Would your son go to a fairy party?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Paddy2

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

My daughter is turning 5 and wants a fairy party at a fairy shop. We were thinking of inviting her whole class, the majority of which are boys, about 70%.If your son was invited would you think it was inappropriate? I am thinking perhaps calling it a fairy and something (?) party.

#2 BadCat

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Not inappropriate at all.

My son wouldn't be interested.  He never did the sparkly fariy thing.  Lots of boys do though.

#3 TinyTeddys

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Maybe say its a fairy & wizards party if your worried about the boys not liking fairies.

#4 Cooperdoo

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

No they would hate that. Why not make it a pirate and fairy party? That he would enjoy.

#5 ell80

My son is only 3, but he'd love it!  I'm not sure what older boys are like...

#6 CountryFeral

My nephew #1 would be in 7th heaven!
#2 would go for cake.
(he however would also go to a party at the sewerage farm if there was cake so that somewhat invalidates his opinion!)

#7 -*meh*-

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

my 5yr old son would, my 8yr old son wouldn't.

#8 Paddy2

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Cooperdoo @ 27/02/2013, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No they would hate that. Why not make it a pirate and fairy party? That he would enjoy.

Excellent idea. Thanks. original.gif

#9 JaneDoe2010

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

My son would love it!

Some kids would screw their noses up but that would help me trim out the kids I'd be happy mine not be besties with. wink.gif

#10 tarind

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

My son has gone before- didn't dress up though.

if you are inviting the whole class i would call it fairies and something party

#11 Lazycow

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

My 5 year old would, in fact he went to one last year and they made it a dress up party and most of the boys turned up as pirates.  original.gif He really enjoyed himself, but I think if was just fairies he would probably wouldn't of enjoyed it as much.

#12 librablonde

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

My 6yo DS would love it! So would my 3yo DS's. My DSS is 6 and would probably not like it.

#13 Becca1605

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

What do they do at the party at the fairy party shop? I just visited a fairy party shop on the weekend and they said they have boys dress ups for boys and do things for the boys etc. I would call it fairy and pirates too!

#14 Buggylicious

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

My almost 5 yr old wouldn't care, he loves absolutely any party as long as there is cake and other kids there.

#15 Feral_Pooks

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

What about making it a Magic Party? You could have fairies, pixies, dragons, witches and wizards. Personally I would have hated fairies, and I'm a girl  ph34r.gif

#16 Dub74

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

No my 5 year old wouldn't go as he is coming to that age where gender is becoming more apparent

#17 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Fairy stories.

That way children of either sex could come as fairies, trolls, mermaids, shining knights, princesses etc.

#18 kez71

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

I would call the fairy shop and ask them what they do for boys..im sure theyd have a contingency plan..

#19 librablonde

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm back again to add that I think when I was either 4 or 5  I had a fairy themed birthday party in our backyard. A heap of kids came from the neighbourhood and the girls were in fairy costumes and the boys were in pixie costumes. I still have old movie footage of us all running around having a ball! original.gif

#20 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

My dd had her party at the fairy shop when she was 7, she had 3 boys and they loved it.  They came dressed as wizards, harry potter etc, played loads of games.

#21 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Not all girls are that excited about dressing up as fairies either (my DD would have run a mile from frills or pink at that age - actually at any age... she much preferred dressing as a horse!) I think by making it a wider theme you will keep all happy.

#22 Bunsen the feral

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

A party is a party as far as my DS is concerned - he had a great time at Snow Whites party on the weekend. He's having a Star Wars party in a few weeks for his 5th birthday, the girls can like it or lump it.

As long as there is cake and a party bag most 5 year olds would be happy!

#23 adnama

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

DS is 4 and he would love it, but he would he would go.
Mind you is he liking "boy" things more but he often will pop on one of his sisters dancing tutu's.

But I would make it a wider theme as well. DD's 4th birthday was mermaids and pirates

#24 CharliMarley

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

My granddaughter had a fairy party at the "Fairies House" last weekend and all the little girls loved it, but her brother and his best friend were taken somewhere else by their fathers - probably the "Wall of Death". roll2.gif

#25 Stinkermouse

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Agree with others saying a "Fairy & Wizard" party is a great way to incorporate the boys.

My DS5 was invited last year to a girls 5th birthday which was a fairy party, he was the only boy and loved it.  I dressed him up in a peter pan costume with some green fairy wings.

Saying that though I don't think my DS4 would be as into it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.