#3 clarisse83

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Silver!!

#4 2puzzled

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Bronze!!

#5 2puzzled

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Sounds good Sparky!!! Everything crossed for you. Take it easy and spoil yourself. I really hope everything goes smoothly from this very second!

#6 clarisse83

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Sparky glad to hear the transfer went well! FX for you xx

K wow the new house will be such a big change, but I hope it will also be a much needed change and it'll give you something to obsess about other than bebe original.gif xx

Ally I'm with the other ladies, I don't know how you managed 17 days in a row!! By the 3rd or 4th day in a row, hubby is all "again?!" haha. FX when you speak to your dr on Monday it'll be good news original.gif

Hope  waves.gif

AFM 8DPO and the EPS spotting begins. My boobs are sore today, don't usually get sore boobs before a period but we'll see!

#7 AllyK81

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thinking of you Sparky! Still little one, stick!

I have kept my FRERs - all dated. I can't seem to thrown them out and I like comparing them. Cuckoo!

Test was DARKER than the control line this morning!! Yay!!

Had a dry engagement party last night - told everyone I was dong Feb fast.

Who is testing next? 2P?!!!

#8 clarisse83

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I think that 2P, Elippo and I are all due to test at the end of this week/next weekend, although I'll probably test on Tues or Wed morning before my FS appt. I've decided to keep the appt even if I get a BFP because if the pregnancy doesn't stick, then I want to know what my options moving forward are and if I'm already an existing patient of my FS then it won't be too hard to get another appt.

#9 pixii

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Sparky its so good to hear it went so well. I hope this one sticks and you get your little bub.

Ally That is awesome news I think I will find it difficult not to do progression testing when I get my BFP next time round. I find it hard enough not to do OPK tests more than I have to laugh.gif .  

Clarisse, Elippo and 2p keep the BFP rolling in please ladies. I think its a good idea what your plan is Clarisse.

AFM well nothing really to report here other than I just want to cry all the time atm.

I am scared I am not going to O this month as my tests were dark (not quite as dark as control line) on CD7 and now for the last two days are barely visible. I do usually O around day 13-14 am CD12 today so FX I get a positive in the next day or two.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

#10 2puzzled

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

I can't wait until Friday ladies. Am going nuts and have EPS galore. Nipples on constant high alert, feel sick, heightened sense of smell and most signif for me, a stabby, pulling sensation near my appendix scar which is the same sign as prev and which initially prompted ectopic searches... My change in cycle over the last 2 months means AF could be due anytime btn tomoz and fri. Think I will be testing every day from now cos I have nooooo willpower.

#11 pixii

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

oh that sounds promising 2P I will be anxiously waiting news biggrin.gif

How many dpo are you?

Edited by pixii, 24 February 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#12 2puzzled

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

not really sure when I o'd because I wasn't tracking this month - seemed like a good idea at the time but because I am not sure whether AF is now due on CD29 pr CD32, I have no idea when I should be testing!! Rargh! Admission: I came straight home from shopping and tested BFN LOL. DH laughing at me and telling me I am hopeless and have no willpower. Sheesh I could've told him that!! Sigh. He is making me wait till Tues to check again (would prefer I wait till Wed). I will try to hold out... I will try!!

Hope noone suffered any damage to property during the storms last night - really frightful stuff!

happy sunday all...

#13 pixii

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

oh bum,  what day are you in your cycle now?  Holding out til tues is going to be a killer lol

#14 Sparky10

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

2P - sorry to hear the 2WW is driving you a bit nuts. I'm pretty sure I will be in the same place next week. I was pretty addicted to POAS when I last tried. Hoping I can control myself this time (but doubtful!) Your signs sound promising though.

Clarrise - EPS sounds promising too. I think you are wise to keep the FS appt though. It took about 2 months from my first FS appt until I started treatment as I had to do a whole pile of tests first and some can only be done on certain days of the month. I think it's comforting to have a backup plan. FX you won't need to worry about any of that though.

pixii - sorry to hear you are struggling this month. Just keep BD'ing and you never know. How long are your cycles usually?

#15 pixii

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

sparky my cycle is usually 30-31 days and I usually Ovulate between 13-15 original.gif

I am a poas addict too but Dh keeps me under control lol

#16 2puzzled

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

currently on CD28.

many thanks to everyone for answering about public v private/seeing an obstetrician. if I get a BFP will see my lovely new GP and seek some advice. is it tuesday yet?

#17 Sparky10

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Sounds like you will O soon then Pixii so FX the OPKs join the party tomorrow. It is quite stressful trying to figure out timing some months. I feel for you.

#18 Lucky2013

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi all

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Sparky - so glad everything went well today. you can tick one box. Now lets just hope it sticks and it has no translocation. I have a good feeling for you! It just has to work after all you have been through! I am having acupuncture too. lets hope it works a treat for both of our bodies!

pixi - is it possible you missed your LH surge? I have read heaps of places that sometimes it occurs and is already on the way down when you test meaning you dont get a strong positive. I had a few months like that! So I think it is just serious BDing for you now to at least CD 17-18 in case you do O late. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Ally - my BFP buddy biggrin.gif We BD'd 10 times in a row to get our BFP too..... so regular BDing must be part of a good recipe!! Hope all blood tests go well but all sounds really positive. What is your EDD? Mine is 30 Oct.

Clarrise/2P - good luck guys!! one of the first things I noticed this time was more obvious veins in my chest/boob area(which have now  become more pronounced) and sore boobs..... I will be ph34r.gif for you!

K - New house you lucky duck! Something really positive and happy to focus on away from all the worries! And what a great new beginning in so many ways for you original.gif

AFM - Think I am about 4w4days now. Still very early days. Have good and bad moments. Have moments where I think - this is a new pregnancy, no tests have proven anything wrong, so there is no reason it should fail again! Then other moments where I think things will just go the same as the last two times as that is all I have ever known. But I am sure this is what most girls go through when they have had miscarriages (especially multiples). Last time I was so optimistic and it failed so proceeding with a fair bit of caution this time... but WANT IT SOOOOO BADLY!!!!!! please please please please let this be our time.

Obviously not ready at all to leave this group yet ladies.. hope you don't mind having me stay until at least post 12 wk scan xxx

Edited to fix a typo

Edited by Lucky2013, 24 February 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#19 pixii

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

hey lucky,  this is your time lovey, stay strong.

I am pretty sure I have not missed my surge I started testing CD7. Having said that it was very dark on this day and nearly as dark as the control line but not quite. I dont think I would have O so early but one never knows.  I will keep up the BD routine until I get my positive and 3 days after original.gif

Oh and forgot to say your not leaving this group my dear we need ladies who have been successful to stick around to give us hope and cheer us on.  We need you ladies here too xx

Edited by pixii, 24 February 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#20 chelby

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

morning lovely ladies!

sparky- ive got everything crossed for u!

k- that seemed to come around quickly re moving into your new home! new home and wonderful new beginnings

ally- 17 days is crazy! i think our record is 5 lol

clarrisse & 2p- really hoping those symptoms are eps and u both get a nice surprise this week!

2p- im late in answering you private vs public question but anyways, im going private, i chose private as i have private health insurance i might as well use and i like the fact that the hospital i have chosen garantees a private room and u can stay up to 6 days if u like and dh can stay too if he wants. my local public hospital seem to kick you out after 1 night! being my first i think i may need lots of help in the first few days.

pixi- fx you o in the next couple days and if for some reason u did o back on cd7 at least you were bd'ing by then:) covered all bases!

lucky- it is hard to remain positive sometimes but i do believe this has to be your time!  when are u having your first scan?

how is everyone else going? havn't seen hasmo in a while, how was your exam?

afm- well im 7 weeks 4 days and am getting nausea on and off but still havnt thrown up. I am being quite positive about this one, 7 sleeps till my next scan! and then if all is going well i wont have another one till the 12 week nt scan! still doesnt feel real yet, dont think it will till my belly starts growing!

#21 Lucky2013

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Thanks Chelby, i really really hope so!!

First scan next thurs (7 March) will be just over 6 weeks! Counting down the days. Trying to stay busy!

Best wishes for your next scan and loving your positive vibe!

#22 AllyK81

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

The 17 days wasn't that much of a chore, actually! We were very committed! And given it worked for Lucky perhaps there is something in that research Hasmo quoted a while back? Where are you Hasmo by the way lovely?

I would keep the appointment Clarisse - they are hard to get and at least you'll have a back up plan. Those EPS sound promising, though!!

Pix - you WILL O. Just give you body time. And keep BD! It took my body two weeks from my first +ve OPK last month to O. I had completely given up hope.

2P - your symptoms sound great, too! FX for tomorrow.

Lucky - we ARE BFP buddies! I am not due until early November because I O so late.

Chelby - only one more week until you see your bub! How exciting!

AFM - have stepped away from the sticks and missed TWO calls from my GP this morning. I am not too worried actually as my boobs are mega sore and lots of CM. I am actually feeling positive about this. Perhaps unfounded! But it can't hurt. xx

#23 Sparky10

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Lucky - sorry to hear you are struggling but I think we all know how you feel. If I do ever get another BFP I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck until at least the 12wk mark. Just try to take each day at a time (easier said than done I know). I'm having my BT on 7/3 so hopefully it will be a good day for both of us.

Chelby - glad to hear things are going well for you too. FX for your next scan.

Ally - you have the patience of a saint. I would have to have those results by now if it was me! I'm sure it will all be fine though.

Just wanted to say that I am more than happy for those with BFPs to keep posting on this forum until the 12wk mark. As Pixii said your encouragement and advice is more than welcome and hopefully we can help you through the tough journey to 12wks too.

#24 clarisse83

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Sparky10 @ 25/02/2013, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wanted to say that I am more than happy for those with BFPs to keep posting on this forum until the 12wk mark. As Pixii said your encouragement and advice is more than welcome and hopefully we can help you through the tough journey to 12wks too.

Me too! I also love when grads pop back in to update and check in on us original.gif

Ally Have you spoken to your dr yet? ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

#25 pixii

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hi lovely ladies,

Sparky and Lucky I hope that the 7th is a great day for you both.

Ally I would want the test results last week my goodness woman you are better than I am lol.  I am so glad your bbs are really sore thats a great sign your body is really going through its thing for this bub yipeee!

Chelby I am so glad things are going great for you

Glamour How are you doing lovely lady?

All the amazing ladies who have little bubs in their tums I hope things are going just brilliantly.

2p and Clarisse I am anxiously waiting for results from you ladies. I am starting to get a bit excited even laughing2.gif I think I am a nut job

AFM Well I took an OPK this morning before work just after waking (yep I know they say dont do it then) but I was concerned I may miss the surge if testing only once a day as I am starting work at 5.30am and finishing at 2.30pm so cant test twice daily unless I do it first thing.  Well I could barely see the test line rant.gif I was starting to panic as that has been the running theme the last 3 days and I am CD13 and today is usually the day I get my first positive OPK.

Came home this afternoon and on the way home I was practically hands.gif that the test be getting darker when I do one this afternoon.  Yep nut job praying for a pee stick to show me I have hope of ovulation lol

Well I am glad to say its definitely darker than the last 3 days and not far off being as dark as the control line. So will test again later tonight but I am hoping will get a positive tomorrow so I can just breath biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Why couples with daughters are more likely to divorce

Couples with daughters have higher divorce rates than those with boys. A new study reveals why that is the case.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.