Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 againagain

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

GOLD!

Tigs - Omg...what can I say. Fingers crossed for your healthy twin to stay put for as long as possible. How scary. A friend of mine had her babies last year at 23 + 5 and they are good now. I know that is probably not helpful in your case but just to say that very early babies can hang on. All the best. Keep us posted.

Newby84 welcome!

Argh can't believe how many of us crazy one's are moving. Or maybe I'm just a lazy pregnant lady cos it all feels so much harder at the moment.

#3 bec_1108

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Silver?

Tigs, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues picked up on your scan. It sounds positively scary! I'll be keeping everything crossed for a good outcome.

What a long list of people deciding to move! Good luck with it all! DH and I are still madly renovating. Was hoping to have the interior mostly finished by Sept but looks like we will not have the money to do the bathrooms. No big deal though.

Minimae I've been extra teary lately too. My first trimester was nothing compared with how hormonal I feel at the moment!

MissNess glad the scan went well. I hope you get some clarity with your job so you can finally spill the beans.

Copperain I'm struggling to get comfortable for sleeping too. I'm usually a tummy or back sleeper, so I'm not having fun! I occasionally still sleep on my back, which I know isn't good after 20 weeks, but it's not too uncomfortable for me at 21 weeks, so I just try not to do it as much as possible.

Dresden and Embiemum hope the UTIs clear.

AFM everything is going well. Starting to panic a little about my weight gain so far. After not putting much on initially, I've realised that I've put on nearly 7 kg. Someone at work told me today that I should only put on about 10 kg in total by the end of my pregnancy! I think she might be slightly uninformed as she had her child about 20 years ago. I am a bit concerned though, particularly as I'm usually slim and fairly weight conscious, and my tummy isn't even that big yet! My appetite is through the roof, and while my main meals are healthy, and also a lot of my snacks, I'm finding it hard to resist potato chips and lollies every day as well!

Another issue I'm having - itchy boobs! Does anyone else get this? I'm moisturizing but it's not helping! The nipples and areoles are also itchy.

Edited by bec_1108, 14 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#4 theweehaggis

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

bec_1108 - my boobs are itchy too. Not as bad as they were with DD but definately letting me know they are there.

im a tunmy sleepervtoo and i find it the worst part of pregnancy.. ive had to use a pillow between myblegs as ibgrt really bad cramps downnth outer leg and foot.. found thebpillow helps. Turning overcwith a pillow is a feat in itself!! either take all the covers or loose them!

Bun is very active.. been feeling it since 13 weeks, dh could from 15 and now anyone can see it kick and tumble.m not looking forwsrd to when its space is restricted!! if its big sister is anythingvto go by ill be black and blue from the insides!!

Weeks are flying by for me. DD (3yr) is really testing my patience.. tantrums etc.. hope they calm before september!! We havevtried to sort her toys etc out now so she gets used to having to play with certain ones (not baby friendly) in her room (until now she only had books and cuddlytoys in her room). All things like blocks and others are still in the toybox in the livingroom for sharing. try and make buns arrival the only upset in her usual routine lol (kidding myself i think).

got to go.. Dh has just handed me a sopping wet DD from the shower.. sorry its a me me post... i have been reading everyones updates.  will do personals on comp soon !

#5 Gambit la Feralé

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Yeah I've also had itchy b00bs but then my legs are also itchy so i'd put it down to winter. original.gif

Started feeling baby move a couple of weeks ago and dh has felt it a few times. I'm pretty sure the baby is just lying on the comfy pillow that my bladder provides.....so many toilet trips!!

starting to pop out a little as well. Actually look a little pregnant which is cool.

We're 21+2 today and will go and have a look at cots hopefully this weekend and maybe some prams too.

We had our 3rd wedding anniversary last week and DH got me a body pillow and it's helped quite a bit with sleeping. I'm sleeping with it between my legs on my side and under my right side and leg when i'm on my back so I'm tilted. Good purchase!

I'm starting to feel like we should start to get a bit more organised but we're going to wait until EOFYS to get the cot/pram/carseat --> just need to figure out which we'll get.

I hope everyone else is going well and good luck Tigs

#6 RMTC

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hi All,

I popped in early and introduced myself and then went silent.  I had some pretty significant bleeding at 9 weeks and my OB was not sure if everything was going to be ok.  Luckily it was a large clot that is now almost completely gone, but because of the location it was a bit touch and go for a while.  

Happily we are all good now.  Last scan showed the clot is teensy tiny now and not in a dangrous position so we have a cautious all clear for our little boy!

How do I join the FB group?

Hope everyone is doing great.  Sorry for my late arrival!

#7 Embiemum

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Tigs17 I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. I really can't imagine how much of a shock that must have been. I truely hope everything goes well for #1, good news on the amnio!

Welcome Newby84. I too am a stresser, I spend way too much time on the internet look up every little (or big) cramp etc.

I really really don't envy the people moving house, it is a job I detest..But so exciting to be moving somewhere new! I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment and unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to afford to move for another few years. But I think we'll have enough room until then.

Minimae, you'll have to tell me what you think of calm birth..and maybe inspire/encourage me to actually do the practice (I haven't even opened the book yet). And re cervix length..I too spent a lot of time on google trying to work out if mine was ok..I think I should be banned from the internet for the next 16 weeks.

bec_1108 - I keep waking up on my back (and once with a cat sleeping on my bump). I've able to stay on my left side a lot more after I bought the dream genii pillow, it seems to work quite well for me. And seven kilos sounds okay to me, I've put on 10kg already with 16 weeks to go....I'm trying to cut down on Tim Tams..seems to be working, though my bump is huge so I keep telling myself it's all baby (not tim tam) related.

I get more of an itchy stomach than boobs..I get sore/cold nipples (that turn blue) though

#8 againagain

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think 7kg at half way is fine! The average is apparently 10-15kg?? I'm sure I have read that.  All the slimmer people I know seem to put on a lot more weight when pregnant, but they lose it afterwards too - don't stress!  biggrin.gif With all of mine I have put on about 15ish kg all up and then 10kg is gone with the birth and in the first couple of days (when you pee like there is no tomorrow!!) and the rest of it slowly goes over the next 5-6 weeks. . I don't bother watching what I eat as I think I eat a fairly balanced diet anyway. Bit of veg, bit of chocolate lol.

I just had a m/w appointment and measuring 2 weeks ahead, apparently normal. Baby was booting the doppler while they were trying to get the hr. Active little thing.

#9 brain

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm also at 7kg already, but not too worried.  it seems to go up very quickly in a week, then steady out for a few weeks...  

Also a bit itching.  I'm also blaming the weather change.  

And I'm another one moving house.  well, hopefully.  we need to sell our existing one (not in the city we live in)...  if it doesn't sell soon, we'll just stay where we are and look again next year instead.  

Has anyone else had crazy dreams?  My favourite so far has been when the baby was born as a rubber ducky.  it was perfectly normal and expected though - apparently all humans spend a 'larvae' style stage as a rubber duck.  I blame the EB logo.

#10 Dresden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

7kg gain here too.

#11 bec_1108

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Thanks all for the reassurance about the weight gain! I feel better now! Also good to know I’m not the only itchy one!

On the dream front, mine have been weird since I fell pregnant. It was actually my first pregnancy symptom, before I even knew I was pregnant! My weirdest one to date happened a few nights ago. Has everyone seen what a baby kangaroo looks like when it’s born? Only a couple of centimetres long, and it makes its way to its mother’s pouch, where it matures. Well that’s pretty much what my baby looked like when it was born in my dream! It was also crawling around under my clothes and just feeding when it needed to. I wasn’t that bothered by its appearance or size, but I was a little worried because I kept losing it! It fell onto the carpet, my cat saw it and I had to dive in the way to stop her pouncing on it! Weird!

I like the rubber ducky one! Definitely EB-related!

#12 againagain

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

OMG you ladies, the dreams have me in stitches!! I still remember a dream I had when I was pregnant with my first - like it was yesterday!

I dreamt that I had some condition called umbilicalitis and it meant the baby basically came out as a toddler but was still in the sac. So I had this weird toddler sized baby walking around next to me as we were still attached to each other by the cord, and people kept stopping me to ask what was going on, I had to explain over and over that it would resolve with time  laughing2.gif I also had to take the 'baby' shopping for shoes at a special shop with shoes designed specifically because the toddle walking around was ruining the sac at the bottom.

Freaky weird lol. Can't believe how clearly I recall that dream! Haven't had as many weird ones this time, although earlier on I did.

#13 Dresden

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Oh, I'm in so much agony today. My back complaints are well known, I've whinged enough in the past few weeks. Now it feels like my pelvis is separating. I have that horrible stretched out rubber band burning feeling going on.
It's going to be a long, long, 17 weeks.  I'm almost hoping he is like the last 4 pregnancies, and runs a couple weeks ahead of schedule. *lesigh*

I wish I was having freaky dreams! That would mean I actually got to sleep. lol. Miss 21 months still refuses to sleep anywhere by along side me, often half on top of me.

#14 mini-us

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

@tigs17

I'm so sorry to hear your news, I hope the all will go well and the bigger twin will survive. Good luck and best wishes!!!

XXX

#15 brain

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

20 week scan this morning (at 21 weeks).  All looks good.  Have to go back at 30 weeks as bub was in an awkward position to get a 100% view of a few things, but sonographer pretty happy.

She didn't offer gender, and we didn't ask.  So the mystery remains!

#16 Dresden

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Anyone else have suspected obstetric cholestasis? I had fasting bloods done today, because I've been ripping myself to shreds the last couple of days.

#17 againagain

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Geez Dresden you are having a crap time! I have heard cholestasis is REALLY uncomfortable, I hope you don't have it! How are you coping with the other kids and your back/pelvis etc? Can imagine you would be busy.

Glad all looks good Brain.  biggrin.gif  lucky you get another peek at bub in a few weeks!

#18 Dresden

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

This is without a doubt, the worst pregnancy I've ever had. I think I may have to accept the fact it will probably be my last. I think my body is letting me know it's had enough.

Kids are pretty good. Eldest son is a great help. 16yr old is typical selfish teen, and makes himself scarce when help is needed lol. The tot is the hardest to deal with, she doesn't understand, and fortunately has started to be a lot happier in the company of Daddy, which delights him. He's loving all the extra hugs and kisses he's getting at the moment.

My back has actually been pretty good the last couple of days! Maybe because I finally agreed to take the panadeine forte the Dr kept offering me. Advantage is I'm sleeping like a log. Yay.

The itching is horrible. Pinetarsol baths mean I smell like an off bacon sandwich lol.

#19 Dresden

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

I got asked to go into the hospital today. My bile acid levels are up, and they're concerned because they're rising at such an early gestation. Baby will probably be getting an early mark at 35weeks at the moment. I have to have twice weekly appointments between now and then.

#20 againagain

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Crap that is terrible! I hope they can stabilise things for you. I don't really know much about it....will read up.

Good luck!!

#21 bec_1108

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hi all, it's been a bit quiet here the last few days. Hope everyone is doing well. Maybe everyone is busy buying baby things like I am!

Had my monthly ob appointment this week. Everything is going well. He listened to baby's heartbeat, and it was beating away steadily, then it sort of slowed down for a few beats. I started wondering if it was ok,but instead of looking concerned, ob started smiling and said "that was baby doing a wee"! How funny! He had a quick check on the ultrasound, and I swear sometimes it's like looking at those 3D pictures! He's pointing stuff out and I'm like "uh huh.....yeah.....nope I can't see it"!

I've booked in for a calmbirth course in August, based on so many good recommendations on here. I'll be 33 weeks. I would have liked to do it slightly earlier but the July dates conflicted with our hospital antenatal classes.

We are madly trying to do a few more renovations before September comes, but I don't think we'll get far. It's funny because DH has always been the spender of our money, while I've always been more cautious. Now the roles are reversed and I'm wanting to spend all our money and DH is telling me we need to save!

#22 Elsa 1st Baby

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hi All,

I joined earlier this year but I couldn't find my info so I've had to start a new account.

So much has happened on and of forum.

So Just a little about me, 25wks and having little boy. First baby. Very excited.  

Is there anyone having their baby at the Mater?

El  biggrin.gif

#23 Elsa 1st Baby

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (bec_1108 @ 24/05/2013, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, it's been a bit quiet here the last few days. Hope everyone is doing well. Maybe everyone is busy buying baby things like I am!

Had my monthly ob appointment this week. Everything is going well. He listened to baby's heartbeat, and it was beating away steadily, then it sort of slowed down for a few beats. I started wondering if it was ok,but instead of looking concerned, ob started smiling and said "that was baby doing a wee"! How funny! He had a quick check on the ultrasound, and I swear sometimes it's like looking at those 3D pictures! He's pointing stuff out and I'm like "uh huh.....yeah.....nope I can't see it"!

I've booked in for a calmbirth course in August, based on so many good recommendations on here. I'll be 33 weeks. I would have liked to do it slightly earlier but the July dates conflicted with our hospital antenatal classes.

We are madly trying to do a few more renovations before September comes, but I don't think we'll get far. It's funny because DH has always been the spender of our money, while I've always been more cautious. Now the roles are reversed and I'm wanting to spend all our money and DH is telling me we need to save!

Hi bec_1108,

How cute and amazing, when I went for an ultrasound with hubby my little guy did what looked like a yawn only after hubby and I yawned. Funny little things.

RE: renovations... I'm just in the final staged of planing a build for our new house so looks like hands will be full and only yesterday we went to look at getting a new safer car for baby and our old car chucked a fit and engine over heated, what timing lol.

El  biggrin.gif

#24 Gambit la Feralé

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

Bec - I have been getting little bits a pieces for the baby. My DH keeps telling me to wait until after the baby shower for all the little toys and clothes so we don't get too much! original.gif

Elsa - If you mean the Mater in Brisbane I'll be delivering there!

#25 Elsa 1st Baby

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (gambit @ 26/05/2013, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bec - I have been getting little bits a pieces for the baby. My DH keeps telling me to wait until after the baby shower for all the little toys and clothes so we don't get too much! original.gif

Elsa - If you mean the Mater in Brisbane I'll be delivering there!

Hi gambit,

Yes I remember you I was 'MFB' I'm Mater in Sydney.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.