Symptoms

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MandeePandee

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi ladies Just wanted to touch base and see why other symptoms we are experiencing ? I'm 5wks4days and most just feel like I've lost my brain and just hungry & thirsty all the time, so as I told hubby I'm eating while I can still eat!  How are you all going ?

#2 ErinNAnt

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi MandeePandee,

Hope you are doing well and wishing you all the very best for a successful pregnancy xxx I have been trying to fall pregnant for 7 years :/ just goes to show when you stop caring and give up........... surprise, but im worried all the same

Some symptoms I am feeling is like a pulling feeling lower down original.gif, my boobs get sore then they feel ok, tired omg tired, bit forgetful and oh my just burst into tears for no reason........

How are you feeling?

Would love to hear some other symptoms from some of the other girls

#3 Ctb_babynumber1

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

5 weeks tomorrow and nothing yet. I did have a nap today but often do on the weekend and have just had a cold. Bit snappy at hubby

#4 Ctb_babynumber1

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

5 weeks tomorrow and nothing yet. I did have a nap today but often do on the weekend and have just had a cold. Bit snappy at hubby

#5 alecia1986

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

I'm now 7w+2d (by my own calculations) I have had nausea (usually in the afternoon/at night). I find if I have some lollies, or a drink of juice etc, about 10 mins later I am a lot better. Still getting cramps here and there, but not as much, and my boobs are slightly less sore now (though still huge). I've been a bit emotional the last couple of days aswell.

#6 FridaysChild

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hi everyone

I *think* that I'm 5 wks and 3 days so symptoms generally still quite slight: sore bbs on and off, a little bigger (so DP tells me wink.gif ), tiredness definitely - cant keep my eyes open beyond 8pm (I know I'm going to miss the Downton finale tonight!!). A couple of waves of nausea - that usually kicks in for me around week 6/7 and in the afternoon and evening. Biggest surprise 'symptom': waking up early (6am) beacause i'm starving! AND then eating a big breakfast - so unusual for me; usually a night owl pottering around at midnight and not a morning person at all ... (A new kind of 'morning sickness' for me  biggrin.gif )

Wonders will never cease original.gif

Good luck to everyone!
Friday

Edited by FridaysChild, 21 April 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#7 alecia1986

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Does anyone else generally just feel like crap? I can't put my finger on it but today i just feel like crawling into a hole.

And to make matters worse the dishwasher just gave up and melted my Tupperware and now I need to wash my mountain of dishes by hand.  Vent over. Lol

#8 Mumsy2B

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yes Alecia! I know what you're talking about! Sometimes I just feel really average!!

Up until Friday I just had sore boobs, reduced appetite and increased CM, but from Friday (5w4d) I've just started feeling really average on and off. This morning when I woke up I felt really quite cr*p. Oh and the peeing! I'm peeing ALL the time!!

#9 alecia1986

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Loo mumsy2b! The peeing is exhausting on its own. I took a couple of panadols and feel SO much better than I did earlier. Now to tackle the mountain of dishes that have accumulated sad.gif

#10 lindt888

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

Hi ladies, I have been quite bloated recently....in fact a close friend of mine just asked today if I had any good news to share! Other than that...had a nose bleed today n I never get them except for when I am pregnant. Also quite tired the last few days but that could be because I am falling sick as well. Anyway have a good Monday everyone!

#11 MandeePandee

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Fridayschild, I am the same as soon as it hits 9pm I can barely stay awake and then up bright and early , super thirsty , hungry and needing to pee.
Other than eating like crazy just been exhusted easily and a little bit of ligament pain.
Lindt , you just reminded me last time I was pregnant I got my first ever nose bleed - completely freaked me out . Hopefully doesn't happen this time but at least I know it's normal !!

#12 Mumsy2B

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Started getting indigestion this afternoon. DAMN it was/is painful! Hope it doesn't persist throughout the entire pregnancy sad.gif For anyone else who gets it apparently Rennie is safe to take, but not so much Mylanta (DH went and bought it for me and checked with the Chemist). A glass of milk also helped while I was waiting for DH with the Rennie!

#13 sparkythewonderdog

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

I am 7w+ 5d and I swing between starving hungry and nauseous. I have also had dizziness, dehydration, constipation, tiredness and really really sore boobs. I like to think of these "symptoms" as little reminders that peanut is still going along and hanging in there.

#14 LisaCotter

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

8.1 weeks today and feeling very sick , my breasts are very sore like hubby knows not to touch !  and they look like a map with blue veins,

I cannot handle the smell of meat cooking especially sausages , the meat section deli at coles or our local shops , fish smell make me feel rather sick. I never knew you could feel sick all day yet want to eat at the same time.

My iron levels have been rather low ( I have had a lap band) so they have put me on a higher dose of iron tablets as I started having bruises and feeling so tired.

I had a stuffy nose early on and sneezing and found when I sneezed it really hurt my pelvic area like ouch and yes my pelvic floor muscles are fail... I also have found my self out of breath allot my asthma has been worse.

My taste has gone weird , I taste things I do not normally taste like I wanted mushrooms but could taste dirt ( don't know how else to explain it) totally turned me off eating it , I wanted bbq chicken but could not eat it as it tasted like stuffing , and have not been able to use pepper in my cooking.

Craving steak , prawns , juice , crunchie shakes/ icecream , chocolate  and KFC . My jeans are getting tight though I have lost 2.5 kgs in last 2 weeks.

And feeling so tired , I usually wake up at 6 am but I am finding it rather hard to want to wake up or get out of bed and by lunch time i need a nap !

I got a nose bleed at 6 weeks not had one in a long time .

I started feeling movements last week , doctor said its because of my tummy tuck it feels like a flutter and does not happen often just every now and again usually when sitting down or laying.

This is my 7th pregnancy , 5th baby and never had morning sickness before and all my children have been boys so far...... I never really knew how sick you could feel its awful ! Feel pretty miserable tonight with being so sick and nothing is working .

Edited by LisaCotter, 23 April 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#15 eks81

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'm not even 6 weeks, so I wouldn't have thought I'd be feeling anything yet apart from tiredness, but I feel a bit nauseous. I have craved fresh juice every day for the last week, something I only ever have once in a blue moon and we never have juice in the fridge but I bought a 3 litre bottle yesterday to have with breakfast! I had a big cook up using the slow cooker yesterday, and touching and smelling the meat did make me gag a little too. I remember with DS I couldn't even look at chicken without wanting (and sometimes actually doing it!) to vomit!

#16 Whoopsie

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ha ha - I must be the baby of the group! Only 4 and 2 but have been incredibly tired and flat this week, and today was nausea later in the day. Same thing happened with last one - within a week of implanting the need for sleep was overwhelming lol.

Plus I have TOTALLY gone off chocolate and most sweet things which has happened for both prior pregnancies. I think the most frustrating thing is when I feel sick later in the day and get around to making something I want to eat, but by the time it's ready I don't want it anymore lol. Have to say though I feel a lot more prepared for the symptons to come/get worse this time round - but that might change  wink.gif

#17 Babypine

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I'm 4 + 6.  Pretty easy run - just tiredness and the lovely emotional change - tears come pretty easy at the moment

#18 Kimmy_T

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

5weeks2days here and I feel like I have had every sympton; nausea at bed time, headaches, always feeling tired, frequent urination, extreme hunger, smell senses are higher and very very snappy with dad-to-be! Anyone else feeling completely hit at once?

#19 jellybean23

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm 9 weeks + 6 Days, just got over a terrible month of vomiting, nausea and constipation! Finally starting to get my appetite back, however i can't stand the sight of meat? *hopefully this will pass as i love meat!* I'm taking vitamins to help original.gif other than that I'm fine, i do however want to sleep 24hours a day and i am crying over everything! Plus I'm really moody sad.gif

Edited by jellybean23, 13 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#20 Zachary Quack

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

My nausea turned into twice-daily vomits in the last couple of weeks. I'm now 10+2. I have had sore boobs the whole time (until this morning, which is now worrying me!) and I have been really tired - as in, sleep 9 hours and still need a nap in the afternoon. Not so much moody, no food cravings per se but I can't stand the smell of raw garlic, cigarette smoke or beer (so can't go to the in-laws!).

I have had the occasional ?round ligament pain especially when I sneeze the 'wrong' way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.