Anyone been for there first Ultra Sound yet?
Dating scan

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Pocket...

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hi, I don't belong here but I had a scan at 6w 2days due to some bleeding.  Abdominal only and saw the sac by no fetal pole or anything else.  Estimated sac size was about 5w 4 days. I was so stressed for the next 3 weeks til my next scan but that little sac is now a strapping 13 month old who stresses me out for entirely different reasons! There is so much variance in what each pregnancy will show at a scan that early.  Good luck and try not to stress to much  bbighug.gif

#27 MandeePandee

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

LittlePom so glad to hear that it all turned out well for you.
I had my scan on Friday at 6w3d and they could also only see a sack and measured it to be only about 5w3d . Also had some spotting last night and this morning so a little freaked out. Good to hear some positive experiences though . If 5w Is correct it changes my due date to Christmas Day !!

#28 Justaduck

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

I don't belong here (yet, my dates put me as being due on 2/1 but will likely be delivered before Christmas). Just wanted to say that I had 2x dating scans last time around and I didn't have to pay for either? I am sure if it is being done for medical reasons (ie actual dates, bleeds etc) the first one is always bulk billed. A second one may or may not be depending on the results? With DD I had a scan at 5w0d (we didn't have a clue with dates) but because they only saw a sac I had to go back at 7w0d. They bulk billed that one too as first wasn't conclusive.

Am booked in on the Fri before Mothers Day which will be 6w1d and that is being bulk billed too. Wasn't sure if they would see a heartbeat but PPs have given me hope we might. Hate the dildo-cam tho!
Also to PP who had the 33 day cycles...I was the same with DD. Had 35 day cycles. Told the sonographer that LMP as on xx date, but I have 35 day cycles. She was concerned with why I was measuring a week behind, but when you account for the extra week before typical ovulation it was spot on

#29 Zachary Quack

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I ended up having another scan today after some bleeding, cramping and clots this weekend. The bean had grown quite a lot (the sonographer didn't actually tell me how long it was, but it was easy to see on the monitor that it was much bigger than 11 days ago) and it still had a hb of 164. No clues as to why I had bleeding, but all I can do is be happy it is still in there ticking along and cross fingers that it stays on this good path.

This one was done in hospital so it was bulk billed. The first one was also bulk billed at a private place for some reason, I think they have a deal with my GP practice.

#30 HeartMyBoys

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

I forgot to update.Had my scan on the 23rd and bubs measured 7w 5d (im 8w 4d now) with a heart rate of 171. All looked good. I had some bleeding yesterday but nothing today. Im having another scan next week. I need to see progress this time, rather than getting bad news at the 12 week scan like the last 2 times. Im feeling good about this one though original.gif

#31 ErinNAnt

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all well... had my first u/s yesterday and measured 2 days further than i thought at 7weeks 1 day..... had a lil heartbeat of 132bpm (hoping thats normal?)

Had a lil bit of worrying news about a subchronic heamatoma (1.3cm in diameter) really really worried as I did a dr google and the news is so frightening  

Hope your all going well x

#32 shellygirl

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (ErinNAnt @ 02/05/2013, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Girls,

Hope you are all well... had my first u/s yesterday and measured 2 days further than i thought at 7weeks 1 day..... had a lil heartbeat of 132bpm (hoping thats normal?)

Had a lil bit of worrying news about a subchronic heamatoma (1.3cm in diameter) really really worried as I did a dr google and the news is so frightening  

Hope your all going well x

Hi Erin n ant I am unable to pm you for some reason. But I did have a bleed at 5weeks and 9 wks when they found my sub chorionic haematoma below. Can't remember the size but just that it was moderate. It had resolved by u/s 10 days later. Their main concern was that it didn't get bigger as it could affect the placental attachment. Speak with your doctor and get a follow up scan and hopefully it will alleviate your worries. Good luck
Just read they occur in about 3% pregnancies and most common cause of first trimester bleeding. Considered small if less than 20% of size of gestational sac and large if greater than 50% gestational sac. So I think depending on your sac size yours is smallish??

Edited by shellygirl, 03 May 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#33 ErinNAnt

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Thanks sweetheart!!!

As yet I haven't bled at all (smashing wood not touching wood!!)

the sonographer has called it small

I really hope its not a problem for too much longer xx

#34 ErinNAnt

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Thanks sweetheart!!!

As yet I haven't bled at all (smashing wood not touching wood!!)

the sonographer has called it small

I really hope its not a problem for too much longer xx

#35 Kimmy_T

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Should be 6w1d but having dating validity scan due to bleeding and irregular periods on Tuesday next week. Quite nervous as I miscarried this February at 7w
Foetus measured at 5w1d. Wish me luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.