Due in September, 2013 #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#101 Copperain

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Woops sorry Dresden! Don't want to make anyone feel bigger than they already do!

Started Antenatal classes last week. Last night we visited the delivery rooms, I felt rather uncomfortable in there... but I am not sure if that is because of the 10 other people that were all crowded into the room to check it out. I was hoping for positive vibes but didn't get any sad.gif . I am hoping that I just felt that way because of nerves.

The midwife also took my partner and I to the Special Care nursery, as there is a chance one or both my twins could end up there. That was really good to see. The babies in there are so tiny and precious! And the people looking after them are just lovely. We got all the different ways they can look after them explained to us, and also what would happen if they needed to be sent to a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. That really helped to clear our minds about how they would be looked after and how I would be able to be involved in their care.

We have three names selected, one is a definite, the other we will probably pick once the bundles arrive. My partner asks every ones opinion on the names, which really bugs me. Their opinion is not important to me!

Hope every one is happy and healthy as they can be. I feel much better now that I have finished work, though I am only three days in and stuck for things to do without completely tiring myself out! This miserable weather doesn't help either!

#102 Dresden

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

It's all good copperrain. They sent me for a growth scan, at 29weeks he weighs about 4 pounds, so I don't think that's too bad at all. His head however is measuring above the 98centile, so that's freaking me out. ohmy.gif

#103 Copperain

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Ah mine are only 3 pounds each lol. I have no idea how big their heads are... I'll have to go have another look at the scan report!

Sounds like you have one healthy baby to me original.gif

#104 HurryUpAlready

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hi everyone! I'm another slacker who reads but hasn't posted much lately. Sorry, I just feel that I don't have much to report!

Now that we are down to single digits (8 weeks left!) I feel like its getting really close, especially if any of us go early. Scary!! On one hand I really want to meet this bubba, but on the other hand we are busy renovating the new house so I really need that to be finished (well, painted) and be moved in and settled before bub arrives. Also, as this will most likely be our last baby and therefore my last pregnancy, I'm trying to savor each little movement. It's such a special thing to go through and I'm a bit sad that after this bub arrives, I'll never experience growing a little human again.

I guess 8 weeks is perfect. Time to get the house finished and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy, but soon enough that it will fly and the little man/miss will be here before we know it.

How is the packing going againagain? I'm half packed - but at that awkward stage where I can't pack the rest because I still need it all, so there will be a last minute flurry just before moving day I think.

I can't scroll back to see who it was who put on 4kg in a week sorry, but I feel a bit the same. I hadn't checked my weight in a couple of weeks and it looks like I've put on another 3.5kg. Grrr. I only put on 3kg in total last pregnancy (thank you morning sickness and GD!), so I am feeling a bit massive. I'm definitely bigger than last time. I was looking at photos the other day at 8 months in a bikini and I looked awesome (for me). There is no way in hell I'd wear a bikini now, let alone let a photo be taken!! Sigh...

My GD results came back negative, with a big "BUT". Apparently my reading after 1 hour was pretty high, but it had dropped enough by 2 hours to put me in the all clear. That high reading means I'm still prone to have any sugar I eat go straight to the baby which could result in a big bub, so my OB has recommended I avoid sweet treats anyway. Let's just say I have cut down, but certainly not cut out sugar from my diet. It's all that gets me through the day sometimes!

How is everyone going with names? We do not have one name on the list (there is no list actually) that we both love, which stresses me out. We have a fallback name for a boy (William), but I just feel like there is another name out there that I haven't thought of yet. Same with girls really. I hate it that the baby isn't named yet! We had names chosen by 24 weeks with baby #1.

Anyway, it's 10.30am and DD and I are still in our PJ's, so I guess I'd better go and start the day.

I hope everyone is doing well and all of those pelvis's are holding together.

Take care everyone. xx

#105 Copperain

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Just thought I would let everyone know that Bubs Baby Shop is having a carpark sale this Saturday at their Yatala, QLD store. Usually good discounts! I hope this post is ok to share... Sorry if it isn't  shrug.gif

#106 againagain

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Copperrain I can understand feeling weird int he birth suites! I remember going in for a check (nothing important) with my first and I could hear a lady in labour and I totally freaked out. Once you are in there being looked after and meeting your baby/ies is imminent you'll feel better!

HurryUpAlready sounds like we are at the same packing stage. Everyone keeps asking me if I've been packing, but all the non-essential stuff is already done, can't very well pack all the kitchen stuff or kids clothes though! I feel like it will be a last minute rush. Is it bad if I just keep thinking so long as I can find the important things at the new house, I'll sort the rest out after the baby arrives...

Just had a mw check up and all is going ok. Everyone still baffled by my thyroid thing, but have another endo appt later this month. Baby is now only measuring one week ahead instead of 2 - 2.5 weeks ahead which is good.

#107 Embiemum

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi everyone, it's also been awhile since I've had anything to say, though I check in almost daily.

I feel you you women who are packing, don't know how you're doing it! I'm struggling at the moment, maybe I shouldn't be writing right now as I'm just feeling off. huge, out of breath sick, itchy and anxious. Possibly all I ned to do is go have a warm bath and try to relax.

I know a few people have siad they've bought prams etc..anyone else? My DH (We got married a month ago!!) an..I jusd I thought we knew what we were getting but the more reviews I read the more confused I get.

I'm feeing so unorganised, but I know I've got awhile yet (I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow or monday, depending on whose due date I believe original.gif) , I just tend to focus and worry over things I probably don't need to.

For those who did the calm birth course, have you been practising? I've done a little, nowhere near enough.

I have another 4 weeks left of work, on hand hand so little..on the other I wonder if I'll even make it that far original.gif

Minimae, I hope you worked out the 4kg weight gain. And, I hope things are going well.

I have put on a massive 13.5 kg so far, no wonder I'm feeling so large. I stopped exercising a while ago and haven't exactly cut back on treats..but I also have a huge (active) belly!

Again, I hope everyone is well.

xxx

#108 brain

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

we bought our pram today, embiemum!  icandy, in red (the colour is v important, of course!).  we found it very difficult when you walk in to those mega baby stores, and are confronted by 19485 types that all seem 98% the same.  in the end, we seem to have copied our friends wink.gif

#109 ~A2~

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.