Clomid and OI #109

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
313 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your new thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 rosie28

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

I have nothing really to say, just couldn't resist being first!  tongue.gif

#3 ejdonn

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I saw that you posted Rosie and thought what news ... silly me cool.gif

#4 Bebe1

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Cant resist I've always wanted to do this 'bronze' hehehe!

Edited by BrookeyT, 27 February 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#5 Poseidon768

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

I'll be bronze -1

>.>

Hope I see a temp rise tomorrow!! I'm expecting it sad.gif and I am going to be disappointed.. boo.

Will reply properly when I get a chance to within the week! original.gif
In the meantime, take care everyone.

#6 rosie28

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I do have something to ask- NSG, how did your first needle go?!

I just did needle 36, and I think I've figured out the level at which the Gonal can be felt going in- 100iu. Uncomfy, not painful, but still!

#7 NSG

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hey there, yep I did my first jab last night. I took your advice Rosie and got everything ready, then grabbed hold of the pen and did it straight away. There was a small prick going in but that was it. I am on 75iu so unlike you I can't feel the gonal at all when I press the trigger. Phew! I am glad it is over..... Rosie I will stalking tomorrow to see how you go.....

#8 kentieness

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Keep forgetting how quick this BG moves. I read through and think 'I'll reply in a minute', then I get distracted and oh look, there's a new thread started!

rosie - That's great that you have a plan of action for any outcome! Sucks being in limbo while you're waiting, though

Brookey - How have your OPKs been going? I did one Tuesday night and last night and they were both fairly light sad.gif I don't want to ovulate too late, I'm sick of waiting!

ejdonn - Sorry to hear about AF sad.gif Good luck with your tube flush next week - I've heard a lot of positive stories about getting pregnant after one, so fingers crossed you'll be one of them!

Poseidon - I'm clueless about temping; what does a temp rise indicate?

NSG - Glad your first injection went well!

Hello to everyone else!

AFM: On CD15 today and no positive OPKs yet... mind you, I've only done two, hehe. Plllllease ovulate soon, ovaries! I don't want another long cycle!  hands.gif

#9 Poseidon768

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

No temp rise for me this morning boo.
kentie a sustained rise in temperature is an indication that there is progesterone in your system I.e. that you've ovulated. So that's a way that I try to confirm whether anything has happened yet or not. When was your last clomid pill??
Although most people will tell you to expect to ovulate 5-10 days after your last pill it can be longer (or shorter!) than that. I think I Oed 11?12? Days after my last clomid pill wine cycle that it worked.

Well done NSG original.gif the first stride is probably the longest/hardest. How many more injections does your doctor estimate you'll need? I'm not sure if there's a general rule of thumb with these things or not.

Broooooooke how is the natural cycle going? Any signs of increasing fertility?

Ejdonn - hoping this will be to thing that does the trick for you again. original.gif

Today it just hit me how much I have been expecting to ovulate again this cycle. The realisation that nothing is happening has shaken me back to realising that my body doesn't behave the way it should. Oh we'll. cd 14 here. No ovulation. My positive OPK was apparently a false alarm sad.gif no other signs of increasing fertility either. Only thing I'm holding onto is the Idea that it is still early days to be convinced tht this cycle is a dud. Boo.

This has been my first EB iPad post. Proudly brought to you by Apple (and Poseidon768!). I like how easy it is to type on this thing. biggrin.gif

#10 kentieness

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Poseidon - last Clomid pill was CD9, so last Friday. Only been 6 days, so I guess I just have to keep on waiting! I'm meant to be having a blood test on CD21 so hopefully I'll ovulate before then.

I'll keep hoping for both of us that we ovulate soon original.gif

#11 Bebe1

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'll join this WTO- Waiting to Ovulate group with Posey & Kentie. I am a bit the same Posey- I am just assuming I am going to ovulate and if anything I should be thinking the opposite as I am all natural!!!!! Still remaining positive though, annoyingly DH is away for work right when FF says I should O......seriously.....WTF....... So this cycle may be a bust for that reason alone!! CM is increasing, but still no + OPK & no ferns just yet. My temps has dipped again this morning & having a few pains....so will see what the next few days bring before DH leaves on Sunday.....  ddoh.gif Oh.. quick edit. I am CD13
Congrats NSG on your first needle & Rosie on your 30+ amazing girls!

Edited by BrookeyT, 28 February 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#12 Bazinga

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Ah I hate it when you post then a new thread starts. I seem to be a thread killer  wink.gif

Pose didn't you want the (.)(.) prize? wink.gif

Rosie good luck I the higher dose, I really hope it is the magic number.

NSG glad your first needle went well. You'll be a pro soon enough.

BrookeyT I know what you mean about Oing when DH is going away. My hubby works away a week at a time so if we don't fall this cycle the next one DH wil have to drive home and we will only have one chance to BD. It sucks.

AFM I'm 5dpo (if I count on Oing the day after trigger) I didn't feel anything at O, no pain no bloating nothing last time I felt terrible so thought this time would be the same. I want to test but know it's not worth it. Really hoping this is it, it's only my second cycle and its already getting me anxious.

Good luck waiting to O ladies and huge FX for 2WW ladies original.gif

Edited by Bazinga, 28 February 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#13 ejdonn

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

DH couldn't get an appointment for SA til Friday week ... not helpful as that's fertility time!  Anyone else have trouble getting appointments?

#14 Bebe1

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Ejdonn, is he doing at an IVF clinic or just handing over at the pathology place. My DH did both and they both were pretty much on the spot. Must of been a slow couple of weeks. Sorry for the bad timing, sometimes it just feels like even the little things are against us!!! ddoh.gif aannoyed.gif

#15 Bebe1

Ejdonn, is he doing at an IVF clinic or just handing over at the pathology place. My DH did both and they both were pretty much on the spot. Must of been a slow couple of weeks. Sorry for the bad timing, sometimes it just feels like even the little things are against us!!! ddoh.gif aannoyed.gif

#16 Bebe1

UH-OH triple post..... HELP what do I do?

Edited by BrookeyT, 28 February 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#17 Lalliana

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hi Everyone waves.gif

Well, I decided to take a few months off TTC (ok, so maybe my FS encouraged me) which meant not thinking about anything TTC, which to be honest was nice over Christmas. I hadn't realised how stressed I had been getting about everything so it was good of him to give me orders he he. I ended up not taking Clomid for December and then January as well as my FS was on holidays.

I haven't had a chance to read through the previous thread yet but I'll try and catch up soon. How is everyone doing? Did I miss any BFP's?

This month I was back on 200mg of Clomid daily and I had my ultrasound and blood test on Tuesday (CD14) which showed 3 follicles, yay! I was given 'homework' as my FS says on that night and the following night so I am officially in the TWW.

Ugh, I hate the TWW, hopefully it goes quickly.

Edited by Lalliana, 01 March 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#18 LokiDan

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hi all! waves.gif

Sorry for no personals sad.gif trying to catch up, and a new thread happened!

Did some DFO shopping today to keep my mind of tomorrow! It worked till now! Lying in bed and hoping a praying that AF doesn't come tonight!

I'm away from DH so I will be calling or skyping while testing! I have a friend here so I won't be alone original.gif

Someone asked what DPO I am on, if I take it from the day I had AI I'm 17dpo. After trigger and AI I have 3 injections (3 days apart) of Ovidrell. This helps support the released follie and FXed make it stick! Helps to make sure the LP isn't too short either. Because this injection is the same as what pregnancy tests pick up I can't test till 7 days after the last injection.  And unfortunately even then It could be a false positive. The drug can't take up to 10 days to leave your system, generally it is 5-7.  If it is +ve tomorrow I will be excited but will have to test again in a few days.

Oh I keep over analysing everything too!
Rather gassy and occasional cramping but nothing major like I normally get with AF. Starving hungry more than normal! And strange twinges in my abdomen........

Going to be a long night!

Will update and catch up on everything tomorrow original.gif

Edited by LokiDan, 28 February 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#19 rosie28

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

I think I found the magic number. 100iu. FS was pleased with my scan results this morning - nothing happening on the left, but a 10mm follie on the right, and a bunch of 9mm ones as well (hard working right ovary!). There is  still a chance I'll go into overdrive and we'll convert to IVF, but for now it is looking like we'll be able to trigger some time next week! I actually wouldn't mind having to do IVF now, at least it would mean this cycle isn't wasted. If I grow 5 follies we'll probably cancel, anything over 8 is definitely IVF, but 2 would mean trigger and timed BD. I'm strictly not to BD over the weekend though, in case I'm growing stacks of follicles. FS was even cautious about recommending condoms - she would prefer we just abstained altogether to be safe.

I'm exhausted, and today is needle 32 for this cycle, so I'm over it in a big way, but it seems to finally be working.

#20 kentieness

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Happy Friday everyone! It's a particularly happy Friday for me because I got a positive OPK last night  ddance.gif I've only done OPKs for a few random cycles while I've been TTC, so this is the first time I've seen a positive! So exicted biggrin.gif

Brookey & Poseidon - how are you girls going, any positive OPKs? Temps doing the right thing?

LokiDan - isn't is funny how we suddenly notice EVERYTHING our body does during TWW? Hope AF didn't show up overnight!

rosie - so glad you've found the magic number and things are working! Fingers crossed for less than 3 or more than 8? original.gif

How's everyone else going?

#21 NSG

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yay Kentieness, get bd'ing girl!

Lokidan, I am so hoping that you are successful this cycle, it sounds really positive.

Welcome back Lalliana, I know what you mean about TTC being stressful. Fingers crossed the 200mg works for you.

Rosie, yay, finally! Sounds like you will know within the week what the plan is......

Everyone in the 2WW..... I am watching!!

AFM, no news. The second jab was so much easier last night. I did it on the couch in front of DB (he turned away at the last second, wimp!) and I now feel a lot better about the whole thing. 4 days until I get blood tests to see how I am going....

#22 LokiDan

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

cry1.gif BFN cry1.gif
Still no AF but she will come. I just hope she is quick about it!
Called FS and they are calling me back with when to start injecting again and what dose.

I think I knew this cycle would be a fail as it just didn't feel right.
I had some tears this morning but ok now.
Onwards and upwards!

Will be back for personals later on

#23 Bebe1

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Sorry to hear that Loki you poor thing, It hurts everytime with a BFN......thinking of you X

CONGRATS Kentie, + OPK such great news!!!! Get busy lady friend!

ROSIE- Congrats finally some action for you, that is just brillant news!!!! !  ddance.gif

Welcome back L'lani, I've joined the group since you left I think, fingers crossed a nice break and return to TTC is just what you needed and you get that BFP!!

AMF- still No + OPK or Ferns getting pretty tight now with DH Leaving on Sunday But I am only CD14 and the earliest I have O'ed(and only time hahah) is CD17, FF has O'ing on Wednesday....smack bang when DH is away for work  sad.gif . But what will be will be!! Not going **(try) to stress about it! See what happens.

G'Luck to everyone X
Happy Friday X

Edited by BrookeyT, 01 March 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#24 kentieness

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

NSG - Glad to hear the injections are going well original.gif

Sorry about your BFN, LokiDan sad.gif

Oh, Brookey, that sucks! The lack of positive OPK and DH being away for a week when you're meant to be ovulating. Hopefully you'll still be in with a chance if you BD right before he leaves!

#25 Lalliana

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

LokiDan Sorry it was a BFN. But it's great that you are thinking of the next cycle already. Hopefully the next one is the one!

rosie28 I hope your follicles behave themselves and it results in either IVF or the trigger shot. The needles aren't much fun but crossing everything that you won't have to do it again!

NSG Thanks, it's great to be back, I did miss EB but I understood why I needed the break, I'd still been stressed especially after the MC. 200mg seems to be a good dose for me mostly, 3 follicles is what we aim for so hopefully this is my month.

kentieness Yay for the +OPK!

NSG Good work on doing the needles yourself. Even though it was a pen I couldn't bring myself to do it and I had to have my partner do it for me. It would be the same again now if we go down that path, I'm a sook he he.

BrookeyT I think you are right and I had dissapeared either before or just after you joined. I hope your body cooperates and you get that +OPK before Sunday. It must be hard when DH has to go away around that time. A friend of mine has her DF away for 4 weeks and back for 1 week. They were going to do IUI to get around it but thankfully the last month that his being back lined up with ovulation, they fell pregnant.

AFM I'm already seeing EPS at 3DPO, ugh, back to the usual obsessing it seems. I'm working heaps over the next 2 weeks though so that should hopefully keep me distracted.

Um, I have a confession to make and I'd like to know if I'm alone in this. When I fell pregnant in August, I bought a convertible car seat and a capsule (I layby'd them as they were a fantastic price) and I've also been buying up modern cloth nappies. I know this is stupid as I'm not even pregnant, but am I alone in this? Has anyone else bought baby stuff? My DH thinks I'm silly I think but he doesn't say so. Sigh, the want to have a baby is so strong for me right now and I refuse to believe it won't ever happen. Hence I see my buying things as being an investment in our future family. Oh well, hopefully one day I'll be able to put them to use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How I learnt to relax about routines

After many routine-led, tough years, we've realised that being parenting isn't about being perfect. It isn't about following a schedule to a T.

Should you have a third child or not?

I thought our family had been complete with our two boys. I had no idea how much I needed my daughter until she was here.

Helping a toddler embrace an adopted sibling

A single parent by choice, I am preparing to adopt a second baby from Morocco. And I face a special challenge.

When pregnancy messes with your self-esteem

Pregnancy doesn't make all women feel beautiful. It certainly doesn't raise every woman's self-esteem.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Robbie Williams live tweets wife's labour

And the award for most patient woman in labour goes to ... Robbie Williams' wife, Ayda Field.

Vaccine ignorance is deadly and contagious

In the absence of credible, strong political leadership, paranoia about disease can go viral.

Parenting differently based on birth order

All children have unique personalities, but keeping birth order in mind could help when parenting.

How to get rid of the mum guilt

Motherhood and guilt seem to go hand in hand, but there are ways to focus

Paid parental leave scheme grinds to a halt

The future of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme appears to be up in the air, despite the fact it is due to begin in less than nine months.

The devastation of foetal alcohol spectrum disorders

No one's sure how many Australians are affected by foetal alcohol spectrum disorders, but the consequences for those who are can be devastating.

The pros and cons of finding out the sex of your unborn baby

It’s often one of the biggest choices parents make during the course of their pregnancy; to find out, or not to find out, the sex of their baby before it’s born.

Toddler's awesome dress up month

Two-year-old Willow and her photographer mum, Gina Lee, made October "Dress Up Willow Month". She posted photos of Willow's costumes on her Instagram account, and her creative takes on popular culture are simply adorable.

Childhood around the world

It can be easy to assume our ideas around childhood are universal, but they are particular to where we live, as these practices show.

Best picks for baby and toddler shoes

Here's a great selection of footwear from pre-walker to walker ensuring comfort and style for growing feet.

I lost my wife and daughters to Ebola - then it came for my son

Sunday, September 21, is a day I will never forget.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss. It involves toilet talk, and probably caused my miscarriage. But it needs to be talked about.

Prenatal testing: the facts

Prenatal testing is done to check if a baby has certain medical conditions before birth. Here is some important information about what the tests are for and the risks involved.

5 things to do with your baby?s old clothes

Did you think your only option for your baby?s old clothes was to pack them away or give them to the Salvos? Think again.

Why it's possible to not realise you're pregnant until the baby arrives

After hearing about 'surprise babies' born to mums who didn't know they were pregnant, it's common to ask "how did she not realise?" But experts say it's entirely possible for it to happen.

'My miracle is finally here'

How has the world continued on its pace when mine has been altered so drastically?

Dairy can help older women fall pregnant: study

Ice cream may be the ultimate comfort food, but a study suggests it could also help older women to have children.

Megan Gale goes topless for 'sexiest people' cover

Six months after a heavily pregnant Megan Gale posed nude for Marie Claire, the glowing new mum has gone topless for the cover of another magazine.

A new perspective on life from living with two diseases

A mother shares her personal story about the difficulty of living with two conditions, one of which stops her from being able to see her daughter's face.

Warning about Children's Panadol dosage

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has issued a safety advisory warning parents about confusion when using the dosing syringe supplied with Children's Panadol.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Take 'The Coles Big Nappy Change' Challenge

You could become part of our Test Drive team and win one of 200 packs of Coles Little Explorer Nappies as part of our 5-day challenge.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Thief uses breast milk as weapon

Police are on the hunt for a thief who robbed a pharmacy using her lactation skills.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.