Friday 22nd February

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 purpleblackqueen

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

I am writing my list of what I want to have done, except Day to Day stuff which will be added daily, when the list gets rolled on to the next day, until done

MORNING STUFF

HEALTH/FITNESS/BEAUTY
Vitamins- AM
Vitamins- PM
KIds Vit C- AM
Kids Vit C- PM

WHILE OUT
School Drop Off
Return Library Books
Get Hayley NEw School Sports Shirt
Grocery Shopping
Get Nephew Birthday Present
Pick Up Candle Order
School Pick Up
Pick Up Lingerie Book from School Mum Txt'd Instead
Take Big Blankets to Dry Cleaners
Pay School Fees

WASHING
Fold All Washing
Ironing
Jack's Blankets
Jack's Blankets
Rags
Clothes
Clothes
Towels

LOUNGE ROOM
Dust
Strip Out
Sweep/Mop
Furniture Back
Find Place for New Candles
Clean Fan Blades
Clean Window Tracks
Wipe Over Skirtings
Wipe Over TOp of Doorways
Tidy TV Cabinet
Tidy DVD's etc

TOY ROOM
Clean Windows
Clean Window Tracks
Strip Out
Sort Through Tubs and Reorganise toys etc
Sweep/Mop
Wipe Over Skirtings
Wipe Over TOp of Doorways
Paint Step

KITCHEN/DINING ROOM
Unload Dishwasher
Unpack and Put Away Shopping
Bundle Meat and Freeze
Strip Out
Sweep/Mop
Put Stuff Back
Wipe Over Skirtings
Clean Window
Clean Window Tracks
Clean Fan Blades
Replace Light Bulbs
Scrub Out Freezer
Scrub OUt Fridge
Make Big Batch Muesli Cookies
Clear Off Dining Table started
Wash New Candle Holders and Put On Dining Table started
Cut Up and Marinate Chicken
Make Potato Bake
Mix Up Caesar Salad
Empty Indoor Recycling Bin
Take Basket of Papers to Recycling Bin

LAUNDRY
Clean Tracks
Sweep/Mop
Clean Washing Machine- Inc Filter

MY ROOM
Make Bed
Dust
Vacuum
Clean Windows
Clean Tracks
Clean Fan Blades
Wipe Over Skirtings
General Tidy
Hang Art Work

BATHROOM/TOILET
Clean Toilet
Clean Mirror
Clean Shower
Clean Vanity
Clean Window Ledge
Sweep/Scrub
Clean Window

HAYLEY'S ROOM
Make Bed
Dust
Vacuum
Clean Windows
Wipe Marks Off Wall
Clean Tracks
Clean Fan Blades
Wipe Over Skirtings
General Tidy
Paint Hayley's Window Frame/Ledge
Paint Hayley's Door Frame
Organise Desk
Organise Bookshelf
Sort Out Jewellery, Makeup, Candles, etc

JACK'S ROOM
Make Bed
Dust
Vacuum
Clean Window Tracks
Wipe Over Skirtings
General Tidy

MISC
Sweep/Mop Hallways
Wipe Over Hallway Skirtings
Paint Front Door Frame and Door Edge
Change Over Wallets
Speak To Neighbour Re Picking Up Kids & Babysitting When I go Back to Work
Bring BIns In
Find Big Ladder in Shed and Bring Inside
Take Small Ladder Back to Shed

PHONECALLS
Ring Undercoverwear Lady With Final Order started
Ring FIL RE Computer Harddrive
Ring RE Orders for UCW

TAFE STUFF
Sort Last Semesters Tafe Notes
Re- Write This Semesters Tafe Notes
Assignment
Exam

PAPERWORK
Budget
Pay Bills
Sort Through Computer CD's
Filing
Print Up Bills from Emails
Shopping List started
Deal With Stuff in Bottom Basket
Read Ice Cream Maker Book
Work Out New Routines for When I Go Back To Work
Print Up Menu Plan

Edited by purpleblackqueen, 22 February 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#2 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Liz, your list is the same size as Mondays list. Surely by now, it should be nearly all finished?

#3 purpleblackqueen

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (~THE~MAGICIAN~ @ 21/02/2013, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liz, your list is the same size as Mondays list. Surely by now, it should be nearly all finished?

Things have been coming off and things have been going on that are scheduled of each day. I have also had 2 interviews this week, which has taken priority, plus tafe on Tuesday.

#4 anotherid

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Long time reader as I find these threads quite motivating!

Liz - what I can not understand is how your new house can already need so much cleaning and sorting? I can understand the painting etc but really how can your walls, windows, tracks etc already need cleaning? Those are things that I would do only every 6-12 months (ie Spring Clean). Same with bedding. Sheets can be changed weekly (or fortnightly even if kids shower at night and don't get sweaty) but the blankets shouldn't need to be done often at all.

I think that you are way too hard on yourself.

Have you tried doing the Flylady routine? I have looked at it myself and it looks good. It talks about doing very basic things daily and a 'big' clean weekly. The big clean only takes one hour! Perhaps some type of routine like this could help you focus on what is really important and save you time.

Edited by anotherid, 21 February 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#5 purpleblackqueen

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (anotherid @ 21/02/2013, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Long time reader as I find these threads quite motivating!

Liz - what I can not understand is how your new house can already need so much cleaning and sorting? I can understand the painting etc but really how can your walls, windows, tracks etc already need cleaning? Those are things that I would do only every 6-12 months (ie Spring Clean). Same with bedding. Sheets can be changed weekly (or fortnightly even if kids shower at night and don't get sweaty) but the blankets shouldn't need to be done often at all.

I think that you are way too hard on yourself.

Have you tried doing the Flylady routine? I have looked at it myself and it looks get. It talks about doing very basic things daily and a 'big' clean weekly. The big clean only takes one hour! Perhaps some type of routine like this could help you focus on what is really important and save you time.

The windows/tracks were filthy when we bought the house and left like it by the previous owner, and witht he renos going on, I am only just getting to do them.  The fans although brand new have black dust on them, this house gets very dusty.

The blankets absolutely stink, I dont know why probably the damp problem we had at the old house, they have been aired but didn't make any difference. I do linen weekly anyway, during summer and fornightly during winter.

The walls show up every single fingerprint etc, so I give them a spot clean regularly.

Yes I have looked at Fly Lady and it wasn't for me.

Edited by purpleblackqueen, 21 February 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#6 anotherid

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Ok well I tried to help.

The thing is most people live in fairly neat and tidy houses without needing to do 1/4 of the housework that you do.

Obviously I don't have the answers that you need, but hopefully one day someone will be able to help you so that you can stop being a slave to your house.

All the best.

#7 purpleblackqueen

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (anotherid @ 21/02/2013, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok well I tried to help.

The thing is most people live in fairly neat and tidy houses without needing to do 1/4 of the housework that you do.

Obviously I don't have the answers that you need, but hopefully one day someone will be able to help you so that you can stop being a slave to your house.

All the best.

Excuse me but I wasn't after answers to anything, and I dont need help, thanks all the same. I am not a slave to my house at all, I take pride in MY OWN home. I am trying to get stuff done before I go back to work soon.

#8 jrmama

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Fold washing
Put washing away
Vacuum upstairs
Vacuum downstairs
Pull out some weeds if weather permits
Pick up sticksif weather permits
unpack dishwasher
clean kitchen
bake potato cake
mop kitchen
take a nap after lunch
sweep driveway

Edited by jrmama, 22 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#9 ChunkyChook

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

DD is away for the night! WOO!

Sleep in like no one has slept in before!
Work
Get another present or 2 for my sister
Cook up a giant Mexican feast for my sisters birthday dinner
Maybe drag out a suitcase or think about packing, flying out Tuesday

ETA: Things that didn't get done today. These can be bonus bits.
Clean out car
Vacuum car
Spot clean floorboards
Work
Spray weeds
Tidy at front door
Sweep front step/path

Edited by ChunkyChook, 21 February 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#10 Mummytoyou

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

LOL chunkychook - enjoy the sleep-in!

Playgroup will take up the whole morning - remember snacks
load of washing  DONE
get dh to finish vinyl DONE
me clean sticky marks from tape off vinyl offcuts and move DONE
get yoghurt and ingredients for cornflake cookies - make said cookies
clean out car a bit
vacuum my room DONE
spend time training dogs
get lock for door?? (didn't do today)
make sure everyone knows I'm out Sunday morning so need
all hands on deck then. DONE
work out plans for Saturday.
organise dinner and something to occupy kids tonightDONE - die on couch - catch up on my shows. DOING

had a late night energy burst so crossed a few things off already - yay more me time tomorrow original.gif

Edited by lifehacker, 22 February 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#11 ~Mintie~

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

This place is a mess, so I really need to get some cleaning done today...

Washing up

Laundry load 1
Laundry load 2 (weather permitting)
Transfer clothing into new drawers
Transfer contents of bedside tables into new bedside tables
Clean old drawers for sale
Clean lounge room
Vacuum
Clean play room
Sweep outside paved area
Clean kitchen area
Clean inside of car
Sort old linen

#12 Cardio Carrie

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hi ladies - hope all have all had a good week. Congratulations purpleblackqueen on the second interview - awesome accomplishment!! I want to get a bit done today so I can have a quiet weekend.

Dishes DONE
Benches
Put things in right places downstairs
Clean dining table
Fold & put away clothes
Fold & put away linen
Reorganise tupperware cupboard
Find place to keep lunchboxes & drink bottles
Make DDs bottles DONE
Make DS lunch DONE
Take DS to school DONE
Pick DS up from school
Wash laundry load 1 DONE
Dry washing load 1
Wash laundry load 2
Dry washing load 2
Iron school uniforms
Lounge room quick tidy DONE
Downstairs toy room quick tidy DONE
Upstairs toy room quick tidy
DS room quick tidy
Sort through bath toys
Our bedroom quick tidy
Our bathroom quick tidy
Sort through my wardrobe for clothes swap day
Send church email
Organise teacher meeting
Ring AGL
Pay bills and do account transfer
Bring rubbish bin in DONE
Make shopping list for weekend

Edited by LegoLady, 22 February 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#13 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I may or may not put a load of washing on when I get home.

I will lay down with DS and annoy the hell out of him by tickling his feet and twirling his hair while he tries to play on the PS3, then I'll get up, think about what to have for dinner, feed the pests then sit on my a*se in front of the telly before getting up to pick my DD up from work at 8pm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.