Ready Set Go Girls #228

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 LilMissChatterbox

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Gold! My first ever!! So all 14 survived the night, some looking better than others, looking forward to tomorrow's update. Don't know what I'll do next week with nothin to look forward to each day!!

Still pretty sore and now getting headaches. I'll ring the nurses in the morning.

#3 Zanobia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Silver! Hi all, sorry, I can't catch up on all the personals! So many posts!

First off, welcome to all the newcomers! This is a great forum, I hope you find it helpful, comforting and reassuring biggrin.gif

To all the girls who have had bad news hhugs.gif here's hoping March brings better news for all!

Dadora hhugs.gif our FS isn't really getting off to the best start at the new clinic!

So, we're going to try rolling straight into a new FET cycle, so I have my first BT on Monday. Bit of an emotional wreck with the BFN coming so near to our lost EDD...so trying to distract myself a lot! So hopefully getting some traction on some renovation plans and for once I'm glad that work is stupidly busy.

This AF was my worst in a long long time. So many painkillers and a ridiculous amount of rest and I'm still only barely human and mostly functional after a week. Got back to the gym today after not going since the transfer, so glad I changed my membership (I can buy blocks of days at a time, so I think I've bought enough to get me up to the next transfer).

Quick pair of questions, does progesterone give anyone else crazy dry/itchy skin? I thought this was a side effect of the OHSS last time but since the only drug I was on for the FET was the pessaries I have another suspect now (stupid itchy!).

What vitamins do people take? I'm just taking the Blackmores PG Gold...it is my normal vitamin as a DR recommended it as a don't eat red meat and its a bit more generous on iron/folate etc than normal women's multi's. But I'm thinking with the FET of trying the Blackmores conception ones...are they worth it? What do people think?

#4 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Bronze

I have another BT and u/s tomorrow, so we'll see how my progress is.

My niece had her baby today, so I'm a Great-Aunt to another little girl and got my baby cuddle fix today original.gif

#5 LilMissChatterbox

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Bwok - fingers crossed for you. Congrats on becoming a great aunt! I think if I cuddled a newborn today I might burst with cluckiness!
Zanobia - sorry about the crappy AF. I only started prog yesterday and no symptoms yet. I take the swisse pregnancy and conception one. It has fish oil but still only one tablet. All my friends say once you get pg, the gag reflex is quite hard and having one tablet makes it easier. And I wanted to take the same one throughout as some people seem to have reactions to different brands and I wanted to know that I had one that worked for me.
AFM - all 14 still in the game. Although clinic says to expect drop offs between now and Saturday. Still pretty uncomfy but nurses say its normal. Have to say that she wasn't very convincing today though. They told me earlier in the week to keep up the pain killers. Today I asked whether I should be taking them to the point of no pain, or just mild discomfort. She said maybe alternate with panadol as panadeine forte can cause constipation. But what about what level of pain I should be managing to???!? Anyway, taking it easy today as I want to make sure I'm feeling as goog as possible for Saturday's transfer.

#6 Magenta_

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hi there,

My FS said not to take any supplements that contain fish oil when doing IVF as it increases bleeding (with all the injections, pickups etc).  She said to take Elevit with Iodine which I'm still taking.

Good luck!
Magenta xx

#7 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Had my u/s this morning - they couldn't find the right ovary even when I was pushing on my stomach - so I've come out a bit tender. Left Ovary has 11mm, 18mm, 15mm, 5mmx2 - I started the Orgultran at the clinic this morning and will continue until I trigger.

Must go, everyone has pounced on me the mintue I walked into work this morning, can you fix this, can you fix that... grrrr

#8 hopelessromantic

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Bwok Bwok- That's good numbers even if it is only your left.  Hopefully your right one is the same. original.gif

Littlemisschatterbox- I was told not to have fish oil too while having ivf, for the previous mentioned reason.  I had to have a mole cut out just before I started and I bled a lot and my GP asked if I was on fish oil.  Thankfully no, because if I had been, the bleeding would have been worse.  Just something to think about.  HTH original.gif
Zanobia- Good luck with your new cycle.  Hope this one is the one!  I take Elevit with Iodine.

AFM- Just trying to keep busy.  All my girly bits are still aching from time to time during the day.  Not sure if its leftover pain from EPU 10 days ago, or if it's the crinone.  Otherwise wwhistle.gif  wwhistle.gif

Hi to everyone else

Edited for stupid spelling!

Edited by hopelessromantic, 28 February 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#9 AmberSpark

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

wow littlemiss they are great numbers and still going. Woo HOo

#10 LilMissChatterbox

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Thanks magenta and romantic - might explain why I've been so uncomfortable this week as one of the causes could be internal bleeding... Might have to switch up if we have to do another cycle....
Bwok - looks promising!

#11 Dadora

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

LilMiss - Your numbers are so good. Well done! I hope you start feeling more comfy soon. With my last EPU I was feeling pretty crook for 4-5 days and then mildly cruddy for another week or so. I was told lots of fluids and protein could help (as well as panadol original.gif)

HR - good luck with your waiting. Not to long to go now?

Bwok - pretty good numbers so far, and just on one side. Do you know if they'll be able to get to your other ovary for the EPU, or is it shifty blighter? wink.gif Congrats on Great Aunt-hood, too original.gif

Zanobia - I know! I was thinking the same. Hopefully this is just a rough patch for us and he'll get us back on track this time. It's great to hear that you can go straight back into a FET cycle. Are you going medicated or unmedicated this time? Hopefully AF leaves soon! bbighug.gif

AFM - Saw my FS today and he said that if 3 good quality embryo transfers have been done and none are sticky, it is likely I have an implantation problem. cry1.gif Now I'm worried that IVF may not work at all, but I guess all we can do is keep trying. So I'm taking this month off to go to Fiji with my DH and then the day after we get back I'm going in for an endometrial biopsy.
Apparently, damaging the endometrium can help with implantation - weird! So then I just wait for AF to arrive and then start an Antagonist cycle with prenisone 10mg - supposedly helps calm down my crazy immune system.

So I might pop in now and then, but i'm having a break until end of March. Good luck lovely ladies!!!

#12 STL

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hi All,

I am on CD 10 now and the side effects of the gonal and / or oragulatran seem to be kicking in.  Does anyone else get really dizzy with the drugs or is it just me??

Dadora, please keep us updated.  I am kind of in the same boat with three really good embies not sticking so i would be keen to see how the procedure goes with you.  My FS hasn't suggested that yet but has put me on the NK Cell protocol (clexane and prednisone) and antibiotics as a 'just in case'.  I am thinking that a biopsy may be the next step for me too if this cycle doesn't work.

#13 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I am on CD 10 now and the side effects of the gonal and / or oragulatran seem to be kicking in. Does anyone else get really dizzy with the drugs or is it just me??

STL -I'm on CD9 and started the Orgalutran yesterday and I've woken up feeling really awful today. I know I woke up about 5am feeling dizzy but went back to sleep - I thought it was from my ears (I have problems with them) but now thinking it might be the drug and not my ears after your comment!

#14 Jessie_T

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ladies, I got to reply to all of you. I have been reading but I am so unwell with this puregon. I have been having diahorrea, nausea, bad bad stomach ache.

#15 hopelessromantic

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

So I'm taking this month off to go to Fiji with my DH and then the day after we get back I'm going in for an endometrial biopsy.

Dadora- Fiji how wonderful.  Have a great time and relax.  Ivf will be waiting for you when you get back.  And it sounds like a good plan you have too.
Does anyone else get really dizzy with the drugs or is it just me??

I was nauseous and dizzy for a couple of days and then it seemed to settle.  Hope yours does too. First dose of Orgalutran made me throw up.  Luckily it was just the once.

Hope your all feeling better soon original.gif

#16 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Enjoy your trip Dadora

Jessie - how many days of injections have you done now? Hopefully it will settle down for you soon.

HR - how are you feeling?

Hi everyone else.

AFM: E2 has stayed the same today as it was yesterday, so I don't know what is happening there. But I have another u/s and BT tomorrow.

#17 Three Of Hearts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

LilMissChatterbox Congrats on the great numbers!!  That's fantastic!!  Good luck with your transfer original.gif

Zanobia Sorry about the horrible AF sad.gif  As for the progesterone, the skin on my face seems to have been extra dry lately, yet still manage to have plenty of pimples making their way through! ddoh.gif    I take Elevit.  I have to take it at night because it makes me feel a bit sick.gif  The nurse said taking just straight folate tablets is fine though.

Dadora Enjoy Fiji!

Bwok, Hopeless & JessieTroy Sorry you're all feeling so yuck on the meds sad.gif  My worst time was from EPU to ET.  I was feeling very yuck and just wanted to lay on the couch all day.  The day of ET I said to my DH that I didn't think I could go through with it as I felt nauseous, had an upset stomach and had to drink water for the US.  Last thing I felt like doing!!  I hope you all start to feel better soon!!

AFM- So the bleeding stopped on Tuesday night and nausea kicked in.  I was slightly hopeful it was a good sign but my HCG came back at 6 yesterday.  So all over for me this cycle cry1.gif  I have to have follow up bloods next week to make sure my HCG has returned to zero and then I have a meeting with the FS on Friday to discuss my next cycle.  We are planning on a natural FET and I would really like to start straight away, but the nurse thinks he'll make me wait out a cycle.  Will just have to wait and see.  Feeling a bit drained after a week of wondering whats happening.  Never did I imagine not getting a straight 'positive' or 'negative' result!

Ok so this might be a stupid question, but since I was bleeding so much at the start of the week do you think that was 'it' or now that I've stopped the crinone do you think I'll start bleeding again?  Surely there can't be too much left in there if I do!!

#18 hopelessromantic

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Bwok Bwok- Your clinic is keeping a close eye on you.  It must feel good to be monitored so closely so you know exactly what your cylce is up to.

Allie- I am so sorry for you. bbighug.gif Obviously your body tried hard to be pg.  I hope your not far away from that reality. I have never done a cycle full way through obviously, but I would think that your bleeding would be it.  Surely. Why would your fs want to make you wait another cycle?  Is it because you got a positive result for a little while??

AFM- I was ok. wwhistle.gif  wwhistle.gif Other than very sore BB and tender abdomen.  Until yesterday when I had some faint blood tinged cm.  First time I thought I imagined it but it happened again late in the afternoon and I had a mini panic that af was on her way.  But on only cd10 I couldn't believe it.  I am trying to prepare myself for af to turn up on tuesday so that I don't get too disappointed, but I thought I was out already.
Anyhow it seems to have settled down, so we will see how it goes. BT thursday!

So I am going back to waiting... wwhistle.gif

Hi to everyone else original.gif

#19 LilMissChatterbox

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

romantic - sounds so good for you! GL!

Allie - so sorry hun....

jessie, bwok - sorry you are feeling so sick on the meds

STL - no the only symptoms I have had was yesterday (after three days on progesterone) being teary for no reason.  Spent 20 minutes trying to work out why I would be upset, and worked out it was the hormones!

Dadora - have a great time in Fiji!

AFM - did ET this morning.  Got to see the blast on the screen, and they gave us a pic to take home! They will freeze 4 blasts today, and see if any of the others look good enough for freezing tomorrow.  Feeling much better today,  which is good cause DSD 14 has a migraine and is vomiting so I'm on nurse duties.  Poor thing is in so much pain....

#20 STL

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Lil Miss - Congrats on the transfer and 4 blasts in the freezer is great news.  Fx this one will be super sticky and you won't need them.  

Allie - I am so sorry to hear that it didn't work for you this time.  I would think that you could count that as your AF.  I had an early bleed with my first transfer and that did end up being my AF, though i never had any + HCG results with mine so it could be a bit different.  My clinic insists you have a months rest after a stim cycle to let your body recover from all of the drugs.  They will do back to back FETs though.

Hopeless - fx that AF holds off for you.  Crinone and Progesterone can cause the symptoms you described so hopefully that is all it was.

Bwok - I would be interested to know what your ear problems are?  My left ear has been completely blocked since last Oct and i have had 4 serious episodes of vertigo and dizziness which were quite scary over the 5 months as well as general dizziness and nauseua at other times.  Coincedently it all started after my first IVF cycle and I am wondering if there is any relationship between the two? I am going to see an ENT in a couple of weeks and am nervous about what they might say.  From my research there seems to be a link to this  and fluid retention which could be a result from all the extra hormones.

Jessie - I hope you are feeling better.  The symptoms you describe sound similar to the symptoms for OHSS so make sure you are being monitored by your clinic.  On the other hand it seems almost everyone i know has had some sort of bug lately which could also be what you are experiencing.  

Dadora - Have a great trip to Fiji and enjoy your break.

#21 Lottie*

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hi everyone

Allie d so sorry to hear your news. Time wondering what if is no fun at all and then to fet that news. Take it easy and I hope you come up with a good plan with your FS.

Lil miss - amazing numbers. Any tips for getting so many good eggies? What protocol were you on? I have been told to be on a high protein diet. Did you do that?

Hope everyone is ok and progressing well in the various stages of this fun.

Afm -  day 15 of buserelin down reg. looks like another week of it too. Feel a bit down about this as was all ready to start the puregon. I was on 50 ml buserelin but now only 20ml,until next sat when i take more bloods and hopefully start stims. Anyone had any experience of this? It's because my blood results did not come back within range. Feel like I am in a holding pattern! Sigh.

#22 Waiting4Little1

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Zanobia, I had the itchiness problem last night with Crinone, was bad so I ended up taking an antihistamine, which helped with the reaction. Before last night I didn't have a problem with it, so should be interesting if I have the same reaction tonight, not sure if we are supposed to keep taking if you have a reaction or not?

Allie sorry to read things haven't gone well this cycle for you bbighug.gif

Jessie hope you feel better soon, and that the reactions don't last the whole time you are on the drugs.

AFM 10 days post egg collection and I still feel everything hurt when I sneeze/cough/stretch really anything laughing2.gif

Trying not to let work get to me, was lucky enough to have 3 days off after transfer, and felt like it may have helped, well fingers crossed anyway.

We have BT on Friday, I think this is going to be the longest week ever....

#23 LilMissChatterbox

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Waiting - so glad to hear you are still having discomfort IYKWIM.  Nurses seemed to be implying that I shouldn't be in any discomfort anymore and were not much help.  It's gradually getting better though.  Will keep my FX for you all week!

Lottie - not really sure!  biggrin.gif  So the FS never told me what type of cycle it was but Dr Google suggests it was antagonist.  So I had 125 Gonal F (reduced to 112.5 after E2 BT), Orgalutran, with an Ovidrel trigger.  

I didn't do anything different re: diet but have been eating a pretty balanced diet for the past year or so I guess.  Lots of veggies etc.  I've been taking Swisse Pregnancy and Conception vitamin (but others say not to due to fish oil, which may have caused my extended pain from EPU). I have been off alcohol since New Years (to help with conception) and reduced coke consumption last year, cut out black tea last year.  This year I reckon I've had two black teas, and maybe 4 coke/diet cokes.

I have been having acupuncture since about November. I go to the acupuncturist weekly but at ET he wanted to see me before and after, but as it was a Saturday he saw me Friday and put "tacks" (tinsy little needles that stay on with a bandaid) on and I go back Monday/Wednesday/Friday this week. He doesn't seem to think the ac helps with egg quality - more with lining of uterus and helping the embryo stick.  Let's hope he's right!

Only 8 sleeps til the blood test!  biggrin.gif

#24 hopelessromantic

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

HI Girls,

Well I think I'm out.  AF has shown her ugly head.  I am not sure what is going on as after a bit of blood last night (late) I immediatatly did a hpt and got a faint positive.  This morning with FMU it is much stronger but my AF is definatly here too.  

I am ringing the nurse this morning, but I can feel that things have changed since yesterday. My BB have been so swollen and sore all along and since yesterday they are much more comfortable.  So I don't feel like I could be pg now.  Weird.  Anyhow, I guess I'll find out where to go from here. sad.gif

#25 LilMissChatterbox

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear that HR - hopefully it's still hanging in there but sounds like you might be needing big hugs and ice cream...  Do you have a BT scheduled?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

Baby for Asher Keddie and Vincent Fantauzzo

Fans followed every step of her on-screen pregnancy in Offspring, now Asher Keddie is going to be a mum in real life too.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong': the fight for Kaden's diagnosis

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reaction to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Empowering bikini photo of 46-year-old mum goes viral

When a group of teenagers made rude remarks about her body as she walked past them in a bikini at the local beach, Julie Cross refused to cover up.

Devastated widow discovers she's pregnant the day before husband's funeral

They had been trying to conceive a baby for seven years. Tragically Kristy Kirchner found out she was pregnant the day before her husband Royce's funeral.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Gabriella Goat sues Peppa Pig

Every toddler's favourite television pig is being sued by an Italian woman who shares a name with a Peppa Pig character.

Meet the Mpregs, the male pregnancy enthusiasts

"Men can't have babies - that's something only women can do! But our community is full of like-minded people who wish otherwise."

Your new motherhood survival kit

Forget about the bright, pretty baby things - while you're in survival mode, all you'll need are the essentials.

More than 100,000 cars recalled globally after death of pregnant woman

The announcement of a mass recall comes as Malaysian police investigate the death of pregnant woman in July.

I had a 'good baby' but still suffered from postnatal depression

I had a much wanted precious baby girl, a 'good baby' who slept well, self settled and was mostly content. It just seemed implausible to think I could succumb to depression.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

'It's not you, it's me': Boston bombing survivor mum to have leg amputated

Rebekah DiMartino is going through a break-up. She even wrote a farewell love letter. But it's not to her husband.

What it's like to go through early menopause

In a cruel twist, Carla had been breastfeeding and perimenopausal at the same time. But she's far from the only one to go through menopause early.

Restaurant served alcohol to two-year-old

Busy restaurants can be forgiven for getting food and drink orders mixed up from time to time, but not when the confusion leads to a two-year-old being served an alcoholic cocktail instead of the child-friendly beverage they ordered.

Julia Morris tells of miscarriage on a flight

Julia Morris has spoken about the devastation of suffering a miscarriage while on an international flight.

Woman's survival after birth 'a story of two miracles'

A US mother is home and tending to her new baby less than a month after surviving without a pulse for 45 minutes.

Eating ice may give mental boost to the iron deficient: study

A new study proposes that, like a strong cup of coffee, ice may give those with insufficient iron a much-needed mental boost.

Tiny lives in caring hands: Thank U NICU Day

Each year in Australia, over 40,000 newborns need the help of a special care nursery or neonatal intensive care unit. One day a year, the staff are honoured by the parents they help through those dark days.

I paid $50,000 to have a girl

This time my husband and I hadn't taken any chances. We had paid $50,000 and travelled 13,000 kilometres to make sure the baby growing inside me was female.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Dear firstborn, I'm sorry

Being a first-time mum is tough for so many reasons – particularly because you really have no idea what you're doing.

A trace of sesame could kill my son

Helen Richardson son's had two anaphylactic reactions in a month. It's traumatic for everyone.

When you know before the test says yes

It wasn't a pregnancy test or missed period that told me I was pregnant with my second baby; it was too early for those things. A doner kebab told me I was going to be a mum again.

What not to do when your partner is in labour

Robbie Williams stole the show during his wife Ayda's labour, pretty much demonstrating everything on the "what not to do when your partner is in labour" list.

Best maternity swimwear and beach cover-ups

Thinking about a tropical babymoon but have nothing to wear? Here are some great swimwear and beach cover-up options for mums-to-be.

Dad breastfeeds his babies

Trevor Macdonald has now been pregnant twice, and is successfully breastfeeding his newest family member.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.