk.

#63 aunty*kristy

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Just wanted to pop in and wish you well for your gender scan today Sandy1902!!

CFMummy - my close friend was also just diagnosed with HG, I feel for you xo I hope you are able to get the rest and relief you need!

Hi to everyone else!

#64 Sandy1902

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Thanks Kirsty I'm slightly nervous lol.   But excited cant wait to see bub again.

Still have neasea on And off sad.gif

Cf mummy -  what's hg??  Three kid never heard of it.

#65 Zachary Quack

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

In 2 hours I am off for my 20 week scan! I have now had 5 episodes of bright red bleeding, and 5 ultrasounds to go with them, but still no explanation of what caused any of them. Touch wood, it has been about 4 weeks since the last lot which is the longest I have gone without bleeding during this pregnancy - maybe my body has finally got the message that it is pregnant and bleeding is a bit unwise?

At work the last couple of nights, I have been able to see the baby with our portable vascular ultrasound! Only a tiny bit at a time, but I saw one little hand waving around and could visualise all the bones. Amazing.

I will be back later to let you know what flavour this baby is coming in! Has anyone else had their anomaly scan and/or a gender scan? What colour are you getting?

#66 Sandy1902

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Forgot to. Cm back and add we are having ur second little boy 😀 very bouncing active boy lol.

2catsandababy. - sorry to hear about all the bleeding but at least it's has seemed to have stopped..  Hope your ultrasound goes well!

#67 Zachary Quack

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

It's a boy! All the bits seemed to be in the right place, heart looked normal, and the ultrasonographer said "I'm not worried about anything, some of the views were a bit hard to get so if you want another scan I can organise for you to have one but it's up to you". She did mention that the nose was little - I know there is a normal nasal bone there from the 12 week scan so I am not too worried about that. I go to the GP on Thursday for results but I think they will be fine.

Congratulations on your little man too Sandy!

Edited by 2catsandababy, 22 July 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#68 mummyb83

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hi everyone, I have been so slack at joining a DIG this time (2nd pregnancy), figured I should get my act together tonight original.gif

I am 19w+3days,  Due Date 15th Dec. I have a 22month old daughter.

Have had horrible morning sickness and nausea for until a week ago, just starting to feel good and enjoy the pregnancy.

Ob and 20week ultrasound appointments this week, excited to be finding out the gender.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Still in contact with my first DIG group, meet up occasionally too.

#69 AlishaS

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi ladies, I'm Alisha would love to join your group, I'm nearly 20 weeks due with baby #2 and live in the Cook Islands atm but from Sunshine Coast QLD. I noticed you have a facebook group too wondering how I can join that as well to get updates? Look forward to getting to know you all better :)

#70 Cassandra.c.crane

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

Just popping in to say hi to anyone floating around. Hope your all doing well :-)

#71 ~A2~

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hope everyone is going well.

Thinking of you all

Ali

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.