Michelle Bridges and Commando - UPDATE
Well well well...

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1 DamiansMama

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

So this whole story has me thinking and probably not in the way that you think. I really don't care for either of them but here are my thoughts:

Michelle is a great Health and Fitness advocate, as is Commando in his way, BUT do you think the coming out of their relationship is too soon? The red carpet debut, the radio interview this morning, WHO magazine, etc. They are so candid about their relationship and don't seem to care about hurting the ones they loved, just a few months ago.

I guess I am coming from personal experience (still raw), but I am thinking about his poor wife (who must be devastated) he just left and his two little children and also Michelle's ex sad.gif

What do you think? (or not care  unsure.gif )

UPDATE: SPLIT

Edited by DamiansMama, 25 July 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#2 Bissett

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

So they have confirmed it?
Last I heard Michelle was barking the whole we're just friends relax!

Off to google

#3 DamiansMama

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Bissett @ 24/05/2013, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So they have confirmed it?
Last I heard Michelle was barking the whole we're just friends relax!

Off to google

Confirmed on 2dayfm this morning. I could not help but think about his wife / partner  sad.gif

#4 bloobell

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

i thought the 2day fm interview was quite insensitive . with Jackie O who kept saying "well done" etcetc when Michelle admitted she was dating commando...

edited to add - by insensitive i meant to commandos wife/kids who easily could have heard the interview. i dont really think an affair should be 'congratulated' on the highest rating radio showin NSW

Edited by bloobell, 24 May 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#5 BeYOUtiful

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I haven't heard the interviews, but yeah pretty off.  No need for that.
We don't know what went on in their marriage/s but respect for their exes and children should be their priority.
Their kids are really young aren't they?

#6 FeralDancesHere

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

She's confirmed it, but claims they have not been "intimate" yet.

Link

I think thay basically confirms his ex's story about them having an affair and my respect went down for the both of them.

#7 DamiansMama

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (bloobell @ 24/05/2013, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i thought the 2day fm interview was quite insensitive. with Jackie O who kept saying "well done" etcetc when Michelle admitted she was dating commando...

I felt like asking K&J that if their partners left them this week, and their new partners were on the radio next week, how they would feel?

Edited by DamiansMama, 24 May 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#8 Bissett

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

OK just did a bit of speed reading

The ex wife is also doing a tell all in WHO magazine. Maybe Michelle thought she better get in quick before its all revealed anyway

How old are his kids? Poor babies

#9 DamiansMama

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (WinterDancesHere @ 24/05/2013, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's confirmed it, but claims they have not been "intimate" yet.

Link

I think thay basically confirms his ex's story about them having an affair and my respect went down for the both of them.

My bold. Yeah right....they have been having an affair. She left hubby first, then he.

#10 virtuallotus

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

I think it's horrific. His poor wife and kids.

#11 Z-girls rock

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

they are totally on have been for a while.

I know this because I live opposite someone from the show and was out to drinks with friends and one of the producers from the show was there (she is a friend of a friend) she was a bit upset about it, I mean she felt it was a bit too soon also (understanding that it is not her live etc etc)

#12 BeYOUtiful

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

It's not the affair that bugs me - we don't know what led to it - if anything.
It's the interviews and her magazine story that bug me.  Have some respect for your kids!

#13 Fluster

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Thoroughly tacky and yet another reason not to watch TBL.

#14 virtuallotus

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

He used to promote himself as a family man too. Yeah, I'm severely disappointed in him. I hope both of their careers flop. original.gif

#15 WhatWouldBuffyDo?

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Did they themselves confirm the relationship started when they were still with their partners? Or is it just the wife who says this?

I remember hearing that Michelle had split for her husband a while ago.

Until today, Michelle and Commando have tried to be discreet and kept it out of the media.  

If Commando's wife has done a "tell all" already, I have little sympathy for her.  Just the kids.

#16 JanetRose

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

I feel for the kids. Parents splitting up is hard enough without it being splashed over every media source.

#17 FeralDancesHere

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Ruby Victoria @ 24/05/2013, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did they themselves confirm the relationship started when they were still with their partners? Or is it just the wife who says this?

I remember hearing that Michelle had split for her husband a while ago.

Until today, Michelle and Commando have tried to be discreet and kept it out of the media.  

If Commando's wife has done a "tell all" already, I have little sympathy for her.  Just the kids.

This is the article from her, and there is going to be something in classy unsure.gif magazines this week.

I would say she is justified in feeling pretty hurt, even if they didn't do anything until after leaving their partners the quick timing indicates there was something already there.

Any yes, I agree with keeping it out of the media. A simple we are seperated / we are now dating please respect our families privacy would have been more appropriate.

Edited by WinterDancesHere, 24 May 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#18 kadoodle

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Ajay's a bit bitter, isn't she?

#19 Heather11

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think it is the denial that would hurt more than the actual affair.  This is what has increased all the speculation.

At least man up with what is going on.

I would say she is justified in feeling pretty hurt, even if they didn't do anything until after leaving their partners the quick timing indicates there was something already there.

Any yes, I agree with keeping it out of the media. A simple we are seperated / we are now dating please respect our families privacy would have been more appropriate.

#20 cinnabubble

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Michelle Bridges makes me want to vomit in my mouth a little. Hard faced judgemental narrow minded poisonous little woman. He's basically a meat puppet. They deserve each other. Sounds like their partners had a lucky escape.

#21 ~Eyore~

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Commando has 3 kids one is a teenager I think the other 2 are under 5. He also just brought a house with his defacto wife before he left her. It was also said it had been going on for some time that's reported by close sources apparently.

Michelle left her husband before the biggest loser aired so its been 2-3 months could be longer. Commando is only a few weeks.

#22 DamiansMama

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (virtuallotus @ 24/05/2013, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's horrific. His poor wife and kids.

QUOTE (Fluster @ 24/05/2013, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thoroughly tacky and yet another reason not to watch TBL.

QUOTE (virtuallotus @ 24/05/2013, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He used to promote himself as a family man too. Yeah, I'm severely disappointed in him. I hope both of their careers flop. original.gif

QUOTE (cinnabubble @ 24/05/2013, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Michelle Bridges makes me want to vomit in my mouth a little. Hard faced judgemental narrow minded poisonous little woman. He's basically a meat puppet. They deserve each other. Sounds like their partners had a lucky escape.

I agree!! Michelle must have no feelings - she doesn't know what this will do to the children and has really never thought this out, and I can't imagine she has ever had her world come crashing down either. So insensitive.

Edited by DamiansMama, 24 May 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#23 kkbelle

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

disgusting

#24 archygrouseferal

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (DamiansMama @ 24/05/2013, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree!! Michelle must have no feelings - she doesn't know what this will do to the children and has really never thought this out, and I can't imagine she has ever had her world come crashing down either. So insensitive.

There's more criticism of her coming out in the responses than of him.  Why?

And anyone saying 'Oh well, of COURSE I think he's to blame just as much as her' - why didn't you say so?

Edited by archy's mehitabel, 24 May 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#25 FeralDancesHere

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (archy's mehitabel @ 24/05/2013, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's more criticism of her coming out in the responses than of her.  Why?

Because we are females and she is perceived as attractive, fit, has money etc. She is a threat and this has proven she is a predator. She is also a horrible person because of all the yelling she does at fatties.

He on the other hand is male, came from a career serving our nation and is also attractive. Just look at his abs and smile, obviously a man you can trust.

She must have lured him away from his family with her special powers.

But seriously assuming the relationship has been going longer than a few weeks, I think he is worse because he dragged it on with his partner for longer before leaving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.