Reaching out to other first time Mums :)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 Zachary Quack

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Update: the throat aspect of it at least is NOT just one of those things. A Real Doctor looked at it and said "You probably have a strep infection, have some amoxicillin"  ohmy.gif. The gums can be part of just being pregnant but not this throat pain.

I realise I am being totally ridiculous, but I haven't even taken panadol since I found out I was pregnant and now I have to have antibiotics and Bonjela. If I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't even take the abx but it's not just me I have to think of now, and infection can be Very Bad for babies.

Alecia, please let us know about your ultrasound. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

#27 alecia1986

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Ok well... My partner took forever and we were running late, which meant he drove like a maniac (not cool on a full bladder) got there in the nick of time... But they were running 40 mins late... So I had to waddle around the waiting room in absolute agony... Waiting to wet myself at any minute... Feeling like someone was stabbing me repeatedly.

But my baby is looking perfect with a perfect heartbeat and my due date is spot on at 6th December. So relieved original.gif I wish I could've enjoyed seeing it a bit more but it was so painful. sad.gif

#28 lozandash

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hi all. I had a Dr appt this afternoon and saw a different (lady) doctor who is new at my local practice. She was kind and quite thorough. I am tired of vague Drs. It seems to be all I'm getting lately. For example today this new lady doctor told me (I haven't seen a Dr since my dating scan on the 6th of May) it was reported from the hospital where I had my ultrasound that I have a small "subchorionic bleed"! That scared the bejeezes out of me. It doesn't sound good at all! I basically had to Google it to find out what it is because there was a bit of a language barrier between me and the new Dr. She drew me a vague diagram but she was no artist :/
I am of course worried now. My "perfect pregnancy" which has gone on without a hitch so far has now been turned on its head. I looked at images of subchorionic bleeds on Google and have made my own judgement on what one looks like on ultrasound. I got home and pulled out my dating scan photos and I'm 99% sure I can see the "bleed". It looks about the same size as the baby(so about 2cm). I sort of wish the ultrasound tech had told me but on the other hand I wish I never knew. Is there anything I can do to minimize the risk of this thing rupturing or separating my placenta from my uterus??? Take it easy maybe??? Or is it just going to happen if it's going to happen? I'm so nervous now. I hope everything will be ok.

#29 spunkychicken

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'm a first-time mum-to-be, due December 11. Scared and excited! I just booked into the hospital yesterday, so apparently the midwives will be ringing me in 2-3 weeks :-)
I'm going to see my doctor this afternoon about a NT scan, has anyone else had one of these yet?

#30 Zachary Quack

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

I had mine yesterday spunkychicken. I was 11w3d yesterday. Bub was 4.7cm and had a hb of 153, and was initially fast asleep but got woken up when I jumped around to make it move. It was not a happy baby! Shaking its fist at us and kicking like mad. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life, and I have seen some pretty cool things.

Hope your appointment today goes well original.gif

#31 {Jade}

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

2catsandababy, I can totally agree what an amazing sight it is! I saw my little bub yesterday, it was measuring 6.1cm, 12+4 days and moving and waving about! Brought such a smile to both our faces! It was fantastic! I have my nt booked for next tues. Can't wait to see it all again original.gif

ETA: Were you told any results of the nt scan at the time or do you have to wait? Did they give you any indication?

Edited by {Jade}, 23 May 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#32 Zachary Quack

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Jade, the sonographer said "everything looks normal" but that was it. I peeked when she did the nt measurement and it was 1.4mm, which is well within the normal range. I don't actually get results until I see my GP since they need to combine the ultrasound with the bloods, but in all truth I was pretty reassured by the ultrasound alone. Given that I am 29 and there is no history in my or my DP's family of any abnormalities, i am not too worried original.gif

#33 jellybean23

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Mumsy2B @ 13/05/2013, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooo me! me! Pink we are due on the same day too original.gif

I have one close friend with a 6 month old, and a few of DH's friends have babies/toddlers.

How is everything going with you Jellybean?

Im good, now im over my morning sickness! Other than my silly cravings and my tummy muscles being a little sore, i don't feel pregnant at all! original.gif I had my first ultrasound the other day and all is healthy and well - just counting down the days untill i find out the gender - hoping for a girl but hubby wants a boy.

#34 jellybean23

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

i have also been an emotional wreck! I cry over anything and everything - once i start its hard to stop! Anyone else this bad? I have found taking a bath calms the nerves and the stress though original.gif

#35 jellybean23

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

I formally told work that i am pregnant and when and for how long i am taking maternity leave, THEY DID NOT TAKE IT WELL!

#36 Zachary Quack

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Too bad for them Jellybean, your baby will be supporting their old age so they'd better get used to it fast! It sucks that they were not supportive. My work is great for that - the benefits of working in a place with mostly younger females.

As to your previous post, my emotions have been oddly stable. I thought I'd be moodier, but I think my DH is doing all the moodiness for me  laugh.gif  I do tear up whenever I see any ads with babies or that highlight the bond between a mother and her child (I think the one I'm thinking of is for some kind of cereal, not sure). This is the one time when you can be a selfish, moody cow and get away with it by saying "Ooh, sorry, hormones!" and no one will begrudge you biggrin.gif

#37 ymchem

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Hi all,
I'm first time mommy as well, I've experience lots of nausea and sometimes vomiting, but it's the low blood pressure the one that has caused major problems in my daily routine. I get up early but cant get work early as I used to do before. I'm trying everything, mainly eating well and healthy. Someone recommended me Glucodin tablets 50g, I've tried a couple but can feel just a little bit better no too much to be honest. I'm identical twin and my twin sis is experiencing many of my ms too, poor thing ;(
I'm due on 17th December, I had a miscarriage in January with 9 weeks, we were terrified the first 10 weeks but this time everything looks and feels different, my husband and I are very excited. Had the NT scan last week and couldn't believe my little Pau (it's how we call him/her) is so beautiful and was dancing in my belly, even so much that the sonographer struggled to do the test wink.gif same as one of you (sorry that I couldn't get your name in here) I was in tears seeing that
I wish you all the best and hope the ms symptoms go away soon for all of us wink.gif
ymchem original.gif

#38 Pink1984

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Im due 17th December as well original.gif My morning sickness has started to get much better now. I have only thrown up once this week and not feeling as neuseous as i was. Thats amazing that your identical twin is getting your morning sickness, i have heard that that can happen. Im actually having identical twins which is very exciting. Hopefully one doesnt get colic and the other suffer from it as well lol. How did you find it growing up with an identical twin, are you close ? sorry picking your brain, im trying to learn as much as i can before they come. Do i dress them the same ? can i put them in the same room ? lol i know nothing

#39 alecia1986

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Spent last night bawling my eyes out because bf took my blanket and was using it sad.gif a little irrational I think...

#40 alecia1986

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Jellybean - I am so incredibly scared of telling my work. It has me very stressed out. I'm almost 17 weeks o I really need to get a move on & tell them! But every time I think about it my chest tightens and I freak out. Ugh sad.gif

#41 chloesmith12

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi everyone, Im chloe. I am also going to be a first time mum 17weeks pregnant due on the 8th December. Im really looking foward to talking to other lovely ladies that are in the same situation as I am  biggrin.gif

#42 Pink1984

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Welcome Chloe, good luck for the pregnancy original.gif

#43 TahliD

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (chloesmith12 @ 01/07/2013, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone, Im chloe. I am also going to be a first time mum 17weeks pregnant due on the 8th December. Im really looking foward to talking to other lovely ladies that are in the same situation as I am  biggrin.gif

Hi Chloe,
We are due on the same day original.gif How are you feeling? How's your pregnancy been so far? I have to say I've been one of the lucky ones, no morning sickness whatsoever...Just get super tired at about 2pm every afternoon on the dot, wish I could crawl under my desk at work for a power nap! I am so excited about feeling baby move for the first time, haven't felt anything yet I don't think...any day I'm told! How about you?

#44 MarciaJ

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hi everyone,  My name is Marcia.  I'm due 10th December.  First baby and I feel like I know NOTHING!!!  I suppose everyone feels like that before their first one.  It will be great to chat to you all.  Don't really know much about these chat rooms as this is my first post.  Have no idea about the signatures, etc.  suppose it doesn't really matter!  smile1.gif

#45 jellybean23

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (alecia1986 @ 22/06/2013, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jellybean - I am so incredibly scared of telling my work. It has me very stressed out. I'm almost 17 weeks o I really need to get a move on & tell them! But every time I think about it my chest tightens and I freak out. Ugh sad.gif

I ended up writing my boss a letter, stating what my intentions where and when i was taking maternity leave etc... i left it on his desk (we work in separate offices) - he then pretended i didn't exist and had a winge to everyone that i was taking 12 months off! *Childish* but that's their bad luck - thinking of not going back at all!

#46 jellybean23

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Had my Ultrasound today! original.gif IM HAVING A GIRL! So excited, now i can get organised! original.gif Has anyone else found out yet?

#47 jellybean23

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (MarciaJ @ 08/07/2013, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,  My name is Marcia.  I'm due 10th December.  First baby and I feel like I know NOTHING!!!  I suppose everyone feels like that before their first one.  It will be great to chat to you all.  Don't really know much about these chat rooms as this is my first post.  Have no idea about the signatures, etc.  suppose it doesn't really matter!  smile1.gif

Hi marcia! Im Tiffany, i am in the same boat as you, none of my friends have kidlets so im all alone! I was due on the 10th too, but after my ultrasound today ob thinks its more going to be the 28th November so now i have 2 possible dates original.gif
I Downloaded the most amazing preg app - Its just called Pregnancy (its a pink square with a baby on it lol) It gives you up-to-date info and gives you hints and tips - It has been my lifesaver!

#48 Glebegreta

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hi everyone!
My name is Greta and I'm a first time mum due on NYE. I've been meaning to reach out and connect with everyone in this group for a while but am currently working in a pretty stressful job. 19 weeks in and I've had no major pregnancy symptoms so it has been pretty easy so far. Scans have come back showing healthy baby. Phew! But Feel like my baby to be and getting in the right mind frame for what's to come has taken a back seat.i only called the hospital to book in my first obstet appointment last week! New resolution is to get on top of everything, ask lots of questions and find out everything I need to know about what's to come. I have no friends or family with babies so I really have no idea!! Look forward to getting to know you all a bit more :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.